Thread: Stop banning stuff!

Thanks

Default Stop banning stuff!

I'm really getting pissed off at the bans these fuckers are doing.

Alright, I don't buy and drink "individual water bottles", almost NEVER. I drink the crap out of the tap. Or I stick a water bottle in a stream and drink that in the woods. Or I will at least filter it using a Katadyn filter system when out there.

And I don't understand the fucks who created the individual water bottle in the first place (Left leaning, Liberal wannbe joggers, antii-global warming bullshit artists) in the FIRST place.

But NOW they are BANNING that which they created??? Give it a FUCKING break.

Stop BANNING SHIT!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Concord's plastic water bottle ban now in effect

A student walks through a sculpture made of empty water bottles in Burlington, Vt. The University of Vermont is preparing to ban the sale of bottled water on its Burlington campus. (THE ASSOCIATED PRESS)

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

6 comments | Add a comment

CONCORD — A new ban on the sales of single-serving plastic water bottles has taken effect in Concord.

The ban began Tuesday and follows an April vote by Town Meeting, which made historic Concord one of the first communities in the nation to make the bottles illegal.

Stores will be fined up to $50 for violating the ban. An exemption is allowed during emergencies.

The new law was adopted after a three-year campaign by local activists. They pushed a return to tap water, saying banning the bottles will cut down on plastic waste and reduce the use of the fossil fuels used to make the bottles.

Businesses opposed the ban, saying it restricts of freedom of choice and will simply drive bottled water sales out of town.

6 comments | Add a comment
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Stop banning stuff!

So it's ok if I sell a bottle of water with two servings in it?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Right, LOL!

But damn it, you had better NOT sell a single serving water bottle, you got that? Oh, and no 32 oz. drinks for you either (it's moving across the border, you KNOW it is)
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

It's funny. A couple decades ago it was bad form to use paper bags. We went to plastic bags. Oh noes, they take 10,000 years to compost. Answer? Reuseable bags. Except if one does not use water and soap and wash these reuseable bags, they can pass along bacteria from items previously carried in them. Guess we all need to learn to juggle.

Well, the plastic bags I see in grocery today are weak and prone to breaking as they are a new formula that uses post consumer (used) plastic. Net effect, double bagging heavy items. So what is the answer? Shop more often so one can carry out their goods by hand? Oops, fossil fuel is needed to drive. Uh oh. Better walk the handful of groceries home rinse and repeat.

Such is the manic nature of liberalism and progressives.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Fiord View Post
    It's funny. A couple decades ago it was bad form to use paper bags. We went to plastic bags. Oh noes, they take 10,000 years to compost. Answer? Reuseable bags. Except if one does not use water and soap and wash these reuseable bags, they can pass along bacteria from items previously carried in them. Guess we all need to learn to juggle.

Well, the plastic bags I see in grocery today are weak and prone to breaking as they are a new formula that uses post consumer (used) plastic. Net effect, double bagging heavy items. So what is the answer? Shop more often so one can carry out their goods by hand? Oops, fossil fuel is needed to drive. Uh oh. Better walk the handful of groceries home rinse and repeat.

Such is the manic nature of liberalism and progressives.
    The answer is to not have children and die. Sacrifice yourself on the alter to Gaia. It's for mother nature.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Or we could take all those plastic bags from the grocery stores, make rope and hang the buggers who want to ban things. It is, after all for the "greater good".
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Ya know, Rick, if it gets to the point we are hanging traitors plastic bags braided up would serve well here, but do not forget to at least double bag it as its a lot of weight.

Thanks

Actually... I can use about 9 of those bags, three tied together, then braided and they will hold my 175 lbs with NO problem. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Good to know. Today I learned.

Thanks

I found some video about making rope out of plastic bags. Laughed at first, then thought "Hmm... let's test that", so I tried it and sure enough it works. I made about a five foot long rope and used it over a beam and hoisted myself up just to test it.

In a pinch you can use them braided together.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Oh those chemical bonds of plastic.

Kind of reminds me of the video about condoms and asking "how does a person have one break" and then proceed to stretch one to gigantic sizes as awkward evidence of the strength of the condom.

Thanks

/chuckles
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Fiord View Post
    Oh those chemical bonds of plastic.

Kind of reminds me of the video about condoms and asking "how does a person have one break" and then proceed to stretch one to gigantic sizes as awkward evidence of the strength of the condom.
    Usually there's a little smoke first. Looks about like this:

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    The answer is to not have children and die. Sacrifice yourself on the alter to Gaia. It's for mother nature.
    Obama says climate change a matter of National Security

By Steve Holland
    CHICAGO | Tue Dec 9, 2008 5:20pm EST

(Reuters) - President-elect Barack Obama said on Tuesday attacking global climate change is a "matter of urgency" that will create jobs as he got advice from Al Gore, who won a Nobel Peace Prize for his work on the issue.
    In remarks to reporters, Obama made clear he would adopt an aggressive approach to global warming when he takes over the White House on January 20.

He and Vice President-elect Joe Biden met for nearly two hours with former Vice President Gore at Obama's presidential transition office in Chicago.

"All three of us are in agreement that the time for delay is over, the time for denial is over," Obama said.

Obama hopes addressing climate change can create the kind of jobs that will help pull the U.S. economy out of a deepening recession. He has begun to lay out plans for a massive recovery program to help stimulate the U.S. economy and create about 2.5 million jobs.

He said he would work with Democrats and Republicans, businesses, consumers and others with a stake in the issue to try to reach a consensus on a bold, aggressive approach to tackling the problem.

"This is a matter of urgency and of national security and it has to be dealt with in a serious way. That's what I intend my administration to do," Obama said.

Obama had a willing partner in Gore, who won a Nobel in 2007 for his years-long effort to educate people about the gradual warming of the planet and to argue against those scientists who believe a warming trend is a naturally occurring event.

There was no talk of offering Gore a job in the Obama administration. Gore has indicated he is not interested in a position of climate "czar" or any Cabinet post.

Just two days after Obama won the November 4 election, Gore's Alliance for Climate Protection rolled out a media campaign to push for immediate investments in energy efficiency, renewable power generation like wind and solar technology and the creation of a unified national power grid.

Gore and his group are in line with most U.S. environmental groups, which believe the Obama administration has a chance to stem global warming.

Critics have accused the outgoing Bush administration of stalling on the issue, but the White House insists it is taking steps aimed at addressing the problem without damaging the U.S. economy.

"We have the opportunity now to create jobs all across this country, in all 50 states, to re-power America, to redesign how we use energy, to think about how we are increasing efficiency, to make our economy stronger, make us more safe, reduce our dependence on foreign oil and make us competitive for decades to come, even as we're saving the planet," Obama said.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    Usually there's a little smoke first. Looks about like this:

Hmm... Looks like a Briggs in, possibly in an MTD mower of some sort.

ETA: Finished watching, yep 18hp Briggs.

Thanks

well, I was actually thinking of this type of industrial test.

Thanks

Well, all I can say is _I'VE_ had them break several times and while I may be distantly related to a gorilla, it wasn't King Kong. Of course, I've not used one of the damn things in 20 years so maybe they are better these days.

The real answer is they break when there isn't much lube.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thread Information