Thread: New Forum Requests

Thanks

Default New Forum Requests

I'll start this off by requesting a forum about the US borders or Mexico. Its a pretty hot topic right now. Something that would include immigration concerns, Mexican government, and potential ground invasion.

-Laz
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: New Forum Requests

Laz,
    Great idea for a thread!

I've now added a "U.S. Border Security" thread. I can't believe I forgot a forum for such an important topic!

If anyone else has any forum recomendations, let us know and we'll see what we can do!

Thanks

How about "World Affairs" to put France and Muslims rioting around the world into? I'm going to go ahead and start the continuation of the France thread from Anomalies in "Politics" though since Muslim rioting is there.

Thanks

Aplomb,
    How about I change "Politics and Politicians" to "World Politics and Politicians"?

Also, just want to let you know that I had already started a thread in that area about the Muslim rioting worldwide. You can find the thread here – Muslim Rioting Around The World. It only had 5 views so I can understand how it was overlooked! So, it might be a good idea for you to go ahead and merge your post with mine unless you'd like me to take care of that.

Thanks

"World Politics and Politicians"?
    Great!

Thanks

Okay! I'll go ahead and make the change.

Thanks

You know, Ryan, I was thinking...It might be nice if we had a forum for members to put some our written work into for development and critique and possibly even $$$ for publication after we help lend some observations and suggestions. Articles, fiction, historical reference, song lyrics, and whatever somebody might want to share with our group. I'd be game. Maybe we could even start one story together, just something fun to do until we feel like it's time to start another.

Thanks

Wow! That was fast. Thanks Ryan. Lolol

I don't see how to start a thread there though.

Thanks

Funny you should mention that! There is something along those lines in the works right now.

If you scroll down to the very bottom of the list of forums, you'll notice a new forum titled "Members' Forum".

The plan is to establish a sub-forum within there for each interested member that plans to make regular written content contributions to the site. They will be able to post their pieces in their forum for viewing and discussion. They can also have it featured on the actual site in the "Featured Content" section and make it available for download in Word format.

Right now, the forum is closed while we get the first couple of contributors lined up. Hopefully it will be open ASAP.

Thanks

hehehe. I saw that new forum before I pretended to suggest it. Just couldn't resist that, Ryan. Good addition here. Right on.

Thanks

This is not precisely a "new thread" request.

How does one edit their own posts? I'm not tricky, but I have distracting kids and sometimes get sloppy w/ spelling or format errors.

Thanks

Members have up to 10 minutes to edit their post after it is made.

This is to prevent members from going back and changing the content of their posts at a far later date. This was a problem on a previous board and by limiting it to a 10 minute window to edit we are trying to prevent the same from happening here.

To edit your post, simply click on the "Edit" button at the bottom of your post within 10 minutes of your having made the post.

Thanks

Good trick ryan. I'd rathe r read a sloppy post than try to figure out how somebody changed the conversation around. I can live with my mistakes.

Thread Information