Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ryan's Thread Of General Thoughts And Musings

Thanks

Default Re: Ryan's Thread Of General Thoughts And Musings

Ryan,

Wow. I'm sorry to hear this. I hope they get the persons that did it. I'm sure it was more than one. Usually it is in the shit neighborhoods. Usually they are black. Usually they are younger gang members.

My hope is they get caught by someone else with a gun and meet their maker.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks all. Police initially said 2 people but they've now apprehended the shooter and are saying he acted alone.

Unfortunately he was taken alive.

One Arrested In Roselawn ATM Homicide

October 1, 2014

Yonah Israel

Police arrested a man involved in the killing of a 54-year-old ATM technician Tuesday in front of a PNC ATM in Roselawn.

Authorities arrested 36-year-old Yonah Israel Wednesday for the shooting death of Daniel Muscarella.

"(He had) no assistance, at this point we believe Israel is solely responsible fore the death of Mr. Muscarella," said Cincinnati Police Captain Elliot Issac.

Muscarella was working on the machine in the 7100 block of Reading Road just after 1:10 p.m. when he was shot multiple times. Muscarella was pronounced dead at the scene.

Issac said a verbal altercation between Muscarella and Israel took place before the shooting. He added Israel has an extensive criminal record reflecting drug use and violence.

On Tuesday, the shooting triggered a search for a garbage truck.

Officers said they initially believed Israel threw his handgun into the truck as it passed on Reading Road.

Police stopped and searched the truck on Hamilton Avenue, but no gun was found.

It was a combinations of tips made to Crime Stoppers, multiple interviews from witnesses and evidence gathered from the scene that led to Israel's arrest, Issac said.

"We thank members of the Roselawn community for coming forward," he said.

Joshua Gill, who was nearby when Muscarella was killed, said he's afraid for his safety while using an ATM.

"Nobody is safe," Gill said. "(Criminals) don't care if it's broad daylight or if it's nighttime. They don't care if somebody's got kids or if somebody's got a wife or a husband. They just don't care."

Also don't believe the bullshit from Cincinnati Police brass or Cincinnati politicians about the community stepping forward to help. They're full of shit. I have it on very good authority from someone who was on scene immediately after that there were a number of the local wildlife up at the police tape taunting the cops saying shit like, "Fuck you pigs," "That should have been you pigs."

Also, here's the shitbag's Facebook page, not that it has a ton on there: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...556852&fref=ts

Thanks

At least they caught him. It's clearly murder 1, so he'll do at least a few years and won't get some kind of plea to voluntary manslaughter or some other insult.

Has your company had any security discussions or updated any policies in the wake of this tragedy? Like "We encourage you to carry concealed", or at least offered ballistic vests for travel into black feral areas.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

So no help huh? I find that... "unusual". Maybe he'll meet an untimely end when he tries to run.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Sorry about your friend Ryan, I'll pray for him and his family. I hope that his murderer is brought to justice know that he's been arrested, in this life or the next he certainly will.

As an aside, I am so tired of the cultural psychopaths we are encouraging in our cities and towns; every single day I run into some that look at me with racial hatred and a desire to kill and rob me if they could get away with it. I think i'm going to get a concealed carry permit soon, whether I become ordained or not; "Let he who has no sword, sell his cloak and buy one" as Our Lord said.
    "God's an old hand at miracles, he brings us from nonexistence to life. And surely he will resurrect all human flesh on the last day in the twinkling of an eye. But who can comprehend this? For God is this: he creates the new and renews the old. Glory be to him in all things!" Archpriest Avvakum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    At least they caught him. It's clearly murder 1, so he'll do at least a few years and won't get some kind of plea to voluntary manslaughter or some other insult.

Has your company had any security discussions or updated any policies in the wake of this tragedy? Like "We encourage you to carry concealed", or at least offered ballistic vests for travel into black feral areas.
    There was a big branch-wide meeting yesterday. There was a senior VP there. I didn't have it in me to go. I spent the day entirely at home in a very bad mood. Another coworker recorded it for me but I haven't gotten it from him to listen yet but he gave me the bullet points.

The topic of concealed carry came up a number of times. The first time it came up the VP tried to sidestep it with something like, "It had been looked at in the past but studies of the industry found statistically it resulted in more fatalities." Besides the obvious absurdity on its face, one person asked, "What industry?" The VP reportedly responded that they were studies of the armored car industry. Well, surprise, we aren't armored car crews and, amazingly, every armored car company I've seen still arms their crews.

After it came up a couple more times with widespread support that techs should have the right to protect themselves as they see fit, instead of relying on $10/hr rent-a-cops to keep us safe (and God bless them for trying to earn a living but I know they aren't going to take a bullet for me when SHTF), the VP basically relented and said that corporate would definitely be revisiting the topic.

Here's the catch. I understand corporate being averse to the liability and insurance costs that willingly arming their techs would bring but, there isn't even any need to deal with that. Simply stop barring techs from being armed should the techs so choose. Don't actively approve of it, don't disallow it. Just take the Walmart tactic of saying, "We follow the laws of the states we are in." As risk averse as Walmart is, if that strategy is what they have gone with, you can rest assured their fleet of lawyers thoroughly vetted it. Not really that hard...

Thanks

Sometimes Ryan, it's sufficient to ask forgiveness than to ask for permission... you know?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I'd rather lose my job than my life, following on with the theme of the post one above mine.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I'll also add that this statement is probably true: "It had been looked at in the past but studies of the industry found statistically it resulted in more fatalities."

What it does not consider is who the fatalities are. I'm willing to bet, like all statistics, that this statement, while true on its face, misrepresents that situation. There probably are a lot more dead bad guys and a lot more alive good guys but the total number of dead is larger but by the same token, the number of good guys alive is probably also larger.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I just got an order of some police trade in Glock 21 13 round magazines I ordered (they were $12 each).

It was random selection/mixed bag. I lucked out and got 2 basically brand new Gen 4 magazines in the group of 5 mags I ordered (one had 2 tiny gold paint pen dots on the floor plate for, I presume, ID).

I also got 2 of these AWB Specials.

Ahh, the bad old days.

In all honesty, it's kind cool to have a couple restricted marked mags.

Thanks

An update to my friend/coworker's killing. I wish I could say I'm surprised.

Roselawn ATM Shooter Ruled Incompetent To Stand Trial

December 1, 2014

The man who allegedly shot an ATM technician earlier this year was found incompetent to stand trial Monday.

Police say Yonah Israel, 36, shot and killed Daniel Muscarella at a free-standing PNC Bank ATM in Roselawn.

Israel, who is charged with murder, will undergo mental treatment. Judge Nadine Allen set a hearing for an update on Israel's progress on May 27 of next year. On Oct. 27 the court ordered that Israel be examined by the Court Clinic Forensic Services. The examiner was to evaluate and report if Israel was competent to stand trial or if there was a probability that Israel could become competent to stand trial.

The examiner found that he is not competent to stand trial.

According to Cincinnati Police Captain Elliot Isaac, Israel and Muscarella engaged in a verbal altercation before the September shooting. Officials believe that Israel acted alone.

Isaac said physical evidence witnesses were key to the investigation. Authorities interviewed at least one dozen witnesses.

I guess that's our justice legal system at work.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Well that really sucks.

Thanks

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Not competent to stand trial? Ok, that's fine. Throw him into solitary until he's either competent or dead.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    Not competent to stand trial? Ok, that's fine. Throw him into solitary until he's either competent or dead.
    That's exactly what should happen. Instead he'll probably get put up in a nice facility where he's asked about his feelings all day or, more likely, he'll be released while he gets to undergo his "treatments".

This is now the 3rd murder this animal has been involved with and gotten away with. A 13 year old girl and some drive-by he was involved with.

Thanks

Sorry to hear, Ryan. He's deserving of .45 treatment between the eyes seeing how he's on his 3rd murder involvement.

Thanks

If he gets let out, it would be karma if a Diebold van accidentally backed over him.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Mr. Israel lives a hood life. Who can say what such an uncertain future holds.

Thanks

I dunno, might ask Michael Brown though.

Oh, wait, he can't respond any more. Never mind.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Driving and have Glenn Beck on the radio.

He's talking about current events with Russia. How he has thought the Soviet Union never really went away, none of the people who ran things really left power, that they just changed names.

You know, some of the same stuff a lot of us have been saying for over a decade now?

Hey Glenn,

Thread Information