This one is for the record. I will make sure this comes back to bite him if he runs for anything else. This is why BOTH sides are losers.

Congressman Phil Gingrey Complains About Making ONLY $172,000

19 Thursday Sep 2013
Posted by freedomfromgovt in Government, US News
Leave a Comment

Tags
Capitol Hill, corruption, Georgia, Gingrey, K Street, National Review, Phil Gingrey, Subsidy

In an argument against a special exemption allowing Hill staffers to buy health insurance, one lawmaker said he’s “stuck” making $172,000 a year, while aides will go on to make in big bucks lobbying on K Street, according to a report.

Staffers “may be 33 years old now and not making a lot of money. But in a few years they can just go to K Street…and make $500,000 a year. Meanwhile I’m stuck here making $172,000 a year,” Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) said on Wednesday, according to the National Review.
@RepPhilGingrey hey buddy, I bet you won't be "stuck" making $172,000 for very long.—
bluntmad demon (@bluntmad_demon) September 19, 2013
Gingrey, who’s own net worth the National Review reports, is at least $3 million, is against the special exemption that would allow Hill staffers and lawmakers to buy their insurance in the exchange markets, while still receiving a government subsidy to do so.

Read more at Politico