Thread: NAACP about to Vote on Teaparty movement

Thanks

Default NAACP about to Vote on Teaparty movement

Declaring the Tea Party Movement RACIST!

I don't belong to them, but I know many of them. They are not racists.

I think I will join now.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: NAACP about to Vote on Teaparty movement

Quote Originally Posted by michael2 View Post
    NAACP is pro-tax-and-spend-big goverment because they shake down white liberals and deliver the largesse to themselves and then their alleged representative racial demographic. Therefore, any group that is against big government is by definition racist. Whites who do not feel guilty of past sins of racial injustice and who oppose minority spending programs are labelled racist, which is interesting because such stigmatization really is likely to result in a hidden but very virulent racism. Any member of a minority that doesn't feel victimized by whites and/or is conservative is stigmatized as a sellout or race traitor.

It's not about race to the NAACP, it's about using guilt to make money. If Racism didn't exist, they would have to invent it, even though it certainly does exist.
    I have to disagree that the NAACP is not about race but only motivated by money. The money is just a material gain , sure they want money, money is power, but these people have a deep racial envy , and hatred of whites because blacks have a sense of inferiority, no history of accomplishment without whitey somewhere in the picture.
    Most on this board say they are Not racist , oppose racism. But those kinds of thoughts , of liberal society only empowers groups like the NAACP.
    No nation on earth is expected to be a white nation by 2080.
    Personally I see nothing wrong with the NAACP ... whites will get a good lesson on racial heritage and pride from the blacks.
    Ab Urbe Condita 2761

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

July 13, 2010
    NAACP passes resolution blasting Tea Party 'racism'
    Posted: July 13th, 2010 10:50 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Shannon Travis

Washington (CNN) –
    The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has passed a resolution that condemns what it feels is rampant racism in the Tea Party movement. Members passed the measure on Tuesday at the NAACP's 101st annual convention being held in Kansas City, Missouri.

Tea Party activists have swiftly denounced the action as unfounded and unfair.

The resolution pits the nation's oldest civil rights organization, with a storied history of wins on behalf of racial justice, against a grassroots conservative movement that has won some recent political races and is flexing its muscle in Republican circles.

“We take no issue with the Tea Party. We believe in freedom of assembly and people raising their voices in a democracy,” NAACP President and CEO Ben Jealous said in a statement.

“We take issue with the Tea Party’s continued tolerance for bigotry and bigoted statements. The time has come for them to accept the responsibility that comes with influence and make clear there is no space for racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in their movement,” Jealous added.

Leaders of the conservative movement reacted to the NAACP action with swift and angry derision.

“I am disinclined to take lectures on racial sensitivity from a group that insists on calling black people, ‘Colored,’” Mark Williams, national spokesman of the Tea Party Express, told CNN. “The Tea Party [movement] is about the constitution of this country…[and] ensuring equality for each and every individual human being.”

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin talked about the resolution on Monday, before it passed, in a Fox News interview.

“It’s very unfortunate that they’re taking this tactic. Because it’s a false accusation that Tea Party Americans are racist,” Palin said. “Any good American hates racism, we don’t stand for it. It is unacceptable.”

But NAACP leaders feel there is ample evidence of racism to prove Palin and other Tea Party racism deniers wrong. Hilary Shelton is the NAACP director of its Washington bureau and senior vice-president for advocacy and policy. In an interview with CNN he laid out what the group feels is the proof.

“After observing Tea Party activities throughout the country – which culminated with the outrageous and racist behavior of Tea Party activists during the historic congressional vote to pass into law comprehensive healthcare legislation – the NAACP began more closely investigating the Tea Party. Specifically as it was reported to us that Tea Party activists spat on [Congressman] John Lewis, a veteran civil rights activist and associate to Dr. Martin Luther King, and called Congressman Emanuel Cleaver the 'N-word' and called [Congressman] Barney Frank … one of the first openly gay members of Congress, the "F-word," Shelton said.

Other claims from the NAACP: Tea Party activists have engaged in racist behavior, for example, by waving signs that degrade African-Americans and President Obama, in particular, and a number of activists think that issues of importance to African-Americans get too much attention.

Shelton told CNN that “rather than talking about the real issues of these incidents that have happened … [activists] wind up blaming the messenger.
    “It seems like its denial ... that allows them to focus on themselves,” Shelton said.

Many Tea Party leaders have, in fact, publicly denounced elements of prejudice. During a May 6 interview on ABC’s daytime program, “The View,” Amy Kremer, current chairman of the Tea Party Express, pointedly looked into the camera and told any prejudiced followers, “This is not a racist movement. We don’t want you here. Go away if that’s what you’re about. We’re about the fiscal issues and about being American.”

Williams told CNN, “We’ve had these people show up on the fringes of our group … because we attract TV cameras. What these people all universally learn, the racist groups included, is that they’re not welcome.”

Other Tea Party leaders have also publicly spoken out against racism in their movement.

While Shelton acknowledged the effort from “a few” leaders, he told CNN that the level of repudiation is not stopping displays of racism from many Tea Party followers.

“Not only are some elements of the Tea Party movement being resistant to that [message of repudiation] but we’ve seen some elements acting out, in some cases, in a violently racist behavior. And that is what we want to see stop,” Shelton said.

Shelton cited the movement’s loose-knit patchwork of small, local groups that might not tow the line of Tea Party leaders.

Filed under: NAACPTea Party movement

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

The NAACP is ABSOLUTELY about Race.

In fact, when an organization like the NAACP sits on it's high horse and POINTS to racism without first cleaning its own house it has just proved itself to be nothing but a waste, useless, fallacious, inaccurate and ineffective.

Hannity cornered a guy yesterday on this very subject. The man sat there saying that if a white man points out something about blacks, it is racism. If a black man is pointing out how good the blacks are and how bad whites are IT IS NOT RACISM.

So... let me just point something out. I don't see color. I never have, I don't care what color someone's skin is. I know for a fact it is irrelevant because regardless of SKIN color the DNA in our cells is the SAME. We're all from a few families of people who survived some horrible near-extinction event thousands of years ago.

Since then the human race has been able to regroup and reproduce.

So, your skin color is irrelevant.

You character IS however, important. And if your character is one to constantly lie, cheat, steal or point out how whites are "racist" then you really should just shut the fuck up and move on with your life.

THIS White guy isn't racist and I don't give a rat's ass what any one says.

I hate liars and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is absolutely FULL of liars.
    Last edited by American Patriot; July 14th, 2010 at 13:14.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Debate was mostly closed to the public, but the final version "calls on the tea party and all people of good will to repudiate the racist element and activities within the tea party," said Hilary Shelton, director of the NAACP's Washington bureau.
    Again, I point out that the NAACP needs to DO THE SAME THING if they want any credibility!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

The denial of racism by the Tea Party, or anyone else with a scientific or theological point of view is missing the whole point of the accusation... denial is raising the white flag.
    The world as been tribes from the very beginning , just ask a Jew. Tell a Jew they are not a race that has the right to survive as the tribe always has.. see what they say about DNA and pacifist views.
    Ab Urbe Condita 2761

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Segestan View Post
    The denial of racism by the Tea Party, or anyone else with a scientific or theological point of view is missing the whole point of the accusation... denial is raising the white flag.
    The world as been tribes from the very beginning , just ask a Jew. Tell a Jew they are not a race that has the right to survive as the tribe always has.. see what they say about DNA and pacifist views.
    Wait for it.

BULLSHIT.

The ACCUSATION of racism where none exists is the problem, NOT denial.

Look, I don't doubt there are people out there who might have aligned with one or another of the Tea Party movements in some particular area of the country.

I personally don't like to hear terms used to denote some group of people as "lesser than the rest of us". I also don't like being lumped into some vague grouping of people that are associated with racists (e.g. "all whites are racists" - which is simply untrue).

At the same time this is a slimely bullshit way of trying to DISCREDIT a group of people. This is NOT about racism. Period. It's about an attempt to make WHITE people look BAD.

That's NOT denial, that's REFUSAL to accept such an attempt to discredit a group.

I have to ask you before I jump in your shit with both feet how you figure that "denying racism" is akin to surrender....

RACISM certainly exists, and it exists more strongly from Black people I know than any white person I know. I sit and listen to the arguments every day where I work, blacks giving their version (however misguided and untrue) and whites tacit acceptance thereof.

I do NOT accept the fact that "Slaves deserve reparations"... not because there were slaves, not because someone was certainly culpable in keeping slaves, but because I NEVER owned a slave. I don't answer for those who went before me.

And those who live today ARE NOT AND NEVER HAVE BEEN SLAVES!

If this were true, then MY PEOPLE, the Irish and Scots should ALSO be given reparations for their own evil treatment by everyone from the British to the early American government.

MANY people over the course of human history have been held as slaves. MOST were killed after a war with a neighbor. Most countries simply tried to wipe out and destroy those they defeated.

I don't hear so-called "African Americans" yelling because their OWN people SOLD their forefathers into slavery! Why are they NOT demanding certain countries in Africa and the Middle East make reparations AS WELL?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information