Thread: Armed Home Invasions

Thanks

Default Armed Home Invasions

Please post articles about such things right here. The more we get the better (not the more invasions, the more articles).

I'm thinking we can compile a list of news articles and figure out what these criminals are doing to help others fend them off.

Here's the first from my area.

Armed Home Invasion in Palmer Lake

Posted: Dec 26, 2012 1:07 PM by JD Downing
    Updated: Dec 26, 2012 1:15 PM

The Palmer Lake Police Department is investigating an armed robbery which occurred on Wednesday December 26, 2012.

Approximately 3:15 AM the 911 Dispatch Center received an emergency call in reference to a burglary that just occurred on Gillia St. in Palmer Lake. The suspects left prior to police arrival, however, the ensuing investigation revealed that 3 suspects entered the home through a window. While the suspects were in the house a male resident woke up and confronted the suspects who were all armed with handguns. A struggle ensued and the resident received minor injuries.

During the incident the male resident was held against his will in a bedroom and a female resident and teenage child were locked in a bathroom.

Items taken by the suspects included household electronics and live marijuana plants. The suspects were described as three males wearing black or gray hooded or non-hooded sweatshirts, all of which were wearing dark bandanas.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Palmer Lake Police Department at [IMG]chrome://skype_ff_extension/skin/numbers_button_skype_logo.png[/IMG](719) 481-2934 .
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Armed Home Invasions

Mom hides children, shoots intruder Paul Ali Slater 5 times

Posted on: 12:06 am, January 6, 2013, by Web Staff, updated on: 11:25pm, January 6, 2013

Pinterest
    Twitter
    Email

LOGANVILLE, Ga. — A Georgia mother hid her two 9-year-old twins and shot an intruder, Paul Ali Slater, several times during a home invasion on Friday, according to multiple media reports.

The Loganville mother said she didn’t initially answer when someone knocked on her door around 1 p.m. Friday. When the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at work, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

He then dialed 911 and his 37-year-old wife gathered their 9-year-old twins and hid them in a crawlspace inside the home.

According to the report, the intruder then forced his way into the home and started “rummaging” through the family’s belongings.

When the suspect went into the closet where the family was hiding ,the woman fired six bullets at the suspect, five of which hit alleged suspect Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area.
    “He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver,” Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
    The woman fled to a neighbor’s home with her children. The woman and her two children were not injured.

Popular story: Representative reintroduces bill to abolish presidential term limit
    The injured intruder stumbled out of the home and attempted to flee in his car. However, he crashed into a wooded area and collapsed in a neighbor’s driveway, according to WSB-TV.

The suspect was arrested at the scene. He was taken to a nearby hospital and is expected to survive.

The victim’s husband said he’s proud of his wife.

“My wife is a hero. She protected her kids. She did what she was supposed to do as responsible, prepared gun owner,” Donnie Herman told WSB-TV.
    Read more: WSB-TV and The Atlanta Journal Constitution
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

She had a revolver and landed 5 of the 6 shots in the head and neck! THAT'S what we call gun control!

Thanks

Yup.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

She needs to learn about ammo control. 5 shots from a .38 to the head and neck? It must have been loaded with powder puff range ammo.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Odd that the guy is alive even with "powder puff" stuff wouldn't you say?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I don't consider it odd. I consider it proof that you should aim for center mass.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

haha. Ok.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

SUNRISE: 2 men shot in home invasion

January 08, 2013 6:45 AM
    ShareThis| Print Story | E-Mail Story

THE GAZETTE

One robbery attempt late Monday night in Colorado Springs didn't go as planned.

Colorado Springs police say one man is in critical condition and another is recovering from injuries after a homeowner opened fire during a home invasion in the 2400 block of East St. Vrain Street.

Police say three men broke into a home shortly before 10 p.m. Monday and the homeowner resisted. The homeowner got a gun and shot two of the men.

Police say there is no indication the homeowner knew any of the men and he was not injured.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/home...#ixzz2HOdEUrBV

===========================

Homeowner shoots 2 suspects during home invasion

KRDO.com Staff
    POSTED: 10:50 PM MST Jan 07, 2013 UPDATED: 07:00 AM MST Jan 08, 2013

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - A Colorado Springs man shot two suspects after they broke into his home Monday night.
    Police say three male suspects broke into the home just before 10:00 p.m. on the 2400 block of E. St. Vrain St.
    A man living at the house was home during the break-in. A struggle took place between the man and the suspects. The man got his gun and shot two of the suspects.
    The two suspects who were shot ran from the home. They stopped about one block away because of their injuries.
    The two suspects were taken to the hospital. Police say one suspect is in critical condition. The other injured suspect is in stable condition.
    The man living at the home was not injured.
    Currently, police do not have much information on the third suspect.
    Violent Crimes Unit detectives are investigating the incident.
    If you have any information about this case, you are asked to call police at (719) 444-7000. If you would like to remain anonymous, you can call Crime Stoppers at (719) 634-STOP (7867).
    Last edited by American Patriot; January 8th, 2013 at 15:00.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Teen girl assaulted in Springs home invasion

KRDO.com Staff
    POSTED: 11:07 AM MST Jan 07, 2013 UPDATED: 12:44 PM MST Jan 07, 2013

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Colorado Springs police are investigating a home invasion in the 3000 block of Michigan Avenue on Monday morning.
    Police told KRDO NewsChannel 13 that a 15-year-old girl was the only person home at the time. The suspect broke into the home, assaulted the girl and stole several items, police said.

The girl was taken to the hospital. The extent of her injuries is unknown at this time.

The suspect is described as 17 or 18 years old and Hispanic. He is thin and was wearing loose clothing including a grey hoodie. He also was wearing an orange mask, police said.

We're working to get more information. We will bring you updates as soon as they're available on KRDO.com and NewsChannel 13.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

not precisely a "home invasion" but a property invasion for sure... it didn't go very well for the bad guy. LOL

‘I’ll blow your brains out’ — Evergreen couple help capture fleeing car thief

Brenda Ahearn/Daily Inter Lake
    Evergreen couple help capture fleeing car thief

Mike and Amy Stephens, shown here outside their Evergreen home Friday afternoon, helped capture a man accused of stealing a car Thursday night.

Posted: Friday, January 4, 2013 10:00 pm | Updated: 8:21 pm, Fri Jan 4, 2013.
    By JESSE DAVIS/The Daily Inter Lake | 25 comments

The fevered flight of a Kalispell man being chased by Flathead County deputies ended at the point of a rifle Thursday night when a plucky Evergreen couple captured him outside their home.

Michael and Amy Stephens were enjoying their evening when they first saw deputies speeding down West Cottonwood Drive in front of their home, and then overheard on their police scanner that the man being sought by police was believed to be across the street.

Concerned for the safety of his 8- and 10-year-old daughters and that the man might be on their property, Michael Stephens grabbed a flashlight and headed outside. As he stepped onto their front steps and looked around, he saw 26-year-old Jordan Elliott, the focus of the frantic manhunt.

“When I saw him I just yelled ‘Hey,’ and he kind of froze for a second, and I don’t know if I decided to, but I just remember hitting him. I T-boned him into the lilac bush out there,” Stephens said.

Stephens put Elliott into a choke hold and yelled for his wife Amy to call 911. In the meantime, Elliott was able to get Stephens’ flashlight and started swinging wildly over his head, trying to hit Stephens in the face.

“He found me a few times,” Stephens said, proudly displaying four stitches in his brow and two more along his hairline.

But that was when the tables turned on Elliott, who must not have noticed the “Huntress” sticker on the back of Amy’s truck.

While on the phone with emergency dispatchers, she exited the house with her .243 hunting rifle.

She saw Elliott hitting her husband in the face with the flashlight and decided she had had enough.

“I told the guy, ‘Knock it off, I’ve got a gun and I’m not afraid, I’ll blow your brains out,’” Amy said. “He didn’t stop, so I took the barrel of the gun and slammed the guy in the face with it. Finally, he stopped and said ‘OK, I’m done, I’m done, you got me,’ and the gal on the 911 call said they were on their way and it wasn’t 30 seconds later they showed up.”

As she related the drama on Friday, Amy said she was amazed she acted with such a clear head — she thought she would panic if she was ever in such a situation.
    “I was just scared, because I didn’t know if that guy had a gun, you know, I didn’t know if he had something on him. And if he was able to get ahold of Mike’s Maglite then I’ll be danged if I was gonna take the chance of him getting anything and shooting any bullets,” Amy said. “So I threatened him with my rifle.”

She added that her reticence to pull the trigger had nothing to do with a lack of desire to do so.

“My rifle was fully loaded and ready to go, it was just that Mike was in the way and I wasn’t going to take the chance of shooting him,” Amy said.

THE STEPHENSES have now earned the title of neighborhood heroes, particularly from Amy’s sister-in-law, who lives next door with her husband and their five children.

Even before they confronted Elliott, the couple were texting everyone in the neighborhood to let them know about the manhunt and to be aware and stay safe.

“We know everybody in the neighborhood, we know who all has kids,” Amy said.

But the neighbors aren’t the only ones heaping praise on the couple.

“They did, I think, a very brave and amazing thing,” Flathead County Sheriff Chuck Curry said. “A lot of people would have just shut the door.”

While he had not spoken with the couple directly, Curry said one of his sergeants sent him an email Friday morning saying the couple needed to be commended.

“They really provided a huge help to us,” Curry said.

Far from seeking adulation, the couple was pleased they were able to make their neighborhood a little bit safer.

“I’m just glad to help out,” Amy said. “I’m glad we could help catch the guy. That’s one less bad guy on the street.”

POLICE INITIALLY began looking for Elliott at roughly 8:30 p.m., when a man reported his Honda Accord had been stolen by Elliott on Jan. 1, was going to be stripped at a place north of Glacier Park International Airport but was currently in a garage on Wishart Road.

County deputies located the vehicle on the road with Elliott at the wheel at approximately 10:20 p.m.

What followed was a high-speed chase that began at the north end of Whitefish Stage Road and continued all the way to Evergreen, reaching speeds of nearly 100 miles per hour. Spike strips were deployed at one point, but Elliott was able to avoid them.

The motorized pursuit ended about 20 minutes later, when Elliott spun the vehicle in the Evergreen Gas and Deli parking lot, striking a police cruiser. He bailed out of the car and fled on foot. The Kalispell Police Department and Montana Highway Patrol assisted in the search for Elliott before he was apprehended by the Stephenses.

Elliott was booked into the Flathead County Sheriff’s Office on preliminary charges of theft, criminal contempt, assault with a weapon, reckless driving, revocation of a suspended sentence, resisting arrest and eluding as well as several traffic infractions.

THE PRELIMINARY charges represent an escalation from Elliott’s less serious, albeit lengthy, criminal history.

In 2005, Elliott was convicted of felony drug possession for methamphetamine and was given a three-year deferred sentence. Less than seven months later, he admitted violating his sentence by using drugs and failing to report to his probation officer, and his sentence was increased to three years in jail and two years of probation.

Elliott was later convicted of felony drug possession for meth and was sentenced in November 2008 to three years of probation, to run concurrent with his prior conviction.
    Elliott was charged with felony robbery in 2008, but that charge was later dismissed, as was an alleged violation of a prior sentence in 2009.

Then, in 2009, Elliott was convicted yet again for felony drug possession, this time for the anxiety medication diazepam. Both of his prior sentences were revoked and he was sentenced to three years in jail on each, to run concurrently. He was also given a four-year suspended sentence for the new conviction, to run consecutively to his jail time.

His most recent conviction came in 2011, his fourth for felony drug possession after being found with oxycodone and meth. He was also convicted of a misdemeanor charge of possession of drug paraphernalia. That December, he was given a five-year suspended sentence, to run concurrently with his prior sentence.

A warrant for Elliott’s arrest was active at the time of the pursuit for an unrelated revocation of at least one of his previous sentences.

Reporter Jesse Davis may be reached at 758-4441 or by email at jdavis@dailyinterlake.com.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Another one here in the Springs:

SUNRISE: 3 sought for home invasion on West Cucharras

January 09, 2013 6:48 AM

THE GAZETTE

Colorado Springs police are looking for three people who broke into an occupied home in the 1500 block of West Cucharras Street.

The victim told officers that at about 4 a.m. Wednesday he heard a loud noise from the kitchen area and went to investigate. A man about 6-feet tall pointed a handgun at him, as the victim pushed the man out of his kitchen through the back door of the house, police said.

In the backyard, the victim spotted two more people who ran and jumped into a full-size Chevrolet truck and headed north on 15th Street.

Two of the intruders are male. The third is a female.

Police ask anyone who has information to call 444-7000 or CrimeStoppers at 634-7867. Tips can be anonymous.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/poli...#ixzz2HVUmvl7K
    Libertatem Prius!

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

You live is a pretty rough town these days Rick. All I see in my local papers is politicians and assorted thefts. Oh wait. That's the same thing.

Thanks

That's the thing Phil, I DON'T live in a bad neighborhood. That particular area was on the west side of town, and can get sketchy in a couple of places, but it's NOT a bad area.

(South of Platte, or Highway 24 is kind of bad in some areas, and there IS gang activity there, and I do NOT go there after dark without a gun and I DON'T go there if I don't have too)....
    Libertatem Prius!

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds about how I treat greater DC, but most especially SE DC.

Thanks

I lived on Bolling, know where that is ? Had to go outside through Anacostia sometimes. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Last weekend the news broken in on the weekend about a shooting or some sort in a home across town from me.

I knew the next day two people had been shot and killed but nothing more.

Apparently, as time went on more details came out. A Fort Carson Soldier and his wife were murdered on Saturday as they came home from shopping. A "burglar" was in the home and was surprised by them, and he shot each of them, killing them. The lady was expecting a baby.....

No arrests have been made - though they interviewed one "person of interest" and released them, now they have a suspect, 17 years old, wanted for murder.

No word on whether the gun used belonged to the victims or whether it was stolen or illegal yet.

I'd better NOT run into this slime ball in town... the cops better get him first.
    Police identify suspect in killings of Ft. Carson soldier and wife

No arrests made in case

Lindsay Watts, Target 13 Reporter, l.watts@krdo.com
    POSTED: 11:43 PM MST Jan 14, 2013 UPDATED: 11:39 PM MST Jan 16, 2013

Friends remember couple killed by burglar

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Police have identified a suspect in the killings of a Colorado Springs couple gunned down when they interrupted a burglary in their home Monday.

Police say 17-year-old Macyo Joelle January is wanted for 1st-degree murder. He's described as a black man, 5'5 with a thin build, black hair and a scar near his right eye. Police said January should be considered armed and dangerous.

If you have any information call Colorado Springs Police at 719-444-7000 or you can give an anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers at 719-634-STOP.

January is accused of killing 35-year-old Whitney Butler and 37-year-old David Dunlap. The victims were recently married and Dunlap was a Fort Carson soldier. Friends told KRDO Newschannel 13 that the couple was expecting their first child.

Colorado Springs police said the killings happened around noon on Monday at the couple's home at 222 Bassett Drive, near Circle Drive and Airport Road.

Monday night, police announced that they were questioning a person of interest in the case, but later said that person was not a suspect.

"Everybody's just heartbroken, devastated," said a friend of Dunlap's, who didn't want to be named. "He was always just a go getter, a hard worker. Always led you in the right direction."

The man said he was deployed with Dunlap in Germany in 2006.

"I don't think you'll ever come across anybody who has something negative to say about him," he said. "It's a great loss. He was a great guy."

Dunlap was a Staff Sergeant in the 4th Infantry Division at Fort Carson. He arrived at his current unit in Nov. 2012. According to Fort Carson records, Dunlap deployed to Iraq in June 2007 and returned in Aug. 2008.

Fort Carson sent out a statement on Wednesday:

"Fort Carson, the 4th Infantry Division and the 4th Combat Aviation Brigade are deeply saddened by this event and wish to extend condolences, and offer heartfelt thoughts and prayers, to the families, friends and fellow soldiers who have been affected by this terrible incident. Local army chaplains and Military and Family Life consultants stand ready to provide assistance to any family members or soldiers in need of support or counseling."

According to property records, the couple purchased the home in late October. Dunlap's Facebook page says he's from California, Butler's says she's from Virginia.
    Friends on Facebook mourned for the couple Tuesday, one person writing: "I don't know how to process all this, I mean a man survives multiple deployments then comes home where's its supposed to be safe and this happens to him and his family."

Another wrote: "I am truly crushed, and mad.... one of the Army's greatest guys was just murdered in Colorado Springs, Co. He walked in on a home invasion, and while he tried to defend his wife, he was shot and killed along with his wife. David Dunlap is one hell of a man, and a great soldier to boot, was always willing to teach and help. I will miss playing softball with him. RIP, you will never be forgotten.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Teen sought in killing of Carson soldier, wife

January 17, 2013 1:00 AM

Jakob Rodgers and Garrison Wells
    THE GAZETTE
    Macyo Joelle January
    Courtesy of CSPD

ALSO:
    • 'Nation a worse place' without slain combat vet, says friend.

A 17-year-old is being sought in the killing of a Fort Carson soldier and his wife during a burglary, Colorado Springs police said late Wednesday.

Police issued a warrant for the arrest of Macyo Joelle January on suspicion of first-degree murder. Police said January should be considered armed and dangerous.

He is suspected in the deaths of Staff Sgt. David Dunlap and his wife, Whitney Butler, who were gunned down Monday when they returned home and encountered a burglar, police said.

The Fort Carson soldier was a helicopter mechanic for the post’s new combat aviation brigade, and had arrived in Colorado Springs just two months ago, the post said Wednesday.

Butler had worked for Enterprise Rent-a-Car since 2009, said a Christy Cavallini, a company spokeswoman. After postings in Virgina Beach and Norfolk, Va. Butler transferred to the company's Colorado Springs insurance operations division two months ago, Cavallini said.

Dunlap's brigade is scheduled to get its first helicopters later this week, said spokesman Maj. Andrew Ruiz.

"It’s an extreme tragedy that’s going on out here,” Ruiz said. "We’re extending our condolences out to the family. I guess everybody's just trying to get through it right now.”
    Only about 850 of the brigade's planned 2,700 soldiers have arrived at the post, Ruiz said. Construction crews broke ground on the unit's first buildings in June. Most of the multi-million dollar contracts needed to build brigade facilities have yet to be awarded.

Dunlap, 37, was a mechanic for the AH-64D Apache attack helicopter.

He deployed once to Iraq, from June 6, 2007 through Aug. 6, 2008.

Dunlap and his new wife, Whitney Butler, 35, moved into their home at 222 Bassett Drive in October. They returned home Monday and encountered a burglar, who fatally shot both of them and escaped, police said. The couple was expecting their first child, a friend said.

Dunlap arrived at Fort Carson with the 4th Combat Aviation Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, on Nov. 16.
    He won several awards, including the Meritorious Service Medal.

“The Fort Carson community mourns the tragic loss of Staff Sgt. David C. Dunlap and his wife Whitney Dunlap,” the post said in a news release.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/colo...#ixzz2IFLhqxHW
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

This Home Is Proudly Gun Free!" Sign Stunt Hits the Left in the Bull's-eye By David Maccar Yesterday at 11:34am

Video of Congressional Staffers Refuse To Put Gun-Free Zone Signs On Their Property

Activist and sometimes undercover journalist James O’Keefe and his undercover reporter group Project Veritas pulled a stunt critiquing the concept of Gun-Free zones, that’s sure to make you smile, if a bit wryly.

O’Keefe formed a bogus anti-gun group, dubbed The Citizens Against Senseless Gun Violence, with a stated goal of “banning all firearms.” The PV group made up signs with a logo and the declaration at the bottom: “This Home is Proudly Gun Free!” They then took the signs to the offices of pro-gun-control lawmakers to see if their staff members would be willing to prominently display them at their offices and homes.
    The responses they got, recorded with hidden cameras, were illuminating. Check out the satirical video above.
    James Lewis, communications director for Congresswoman Barbara Lee (D-CA 13th), said he couldn’t put the sign up because, “I’m actually a gun owner.”
    Gregory Berry, chief council for Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX 18th), said “We would put the sign right out here in front of this office,” but when asked by the journalist, “But not at your home?” he responded, “No. I don’t have guns in my house.”
    “Well that’s good. You can advertise it though,” the reporter says.
    “I could, but I don’t want to,” Berry responded.
    Enlarge

Congressman Charles Rangel (D-NY 13th) didn’t appreciate being approached and walked away, refusing to take the sign. In all fairness, they did speak to him outside his home, apparently uninvited.
    Some skirted the issue. One intern flat out said that signs declaring a location to be gun free would make it a target for criminals.
    After some discussion, Erik Sperling, legislative assistant for Congressman John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI 13th) said he thought it would make it more likely for someone to break into his home if they knew for sure there was no way for the people inside to protect themselves.
    “So, you’re sort of saying you should have a gun to protect your home then,” the undercover reporter says.
    “Yeah, it’s a tricky thing,” Sperling says, adding that he’d want a sign on his boss’s house to say “Armed security, stay back,” because of his status. By the end of the encounter, he says, “What’s the thinking behind this strategy Because it seems to make the case for the (gun rights) side.”
    Watch the whole video at the top.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thread Information