Thanks

Default Flammable Liquid Found Aboard U.S. Domestic Flight

Exclusive

Bomb Plot, Terror, US Domestic Flights

Flammable Liquid Found Aboard U.S. Domestic Flight

By Douglas J. Hagmann, Northeast Intelligence Network,

Judi McLeod, Editor, CanadaFreePress.com

Wednesday, August 23, 2006
    23 August 2006: An investigation conducted jointly between investigators from the Northeast Intelligence Network and CanadaFreePress.com, acting on information provided by a well placed source within the airline industry, has found that the threat to our airlines – even those originating within the United States and Canada – does not appear to be over. The recently discovered UK based plot to detonate explosives on international flights into the US might have a greater reach and pose a greater threat than originally reported.
    On Saturday, August 19, 2006, an alert member of a flight crew aboard United Airlines flight 94 from San Francisco(SFO) to Newark(EWR) made a rather startling discovery: a bottle of “Aquafina,” emptied and refilled with a yellowish liquid was placed in the galley of the aircraft, on a back counter near a coffee warmer. A subsequent inspection of the bottle and testing of the liquid by safety officials, including members of a Hazmat crew found that the bottle contained a “flammable, highly explosive liquid that has no legitimate commercial purpose.” Interviews with members of the flight crew reported that no one working that flight recalled seeing the refilled bottle until its discovery immediately prior to the aircraft’s descent.
    According to the information provided to the Northeast Intelligence Network by a well-placed source and further confirmed through federal transportation officials speaking on the condition of anonymity, the bottle “did, in fact, contain a liquid explosive, and appeared to be deliberately placed near the coffee burner sometime right before the aircraft’s descent [into Newark].” Had the bottle tipped toward or onto the heat source, or been exposed to other possible effects from either the heat or landing, “it is feasible that the contents could have ignited or exploded.” An investigation conducted jointly between investigators from the Northeast Intelligence Network and CanadaFreePress.com found that this incident was reported internally within the airline carrier’s safety board and is under active investigation, although so far, it has been successfully kept out of the media.
    Based on this incident, flight crews have been instructed to “protect the integrity and security” of the galleys of the aircrafts, insure limited access to those areas by passengers, and to conduct periodic inspections of such areas before and during the flights.
    Douglas J. Hagmann, founder & director of the Northeast Intelligence Network, and a multi-state licensed private investigative agency. Hagmann began using his investigative skills and training to fight terrorism and increase public awareness through his website.
    Doug can be reached at: director@homelandsecurityus.com
    Opinion2006
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Flammable Liquid Found Aboard U.S. Domestic Flight

Any word on what the liquid was?

Yellowish? Gasoline?

-Mal

Thanks

Dunno, nothing that I have heard at this point. Was hoping Sean might comment eventually.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

To this moment I am unaware of any yellowish highly flammable liquid explosive which has no legitimate commercial purpose. I am still inquiring.

I have learned of some of the other details. For example, United Airlines Flight 94 (San Fran to Newark) was an Airbus A319 aircraft - exactly like the one I recently flew from Memphis, TN to Newark, NJ.

The description of the location of the bottle indicates to me that it was in the rear galley area behind the starboard W/C.

This suggests the orignal bottle contents were poured out in the W/C and a new mixture added.

The timing of when this plastic bottle appeared indicates it was intended to detonate or explode over the heavily popuated approach into Newark Liberty International Airport.

The location of this liquid indicates it was intended to sever the tail of the aircraft from the fuselage.

Thanks

I wonder if the "no legitimate commercial purpose" was a mistaken choice of words ... perhaps "cosmetic" or "consumptive" purpose was meant?

I would think that most explosive/highly-flamable liquids have commercial uses as solvents, cleaning supplies, and/or fuels somewhere.

-Bryk

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brykovian
    I wonder if the "no legitimate commercial purpose" was a mistaken choice of words ... perhaps "cosmetic" or "consumptive" purpose was meant?

I would think that most explosive/highly-flamable liquids have commercial uses as solvents, cleaning supplies, and/or fuels somewhere.

-Bryk

I have every reason to accept that the statement we recieved about "no legitimate commerical purpose" is dead-on accurate.

(Rest of post deleted due to sensitive nature of the data).

Let's just say I know how this was done and leave it at that.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; August 26th, 2006 at 12:39.

Thanks

Ah. I'll take your word for it. :/

-Bryk

Banned
    Thanks

Eventually this data will be made public, it's just that at this time release of such would be very counter-productive. When I see proof that TSA and airline security is not acocunting for this tactic and making every effort to preempt it - then I will go public in a very forcefull manner. In the meantime I defer to common sense in being silent.

Thanks

Understood and appreciated.

-Bryk

Thanks

Here's what I find odd about this particular attempt, as described ...

Why place the bottle *near* the coffee warmer, hoping that it would somehow come in contact with the burner during the landing approach? Why not set it *on* the burner? A delayed explosion usually only helps in allowing the perp to get out of the area before the boom ... that doesn't really work so good on a plane that is in flight.

Sean ... from what you know, was the material in the bottle of a large enough quantity to actually ruin the structural integrity of the plane? Or would a large oxygen-robbing flameball more likely have been the result?

-Bryk

Thanks

While this does relate to this flight being talked about, I thought it important enough to post as it relates to how dangerous liquid bombs are......

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stori....35802fe3.html

By PAUL AKER / KING 5 News

TUMWATER, Wash. - Numerous liquid bombs made of common but powerful and dangerous household chemicals have turned up in Tumwater, including 10 to 14 of them at Tumwater Hill Elementary School.

No one has been hurt but police are concerned about acid spray causing injury to the public.

When Vanessa Butler recently checked her neighbor's mail while he was away, she found that someone put a small explosive device inside the box, wrapped the outside in duct tape and tried to blow it apart.

Police sent in a bomb squad and a small robot to make sure the box was safe.

Beyond innocent pranks, an unsuspecting person could open the mailbox and be injured by the flying debris. It's not just Doug Drees and Butler who have been put at risk.
    KING
    Some of the bombs were placed in mailboxes.

Internet video of kids detonating liquid bombs made of common household chemicals reveals the type of problem turning up around Tumwater.

The Washington State Patrol says at least three liquid bombs have shown up in mailboxes around the area lately. One device sprayed a woman with acid.

Bomb technicians say they're about twice as powerful as the Internet concoctions, which are already dangerous.
    Tumwater police detectives are especially concerned because they've found so many of the bombs at a local grade school. The acid-based devices turned-up close to where kids play.

The concern is most of the explosive devices have been found on school grounds and a child is going to come along and pick one up and examine it and it's going to explode.

If you see bottles with liquid lying around, the best thing to do is call police.

Jag

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brykovian
    Here's what I find odd about this particular attempt, as described ...

Why place the bottle *near* the coffee warmer, hoping that it would somehow come in contact with the burner during the landing approach? Why not set it *on* the burner? A delayed explosion usually only helps in allowing the perp to get out of the area before the boom ... that doesn't really work so good on a plane that is in flight.

Sean ... from what you know, was the material in the bottle of a large enough quantity to actually ruin the structural integrity of the plane? Or would a large oxygen-robbing flameball more likely have been the result?

-Bryk
    Byrk,

At this point I can only reiterate what we learned directly from aviation sources ...

A subsequent inspection of the bottle and testing of the liquid by safety officials, including members of a Hazmat crew found that the bottle contained a “flammable, highly explosive liquid that has no legitimate commercial purpose.”

Interviews with members of the flight crew reported that no one working that flight recalled seeing the refilled bottle until its discovery immediately prior to the aircraft’s descent.

...the bottle “did, in fact, contain a liquid explosive, and appeared to be deliberately placed near the coffee burner sometime right before the aircraft’s descent [into Newark].”
    The underlined defines the critical period of time and the act itself. Heat or sudden shock and vibration apparently would have set off the liquid explosive - which I have assessed to be a home-brewed version of nitro-glycerin or a nitro-based liquid explosive. 85 degrees F will cause flash detonation of NG.

I am awaiting as response from persons in-the-know about the things I will not yet discuss in open source media. Depending on the response and the timeliness of the response - my public commentary directly depends on both.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; August 27th, 2006 at 11:30.

Thread Information