Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Hot Deals!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Hot Deals!

Mountain House sale on at Camping Survival!

25% off #10 cans
    15% off buckets and pouches

Thanks

Classic Firearms has VEPR-12s for $800 with 100 free 12ga rounds of either 00 buck or slugs.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/vepr12gashotgun

Only downside to these are that even though they look like the folding stock version that is welded open and can be ground to make it functional again, they aren't. It is a straight up fixed stock. See the link for a comparison pic.

Thanks

Hmm, that might even be New Jerky legal.

I'm sorta in the market for a new firearm. I'd like to get a P30sk but I just can't bring myself to go through the pistol permitting process again. Rifles and shotguns aren't a problem though. I do have some .308 ammo...I should get a rifle to match
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I don't think you'd be unhappy with a VEPR. Everyone loves them over the Saiga shotguns. That said, I haven't had mine out yet. Just haven't had the time...

One thing to consider is the scare that the supply of these could be cut off at any time like when Russian sanctions were put in place a couple months back! I saw prices on these double before people realized importing them wasn't banned.

Thanks

I'm toying with building an AR-10. That said, the VEPR would be fun as well. Shrug. I need a range that's close. The one 2 miles from me is great...except that it's annoyingly busy on the weekends when I can shoot and the ROs are just dicks. I don't mean dicks for being a range nuisance, like sweeping people...I mean like dicks because your range flag isn't inserted exactly like they want it. I have tons of stories and it pissed me off enough to just let my membership lapse.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Just realized...semi-auto with pistol grip. El Ban-a-rama. Controlled Dangerous Hardware. Evil, baby murdering torture instrument unless you travel 20.5 miles west of my house, then it's fine.
    Last edited by Malsua; July 6th, 2015 at 15:00.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

AIM Surplus has police trade-in S&W M&P 9s with night sights and 1 17 round magazine for $350: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1SWMP9

Thanks

Heads up!

Woot currently has the Lifestraw Family units on sale for $47.99 each. That's about $30 cheaper than you can find it most anywhere else.

The Lifestraw Family is good for purifying 4,750 gallons of water each unit.

They also have the Lifestraw Personal for $14.99. Not a huge deal but good to have a few.

Woot shipping is $5 flat rate.

http://sellout.woot.com/offers/lifes...ily-h20-filter

Thanks

Here's one that's a bit out of left field.

How's $50 worth of tuna for free sound? Always good for a sack lunch or adding to your preps.

Starkist Settlement Means Customers Get $25 In Cash Or $50 In Tuna

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Here's one that's a bit out of left field.

How's $50 worth of tuna for free sound? Always good for a sack lunch or adding to your preps.

Starkist Settlement Means Customers Get $25 In Cash Or $50 In Tuna
    Yay tuna. Wonder what their settlement estimates were for this.. unless they don't care and just want people eating a lot of tuna.

Thanks

Good question. I'd bet that $50 of tuna probably cost them a fraction of that and they're hoping most people go with that since it's "twice" the cash option.

I know I've bought quite a bit of Starkist tuna in that time frame so I don't feel guilty about taking them up on this and I've got no problem taking the tuna option since it will certainly be eaten.

Thanks

Thanks....we buy Starkist tuna...I definitely bought Tuna in that time period. I filed a claim. I probably still have some it in the cabinet. I usually buy a ton of it when it's on sale.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

All my talk of tuna had me wondering what the status was on the above class action...

Judge: $12m Starkist Underfilling Settlement Unfairly Limits Possibility Of Further Antitrust Claims

February 23, 2016

A US judge denied final approval of a $12 million settlement for consumers accusing Starkist of selling under-filled cans of tuna, stating the terms unfairly limit the possibility off future antitrust claims against the company.

Although the court “recognizes the costs stemming from a denial of final approval, in light of the reservations identified, all of which were raised by objectors, it cannot conclude that the “proposed settlement is fair, reasonable, and adequate”, according to the court document, filed on Feb. 19.

Although the original notice was “reasonably calculated” to bring the settlement agreement to each class member’s attention, the parties stipulated to a change in the release’s scope after the court’s preliminary approval and after class notice was distributed, states the document.

The original notice informed class members that by submitting a claim form, class members would give up rights to sue Starkist on “the same legal claims” in this lawsuit, brought by a man named Patrick Hendricks.

After the original notice, it emerged the US Department of Justice (DOJ) is probing possible cartel activity in the shelf stable seafood sector between Starkist, Bumble Bee Foods and Thai Union Group-owned Tri-Union Seafoods, which trades as Chicken of the Sea.

The revelation of the DOJ probe has then brought a wave of class action lawsuits from consumers and retailers, claiming damages from the alleged price fixing.

The amended release in the $12m Starkist settlement, however, broadened the scope from limiting those involved in the settlement bringing the same legal claims.

It “specified new claims, most notably claims under federal and state antitrust laws”, could also not be brought, according to the document, filed in district court in California and signed by US district judge Haywood Gilliam.

“Having not received the amended release, potential class members did not have any notice of the rights they are actually giving up with regard to these new claims,” the document states.

“Under these circumstances, a change in the scope of the settlement’s release constitutes a substantive change in the settlement’s terms and is a change that affects class members’ rights under the agreement.”

The parties have failed to demonstrate that it would be “fair and reasonable for the court to enforce such a broad release provision”, states the document. “The amended release does not track the breadth of allegations in the complaint, instead releasing claims under antitrust laws mentioned nowhere in the complaint.”

That the underlying fact of under-filling could play some part in both this lawsuit and a possible future antitrust action does not compel the conclusion that the two actions are based on an identical factual predicate, it states.

Given that class members did not receive notice of the amended release, the parties cannot establish that class members have been informed of the consequences of remaining in the class or opting out, the document states.

As a result, “the parties have not satisfied minimum due process requirements”.

There has been no showing that class members “have been independently compensated for the broad release of claims” related to antitrust conspiracies, states the document.

The scope of the original release also violates the identical factual predicate rule, the document states.

The original release discharged “any and all claims . . . relating in any way to the claims asserted or the factual allegations made in the Action, including without limitation the alleged under-filling of the StarKist Products and/or the purchase of any of the StarKist Products at any time on or after February 19, 2009 and prior to November 1, 2014”.

However, the document states it is now apparent to the court that the original release improperly extended beyond the scope of the facts in this action, which were limited to the under-filling of Starkist tuna cans, not all claims “relating in any way” to the purchase of Starkist products.

The parties had reached a settlement and sought preliminary approval of the agreement on May 14, 2015. Then, on July 23, 2015, the court granted preliminary approval of the settlement.

Thanks

Woot has some really good deals on a couple LifeStraw products!

LifeStraw Family - $40

LifeStraw LSM5 or LSM12 Mission High-Volume Gravity-Fed Water Purifier - $70-$80

LifeStraw Personal - $13

Shipping on all Woot purchases is a flat $5.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Good deals or over priced?

https://grey-shop.ru/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Facebook Reviews.

Seems like it might be a good place if you're looking specifically for Russian patterned gear.

I'd be concerned about quality though if you're looking for real use gear since it seems like they have a sizable airsoft following. It would be tough to make that determination though without having some of it in hand and looking at things like double stitching and bartacking in areas that need the strength.

If you're wanting durable gear and not Russian camo patterns, however, this is the perfect time to be picking up US/British surplus gear. Lots of high quality stuff being dumped on the market cheap!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Ruck For This Useful Post:

vector7 (March 21st, 2016)

Thanks

Texas Residents: Today and tomorrow, you get a sales tax holiday on preparedness items!

http://comptroller.texas.gov/taxinfo...tx98_1017.html

Emergency Preparation Supplies
    Sales Tax Holiday

April 23 – 25, 2016

You can purchase certain emergency preparation supplies tax free during the 2016 Emergency Preparation Supplies Sales Tax Holiday. There is no limit on the number of qualifying items you can purchase, and you do not need to issue an exemption certificate to claim the exemption.

This year’s holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, April 23, and ends at midnight on Monday, April 25.

These emergency preparation supplies qualify for tax exemption if purchased for a price:

Less than $3000

Portable generators

Less than $300

Hurricane shutters
    Emergency ladders

Less than $75

Batteries, single or multipack (AAA cell, AA cell, C cell, D cell, 6 volt or 9 volt)
    First aid kits
    Fuel containers
    Ground anchor systems and tie-down kits
    Hatchets
    Axes
    Mobile telephone batteries and mobile telephone chargers
    Nonelectric coolers and ice chests for food storage
    Nonelectric can openers
    Portable self-powered light sources (flashlights)
    Portable self-powered radios, including two-way and weather band radios
    Reusable and artificial ice products
    Smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and carbon monoxide detectors
    Tarps and other plastic sheeting
    These supplies do not qualify for tax exemption:
    Batteries for automobiles, boats and other motorized vehicles
    Camping stoves
    Camping supplies
    Chainsaws
    Plywood
    Extension ladders
    Stepladders
    Tents
    Repair or replacement parts for emergency preparation supplies
    Services performed on, or related to, emergency preparation supplies

Additional Charges Affect Purchase Price

Delivery, shipping, handling and transportation charges are part of the sales price. If the emergency preparation supply being purchased is taxable, the delivery charge is also taxable. Consider these charges when determining whether an emergency preparation supply can be purchased tax free during the holiday.

For example, you purchase a rescue ladder for $299 with a $10 delivery charge, for a total sales price of $309. Because the total sales price of the ladder is more than $300, tax is due on the $309 sales price.

Pub. 98-1017
    March 2016

Thanks

Better jump on these before Hilldog gets into office folks...

$35 Anderson Lowers - Primary Arms

Thanks

DSG has 30 round, black, windowless PMAG 10 packs on sale for $89. Free shipping on orders over $99

https://dsgarms.com/dsgtenpack01

Thanks

Woot has a cool little self contained, solar power pack. It's basically an 8,000 mAh battery that has some solar cells for charging and 2 USB ports.

Would be perfect for an extended power outage or even just a camping trip to keep USB charged devices charged up.

It's $19.99 and Woot's standard $5 flat shipping.

Voltix 8000mAh Solar Power Bank

Thread Information