Thread: Democratic Rep. David Wu Is Resigning in Wake of Sex Scandal

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Democratic Rep. David Wu Is Resigning in Wake of Sex Scandal

Haven't seen this get much traction in the mainstream...

Democratic Rep. David Wu Is Resigning in Wake of Sex Scandal
    July 26, 2011

Rep. David Wu plans to resign following allegations that he had a forced sexual encounter with a young woman last year.

The Oregon Democrat said Tuesday that he would step down pending "resolution" of the debt-ceiling crisis.

"The time has come to hand on the privilege of high office," he said in a statement. "I cannot care for my family the way I wish while serving in Congress and fighting these very serious allegations."

Wu cited the "wellbeing of my children" in announcing his decision. He also said his resignation would "avoid any distraction from the important work at hand in Washington."

The congressman had earlier told colleagues that he wanted to finish out his term and retire at the start of 2013. But House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi applied pressure to Wu Monday by formally requesting an ethics committee investigation into his actions.

On the sidelines, fellow Democrats gently counseled Wu about his future.

Rep. John Larson, D-Conn., told Fox News that he told Wu to look to past situations.

"I said recent events should guide him as to how things can unravel around here," Larson said, in an apparent reference to former Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y., who had to resign after a recent sexting scandal. "No one can tell him what to do. And he doesn't have many options."

The Oregonian first reported that a young woman had left a voicemail for Wu at his office accusing him of an unwanted encounter shortly after last year's election.

The Oregonian reported Tuesday that Wu told Larson he will eventually be "vindicated" and that he "did nothing illegal."

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Democratic Rep. David Wu Is Resigning in Wake of Sex Scandal

There would be more traction if she were underage. As it is, the early reports on this I came across did not mention the womans claim of it being non consenting. The result was my early understanding was it was consensual, but a difference in age group. Not evil, but different. Now the story has come out, but lacks the catch phrase items like Anthony Weiner's weiner etc etc.

How do you make a catchy soundbite for the news with Wu? Or is it because its coming to an election cycle and popular polls are being looked at sharply and this is being suppressed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Fiord View Post
    There would be more traction if she were underage. As it is, the early reports on this I came across did not mention the womans claim of it being non consenting. The result was my early understanding was it was consensual, but a difference in age group. Not evil, but different. Now the story has come out, but lacks the catch phrase items like Anthony Weiner's weiner etc etc.

How do you make a catchy soundbite for the news with Wu? Or is it because its coming to an election cycle and popular polls are being looked at sharply and this is being suppressed.
    If this pic ain't traction, I don't know what is:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by catfish; July 27th, 2011 at 02:50.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I had heard it hadn't quite been determined if she were indeed 18 when the relationship took place. Then again, might not be an issue depending on age of consent in OR.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

That Wu may be a "furry" is just foul itself and the pic is disturbing. I've seen it on Drudge of course, but cannot buy gas at certain stations anymore as thinking of a tiger in MY tank is just wrong, nor can I watch Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too.

Thanks

furries...

/chuckles

Sick.

Good riddance, and another one bites the dust...
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information