Thread: Thaddeus McCotter

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Thaddeus McCotter

Thaddeus McCotter has announced he is throwing his hat into the ring for the Republican nomination.

I don't know much about him except from what I've seen during his appearances on Red Eye. He's got a quick wit and he can play a guitar. From what I've heard, he's a bit on the moderate side. I've also heard he's shown some support for unions but that is a little hard to get away from coming from Michigan.

Overall he seems like an okay guy but I don't think he really has much of a chance. Especially since the field seems to be as crowded as it is.

Thaddeus McCotter To Join W.H. Race Friday
    June 30, 2011

Thaddeus McCotter will file paperwork on Friday to become the eighth Republican candidate for president, a McCotter adviser told POLITICO.

McCotter spent four days in Iowa this week and came away “feeling positive” about his reception, the adviser said. His presidential campaign website will go live around noon tomorrow, allowing the four-term Michigan congressman to kick off his long-shot bid on the first day of the new fundraising quarter.

His presidential committee, dubbed McCotter 2012, will start out with funds in the six figures, according to the source. The campaign will not have to file a full fundraising report until the fall. McCotter had nearly half a million dollars in his House campaign account at the end of March.

The source said that former Iowa House Speaker Chris Rants will serve as McCotter’s senior adviser in the first-in-the-nation caucus state.

Rants, who endorsed Mitt Romney early in the 2008 cycle, confirmed that he spent the week introducing McCotter to Iowans and the state of the race.

“Should he decide to run, I will be on board to help him navigate the Hawkeye state,” Rants said.

McCotter’s entry into the race is not a surprise: He recently spent $18,000 to purchase a desirable spot at the Ames straw poll this August. He told Radio Iowa on his visit to the state this week that he sensed little “ardor” among Republicans for the current presidential field.

Even before formally launching his presidential bid, McCotter has not shyed from firing shots at those already in the presidential race. When frontrunner Mitt Romney visited Michigan earlier this month, McCotter declared that “struggling families, entrepreneurs and workers can’t afford policies that make Mr. Romney and Mr. Obama less than rivals, and more like running mates.”

In an interview with POLITICO last month, McCotter previewed some of the themes of a potential presidential run: “The challenge of globalization, the war for freedom against terrorists, the rise of Communist China and whether moral relativism erodes a nation built on self-evident truth.”

McCotter is little known to Republicans nationally, but has a strong following among the conservative media in-crowd. Andrew Breitbart gushed about a potential McCotter candidacy to POLITICO in May, calling him “blunt, sarcastic, pop-culture-savvy, constitutionally sound and an authentic voice.”

McCotter, 45, will be the third sitting member of Congress to get into the 2012 race, joining Reps. Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann. He’s the former head of the Policy Committee, a GOP leadership position he yielded last year after trying to eliminate it in an effort to save taxpayer money.

A frequent guest on Fox’s late night show “Red Eye” and Dennis Miller’s radio program, McCotter is a frequent Twitter user who has said he believes emerging media tools could allow a candidate with less name recognition and personal wealth to be competitive in a national contest.

Thanks

Default Re: Thaddeus McCotter

Never heard of the guy, never seen him on tv. Never heard him speak.

Guess he won't get my vote (unless he blows away people like Cain and whatsherboobs)

Oh, was that SEXIST?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Odd...

Rep. Thaddeus McCotter Resigns From Congress
    July 6, 2012

Michigan Republican Rep. Thaddeus McCotter, who launched a short-lived White House bid in 2011, announced Friday that he was resigning from Congress, citing personal family issues.

"After nearly 26 years in elected office, this past nightmarish month and a half have, for the first time, severed the necessary harmony between the needs of my constituency and of my family," McCotter said in a statement. "As this harmony is required to serve, its absence requires I leave."

In March, McCotter failed to acquire the necessary amount of signatures to appear on the party's primary ballot to represent his district near Detroit. He initially launched a write-in campaign, but announced last month he would end his efforts, choosing instead to retire from Congress when his term ended in January 2013.

He was first elected in 2002.

Here's the full statement of his resignation, which McCotter posted on his Facebook page Friday afternoon:
    "Today I have resigned from the office of United States Representative for Michigan's 11th Congressional District.

After nearly 26 years in elected office, this past nightmarish month and a half have, for the first time, severed the necessary harmony between the needs of my constituency and of my family. As this harmony is required to serve, its absence requires I leave.

The recent event's totality of calumnies, indignities and deceits have weighed most heavily upon my family. Thus, acutely aware one cannot rebuild their hearth of home amongst the ruins of their U.S. House office, for the sake of my loved ones I must "strike another match, go start anew" by embracing the promotion back from public servant to sovereign citizen.

I do not leave for an existing job and face diminishing prospects (and am both unwilling and ill-suited to lobby), my priorities are twofold: find gainful employment to help provide for my family; and continue to assist, in any way they see fit, the Michigan Attorney General's earnest and thorough investigation, which I requested, into the 2012 petition filing.

While our family takes this step into the rest of our lives, we do so with the ultimate confidence in our country's future. True, as at other times in the life of our nation, we live in an Age of Extremes that prizes intensity over sanity; rhetoric over reality; and destruction over creation. But this too shall pass, thanks to the infinite, inspired wisdom of the sovereign people who, with God's continued blessings, will again affirm for the generations American Exceptionalism.

Truly, it is a challenging and fortunate time to live in our blessed sanctuary of liberty.

In closing, to The People of Michigan's 11th Congressional District, I can but say this: Thank you for the privilege of having worked for you."

~ Thaddeus G. McCotter

Thanks

Definately odd....
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information