Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Beer!

Aaaawwww yeeeeaaaaahhhh!

THAT'S how you know Summer is right around the corner.

Thanks

It was a hot one today ahead of the cold front that is supposed to push through tomorrow so I thought a lighter, refreshing beer was in order tonight.

This is one I had tried last summer and thought it was pretty good. Nowhere near as good as Oberon but still good.

It's Anderson Valley's Summer Solstice.

It pours a clear nut brown with a moderate white head. The smell is malt, sourdough, and slight creaminess. Taste is a lot of the same but with more of an emphasis on the cream. The sourdough flavor is fairly pronounced too.

Like I said, not as good as Oberon but a decent Summertime beer in it's own right though I'll probably only get the one 6 pack this season. Seems to be rated unfairly low on RateBeer in my opinion.

Thanks

Thursday is Margarita night at Jose Muldoons.... lol

No beer last night.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Saw Jerry Seinfeld with my wife last night at a live show at the Buell Theater in Denver. Started the night at a little bistro with a couple Fat Tires. Kinda lame, I know. But, better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Thanks

You know, Fat Tire is one I've been meaning to try. I've heard a lot of people say it's pretty good but New Belgium doesn't distribute to Ohio or Kentucky.

They apparently do distribute to Indiana so I may have to try and grab some next time I'm across the state line.

Thanks

Wait! You've never had Fat Tire?????

Wow.

Fail.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

hehehehehe
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Hey now, not my fault New Belgium doesn't have the foresight to distribute here! And I don't go to Indiana all that often because it is such a long drive for me.

We just finally got Yeungling about 2 years ago, I think. Their reason for not selling here is they didn't think they could meet demand.

Thanks

I'll try to remember to throw some in the trailer when we head east.

(BTW, the work is done I hope this weekend. I've got some small crap left, electrical plugs in the basement, a room to paint and some trim, the guard rail and hand rail and I'm finished. We're hoping to start interviewing realtors this week )
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Thanks

So CLOSE yet... so FAR!

LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

You need to Lobby your congress members to get a pipeline over to your place... hehehe
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Hehe

Thanks

You know, if I could figure out a way to get a beer line from one of the Rock Bottom tanks (it's a mile from the house) I'd never have to leave home. lol

Oh.... speaking of that. Jason Leeman, the brewmaster has left the house. He's headed to another store up in the South Denver area (haven't been there) and a new guy took over.

Before he departed the other night (a final tapping was arranged so he could intro the new guy to the bar flies and he could say good bye) he came over to my wife and I and presented us with the recipe for Irish Amber Class V ale.

It's our favorite beer. He set up the spreadsheet so we could brew five gallon batches!

He said he couldn't think of anyone else to give it too hahahah.

So we can make it ourselves now!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Haha! Awesome!

Thanks

Decided tonight was a good night to open up a bottle of something new I recently picked up.

Having a new one from Southern Tier, Compass

Pours a hazy, light gold color with a big, white head that mellowed out pretty quick but left a bit behind topping it off. Smell is heavy citrus hops. Flavor is very hoppy with with some citrus and bitterness. Southern Tier's says this is a beer with a high IBU but it doesn't taste like it. Also, this says it is a 9% brew but you really can't tell.

This is a light and crisp beer, definitely good for hot weather!

Thanks

Tonight I decided to open up another new beer I had picked up.

This one is Evil Twin's "Even More Jesus". With a name like that, how can I pass that up!

My bottle is a little different than the one pictured. Mine doesn't have the gold leaf lettering.

This one poured as thick and dark as 10,000 mile motor oil! It started off with no head but after a few seconds a thin one fizzed into existence and then quickly faded away. That might have just been because it got poured into a rather small snifter (it's the only snifter I've got, the others broke!) The nose is very strong alcohol and molasses/chocolate. No surprise on the alcohol as this one clocks in at a hearty 12%! Taste is malt, chocolate, coffee, and oak. There's a little bitterness but not much. This stuff sure tastes as thick as it looks! Interestingly though the alcohol taste isn't as strong as the scent would lead you to believe.

This is one complex brew! I like it though it is rich enough it is definitely one to enjoy in limited quantities. A whole bomber is probably best shared with another person.

Thanks

It's an on call weekend so tonight is light drinking. Tonight it is Founders' All Day IPA.

I have to admit, I bought this one solely for the label. It features a Grand Wagoneer and I love the Full Size Jeeps! To be honest, I wasn't too afraid of the purchase since Founders has a great reputation for their beers and this one was pretty good.

It pours a clear, deep golden color with a moderate off-white head. Smells just like a freshly cut lawn! Taste is citrus and some tropical fruits, some pine. Crisp. Noticeable bitterness but not overpowering, a good balance if bitterness in a beer is your kind of thing. Not a bad brew for the warm months.

Thanks

Just opened up a bottle of a Southern Tier brew I've had before but haven't posted about, Creme Brulee Stout.

(This is the old bottle design. The new one is slightly different. Even Southern Tier's site hasn't updated their picture!)

It's just hit the shelves this month after an absence. I don't know how long the release is though nor does the Southern Tier site say. This is the first beer from Southern Tier I'd had that ended up turning me on to them. As they say first impressions are everything and this one gives a great one!

Pours a dark, dark brown but not quite black. Thick. Fairly small tan head that fades fairly quick. Nose is a very pronounced and appetizing vanilla/caramel. Tastes like you are drinking candy! Fairly sweet vanilla and caramel with a very slight bitterness. It's rated at 9.5% but you won't taste it. This is simply delicious!

If you can get your hands on it, pick some up for an after dinner treat. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Thanks

I dunno about that one Ryan...

It just sounds... wrong, somehow. LOL

Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information