Thread: Cover Songs That Are As Good Or Better Than The Original

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Cover Songs That Are As Good Or Better Than The Original

Just earlier heard a new cover of The Sound Of Silence from Disturbed. I think David Draimen did an awesome job on it! Really does a great job evoking the emotion of the song.

So, it got me to thinking what other covers am I a big fan of, where the bands really honor the original or maybe even do it better!

Here's the Disturbed cover of The Sound of Silence:

Another cover that does a great job capturing the emotion of the song is Shinedown's cover of Lynyrd Skynyrd's Simple Man:

Now there is no topping of the original Phil Collins' In The Air Tonight but I do really like Nonpoint's cover of it:

I definitely like Killswitch Engage's cover of Dio's Holy Diver, a bit more than the original:

I'm also a fan of Devildriver's cover of a modern song, AWOLNation's Sail. I like this version a lot more than the original.

A classic cover which I definitely like better than the original is Metallica's cover of Whiskey In The Jar originally by Thin Lizzy:

I wasn't really a fan of the original version of Call Me by Blondie but I think In This Moment did an awesome job covering it, plus Maria Brink is smokin' hot in the video (even despite the tats):

It's really hard to top an Ozzy song and I don't think Device (with the help of Lzzy Hale) did top it but, they did do a good job covering Close My Eyes Forever:

And two covers from the same band that I think were great were Five Finger Death Punch's covers of Bad Company's Bad Company and The Animals' House Of The Rising Sun. It's also awesome that they're pro-gun and support the troops! I also liked the opening bit to House Of The Rising Sun with the badass diesel powered Rat Rod and the whole Mad Max-ish theme.

Bad Company:

House Of The Rising Sun:

I know I just rattled off a ton! Any other awesome covers you all are fans of?

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: Cover Songs That Are As Good Or Better Than The Original

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Another cover that does a great job capturing the emotion of the song is Shinedown's cover of Lynyrd Skynyrd's Simple Man:

Wow!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thread Information