Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Thread: Beer!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Beer!

I'm going with an automotive theme with this weekend's brews, originally unintentionally when I bought them.

Tonight's will be Broke And Broke Down from 50 West, which is local.

Poured bright gold into a Shaker with a moderate sized white head. Tropical fruit and citrus hops dominate the smell. Tropical and citrus hops also dominate the flavor but it's well balanced with malt sweetness. Medium weight, juicy body with a decently substantial 8% ABV. Very solid and easy drinking DIPA!

Thanks

And the second automotive themed beer for the weekend... Another of the 10w-40 family from Hi-Wire! This one is the [b]10W-40 Chocolate Macaroon

Poured black into a Snifter with a good sized, light brown head. Smells of sweet malt chocolate with some faint coconut. The flavor is definitely macaroon inspired with a lot of sweet chocolate and coconut with lactose and vanilla. Medium-heavy bodied with an 8% ABV. Another tasty variety of the 10W-40 family!

Thanks

Watching the world burn tonight with paradise on my mind.

Having a limited release from Kona Brewing, Mai Time Wheat Ale

Poured bright, slightly hazy gold into a Shaker with a good sized white head. Lots of lime and orange in the nose. Lime, orange, pineapple and a bit of wheat fill out the flavor. Body is light and crisp with an equally light 4.9% ABV. A bit carbonated. A good beer to kick back with!

Thanks

It's been a long, hot, and humid day here today... Just got home a little bit ago.

Looking forward to relaxing with a new brew from Sonder, Key Lime Frosted.

Poured a nearly solid gold (never seen that before!) into a Shaker with a big, foamy, white head. Has a scent of lime citrus, vanilla, and graham malt. Tastes exactly like it smells! Tart lime, sweet vanilla lactose and graham. Pretty spot on for key lime pie! A little bitterness on the finish. Very thick and creamy body and an ABV weighing in at 7.2%. Another nice brew from Sonder! Going to continue to be on the lookout for their offerings...

Thanks

Staying local for tonight's beer. Today the heat and humidity was even worse than yesterday so keeping it light today too.

A recent brew from Listermann, with a reference to some recent pop culture fun, Lager King.

Poured a clear, medium gold with a smallish white head. Definite malt and yeast smell, a little sweet. Flavors of sweet malt and yeasty with a little hopiness. Body is light with a little weight and a reasonable 5% ABV. I've never been the biggest fan of lagers, but don't mind them. This is what a good lager should taste like!

Thanks

Been busy the last couple weeks, some days more than most, and haven't had a chance to sit down and enjoy a good beer.

Making sure I do this weekend before I have to work on call next week.

Trying out a brew from CO compliments of my previously mentioned buddy who hooked me up before!

Trying out Deez Nuts Hazelnut And Peanut Butter Pale Ale from 105 West Brewing Company in Castle Rock, CO.

Poured amber into a Shaker with a moderate sized white head. Big smells of peanut butter and hazelnut! Equally big peanut butter and hazelnut in the taste along with a bit of malt. Body is medium weight with an equally medium 5.4% ABV. This beer is a peanut butter and hazelnut flavored beer, and that's exactly what it tastes like! Delicious!

Thanks

Decided to try another from my CO buddy he hooked me up with.

This one is Loveland Aleworks Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout.

Poured an inky black into a Snifter with a sizable light brown head. Allowed to warm some. Has a very complex scent of chocolate, roasted coffee, malt, some molasses, and oak. The flavor is much the same as it smells with all the flavors coming together very, very nicely. A bit boozy and finishes with oak. This has a nice heavyweight body and an equally robust 13.5% ABV. This is a really damn good brew from such a small brewery! Very impressed!

Thanks

Last hurrah before Independence Day on call week.

Doing a Clown Shoes brew I picked up a little while ago. This is their Banshee and the Beast Imperial Stout.

Banshee and the Beast is a blended Imperial Stout aged in Irish Whiskey and Bourbon barrels. Bold roasted malt flavor gives way to a smooth finish, abetted by barrel-aged complexity and the soft hints of Bourbon and Irish Whiskey.
    Poured deep black into a Snifter with a good sized light brown head. Allowed to warm some. Has a very rich scent of whiskey, oak, caramel, and chocolate. Will literally make your mouth water just smelling it in anticipation of the taste. Tastes just as fine as it smells. Plenty of whiskey, oak, and caramel in the flavors. More whiskey than bourbon, in my opinion. Makes no effort to hide its booziness. Body is heavy with a 10.25% ABV. Honestly, it seems like every barrel aged brew Clown Shoes puts out is just amazing and this one is no different.

Thanks

One last for the night... Another from my CO hookup from a new to me brewery.

This is Dragon Fire Barrel Aged Imperial Stout from Horse & Dragon Brewing Company in Ft. Collins, CO.

Poured pitch black into a Snifter with a big, light brown head. Allowed to warm. Has a very nice scent of espresso, chocolate, molasses, and dark fruit. Has a taste of oaky whiskey, dark chocolate, roasted malt, and mild booze. This packs a heavy body along with an 8.7% ABV. Pretty damn good brew from this brewery!

Thread Information