Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: War. War never changes.

Thanks

Default Re: War. War never changes.

Awesome! I just hope it isn't a rehash in a different place.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

It's a small MMO style pvp with private and public servers of up to 40 players I believe. Likely I'll skip Fallout 76.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I'm hoping Cyberpunk 2077 isn't too far off when it comes to open world large campaign RPGs.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin View Post
    It's a small MMO style pvp with private and public servers of up to 40 players I believe. Likely I'll skip Fallout 76.
    MMO is what I've seen too. Been too busy the last week to know if anything has been confirmed. I suspect we'll get details at E3.

I'll wait to see what's in store and whether I'll buy it but, an MMO doesn't interest me at all. Online campaign co-op I could get on board with and would actually really like but not MMO.

I've still got plenty on 4 to keep me busy. I just redid Sanctuary.

I've been going through and building up all of my settlements. I started out with a redo of Starlight. This was from before it was finished.

Thanks

Buddy just gave me a heads up on this...

Gigantic Fallout: New Vegas Mod — ‘Fallout: New California’ — Launches In October

Creators have put in more than five years of work on New Vegas prequel

June 2, 2016

After more than five years in development, Fallout: New California, a total conversion mod for Fallout: New Vegas, will launch on Oct. 23 (for Windows PC, of course), the mod’s makers announced yesterday.

New California’s development team observed the project’s fifth anniversary on June 1 (though some work had begun before then) with a new trailer yesterday. Their mod is a prequel story to Obsidian’s Fallout: New Vegas from 2010. The player character begins in Vault 18 inside ruined Los Angeles, as an adopted resident there.

Going to the surface they discover a three-way fight for control among the Survivalist Army, the New California Republic, and the Super Mutants. This presages the NCR’s invasion and control of the Mojave Desert. The story is set in 2260, well before the events of New Vegas.

You may remember this mod as something called “Project Brazil.” Back in 2015, project lead Brandan Lee said New California’s narrative would feature two main paths, two sub-paths and eight different companions, creating a spiderweb of outcomes that took the project team a long time to sort through. Originally, they had hoped to get New California out before Fallout 4. Now it looks like (launch date pending) they’ll be trying to beat Fallout 76.

The mod team says the game is feature complete, with art assets all locked in, but they’re taking another four months to thread in side quests. “You hit this story with huge replete branches 16,000 lines of dialogue long you expect some little moments with characters off to the side of the big arcs, and there just aren’t any,” Lee wrote in a message on the mod’s moddb.com page. “I’d also like to take time to revise some plot holes and gaps in the open possibilities that appeared in testing.”

The Fallout: New California team will take beta sign-ups in July for those who want to test the mod, which will expose only the main quest line and areas involving it. Technically, they’re calling the Oct. 23 launch a Beta 2.00 release. In any case, this behemoth of a mod, which explores a part of the country and the canon Fallout diehards have been dying to see more of since 2010’s New Vegas, is finally coming in for a landing.

I'd rather play this than MMO Fallout.

When I bought the Special Edition of FO4, it came with all the previous versions of FO on PC so I've got FONV on PC already. And the same buddy that sent me this mentioned there is an actual Microsoft made adapter that lets you use an Xbox controller with PC. I've got the Xbox Elite controller which is awesome so I just about guarantee I'll be snagging an adapter to give FONC a try.

Thanks

I think fallout 4 is doing a remake of fallout 3 also. Am interested in both of these.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

From E3 earlier...

And the full half hour stage show...

I suppose at this point I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll likely be getting it for the collector's edition swag alone anyway so I'll end up giving it a spin.

Thanks

If it's a pvp gank fest, I'm out.

I'll probably get it anyway. It's a trivial cost to me at this point.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I pre-ordered the Power Armor edition earlier today. Looks like it's already sold out at most places.

For $200 I hope it doesn't suck.

A good friend, my youngest brother, and a buddy of his are all getting it on Xbox (I didn't see any mention of cross platform playability) so I think we've got a minimal squad.

Like you said, I hope it's not basement dwellers that spend 18 hours a day the first week it's out doing nothing but griefing casual players.

Thanks

If you can bomb other settlements and piss off a bunch of people who have a cool settlement, not only WILL it happen, it WILL become the point of the game.

Expect to get your corpse looted at the spawn point.

The problem is that sociopaths enjoy making life miserable for other people. It only takes a small percentage of them to make it unplayable for everyone else.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    If you can bomb other settlements and piss off a bunch of people who have a cool settlement, not only WILL it happen, it WILL become the point of the game.

Expect to get your corpse looted at the spawn point.

The problem is that sociopaths enjoy making life miserable for other people. It only takes a small percentage of them to make it unplayable for everyone else.
    Yeah, absolutely and I'm really hoping they've considered these things when implementing it all.

No one wants to spend weeks building a settlement with friends only to have it 100% wiped out by some 13 year old just looking to kick over sand castles.

Thanks

It sounds like they've taken griefing into consideration in the design. Supposedly getting nuked will not wipe out everything and you can "easily repair it".

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Figured I'd share my Halloween pumpkin.

No, I'm not so skilled to have done that myself.

A fellow my brother knows did it for $30 which included the pumpkin, an LED light, and the carving. I think an excellent price for the level of skill.

Told him I wanted a Fallout themed one and said if he could, something with the Lone Wanderer and Dogmeat but it wasn't set in stone. He came up with this instead and I think it looks awesome!

Will definitely have to get a new one next year. Maybe some X-01 armor...

Thread Information