Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849

Thread: Beer!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Beer!

Tonight's brew comes courtesy of my Colorado connection and comes from Weldwerks Brewing Company. This is their Coffee Peanut Butter Vanilla Imperial Stout.

Imperial Milk Stout brewed with Peruvian Coffee from Zoe's Cafe, Peanut Flour, Milk Sugar and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans
    Poured black into a Snifter with a smallish, short lived light brown head. Allowed to warm some. A noticeable smell of peanut butter and cocoa along with some roasted coffee. The flavor comes in much more complex than the smell leads on! The taste is a great blend of peanut butter, very rich vanilla, cocoa, and some medium roast coffee all finishing slightly boozy. A wonderful flavor profile! The body is fairly heavy and the ABV comes in at a nice 10.8%. Really great brew!

Thanks

I picked up tonight's brew a couple months ago. It's a collab between Listermann and Windmill (whom I haven't had anything from before). This is Listermeme Milkshake IPA

Milkshake double IPA with Sabro, Simcoe, Pineapple, Coconut, Vanilla, and Lactose.
    Poured a hazy gold into a Shaker with a medium sized white head. Has a heavy tropical fruit smell accompanied by light coconut and malt. The flavor is pineapple, coconut milk, sweet vanilla, and light malt. Medium-heavy body with an equal 8.5% ABV. Pretty tasty!

Thanks

Going local once again to night with one from MadTree whom I haven't had anything from in a while. This is a collab with Grateful Grahams called S'More Gratitude Imperial Stout.

A rich yet balanced stout from a collaboration with local vegan dessert maker Grateful Grahams this beer has vanilla beans and lactose as well as cocoa powder and cacao nibs from local chocolatier Maverick Chocolate. Inspired by the classic campfire treat, this beer brings all the goodness with a lot less mess. Go ahead and get s'more.
    Poured black into a Snifter with a large, brown head. Smells of sweet cocoa, vanilla, and just a bit of graham malt. Flavors of chocolate, lactose, vanilla, and smokey malts. The body comes in thinner than I expected with medium weight with an equal 7.5% ABV. Not quite as sweet as I expected either. Overall, pretty tasty but would like to see a heavier body and sweeter flavor profile for a brew that boasts a s'mores like experience.

Thanks

Kicking off my last weekend before on call week, and after having an unpleasant day, with a top notch brew!

Tonight's is another in Epic's Big Bad Baptist family - Big Bad Baptist Reserve.

Big Bad Baptist Reserve is a blend of the three different 2017 Big Bad Baptist projects. This imperial stout with coffee, cacao nibs and coconut is aged in Whiskey and Rum barrels before being packaged in a limited run of 600 cases of 22oz bottles
    Poured ink black into a Snifter with a medium sized, brown head. Allowed to warm some. This has a nice strong scent of oaky whiskey, roasted malt, coconut, along with a bit of sweet toffee and chocolate. The flavor profile closely matches the scent profile in great proportions! The alcohol comes through pretty clearly. Has a heavyweight body with a robust 11.6% ABV. Just like the rest of the Big Bad Baptist brews I've had, this one is excellent!

Thanks

I'm bidding farewell to the weekend, with an on call week bearing down on me, tonight with a new brew from a new to me brewery.

Tonight I'm having Pumpkinville Latte from Ellicottville Brewing.

https://www.ellicottvillebrewing.com...inville-latte/

Ellicottville has long been a fall destination for leaf peepers and adventure seekers. Adding to the attractions and our best-kept secret is Pumpkinville. What a better way to share this hidden gem than with a beer! Brewed with locally sourced ingredients, including locally-harvested pumpkin, fresh-roasted coffee bean, and finished with seasonal spice & aroma. Big, bold & balanced flavor.
    Poured deep amber into a Shaker glass with a small, golden-white head. A great aroma of straight up pumpkin pie with graham, pumpkin, and cinnamon. The flavor also comes across as very accurate to pumpkin pie with faint light roast coffee and cream. The body is medium and soft with a 6.5% ABV. Got to say, this is definitely one of the better pumpkin beers I've had and I've always thought pumpkin brews are one of the tougher ones to get to taste good.

Thanks

Having another new one in the 10w-40 from Hi-Wire Brewing!

This is their 10w-40 Oaked Chocolate Macaroon Imperial Stout.

Oak-aged Imperial Stout brewed with chocolate, vanilla, coconut & lactose.
    Poured black into a Snifter with a large, dark brown head. Allowed to warm some. Smells of cocoa, roasted malt, a little coconut, and oak. The flavor is chocolate, coconut, vanilla lactose, and charred oak. Has a heavyweight body and a respectable 9.2% ABV. Another great showing in the 10w-40 family!

Thanks

Starting the weekend off with something local and seasonal. This is Listermann's Schwarzbier.

Poured black into a Shaker with a large tan head. The aroma is light but I get roasted malt and smoke. The flavor is pretty straightforward and just like the scent with roasted malts and a bit of char. Solidly medium weight body and a 5.5% ABV. Not really a complex brew but tasty and quite drinkable.

Thanks

Another Listermann start to the weekend!

Having a nice tall glass of Hatorade - Fruit Punch.

Berline Weisse brewed with Electrolytes
    Yes, it's got what plants crave!

Poured bright red into a Shaker glass with a sizable pinkish head that sticks around a while. Has a malty, fruity, and tart scent. The flavor starts of with a definite Gatorade Fruit Punch flavor with mild tartness and saltiness, finishes with wheat malt. Body is light, of course, and has a reasonable 4.3% ABV. Easy drinking and tasty! Quite the brew!

Thanks

New brewery, new beer tonight!

The brewery is R. Shea Brewing and the beer is Full Containment - Project Dark Angel

Caramel Macchiato Triple Oatmeal Imperial Stout - "Residents, the Evil has been expunged from the soil of our Great Land. Our guns have finally fallen silent after launching the 11th salvo containing two top-secret biological agents meant to destroy all remaining infestations. You are now free to return back to society. We thank you for your service."
    I feel like I've missed a backstory.

Poured deep, deep brown into a Snifter with a moderate sized tan head. Allowed to warm some. A very definite caramel macchiato scent with some malt to go with it. Super rich flavors of chocolate, coffee, and caramel. Quite sweet and boozy. The body is a big heavyweight with an equally heavy 14% ABV, explaining the booziness. Quite a decadent beer and a good first impression from this brewer!

Thanks

Going back to Connecticut Valley to try one of their NEIPAs. Tonight it's their X-1 Experimental Series.

X1 is the first in our Experimental Series and we are starting it off by breaking the sound barrier. Soar to new heights with this New England style Double IPA. The X1 showcases the Mandarina Bavaria hop so you can enjoy the sweet citrus notes that this hop has to offer. The aroma of Tangerines and gooseberries invites you to the amazing taste of Mandarin orange and lime. This is one that will have you wanting more and looking to the future of what our X series has to offer. It is limited quantity and taproom only.
    Poured a hazy gold into a Shaker with a large, foamy white head. Has a tart citrus, sweet tropical fruit, and light malt smell. The Mandarin orange and lime come through in the flavor along with a bit of berry and some bready malt. The body is medium weight with a 6.3% ABV. A very easy drinking and tasty IPA!

Thanks

Sadly I'm on call this week but this week calls for good alcohol so tonight I'm having a new, limited release from Clown Shoes: Josh the Boss Hog Barleywine

Our friends at WhistlePig only release a new version of The Boss Hog every so often. A world-class distiller testing the limits of technique and style with a limited release over a decade in the making? Here, take all our money. When the opportunity presented itself to age a beer in barrels that held their latest release of The Boss Hog, you could say we were a little excited. We’ve always admired WhistlePig’s whiskey and our shared commitments to pushing the boundaries of our respective crafts, and it felt right to combine forces for a truly special barrel-aged release.

This Barleywine aged in the same Japanese Umeshu barrels that aged The Samurai Scientist, the sixth release in WhistlePig’s Boss Hog series. With the strong umeshu and rye whiskey notes imparted to these barrels after aging each for over fifteen years combined, head brewer Dan Lipke crafted Josh the Boss Hog specifically with these barrels in mind. Full-bodied malt sweetness and the addition of plum puree in the brewing process made this rich base beer an ideal candidate for added layers of complex flavors from its time in these barrels. Cheers to WhistlePig, and to all the Boss Hogs out there.
    Poured a deep, hazy, amber-brown into a Snifter with a moderate sized white head. Has a rich smell of oak, sweet dark fruit, and whiskey. The flavor has all the profile of the smell. The whiskey and oak come through amazingly! Really makes me want to try some of this WhistlePig Boss Hog whiskey, very tasty! The body is appropriately heavy for the style and this packs an 11% ABV. Yet again, Clown Shoes turning out a masterful brew! A great brew if you're a whiskey fan.

Thread Information