Second beer tonight is another New Belgium offering, La Folie (2014).

This one is, admittedly, a gamble. Not because I doubt New Belgium's quality but because the price of admission was on the high side. $19 for a standard 750ml bomber!

However the description was just too intriguing to pass up:
La Folie Wood-Aged Biere, is our original wood-conditioned beer, resting in French Oak barrels between one and three years before being hand bottled, numbered and corked for your enjoyment. Brewmaster, Peter Bouckaert, came to us from Rodenbach – home of the fabled sour red. Our La Folie emulates the spontaneous fermentation beers of Peter’s beloved Flanders with sour apple notes, a dry effervescence, and earthy undertones.
I guess New Belgium has gotten too big to hand number and cork because mine came in the bottle pictured above.

Poured a very dark yet clear brown into a snifter. Immediately hit in the nose with a sour apple scent that traveled well outside of the glass. Perhaps some cherry in there too. Taste is an intense sour green apple punch to the taste buds with some caramel behind it. The cherry in the scent is there in the taste as well if only slightly. Body is pretty crisp and dry. This beer is in your face in every way but in a good way, especially if you're the type that likes sour gummy worms or similar candy just for the mouth puckering intensity. It's 7% too so it isn't exactly a lightweight.

Overall I'd say this gamble paid off in spades! This is a great beer to experience due to its extremity. You guys in CO should have no problem finding it since it's New Belgium and all.