Thread: Bin Laden death now part of Obama's re-elect message

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Bin Laden death now part of Obama's re-elect message

Bin Laden death now part of Obama's re-elect message

President Obama speaks at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in Austin, Tex. Tuesday. (Jim Young/Reuters)

Related

Obama's White House correspondents dinner act shatters YouTube record

At southern border, Obama calls immigration reform an 'economic imperative'

At Fort Campbell, Obama thanks 'quiet professionals' that carried out Bin Laden mission

Odds of getting Osama bin Laden barely better than even, Obama says in interview

Top of the Ticket: Half of Republicans polled still don't believe Obama was born in USA

By Peter Nicholas May 10, 2011, 4:26 p.m.

Reporting from Austin, Tex.—

Osama bin Laden, mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks, is now an applause line in a presidential campaign speech.

Bin Laden’s name came up a couple of times in Obama’s address Tuesday evening at a fund-raising event in Austin, Texas.

Early in Obama's appearance, someone shouted out, “Thank you for getting Bin Laden!’’

Obama said that was a “case in point’’ – a reason for voters to let him “finish what we started.’’

PHOTOS: The Death of Osama Bin Laden

Later, Obama ticked off what he described as his administration’s accomplishments: lifting the ban on gays in the military; bringing troops home from Iraq.

And then: “And because of the extraordinary bravery of the men and women who wear this nation’s uniform and the outstanding work of our intelligence agencies,’’ Obama said, “Osama bin Laden will never again threaten the United States.’’

The crowd roared.

While the president has basked in the success of the operation, Bin Laden's sons released a statement Tuesday criticizing the administration, saying the U.S. broke international law in killing an unarmed man.

In Washington, Vice President Biden, coming off another round of deficit talks, was asked by reporters whether Bin Laden's killing at the hands of the U.S. military was illegal.

"Are you kidding?" Biden replied.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Default Re: Bin Laden death now part of Obama's re-elect message

And we knew this was coming. No surprise here.

I have heard some rumors about how long we've actually known the location of Bin Laden. Months and months. This strike on him was to re-direct attention away from the birth certificate.

He pulled a Clinton.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Of course they knew where he was for months. How else could they build a mock up of his compound to practice with? Obama even slept before he made his decision to attack. Never forget that we are at war and the first casualty is always the truth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Of course they knew where he was for months. How else could they build a mock up of his compound to practice with? Obama even slept before he made his decision to attack. Never forget that we are at war and the first casualty is always the truth.
    Thank you Catfish. My point precisely. Sometimes I look at the obvious and just don't mention it in the hopes others will be intelligent enough to catch what I'm seeing as well.

If we spend our lives having to be told what to do, how to do it, and when to do it - as well as how to study, we never get any smarter.

I'm glad you saw it and I'm sure a couple of others caught that as well. Most, however, did NOT.

Those around me don't get it.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michael2 View Post
    Of course. It doesn't matter who would've been the commander-in-chief, if they had actionable intel on Osama bin Laden and his whereabouts an operation to take him out would take months to plan out and execute, if you wanted to do it right. But the other questions remain...
    It DOES matter. You mention below Saddam's sons. We got them soon as we knew their locations. There was no "waiting to see" or waiting for a good political showing. Bush whacked them instantly when he had intel pointing to their physical location.

It seems like Pakistan was holding him in a compound that was more like a safehouse or jail than a mansion....For years.
    I'm not entirely sure they knew he was there. America is a big place, and we could conceivably be hiding all sorts of evil people within our borders, close to military installations. In all seriousness, who knows who is living just out side of a military base? No one really.

I drive past one to another. My wife passes through several areas of the city to get to her job on a base to the north of the city. Who lives in those houses? I don't know.

Obama and Co. had his DNA matched very quickly.
    Ummm, so they said. A week ago I heard the White House was backing OFF on DNA evidence for some reason. I was in the middle of traveling however and didn't have an internet connection for a week so I don't know what became of that information.

The facts are we SAID we had it - now where is it? Who has it? How did they ID him so fast (in under 12 hours). They dumped his body in the sea somewhere and didn't bother to show the public anything. No pictures, no DNA evidence, no video to speak of, and now they are denying this was a live-video operation - which I find HIGHLY suspect in this case. They DO use video, they DO use satellite communications to uplink the data, there is NO REASON there isn't VIDEO except they are denying its existence.

Obama and Co. had Osama dumped at sea very quickly.
    Too damned quickly if you ask me. Photos. Show the video of the burial at sea. Show the video of the operation. Show his body. Show us SOMETHING. I don't believe this President, even if he is the President. Show us something tangible. He's lied about everything else, why would he be telling the truth now?

Bush had Uday and Qusai Hussein's bodies exhibited-pretty gruesome, but it worked-nobody believes they're still alive, do they? Or that they died in a gunbattle with US Forces on that particular day. And we showed Saddam's Necktie party too...Why not show Osama's sorry dead ass? I smell bullshit, I don't know what kind of BS, but I smell it.
    I'm pretty sure they are dead. Then again, I'm pretty sure OBL is dead too, or sitting in GITMO now. I'm of a mind they captured him and are lying out right about his death. His death is a cover so they can interrogate him alive - which I wouldn't be against actually, but just come clean about it. Waterboard him all you want, but tell us.

I suspect though that the hypothesis of Obama being a crypto-Moslem and his sensibility to that religion's adherants may go a long way to explaining it though. I read somewhere that any Moslem who delivers up another Moslem to a 'Kaffir' to Kaffir justice or death (no matter how evil that Moslem's deeds) is considered an Apostate who will go to Hell. That's why the Taliban could not deliver Osama up in Afghanistan....
    Who CARES what the Muslims think? I for one, do not. They do not police their own, and there are terrorists and murderers among them. Until they turn over the bad guys, they are ALL bad guys in my opinion.

Could this really be the possible reason, guys, for the anomalies around this event?
    I think the guy is alive and being held in some ship somewhere.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michael2 View Post
    My point was that if Obama is a secret Moslem, HE CARES. And thus if he's a good Moslem, he can't kill OR deliver up Osama. However, if Osama bin Laden was already dead, Obama and the Pakistanis could cook up a story that would get rid of Obama's al-qaida problem.
    But he certainly COULD lie about it.

below is quoted two different translations of the Koran about lying to cover yourselves.

[Pickthall] Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security. Allah biddeth you beware (only) of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying.

[Arberry] Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends, rather than the believers — for whoso does that belongs not to God in anything — unless you have a fear of them. God warns you that You beware of Him, and unto God is the homecoming.

This is taqiyya.

Taqiyya is a practice in Shia Islam and Sunni Islam, whereby adherents may conceal their beliefs when they are under threat, persecution, or compulsion.
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Fierce Obama SEAL Doll Released

Fierce Obama SEAL Doll Released

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 | Updated 11:45 AM EDT

By LeAnne Gendreau

Navy SEALs have become national heroes since news broke that they took down Osama bin Laden, so it’s fitting that the newest action figure from a Connecticut company is a fierce looking President Barack Obama as a SEAL.

The minute Obama said late on the night of May 1 that the U.S. had found and killed bin Laden, Emil Vicale knew which his action figure company’s would make next -- Rambama.

On Wednesday morning, Hero Builders released the Obama SEAL Team 6 action figure -- a muscular President in fatigues armed with an M1-A4.

Vicale, who owns the custom action figure company in Oxford, said the speech was a pivotal moment in the Obama presidency.

It was also a parallel to the speech that inspired the company in the first place almost 10 years earlier.

Obama Visits NY to Mark Bin Laden Death

On Sept. 14, 2001, Vicale listened to then-President George Bush’s bullhorn speech from Ground Zero and was inspired to create Hero Builders.

As Bush stood there, with an arm around the shoulder of a New York City firefighter, Vicale saw what he thought was the first moment that Bush fit into his shoes as president.

“I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you and the people who knocked these building down will hear all of soon,” Bush said as New Yorkers chanted “U.S.A.”

Almost 10 years later, Obama spoke the words that would make Vitale feel the same way: “Tonight, I can report to the American people and to the world that the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda.”

With that statement, another Hero Builders action figure is born.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

I'm sure many have read "Blackhawk Down", I have, 3 times. One thing from that book that always stuck with me is the video coverage. According to the book that was the most camera/video taped battle in history. That battle took place 16-17 years ago, cameras have only gotten better and smaller since then.

Thanks

Once again a new day and a new story. Drudge has the article from CBS saying there is indeed video footage. They are using it to try and reconstruct the raid. The seals were wearing helmet cams.

Thread Information