Thread: Fox News Channel

Thanks

Default Fox News Channel

Well, the bomb just dropped.

It went off and left a mess.

LOTFI: Fox News one of Hillary Clinton’s biggest donors for more than two decades

By: Michael Lotfi 2

Hillary Clinton testifies before Congress at Benghazi trial

To many, it seems contrary to intuition that Fox News could be one of the Clinton family’s largest donors for the better part of two decades. Check your intuition at the door. It’s true. According to Federal Election Commission and Center for Responsive Politics data, 21st Century Fox News Corp. has donated more than $3 million to Clinton family accounts. Overall, this lands Fox as the Clinton family’s 9th largest donor over the course of the family’s political involvement.

Should it really infuriate the conservative viewership of Fox News that the company also donates to Democrats? After all, are political parties not constantly blaming media outlets for being bias? What would it say about the state of media in America if companies and their journalists only donated to one specific party? More troubling, what does it say about Americans that some are upset over the fact that Fox News and its employees are donating to Democrats in addition to Republicans? Do we really want our media to be non-bias, or do we simply want it to follow our own bias?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Fox News Channel

Unfortunately pretty typical with high roller establishment Republicans. Greasing skids on both sides of the aisle.

Power and money are higher priority over principles in the social circles far above yours and mine.

Thanks

Default Re: Fox News Channel

Fox channel blackout on Dish continues

Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network fans were still blacked out for Dish Network subscribers Monday as the two companies remained locked in a contract negotiations battle.
    Losing Fox just before midnight on Sunday is just the latest fight between cable and satellite providers fight with the networks over subscription fees.
    This one led to heated comments on consumer complaint websites with many saying they paid for Fox and expect to get it. It also led to a war of words between the two companies.
    Fox maintained that Dish took their channels off at 11:50 p.m. on Saturday. Dish spokeswoman Courtney Culpepper says Fox removed the channels at 11:59 p.m.
    "Fox News Channel did not disconnect Dish, rather, Dish prematurely ceased distribution of Fox News in an attempt to intimidate and sway our negotiations," said Tim Carry, executive vie president of distribution for Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network. "It is unfortunate that the millions of Fox News viewers on Dish were used as pawns by their provider."
    Warren Schlichting, Dish senior vice president of programming, said in a statement. that "Fox blacked out two of its news channels, using them as leverage to triple rates on sports and entertainment channels that are not in this contract."
    "It's like we're about to close on a house and the realtor is trying to make us buy a new car as well," he added.
    Dish may suffer the most in the dispute.
    "When I signed up to DISH, FOX News and FOX Business was in the package," Don of Anthem, Ariz. posted on Consumeraffairs.com. "Without them, I would expect a huge drop in my rates at least."
    Like many, the Arizona resident said he planned to move to another carrier, which Fox was urging viewers to do. He posted Monday that "I'm not waiting for them to realize their miscalculations on the backlash that is going to come from this. I'm going to DirecTV today."
    Dish has more than 14 million satellite TV customers.
    Dish had just settled disputes that led to the temporary blackout of some local CBS stations and another one on Turner Broadcasting channels, including CNN, Cartoon Network and Turner Classic Movies.
    Patty of Fish Creek, Wisc. offered more pointed comments on the Consumer Affairs site.
    "...So this is my Merry Christmas from Dish Network!!! Pulling Fox News I hope will cost Dish Network serious loss of customers," she wrote. "To pull one of the only program (sic) that I watch, among the 798 crappy programs they offer, is insane."
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information