Thread: DOJ Banning Religious, Racial Profiling in National Security Probes

Thanks

Default DOJ Banning Religious, Racial Profiling in National Security Probes

National Security

DOJ to ban religious, racial profiling in national security probes

FoxNews.com

Facebook0 Twitter0 livefyre1855 Email Print

FILE: July 15, 2013: Police arrest an individual at a rally regarding Trayvon Martin, whose death sparked a national debate over racial profiling, Los Angeles, Calif. (REUTERS)

The Justice Department is set to announce broad restrictions on racial and religious profiling in federal investigations, including those involving matters of national security.
    The expected ban comes amid heightened concerns of Islamic militant groups executing a terror attack on U.S. soil and was reportedly opposed by national security officials.
    A Justice Department official told Fox News on Monday that outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder will announce the policy change in the coming weeks and that it will also put an end to profiling based on ethnicity and sexual orientation.
    Holder intended to announce the policy change several months ago, but the White House ordered a last-minute hold so the Department of Homeland Security could review the national security implications, a congressional aide told The Los Angeles Times, which on Saturday first reported the story.
    The new policy will add to long-standing bans on racial profiling and extend them for the first time to national-security probes.
    The finishing touches are still being put on the policy change, but the final version is expected to scale back the authority federal agencies received in the aftermath of the 9/11 terror attacks, including the monitoring of some religious groups and surveillance on mosques without evidence of suspected criminal activity.
    Still, some activities might be allowed to continue including the recruitment of informants from religious groups, The Times reports.
    Fox News’ Lucas Tomlinson contributed to this report

Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: DOJ Banning Religious, Racial Profiling in National Security Probes

This is the MOST STUPID, IDIOTIC idea I've ever heard, at this time, in this place, in this country.... we're going to pretend that Muslims and Islam doesn't exist any more.

Granny and Grandpa, be prepared to have anal probes at the Airport now, because GOD KNOWS you could be a terrorist. And if you have a colostomy bag, or have to wear adult diapers, be prepared to be body slammed to the floor.

Who the FUCK is this asshole running the DOJ, who hasn't "retired".

Eric Holder, you will be HELD DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE NEXT ATTACK ON THIS COUNTRY and AMERICANS WILL COME FOR YOU PERSONALLY.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Political Correctness does NOT BELONG IN POLITICS, IN AMERICA and especially NOT in National Security.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Does this mean that "evangelical Christians" are also off the table for the DOJ? Yeah -- I didn't think so ... :P

What's funny is that good detective work requires good "profiling" ... done by people who are called "profilers." So now we are telling these folks to make sure not to use all of the available tools and information to do their job.

Where I originally grew up, while it was rare, there would be stories each year during deer hunting season of someone having their deer carcasses stolen from the back of a truck. Nearly always it was stolen by other hunters. So, following this logic, it would be like telling the DNR to look for the venison thieves, but don't question any white guys wearing blaze orange because you might offend some of them. *shakes head*

-Matt

Thanks

This whole thing of "not giving offense" is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

I intentionally "offend" people because you know what? If people can't take a little "offense" then they need to grow a thicker skin.

Worse, sometimes people have to have their sense offended to get off their asses and move out of the sewer.

If black people are offended by the fact I call the area they live in a "Ghetto" (and some WHITE people whose names I won't mention) then tough shit. Get off your Liberal High Horse (or jackass) and smell the coffee and MOVE OUT OF THE GHETTO.

Don't blame ME if you can't. Its NOT MY FAULT, IT'S YOURS!

if Muslims are offended because I think Islam is a shit religion, TOUGH SHIT. Don't come trying to whack off my head, cuz, I'll kill you. Then I'll hunter your mother and father down and kill them, pigs.

If Obama the Jerk in the White House is offended because someone calls him what he is, a Kenyan or Muslim, TOUGH SHIT. He is JUST LIKE ME. He's a human being claiming to be an American. If he is an American then he needs to get off HIS jackass and join the party and protect this country.

If Nancy Pelosi and Dickhead Bloomberg are offended by my guns, TOUGH SHIT. Go fuck yourselves. You work for ME, not the other way around - assholes.

There. I feel better....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information