Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Three Thread....

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Default Re: World War Three Thread....

I'm not even certain how to present this scenario, as it's pure conjecture. I'll put it out there anyway. We've postulated on more than one occasion that Obama will attempt to retain the presidency beyond his two term stint. The timing of this potentially nuclear global conflict arrived concurrent with our election cycle. Is it possible the Obama Admin is orchestrating global conflict to jettison the election and retain power?

Thanks

I just had someone post something in our group on FB about this. They are talking in DC right now about attacking Assad (tomorrow of all times to do it). That basically means that in the off news cycle the shit will hit the fan (this weekend).

It's what, 3.5 weeks out from election right? If you push hard enough and get a World War started.... would that give you an opportunity to stay in office? Roosevelt was in office as the world led up to WWII.

He was reelected in 1944. Truman was in office while it was going on, and he's the guy responsible for the dropping "the bomb" on Japan.

So, he didn't get to stay in office (Roosevelt that is).

I can't see any precedence in history allowing a President to remain in office because he started a war... however, FDR remained in office for four terms..... but I don't think that had anything whatsoever to do with him declaring he'd remain in office, it was the idiots in this country that elected a Progressive to office.

So.... what this amounts to would be an unprecedented "proceedure" of a President declaring himself as "Emperor" or "King" to remain in office - at which point Congress would declare him against the Constitution, or the People of this country would remove him.

Here's the article:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...y-action-syria

Obama To Decide Friday On Military Action In Syria

by Tyler Durden
    Oct 13, 2016 1:20 PM

SHARES

TwitterFacebookReddit

Two weeks ago when the US broke off bilateral relations with Russia over the ongoing Syrian proxy war, we reportedthat as part of America's "next steps" would be a discussion on military options. As Reuters reported then, the "discussions were being held at "staff level," and have yet to produce any recommendations to President Barack Obama, who has resisted ordering military action against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in the country's multi-sided civil war. "The president has asked all of the agencies to put forward options, some familiar, some new, that we are very actively reviewing," Blinken said. "When we are able to work through these in the days ahead we'll have an opportunity to come back and talk about them in detail."
    Fast forward to today, when as Reuters once again reports, the time has come for the US to make a decision: on Friday President Barack Obama and his top foreign policy advisers are expected to meet to consider their military and other options in Syria as Syrian and Russian aircraft continue to pummel Aleppo and other targets.

The tensions here are well known: some of the more hawkish "top officials" told Reuters that the United States must act more forcefully in Syria or "risk losing what influence it still has over moderate rebels and its Arab, Kurdish and Turkish allies in the fight against Islamic State." Naturally, this means that one set of options includes direct U.S. military action such as air strikes on Syrian military bases, munitions depots or radar and anti-aircraft bases.
    That is also the scenario which General Joseph Dunford warned may lead to war with Russia. Indeed, the quoted said one danger of such action is that Russian and Syrian forces are often co-mingled, "raising the possibility of a direct confrontation with Russia that Obama has been at pains to avoid." This is also known as the "world war" scenario.
    Luckily, there are options.
    One alternative, U.S. officials said, is allowing allies to provide U.S.-vetted rebels with more sophisticated weapons, although not shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles, "which Washington fears could be used against Western airliners." Like, for example, what happened above the Donestk region during the peak of the Ukraine proxy war in 2014.
    As Reuters adds, Friday's planned meeting is the latest in a long series of internal debates - which have so far achieved nothing but escalate the situation which fast approaches a point of no return - about what, if anything, to do to end a 5-1/2 year civil war that has killed at least 300,000 people and displaced half the country's population. According to insiders, the ultimate aim of any new action could be to "bolster the battered moderate rebels so they can weather what is now widely seen as the inevitable fall of rebel-held eastern Aleppo to the forces of Russian- and Iranian-backed Syrian President Bashar al-Assad." The question is whether it was also "bolster" al-Qaeda linked jihadists whom the US has been supporting for the past several months as a result of the perverse merger of "moderate" rebel forces in Syria.
    Apparently, there is also an element of pride:

It also might temper a sense of betrayal among moderate rebels who feel Obama encouraged their uprising by calling for Assad to go but then abandoned them, failing even to enforce his own "red line" against Syria's use of chemical weapons.

This, in turn, might deter them from migrating to Islamist groups such as the Nusra Front, which the United States regards as Syria's al Qaeda branch. The group in July said it had cut ties to al Qaeda and changed its name to Jabhat Fatah al-Sham.
    In other words, having started the proxy war in Syria, with every passing day that Obama fails to resolve it - while ideally avoid a world war with Russia - is a day that more and more "moderate rebels" are likely to openly "migrate" to jihadist extremists, with all of the latest US military equipment so generously provided to them by the administration.
    There is also hope that just like in 2013, Kerry and Lavrov will somehow cobble together another last minute peace agreement. The U.S. and Russian foreign ministers will meet in Lausanne, Switzerland on Saturday to resume their failed effort to find a diplomatic solution, possibly joined by their counterparts from Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Iran, but U.S. officials were said to have voiced little hope for success.
    Complicating matters, however, is that as we reported this morning, the US is now officially engaged in another regional conflict, after US warships fired ballistic missiles targeting Yemen radar stations in proximity to the critical Bab al-Mandab Straight.

Earlier Thursday the United States launched cruise missiles at three coastal radar sites in areas of Yemen controlled by Iran-aligned Houthi forces, retaliating after failed missile attacks this week on a U.S. Navy destroyer, U.S. officials said.
    There is also the question of what to do in Iraq, where officials are debating whether government forces will need more U.S. support both during and after their campaign to retake Mosul, Islamic State’s de facto capital in the country. Some officials argue the Iraqis now cannot retake the city without significant help from Kurdish peshmerga forces, as well as Sunni and Shi'ite militias, and that their participation could trigger religious and ethnic conflict in the city.
    For now, the best news is that according to Reuters, US officials said they consider it unlikely that Obama will order U.S. air strikes on Syrian government targets, and they stressed that he may not make any decisions at the planned meeting of his National Security Council. However, that will only be the case should the US not be further humiliated in Syria, and - of course - all bets are off if and when Obama is replaced, especially if his successor is a well-known warmonger, directly and indirectly responsible for much of the unstable geopolitical situation across most of the region.

here's the original message:

III% Security Force2 hrs

URGENT!!!! There may not be an election after all...
    If obama moves to attack SYRIA tomorrow, WE NEED TO BE IN DC FRIDAY NIGHT TO REMOVE HIM FROM OFFICE.
    YOU KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN PEOPLE. WE SHOULD NOT EVEN BE THERE. WHO STARTS WW3 WITH LESS THAN A MONTH BEFORE ELECTIONS !!!!!!
    (From my son-in-law: Any other stories on this?)

My response was that it isn't going to happen....

HOWEVER, I will say that I was a marine base today... most people were going about business as usual. Some people seemed deep in conversation in the Mickey Ds when I was there, and they ceased their quiet discussions when I walked near them. All were military officers.

I also noted there were a BUNCH of people picking up uniform stuff today. And a few other tell-tale signs something was up (I won't detail those here, there's intelligence in the information) But suffice it to say I noted something is up, there's distinct "stress" level that was evident.

So, people, military anyway, are aware something is going on.

I'm not even in any more and I'm aware (but I'm probably in the top 8% of people of the United States, along with the people who reside on this site, that pay ATTENTION to the world).....

Will we have a nuclear war? Dunno. Is it possible? ANYTHING is possible. Will it happen SOON? I don't know for sure but I'd say at this point there's a distinct (and possibly high) probability it will happen sooner than later.

Are we all prepared? nope. Probably not.

I'll also say this. I'm "prepared" and as prepared as I can get. Minus some fresh vegetables, to deal with a crisis for about 2-3 we can do it aboard the ship. We'd supplement with fish or whatever we catch or kill of course and go a little longer. But... being prepared entails a lot more than having food and water. It entails survival thinking, will power, the ability to push yourself beyound limits, and to accept that you have absolutely ZERO control over the circumstances that placed you into the position you're in.

What that means for me is I'm going to "make it". Wife... dunno about her. She gets antsy without internet for a few days. It's been....weird... for awhile because of that one thing. But you know, we will get used to it. lol

Can we all accept if we get nuked? At this point in my life I am completely ready to accept whatever comes down the pike. We're seen our homeland bombed, we've been at war for over 15 years, we've fought major conflicts in Europe since I was born, ME, Central America, we've been at odds with Russia, China and the Muslims for as long as I've been alive. We've gone to the Moon. We've elected PROGRESSIVES to office. We've had thousands murdered by mad men around the world.

I'm pretty much ready to accept nuking, if I survive it of course.

The question is, are others ready?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I'm not ready for a Nuking. Better than some, most probably, certainly not ready.

I think this is all about scaring the US into inaction so Putin can take over in Eastern Europe.
    Last edited by Malsua; October 14th, 2016 at 00:42.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Oh, and I corrected a Wikipedia entry today. Assholes had FDR "winning an unprecedented second term" in 1944... ummm no. 4th term. Or hell maybe 3rd, I don't care. It was wrong to begin with, and it might still be wrong now. lol But it's more right than it was wrong.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/10...men-coast.html

MIDDLE EAST

Iran deploys warships off Yemen after US, Houthis trade fire

FoxNews.com

NOW PLAYINGUS Navy strikes back at Houthi rebels in Yemen

Never autoplay videos

Iran deployed two warships off Yemen threatening to further escalate tensions after the U.S. fired Tomahawk cruise missiles destroying three coastal radar sites in Houthi-controlled territory, a U.S. official confirmed to Fox News on Thursday.
    Iran sent the ships to the Gulf of Aden, one of the world's most vital shipping routes, "to protect trade vessels from piracy," Iran's semi-official Tasnim news agency reported.
    Still, analysts warn the move could ratchet up the danger to U.S. forces in the region. U.S. intelligence has linked Iran to the funding of Yemen's Shiite rebels, who have also waged a series of attacks against Saudi Arabia, a longtime U.S. ally.
    The U.S. official said the Houthis indeed fired missiles targeting American ships twice over just four days. The ships were not hit. The U.S. destroyed the coastal radar sites early Thursday.
    Fox News is told one of the Iranian ships carries the same type of anti-ship missiles the Houthis were suspected of firing this week, and the other ship carries a helicopter. White House Deputy Press Secretary Eric Schultz said the U.S. would not speculate on the Iranians' intentions.

A U.S. official told Fox News a Chinese warship and Russian intelligence ship were in the same region Thursday.
    In January, Iran's Revolutionary Guard captured 10 U.S. Navy sailors after their two boats drifted into Iranian territorial waters in the Persian Gulf. The Americans were released roughly 16 hours later. The U.S. also accused Iran of engaging in dozens of "unsafe and unprofessional" interactions with the U.S. Navy, including the shadowing of a U.S. patrol ship last month.
    Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook said President Barack Obama authorized the strikes at the recommendation of Defense Secretary Ash Carter and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Joseph Dunford. He added that these were limited self-defense strikes conducted to protect U.S. personnel, ships and freedom of navigation.
    The USS Nitze launched the missiles, Cook added.
    Meanwhile, the state news agency Saba -- under Houthis' control -- quoted an unnamed military official as saying that U.S. accusations that a U.S. destroyer had come under attack from areas under control of Houthis were false.
    Sharaf Loqman, spokesman for the Yemeni Army, called it an "American farce to find a reason to interfere in Yemen directly after failure of the Saudis."
    He said that the army never targets ships outside the territorial waters and only those that enter the Yemeni waters come under attack.
    The missile attacks came on the heels of two other attacks against Saudi sites. A ballistic missile fired from Yemen apparently targeted a Saudi air base near the Muslim holy city of Mecca, the deepest strike yet into the kingdom by Shiite rebels and their allies. The rebels fired another two missiles into the Saudi Jizan region along the border on Monday, wounding two foreigners who worked there, the local civil defense said in a statement.
    The Houthis and their allies have offered no reason for the launches, though they came after a Saudi-led airstrike targeting a funeral in Yemen's capital killed more than 140 people and wounded 525 on Saturday.
    The U.S. cruise missile launches come as the U.S. considers withdrawing its support for the Saudi-led coalition fighting the Houthis following Saturday's airstrike on the funeral and other troubling incidents of civilian casualties as a result of the Saudi bombing campaign.
    Human rights groups have expressed outrage over the deaths and accused the U.S. of complicity, leading the White House to say it was conducting a "review" to ensure U.S. cooperation with longtime partner Saudi Arabia is in line with "U.S. principles, values and interests."
    The last missile attack on a U.S. Naval ship was on the USS Stark in May 1987, which was in the middle of a six-month patrol in the Persian Gulf when it was hit by two missiles fired from an Iraqi fighter plane. A total of 37 sailors were killed during the attack.
    Fox News' Bret Baier, Kristin Brown, Kara Rowland, Lucas Tomlinson and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCO View Post
    I'm not even certain how to present this scenario, as it's pure conjecture. I'll put it out there anyway. We've postulated on more than one occasion that Obama will attempt to retain the presidency beyond his two term stint. The timing of this potentially nuclear global conflict arrived concurrent with our election cycle. Is it possible the Obama Admin is orchestrating global conflict to jettison the election and retain power?
    Skeptics will say this has been said at least since Bill Clinton was in office. I would say that the government has never been this massive and tyrannical before while at the same time our country on such a national precipice, in terms of economic instability and political fracturing, as well as international knife edge.

I'm not counting anything out at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    I'm not ready for a Nuking. Better than some, most probably, certainly not ready.

I think this is all about scaring the US into inaction so Putin can take over in Eastern Europe.
    Very plausible but you and me both.

Right off the top of my head I really need to get my propane tank filled, new tires for my truck, as well as more stored diesel and kerosene, a lot more lamp oil, a couple more handheld radios, and probably a million other things if I sit and think on it.

Something else to consider, a strike against the US just before winter would kill many more people unable to cope with the cold. One thing I've always hated about my house I'm in now is that I have very few options in the way of alternative heating aside from my propane furnace and kerosene heaters. This house used to have a fireplace but it was sealed long ago and it used to have wood/coal burning stoves but those and the flues for them are long gone too.

I think my only options would be rigging up some sort of drum stove. I'm semi-confident I've got enough materials (or could get them) to build one that wouldn't burn the place down or suffocate me but then I'm stuck not having any seasoned firewood. I do have a ready made small, camp stove that's similar to a drum stove but it's nowhere near large enough to put out the amount of heat I need.

It's one of my biggest Achilles's heels in all of my preps and I don't like it at all.

Thanks

I think my only options would be rigging up some sort of drum stove. I'm semi-confident I've got enough materials (or could get them) to build one that wouldn't burn the place down or suffocate me but then I'm stuck not having any seasoned firewood.
    Take it from a guy that has burned firewood for 20+ years, 16 of which it was my primary heat source. Your firewood does not need to be seasoned. It cannot however, be green.

Now, this is a nuanced position, but it's generally more true than false.

First, if can get seasoned hardwoods to burn, here's my order of preference.

1. Oak. Absolutely, far and away, the best wood for heat. Period. There is no debate here. #1. Red Oak is the king among kings, but all the oaks are great.
    2. Maple. Hard maple first, then soft maple.
    3. Beech, Birch and I include the species you won't see much of here, like Apple, Walnut, Hickory, Mulberry, etc.
    4. Ash.
    5. Tulip/poplar

Now, you don't have any seasoned wood? Reverse the list.

You can cut a poplar, split it and burn it in weeks. In Winter, when the sap is out, you could probably cut, split poplar and burn it in a day or two.

Now, you won't be able to light it with a match, but if you have some wax starters or even a duraflame that you can hack bits off of(and I've done that when I'm out of starters), it will ultimately burn. If your fire is hot, just toss it in. It'll sizzle and not burn great, but it'll burn.

Oak that's not seasoned won't burn with a blowtorch. It will just smolder.

Look for standing dead trees, those can be cut, split and burned pretty quick. It really depends on how long they are standing dead. Even that doesn't work for Oak.

Here's an example...there is a massive oak tree that blew down in Sandy. I posted some pics of me getting the logs last fall. The tree was down for 3 years, I split and stacked some of the logs. Those pieces are still on my stack. I tried to burn a few last winter and it was pointless.

Pine is a crap shoot. It'll gum up your flue unless your fire is hot.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Malsua For This Useful Post:

Ryan Ruck (October 14th, 2016)

Thanks

There's always pellet stoves, Ryan.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

That's some really great info on wood types and characteristics Mal! Thanks!

I've got a small bit of commercial fire starters (Esbit and Wet Tinder) and know how to make more home made ones.

I also have a couple hundred pounds (maybe 700+, I need to check exactly) of charcoal (I stocked up when it was on sale 2 years ago) that can be used to help get wood going.

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    There's always pellet stoves, Ryan.
    Problem is until the bombs start dropping, I can't go installing anything permanent, cutting holes in walls, etc.

Plus then you've got pellets to worry about storing.

I've got kerosene heaters and about 65 gallons of kerosene store, which if used judiciously, should last until I can get something else set up.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

WWIII WARNING
    Third World War would be ‘extremely lethal and fast’ US Army chiefs reveal as they discuss taking out Russia or China

Military bosses were taking part in a ‘future-of-the-Army’ panel in Washington

By MARK HODGE
    7th October 2016, 9:11 am

AMERICAN military bosses have confessed that World War 3 is “almost guaranteed” and will be “extremely lethal and fast.”

Speaking at a ‘future-of-the-Army’ panel at the Association of the U.S. Army in Washington, generals and other leading figures laid out their depressing forecasts for upcoming conflicts.
    Alamy

Military bosses have warned against the threat of Russia and China

Smart weapons and artificial intelligence will dominate these ultra-violent wars between super-aggressive nation states.

According to a report by Defense One, Major General William Hix said: “A conventional conflict in the near future will be extremely lethal and fast, and we will not own the stopwatch.

“The speed of events are likely to strain our human abilities.Oddball TV show from North Korea's tyrannical regime shows actors mocking President Obama's shock at nuke test

“The speed at which machines can make decisions in the far future is likely to challenge our ability to cope, demanding a new relationship between man and machine.”

Hix warned that the US is preparing for “violence on the scale that the U.S. Army has not seen since Korea” when over 30,000 American troops were slaughtered.

The General said that China and Russia are both developing huge militaries which are driven by new technologies.

Lt. General Joseph Anderson said America faces frightening threats “modern nation-states acting aggressively in militarised competition.”

He said: “Who does that sound like? Russia?”

Army Chief of Staff General Mark A. Milley added that war between nation states “is almost guaranteed”.

Miley warned that America’s enemies could end their superiority in the air which it has enjoyed since the Korean War in 1950 and stop its Naval forces through a mixture of anti-access and area-denial capabilities.
    Getty Images

Future conflicts between nation states will be “extremely lethal and fast”
    Getty Images
    Amry chiefs warned the US is preparing for conflicts on the scale of the Korean War

He said: “Land forces will have to enable sea forces.

“(The Army) is definitely going to have to dominate the air above our battle space.”

The strikingly honest military chief said America must prepare for advanced cyber warfare and fight guerrilla-style in complex urban settings.

Miley also cited a strengthened Russia, an increasingly dominate China, expanding smaller nation states and climate change as factors which could lead to instability.

He said: “While we’re ready now, we are being challenged.

“Our Army and our nation must be ready.”

Russia has recently conducted massive nuclear war exercises involving 40million people, built top secret bunkers for top brass and is said to have recalled diplomats families ‘to the motherland’ to prepare for World War III.

Speaking about future weapons, Katharina McFarland, acting assistant Army secretary for acquisition, logistics, and technology, revealed plans to make tanks and other military machines user-friendly.

Addressing the soldiers and other military personnel in the room, she said: “You travel all over the world, don’t you?

“You can pretty much get in a car anywhere and drive it.

“As an engineer, I think in terms of a simple interface — no matter what helicopter, you can get in and operate it.”

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCO View Post
    Saw this and it reminded me of your post...

For Immediate Release
    October 13, 2016

Executive Order -- Coordinating Efforts to Prepare the Nation for Space Weather Events

EXECUTIVE ORDER
    - - - - - - -
    COORDINATING EFFORTS TO PREPARE
    THE NATION FOR SPACE WEATHER EVENTS

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and to prepare the Nation for space weather events, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy. Space weather events, in the form of solar flares, solar energetic particles, and geomagnetic disturbances, occur regularly, some with measurable effects on critical infrastructure systems and technologies, such as the Global Positioning System (GPS), satellite operations and communication, aviation, and the electrical power grid. Extreme space weather events -- those that could significantly degrade critical infrastructure -- could disable large portions of the electrical power grid, resulting in cascading failures that would affect key services such as water supply, healthcare, and transportation. Space weather has the potential to simultaneously affect and disrupt health and safety across entire continents. Successfully preparing for space weather events is an all-of-nation endeavor that requires partnerships across governments, emergency managers, academia, the media, the insurance industry, non-profits, and the private sector.

It is the policy of the United States to prepare for space weather events to minimize the extent of economic loss and human hardship. The Federal Government must have

(1) the capability to predict and detect a space weather event,

(2) the plans and programs necessary to alert the public and private sectors to enable mitigating actions for an impending space weather event,

(3) the protection and mitigation plans, protocols, and standards required to reduce risks to critical infrastructure prior to and during a credible threat, and

(4) the ability to respond to and recover from the effects of space weather. Executive departments and agencies (agencies) must coordinate their efforts to prepare for the effects of space weather events.

Sec. 2. Objectives. This order defines agency roles and responsibilities and directs agencies to take specific actions to prepare the Nation for the hazardous effects of space weather. These activities are to be implemented in conjunction with those identified in the 2015 National Space Weather Action Plan (Action Plan) and any subsequent updates. Implementing this order and the Action Plan will require the Federal Government to work across agencies and to develop, as appropriate, enhanced and innovative partnerships with State, tribal, and local governments; academia; non-profits; the private sector; and international partners. These efforts will enhance national preparedness and speed the creation of a space-weather-ready Nation.

Sec. 3. Coordination.

(a) The Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), in consultation with the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism and the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), shall coordinate the development and implementation of Federal Government activities to prepare the Nation for space weather events, including the activities established in section 5 of this order and the recommendations of the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC), established by Executive Order 12881 of November 23, 1993 (Establishment of the National Science and Technology Council).

(b) To ensure accountability for and coordination of research, development, and implementation of activities identified in this order and in the Action Plan, the NSTC shall establish a Space Weather Operations, Research, and Mitigation Subcommittee (Subcommittee). The Subcommittee member agencies shall conduct activities to advance the implementation of this order, to achieve the goals identified in the 2015 National Space Weather Strategy and any subsequent updates, and to coordinate and monitor the implementation of the activities specified in the Action Plan and provide subsequent updates.

Sec. 4. Roles and Responsibilities. To the extent permitted by law, the agencies below shall adopt the following roles and responsibilities, which are key to ensuring enhanced space weather forecasting, situational awareness, space weather preparedness, and continuous Federal Government operations during and after space weather events.

(a) The Secretary of Defense shall ensure the timely provision of operational space weather observations, analyses, forecasts, and other products to support the mission of the Department of Defense and coalition partners, including the provision of alerts and warnings for space weather phenomena that may affect weapons systems, military operations, or the defense of the United States.

(b) The Secretary of the Interior shall support the research, development, deployment, and operation of capabilities that enhance the understanding of variations of the Earth's magnetic field associated with solar-terrestrial interactions.

(c) The Secretary of Commerce shall:

(i) provide timely and accurate operational space weather forecasts, watches, warnings, alerts, and real-time space weather monitoring for the government, civilian, and commercial sectors, exclusive of the responsibilities of the Secretary of Defense; and
    (ii) ensure the continuous improvement of operational space weather services, utilizing partnerships, as appropriate, with the research community, including academia and the private sector, and relevant agencies to develop, validate, test, and transition space weather observation platforms and models from research to operations and from operations to research.

(d) The Secretary of Energy shall facilitate the protection and restoration of the reliability of the electrical power grid during a presidentially declared grid security emergency associated with a geomagnetic disturbance pursuant to 16 U.S.C. 824o-1.

(e) The Secretary of Homeland Security shall:
    (i) ensure the timely redistribution of space weather alerts and warnings that support national preparedness, continuity of

government, and continuity of operations; and
    (ii) coordinate response and recovery from the effects of space weather events on critical infrastructure and the broader community.
    (f) The Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) shall:
    (i) implement and support a national research program to understand the Sun and its interactions with Earth and the solar system

to advance space weather modeling and prediction capabilities applicable to space weather forecasting;
    (ii) develop and operate space-weather-related research missions, instrument capabilities, and models; and
    (iii) support the transition of space weather models and technology from research to operations and from operations to research.

(g) The Director of the National Science Foundation (NSF) shall support fundamental research linked to societal needs for space weather information through investments and partnerships, as appropriate.

(h) The Secretary of State, in consultation with the heads of relevant agencies, shall carry out diplomatic and public diplomacy efforts

to strengthen global capacity to respond to space weather events.
    (i) The Secretaries of Defense, the Interior, Commerce, Transportation, Energy, and Homeland Security, along with the

Administrator of NASA and the Director of NSF, shall work together, consistent with their ongoing activities, to develop models, observation systems, technologies, and approaches that inform and enhance national preparedness for the effects of space weather events, including how space weather events may affect critical infrastructure and change the threat landscape with respect to other hazards.

(j) The heads of all agencies that support National Essential Functions, defined by Presidential Policy Directive 40 (PPD-40) of July 15, 2016 (National Continuity Policy), shall ensure that space weather events are adequately addressed in their all-hazards preparedness planning, including mitigation, response, and recovery, as directed by PPD-8 of March 30, 2011 (National Preparedness).

(k) NSTC member agencies shall coordinate through the NSTC to establish roles and responsibilities beyond those identified in section 4 of this order to enhance space weather preparedness, consistent with each agency's legal authority.

Sec. 5. Implementation. (a) Within 120 days of the date of this order, the Secretary of Energy, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, shall develop a plan to test and evaluate available devices that mitigate the effects of geomagnetic disturbances on the electrical power grid through the development of a pilot program that deploys such devices, in situ, in the electrical power grid.

After the development of the plan, the Secretary shall implement the plan in collaboration with industry. In taking action pursuant to this subsection, the Secretaries of Energy and Homeland Security shall consult with the Chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.

(b) Within 120 days of the date of this order, the heads of the sector-specific agencies that oversee the lifeline critical infrastructure functions as defined by the National Infrastructure Protection Plan of 2013 -- including communications, energy, transportation, and water and wastewater systems -- as well as the Nuclear Reactors, Materials, and Waste Sector, shall assess their executive and statutory authority, and limits of that authority, to direct, suspend, or control critical infrastructure operations, functions, and services before, during, and after a space weather event. The heads of each sector-specific agency shall provide a summary of these assessments to the Subcommittee.

(c) Within 90 days of receipt of the assessments ordered in section 5(b) of this order, the Subcommittee shall provide a report on the findings of these assessments with recommendations to the Director of OSTP, the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, and the Director of OMB. The assessments may be used to inform the development and implementation of policy establishing authorities and responsibilities for agencies in response to a space weather event.

(d) Within 60 days of the date of this order, the Secretaries of Defense and Commerce, the Administrator of NASA, and the Director of NSF, in collaboration with other agencies as appropriate, shall identify mechanisms for advancing space weather observations, models, and predictions, and for sustaining and transitioning appropriate capabilities from research to operations and operations to research, collaborating with industry and academia to the extent possible.

(e) Within 120 days of the date of this order, the Secretaries of Defense and Commerce shall make historical data from the GPS constellation and other U.S. Government satellites publicly available, in accordance with Executive Order 13642 of May 9, 2013 (Making Open and Machine Readable the New Default for Government Information), to enhance model validation and improvements in space weather forecasting and situational awareness.

(f) Within 120 days of the date of this order, the Secretary of Homeland Security, through the Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency and in coordination with relevant agencies, shall lead the development of a coordinated Federal operating concept and associated checklist to coordinate Federal assets and activities to respond to notification of, and protect against, impending space weather events. Within 180 days of the publication of the operating concept and checklist, agencies shall develop operational plans documenting their procedures and responsibilities to prepare for, protect against, and mitigate the effects of impending space weather events, in support of the Federal operating concept and compatible with the National Preparedness System described in PPD-8.

Sec. 6. Stakeholder Engagement. The agencies identified in this order shall seek public-private and international collaborations to enhance observation networks, conduct research, develop prediction models and mitigation approaches, enhance community resilience and preparedness, and supply the services necessary to protect life and property and promote economic prosperity, as consistent with law.

Sec. 7. Definitions. As used in this order:

(a) "Prepare" and "preparedness" have the same meaning they have in PPD-8. They refer to the actions taken to plan, organize, equip, train, and exercise to build and sustain the capabilities necessary to prevent, protect against, mitigate the effects of, respond to, and recover from those threats that pose the greatest risk to the security of the Nation. This includes the prediction and notification of space weather events.

(b) "Space weather" means variations in the space environment between the Sun and Earth (and throughout the solar system) that can affect technologies in space and on Earth. The primary types of space weather events are solar flares, solar energetic particles, and geomagnetic disturbances.

(c) "Solar flare" means a brief eruption of intense energy on or near the Sun's surface that is typically associated with sunspots.
    (d) "Solar energetic particles" means ions and electrons ejected from the Sun that are typically associated with solar eruptions.
    (e) "Geomagnetic disturbance" means a temporary disturbance of Earth's magnetic field resulting from solar activity.
    (f) "Critical infrastructure" has the meaning provided in section 1016(e) of the USA Patriot Act of 2001 (42 U.S.C. 5195c(e)), namely

systems and assets, whether physical or virtual, so vital to the United States that the incapacity or destruction of such systems and assets would have a debilitating impact on security, national economic security, national public health or safety, or any combination of those matters.

(g) "Sector-Specific Agency" means the agencies designated under PPD-21 of February 12, 2013 (Critical Infrastructure Security and

Resilience), or any successor directive, to be responsible for providing institutional knowledge and specialized expertise as well as leading, facilitating, or supporting the security and resilience programs and associated activities of its designated critical infrastructure sector in the all-hazards environment. Sec. 8. General Provisions.

(a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an agency, or the head thereof; or (ii) the functions of the Director of OMB relating to budgetary,

administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.
    (c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity

by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,
    October 13, 2016.

-----------------------------------

President Obama Orders Government to Plan for 'Space Weather' Chaos
    Oct 13 2016

by Jon Schuppe

President Obama directed the federal government Thursday to come up with a plan to deal with "space weather."
    Space weather, by the way, is a catch-all for disturbances in the area between the sun and Earth, such as solar flares, that wreak havoc on the electrical power grid, GPS systems, aviation equipment, satellites and other technology that have become integral to human life.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-chaos-n665801

Preparing for Power Grid Collapse, Obama Signs Executive Order On EMP, Space Weather Events

Published on Oct 14, 2016 http://undergroundworldnews.com

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and to prepare the Nation for space weather events, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy. Space weather events, in the form of solar flares, solar energetic particles, and geomagnetic disturbances, occur regularly, some with measurable effects on critical infrastructure systems and technologies, such as the Global Positioning System (GPS), satellite operations and communication, aviation, and the electrical power grid. Extreme space weather events -- those that could significantly degrade critical infrastructure -- could disable large portions of the electrical power grid, resulting in cascading failures that would affect key services such as water supply, healthcare, and transportation. Space weather has the potential to simultaneously affect and disrupt health and safety across entire continents. Successfully preparing for space weather events is an all-of-nation endeavor that requires partnerships across governments, emergency managers, academia, the media, the insurance industry, non-profits, and the private sector.

It is the policy of the United States to prepare for space weather events to minimize the extent of economic loss and human hardship. The Federal Government must have (1) the capability to predict and detect a space weather event, (2) the plans and programs necessary to alert the public and private sectors to enable mitigating actions for an impending space weather event, (3) the protection and mitigation plans, protocols, and standards required to reduce risks to critical infrastructure prior to and during a credible threat, and (4) the ability to respond to and recover from the effects of space weather. Executive departments and agencies (agencies) must coordinate their efforts to prepare for the effects of space weather events.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Space weather, machines, artificial intelligence, computers, super people (yeah, they are out there already boys and girls. Just wait and see). Big tanks, heavy cruisers, and space warfare.

None of this stuff is science fiction any more.

I'm TRULY surprised that people "find it surprising".

After 40 years of watching computers "grow up" and the people working on AI, building super powerful machines, robots, equipment, and even genetic research (which by the way has been going on since the 1970s, outlawed or not, it's GOING ON) we will see a fast, nasty war.

Fortunately, it will affect those who are in the military more than it will the average citizen.

However, nuclear weapons will affect us all.

We're about to be in trouble and no one even grasps the consequences.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

CIA Prepping for Possible Cyber Strike Against Russia

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...russia-n666636

The Obama administration is contemplating an unprecedented cyber covert action against Russia in retaliation for alleged Russian interference in the American presidential election, U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.

Current and former officials with direct knowledge of the situation say the CIA has been asked to deliver options to the White House for a wide-ranging "clandestine" cyber operation designed to harass and "embarrass" the Kremlin leadership.

The sources did not elaborate on the exact measures the CIA was considering, but said the agency had already begun opening cyber doors, selecting targets and making other preparations for an operation. Former intelligence officers told NBC News that the agency had gathered reams of documents that could expose unsavory tactics by Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Vice President Joe Biden told "Meet the Press" moderator Chuck Todd on Friday that "we're sending a message" to Putin and that "it will be at the time of our choosing, and under the circumstances that will have the greatest impact."

When asked if the American public will know a message was sent, the vice president replied, "Hope not."

Retired Admiral James Stavridis told NBC News' Cynthia McFadden that the U.S. should attack Russia's ability to censor its internal internet traffic and expose the financial dealings of Putin and his associates.
    ""Probe with bayonets. When you hit much, proceed. When you hit steel withdraw.""

"It's well known that there's great deal of offshore money moved outside of Russia from oligarchs," he said. "It would be very embarrassing if that was revealed, and that would be a proportional response to what we've seen" in Russia's alleged hacks and leaks targeting U.S. public opinion.

Sean Kanuck, who was until this spring the senior U.S. intelligence official responsible for analyzing Russian cyber capabilities, said not mounting a response would carry a cost.

"If you publicly accuse someone," he said, "and don't follow it up with a responsive action, that may weaken the credible threat of your response capability."

President Obama will ultimately have to decide whether he will authorize a CIA operation. Officials told NBC News that for now there are divisions at the top of the administration about whether to proceed.

Two former CIA officers who worked on Russia told NBC News that there is a long history of the White House asking the CIA to come up with options for covert action against Russia, including cyber options — only to abandon the idea.

"We've always hesitated to use a lot of stuff we've had, but that's a political decision," one former officer said. "If someone has decided, `We've had enough of the Russians,' there is a lot we can do. Step one is to remind them that two can play at this game and we have a lot of stuff. Step two, if you are looking to mess with their networks, we can do that, but then the issue becomes, they can do worse things to us in other places."

A second former officer, who helped run intelligence operations against Russia, said he was asked several times in recent years to work on covert action plans, but "none of the options were particularly good, nor did we think that any of them would be particularly effective," he said.

Putin is almost beyond embarrassing, he said, and anything the U.S. can do against, for example, Russian bank accounts, the Russian can do in response.

"Do you want to have Barack Obama bouncing checks?" he asked.

Former CIA deputy director Michael Morell expressed skepticism that the U.S. would go so far as to attack Russian networks.

"Physical attacks on networks is not something the U.S. wants to do because we don't want to set a precedent for other countries to do it as well, including against us," he said. "My own view is that our response shouldn't be covert -- it should overt, for everybody to see."

The Obama administration is debating just that question, officials say—whether to respond to Russia via cyber means, or with traditional measures such as sanctions.

The CIA's cyber operation is being prepared by a team within the CIA's Center for Cyber Intelligence, documents indicate. According to officials, the team has a staff of hundreds and a budget in the hundreds of millions, they say.

The covert action plan is designed to protect the U.S. election system and insure that Russian hackers can't interfere with the November vote, officials say. Another goal is to send a message to Russia that it has crossed a line, officials say.

While the National Security Agency is the center for American digital spying, the CIA is the lead agency for covert action and has its own cyber capabilities. It sometimes brings in the NSA and the Pentagon to help, officials say.

In earlier days, the CIA was behind efforts to use the internet to put pressure on Slobodan Milosevic in Serbia in 1999, and to pressure Iraqi leadership in 2003 to split off from Saddam Hussein.

According to documents leaked by Edward Snowden, the CIA requested $685.4 million for computer network operations in 2013, compared to $1 billion by the NSA.

Retired Gen. Mike Hayden, who ran the CIA after leading the NSA, wrote this year: "We even had our own cyber force, the Information Operations Center (IOC), that former CIA director George Tenet launched and which had grown steadily under the next spy chief, Porter Goss, and me. The CIA didn't try to replicate or try to compete with NSA… the IOC was a lot like Marine Corps aviation while NSA was an awful lot like America's Air Force."

"I would quote a Russian proverb," said Adm. Stavridis, "which is, 'Probe with bayonets. When you hit mush, proceed. When you hit steel withdraw.' I think unless we stand up to this kind of cyber attack from Russia, we'll only see more and more of it in the future."

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

15. The Following User Says Thank You to vector7 For This Useful Post:

American Patriot (October 14th, 2016)

Thanks

I'm sorry. The Russians did WHAT? They exposed some shit? And Obama is fucking pissed so he will use American assets to attack the Russians?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

If anything, this is definite act of war if accomplished.

You see, we, America, has one of the things listed as "infrastructure" as one of our MAJOR "attack points" where we WILL absolutely respond (and even go nuclear) if someone attacks the Internet, Water, Electrical Grid, Fuel and a few other things.

Where the fuck does Obama get off thinking that the Russians won't respond in kind?

Boys and girls... this is the edge of a precipice....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I'm sorry. The Russians did WHAT? They exposed some shit? And Obama is fucking pissed so he will use American assets to attack the Russians?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

If anything, this is definite act of war if accomplished.

You see, we, America, has one of the things listed as "infrastructure" as one of our MAJOR "attack points" where we WILL absolutely respond (and even go nuclear) if someone attacks the Internet, Water, Electrical Grid, Fuel and a few other things.

Where the fuck does Obama get off thinking that the Russians won't respond in kind?

Boys and girls... this is the edge of a precipice....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Alright ladies and gentlemen... Allow me to elaborate a bit here.

First off, what did the "Russians" do to interfere with the US Elections? Let me see... oh, yes, they EXPOSED some emails that were passed from Clinton and others about rigging the elections. So, they didn't exactly interfere, but more accurately they gave us information about how they are trying to cheat the other side out of winning.

Got that yet? The only "interference" was with those already INTERFERING.

Ok. So, if this article is true and accurate (and I've not vetted it completely yet) then there's a serious issue. Here's the link:

http://www.nbcnews.com/…/cia-prepping-possible-cyber-strike…

The "issue" is pretty simple. In the past, the US listed several items as reason for going to war, in fact, using nuclear weapons in such a war. Attacks on our infrastructure is one. Infrastructure includes the electrical grid, energy, manufacturing (cars, tanks, planes, etc), Economic attacks on our banking system and a few other things.

How Obama and his minions have NO CLUE that this works both ways, I'm not quite sure.
    But attacking (using Cyber attacks) against the Russians could be construed as an act of war. Yeah, North Korea and China routinely hit our servers and yet, we don't take any overt actions against them (and we DO have anti-cyber military arms to prevent incoming attacks... but usually we do not attack back).

To attack the Russians for "interfering" with the US Elections for "exposing" the bad guys in this is tantamount to a bullshit accusation by Obama and an attempt to start an overt war and take us out the "Cold War".

Is this Administration so corrupt and blind they can not see this?

OR are they planning to make this an actionable event allowing the current administration to create a situation so tenuous as to allow him to remain in office for another little while, or install his own people? In particular military leaders who will be beholden to him and Clinton?

Please understand this is NOT some Right or Left wing news source (actually, it's technically a Left wing source, but I digress here) that is full of conspiracy theories. This is not one of the rabidly Right Wing "nut job papers" pushing this crap (Alex Jones comes to mind right now for instance). Instead this is a main stream news source reporting this.

NBC news is a Left leaning group. But, honestly, do we all NOT see what is happening here?????
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

US Nuclear DEFCON Attack Warning 'Upgraded to Level 3' as Russian Threat Goes 'Beyond Cold War'

AMERICA is edging closer to nuclear armageddon after upgrading its attack “defence readiness”, it has been claimed.

By Joshua Nevett /

GETTY

UPGRADED: The US is getting closer to nuclear war, it has been claimed

The defense readiness condition, dubbed DEFCON, is an alert system used by the US military to indicate the risk of nuclear war.

The system has five levels of readiness, or states of alert, increasing in severity from DEFCON 5 – the least severe – to DEFCON 1 – the most severe.

The current DEFCON level is understood to be 5 – the lowest state of readiness.

But conspiracy theory website DEFCON warning system claims the threat has been upgraded to level 3, meaning the US Air Force is ready to mobilise in just 15 minutes.

GETTY

CHILLING: A Russian nuclear warhead

In a statement on its website, it claims that while there are no imminent nuclear threats against the US the situation is considered “fluid and can change rapidly”.

The website, which bases its warning on "current affairs", writes: “Tensions between Russia and the United States have reached levels beyond the cold war in the recent week.

“The situation between Russia and the United States is extremely fluid at the moment. In all likelihood as dynamic as at times during the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962.

“At this time, the DEFCON Warning System feels that an increase to DEFCON 3 would be a prudent move.”

Singling out Syria as “trigger point” for increased conflict between the US and Russia, the website says the situation is very sensitive and “has the potential to spiral out of control”.
    Tthe website stresses it is not affiliated with the US government or military and advises the public to “make their own evaluations”.

GETTY

CRUNCH TIME: Obama will have a crunch meeting on Syria today

The warning comes amid fears the next world war could kick off today as President Barack Obama meets top foreign policy advisors to discuss battling Russia.

The US leader is set to lay out plans for military options in Syria in a crunch meeting that could spell disaster for the world.

Meanwhile, a Ukranian helicopter was reportedly shot down by pro-Putin rebels with NATO officals on board, sparking fears of a western backlash.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Not sure about the web site they mentioned (Conspiracy theorists? The Defcon site that is)/
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=42773541
    Russian Television Warns of Nuclear War Amid US Tensions

• By PATRICK REEVELL

Oct 14, 2016, 4:32 PM ET

Lev Fedoseyev\TASS via Getty Images
    WATCH Tension Rises Between US and Russia After Recent Hacks

With diplomatic relations between Moscow and Washington at their lowest point since the Cold War, turning on Russian television can be an alarming experience. For the past month, Russian media outlets have been punctuated with reports asking people whether they are ready for nuclear war.
    "If it should one day happen, every one of you should know where the nearest bomb shelter is. It’s best to find out now," according to one particularly fevered report on the Russian state-owned channel, NTV.
    Russia’s main current affairs show, hosted by a presenter known by critics as the country’s propagandist-in-chief, recently spent two hours warning that Russia would defend itself with nuclear arms.
    "We’ve had it with American abuse over Syria," the show’s host, Evgeny Kiselyov, told his audience. "Impudent behavior," from the U.S. towards Russia, he said, can now take on "nuclear dimensions."
    Anti-Americanism is not rare on Russian state news, nor is an inclination for the apocalyptic. But more notable than the intensity of the warnings has been how Russian government ministries have joined in the alarms in recent weeks. Since September, Russia has conducted a nationwide civil defense drill, purportedly involving 40 million people, preparing them for catastrophes -- among them nuclear fallout. Russia’s military announced who would run the country in the event of war and ran an exercise simulating that in the south.
    Even more bluntly, Russia announced this week it was moving nuclear-capable ballistic missiles into its Northern European enclave, Kaliningrad, putting them within striking distance of Western capitals. In the same week, Russia test-fired 3 intercontinental ballistic missiles.
    Such moves have further raised the temperature with the West, already exceptionally high since the U.S. publicly accused Moscow of trying to interfere in its presidential elections and efforts by the two countries to reach a cease-fire deal terrorists in Syria, collapsed amid mutual recrimination and the renewal of ferocious airstrikes by Russian jets on the besieged city of Aleppo.
    But the blood-curdling statements and military posturing, however, are very far from heralding imminent war, analysts said.
    "It’s ridiculous," said Aleksander Baunov, an analyst at the Carnegie Moscow Center. "It’s not preparation for war."
    Like other Russia observers, he said the atomic-fueled reports and exercises may have several purposes, but none of them were to prepare the populace for major conflict. The nuclear threats, while frightening, reflected an sense in Russia that they could be made without real fear of being taken sincerely.
    "The ease with which people in this country use the nuclear threat in their aggressive rhetoric is truly amazing and of course alarming," Maria Lipman, a veteran Russian analyst and editor-in-chief of Counterpoint journal.
    That relative unconcern is perhaps reflected in that the war talk does not appear to have much traction among Russians. What's more Baunov said, anti-Americanism not especially high among ordinary people currently, limited he said to official discourse.
    That discourse, rather than heralding war, Baunov said, was meant to deter Western countries from intervening in Syria and in particular perhaps was meant to prevent the U.S. from responding too strongly to suspected Russian interference in the U.S. elections. Moscow, he said, is trying to set the field ahead of an incoming U.S. president, whoever wins.
    "They want to touch bottom and then to try to go up," he said. "Any responsible politician ... if you are responsible and experienced, it cannot start with further downgrading already bad relations, if they are already at bottom."
    The fevered rhetoric on television and pointed deployments of nuclear launch vehicles recalled the height of the Ukraine crisis in 2014, when Russia too sought to guarantee against Western intervention and buttress support for its actions at home. This time, the chances of a real military confrontation between Russia and the U.S. have risen dramatically since Washington indicated it was considering launching airstrikes against the forces of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to halt his brutal bombardment of Aleppo and push Moscow and Assad back to the negotiating table. Russia’s Defense Ministry has bluntly warned the U.S. not to intervene, threatening to shoot down any aircraft targeting Assad’s forces.
    But still few expect the Obama administration to approve such an intervention, which would abandon years of policy avoiding direct military intervention against Assad, at a moment when it also risked provoking an armed clash with Russia.
    Lipman warned the two countries' perilously diverging goals in Syria and an escalating logic in their exchanges, could see that confrontation spiral unpredictably out of control. "I think this is unprecedented," she said. "One reckless move could turn what until know has still been a Syrian conflict into something I don't even want to think about."
    Beyond geopolitical clashes, though, there may also be a more prosaic reason for the war talk -- Russia's military budget is currently up for consideration at a time when the economy is in trouble, weighed down by low oil prices and Western sanctions over the Kremlin's foreign military ventures.
    "The more tension the better for the Russian General Staff," Pavel Felgenhauer, a military analyst in Moscow, said. "Tensions are going to rise and rise and rise."
    "The good news is no one really wants a war," he added. "But it’s going to be a good show."
    For ordinary Russians it appeared an overly familiar show. Though often describing themselves as outraged by U.S. behavior in Syria, most seemed inured to the suggestions of possible nuclear doom, taking a more realistic view of the television warnings. Photos appeared on social media from a suburban apartment block where pranksters or enterprising fraudsters had pinned fliers to a stairwell asking residents to begin donating cash for the construction of a local bomb shelter.
    "Hurry, places are limited," the fliers read.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    Not sure about the web site they mentioned (Conspiracy theorists? The Defcon site that is)/
    Yeah, the news article seems to mistake it for an official DEFCON rating.

It's just a private site. But, apparently it is a pretty decent site. I've been checking in on them and they keep track of some pretty detailed information and word I've seen is some experienced people are involved with it.

I suspect it's a new startup designed to compete with Stratfor and Jane's.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Ruck For This Useful Post:

American Patriot (October 15th, 2016)

Thread Information