Thread: Sen. Paul to Introduce Fourth Amendment Restoration Act of 2013

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Sen. Paul to Introduce Fourth Amendment Restoration Act of 2013

Sen. Paul to Introduce Fourth Amendment Restoration Act of 2013

June 6, 2013

Sen. Rand Paul today announced he will introduce the Fourth Amendment Restoration Act of 2013, which ensures the Constitutional protections of the Fourth Amendment are not violated by any government entity.

"The revelation that the NSA has secretly seized the call records of millions of Americans, without probable cause, represents an outrageous abuse of power and a violation of the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution. I have long argued that Congress must do more to restrict the Executive's expansive law enforcement powers to seize private records of law-abiding Americans that are held by a third-party," Sen. Paul said. "When the Senate rushed through a last-minute extension of the FISA Amendments Act late last year, I insisted on a vote on my amendment (SA 3436) to require stronger protections on business records and prohibiting the kind of data-mining this case has revealed. Just last month, I introduced S.1037, the Fourth Amendment Preservation and Protection Act, which would provide exactly the kind of protections that, if enacted, could have prevented these abuses and stopped these increasingly frequent violations of every American's constitutional rights.

"The bill restores our Constitutional rights and declares that the Fourth Amendment shall not be construed to allow any agency of the United States government to search the phone records of Americans without a warrant based on probable cause."

Click HERE to view the text of this legislation.

It is a sad state of affairs when we need something like this but at least someone like Rand is going to bat for us.

Thanks

Default Re: Sen. Paul to Introduce Fourth Amendment Restoration Act of 2013

Why do I feel like my head is spinning around and around these days????????????????????????????????

What the HELL did we do to deserve the mistreatment we're getting?

Who the HELL do these politicians think they are? (Not Rand Paul, the rest of them)
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information