https://www.wlwt.com/article/police-...nnati/23006860

CINCINNATI — Cincinnati police said they are investigating reports of an active shooter situation in downtown Cincinnati.
Police said they are actively investigating reports of a shooter at Fifth Third Bank at 511 Walnut Street in the lobby and loading dock.
Advertisement

It's near Fountain Square, which has been closed to foot traffic at this time.
An officer at the scene said there are at least two, and possibly more, people who've been shot. It wasn't clear immediately if the shooter was one of them.
Officials with the University of Cincinnati Medical Center said that they have received at least four victims.
According to Cincinnati councilman P.G. Sittenfeld, "Multiple shot, and tragically there are fatalities."
Streets around the building at the city's Fountain Square were closed Thursday morning, as were sidewalks.

Several other nearby buildings are on lockdown as police investigate.
Sen. Rob Portman has released a brief statement as details develop, saying in part, "My staff and I are following the situation in Cincinnati. If you're downtown, please follow first responder instructions for the safety of everyone involved. Jane and I hope for a peaceful resolution soon."