Thread: Russia Legalizes Guns for Citizens Self-Defense

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Russia Legalizes Guns for Citizens Self-Defense

Yamamoto: I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve. You cannot invade the mainland of the United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Companion Thread:Russia scrambles to build 5000 new bomb shelters by 2012 for strategic nuclear strike

Russia Legalizes Guns for Citizens Self-Defense

Russia has loosened its gun laws to allow citizens to carry a firearm for self-defense.

By Andrew Berry

Russian President Vladimir Putin|Photo by Wikimedia Commons

Russia has loosened its gun laws to allow citizens to carry a firearm for self-defense.

According to RT, gun enthusiasts in Russia were previously only allowed to carry a gun for hunting or target shooting after getting a license through the Interior Ministry. The new addendum to the law law now lists self-defense as a legally sound reason for carrying a weapon.

Gun licenses are renewed every five years in Russia. Applicants must pass a background check and are required to take gun safety classes.

The Russian government’s press service stressed that firearms are still not allowed in educational institutions, establishments which operate at night and serve alcohol, and mass gatherings like street demonstrations or protests, RT reported. Carrying while under the influence of alcohol is also strictly forbidden.

As RT notes, the law defines self-defense weapons to include “smoothbore long barrelled guns, pistols, revolvers, and other firearms, as well as Tasers, and devices equipped with tear gas.”
    The amendment also eased requirements for foreigners bringing guns into the Russian Federation, or buying guns in the country, RT said. The “grace period” for foreigners awaiting a license from the Interior Ministry has been increased from five to 10 days.

According to the International Business Times, there are currently 13 million privately-owned firearms in Russia, compared with 310 million in the US. The article also says there were 21,603 murders in Russia in 2009. In that same year, the United States, which has a population roughly twice the size of Russia, had 13,636 homicides.

[h/t to NRANews.com]
    - See more at: http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/....iWYZ7P3a.dpuf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Default Re: Russia Legalizes Guns for Citizens Self-Defense

I've seen that quote, and even used it myself. I believe it might have been Malsua that pointed out it was never actually said by Yamamoto.

• You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
      • It has been declared this attribution is "unsubstantiated and almost certainly bogus, even though it has been repeated thousands of times in various Internet postings. There is no record of the commander in chief of Japan’s wartime fleet ever saying it.", according to Brooks Jackson in "Misquoting Yamamoto" at Factcheck.org (11 May 2009), which cites Donald M. Goldstein, sometimes called "the dean of Pearl Harbor historians", writing "I have never seen it in writing. It has been attributed to the Prange files [the files of the late Gordon W. Prange, chief historian on the staff of Gen. Douglas MacArthur]".

Now, it occurs to me that first off in the 1940s, the Japanese were extremely Imperialistic and were not quite as well-studied of the United States as is believed. The people were a feudalistic society even into the 1940 to a great degree. Technically, feudalism ended in Japan with Edo around the late 1800s, 1865ish if I remember. Edo was an emperor.

But that was outward appearances. Even today the Japanese maintain a tight rein on their society.

Anyway, where I'm going with this is that it stands to reason that given the time frame of WWII that the Japanese, including Yamamoto might not we as well read on America. However, Isoroku Yamamoto was a smart man (he was, after all an Admiral and was a decorated war hero.

Here's the kicker though, Yamamoto visited the United States and spent a good deal of time here. He traveled very extensively throughout the country. So, while everyone is trying to say he never actually said that phrase, it is a well known FACT he indeed understood Americans in the 1930s-1940s much better than his counterparts, or the Hirohito understood us. What this means is that he may very well have said this off the record.

At least, that is my opinion of this.

Besides I don't believe most of the sources that say it is false.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Default Re: Russia Legalizes Guns for Citizens Self-Defense

At any rate, slaves and serfs aren't allowed guns, for defence or otherwise. I was educated on many things I've recently been wrong about. This news is one of those things pointing to that. Fascists; anti-semite, anti-slav, anti-christian, anti-civilization... Are out to destroy us, and get us to destroy each other, and create their nightmare regimes on the ruins.

I'm reminded of this movie; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sum...ars_%28film%29

This great gun law loosening restrictions on private gun ownership would never happen in any Communist or Fascist regime, crypto or otherwise. Putin and company are preparing for war, but not with us.
    "God's an old hand at miracles, he brings us from nonexistence to life. And surely he will resurrect all human flesh on the last day in the twinkling of an eye. But who can comprehend this? For God is this: he creates the new and renews the old. Glory be to him in all things!" Archpriest Avvakum

Thread Information