View Poll Results: Shall we change the name of the thread to "The Death of the Global Warming Myth"?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 100.00%
  • no

0 0%
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death of the Global Warming Myth

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Re: The Global Warming Hoax - World's Greatest Scam

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/art...icle/196/6727/
    Inconvenient Thermometers

Audio Available:

March 3, 2008 - 13:01 ET

Surfacestations.org and this is a project that is photographing and documenting the quality of the stations in their placements around the United States.
    GLENN: All right, you sick twisted freak. We told you last week that there is a big global warming convention going on in New York with, all the scientists getting back together to talk about global warming, except this one is different. These are all the scientists getting together saying I don't think so but tonight the press just won't cover it. Tonight we're covering it as if it's the second coming of Jesus. We're spending a whole half hour on it. We have the president of the Czech Republic on with us and a couple of other scientists. Right now we have Anthony Watts on. He is a meteorologist and he is a guy who decided to look at all of the temperature readings because remember, temperature's going up. So he wanted to look at all the thermometers and every thermometer that is taking these readings and Anthony, what exactly did you find?

WATTS: Well, Glenn, I kind of stumbled into this. This was a project started on serendipity. I started out looking at paint. You may call seeing some of the early weather shelters that are housing the thermometers. They look like chicken coops on stilts that are white with slots and so forth. Anyway, to make a long story short, the weather bureau designed them back in the 1800s and they lasted until now, some of them still in use. They changed the paint in '79. A long time ago I had a conversation with the state climatologist of California about them and we wondered if the change in paint, the original spec was the old Tom Sawyer whitewash because they were designed in the 1890s and they changed the paint check in 1979 to latex. So I wanted to do an experiment about finding out whether that paint made a difference. The first thing I had to do was determine if, in fact, the stations had been repainted. So I went around to look at three of them in my area and the first one I went to had been automated but it had the radio transmitter, the electronics right next to the temperature sensor, six inches away and I thought that was really odd. Who puts electronics that makes heat next to the temperature sensor. I figured it was a fluke. I went on to the next station about 30 miles to the West Orland, California and it was perfect. Everything looked good. So I just assumed it was a fluke. And then I went to another station in Marysville, California at the fire station and it was a new design and I discovered that the fire chief parked his vehicle, radiator end, right next to the sensor within about two feet of the sensor. And the sensor was next to this cell phone building that they had put in there. They dropped in these portable cell phone buildings because the city had rented out space there, the fire station, for a cell phone tower and I could feel air conditioning exhaust from the air-conditioners cooling those electronics, blowing around the sensor. So I had two out of three now that said, wait a minute, these aren't good measurement environments.

So my project changed from looking at paint to looking at stations all around the country.

GLENN: And so -- and you did. And is it surfacestatistics.org?

WATTS: Surfacestations.org and this is a project that is photographing and documenting the quality of the stations in their placements around the United States. There are 1221 official climate monitoring stations in the United States operated by NOAA. The data that come from these is used by researchers worldwide and so it's extremely important to know what the environment that the temperature is being measured in.

GLENN: Okay. So now I'm looking at this and you have pictures and graphs and everything else and some of the pictures of the -- well, here's the picture of the one with the firehouse. I mean, it's -- I mean, look at that. It is sitting there on asphalt. I mean, who -- how much -- have you looked at all of them yet here in the United States?

WATTS: So far -- I have a volunteer organization and these are just people that are just interested in finding out just like myself, a volunteer organization that has covered a good portion of this, the network. We're now up to 502 stations out of 1221. We still have a lot of them to go, particularly in the Midwest because a lot of the stations there are located in the agricultural belt on farms and private ranchers and things of that nature and a little more difficult to locate and get to. But out of 502 stations surveyed thus far we found the vast majority of them to be out of compliance of NOAA's own published specifications for station sighting and these stations at the bare minimum, they have something called the 100 foot rule. The 100 foot rule says if you are going to place an official thermometer for use in measuring climate, weather, whatever, it needs to be 100 feet away from asphalt, concrete, automobiles, buildings and other such influences that might bias the temperature.

GLENN: My gosh, I'm just looking at some of these pictures on the website. You've got one in Oregon that is -- I mean, it's just surrounded by equipment and asphalt and it's -- is it on top of a roof as well?

WATTS: I think you may be looking at the one in Roseburg, Oregon?

GLENN: Yeah, yeah.

WATTS: Okay, that was taken by the state climatologist in Oregon, George Taylor, who was just recently under fire from the governor there.

GLENN: Yeah, I know.

WATTS: To step down because George was saying things the governor didn't approve of. Yes L with, yes, that one's on a roof. It's at a radio station in Roseburg, Oregon. It is on the roof next to an air conditioning unit and that is the official climate monitoring station for Roseburg, Oregon. And yes, it is used in the records.

GLENN: So what is the -- so what do you think the total variance is of, you know, plus or minus so many degrees Celsius? What is the error rate, do you suppose?

WATTS: Well, I can tell you individually about stations. NOAA has a reference that they do --

GLENN: You know what? I don't mean to be -- I don't mean to be rude, Anthony, but I'm being told I've only got about 10 seconds. Do you have a short answer?

WATTS: Short answer is I don't know the total for all the United States but I can tell you that things that are on a rooftop are typically going to read as much as 5 degrees higher.

GLENN: Oh, my gosh. Anthony, thank you so much. We'll look for you at the convention in New York. These are the scientists that are saying, wait a minute, hold your horses on global warming.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Weather Channel Founder Blasts Network; Claims It Is 'Telling Us What to Think'
    TWC founder and global warming skeptic advocates suing Al Gore to expose 'the fraud of global warming.'

The Weather Channel has lost its way, according to John Coleman, who founded the channel in 1982.

Coleman told an audience at the 2008 International Conference on Climate Change on March 3 in New York that he is highly critical of global warming alarmism.

"The Weather Channel had great promise, and that's all gone now because they've made every mistake in the book on what they've done and how they've done it and it's very sad," Coleman said. "It's now for sale and there's a new owner of The Weather Channel will be announced – several billion dollars having changed hands in the near future. Let's hope the new owners can recapture the vision and stop reporting the traffic, telling us what to think and start giving us useful weather information."

The Weather Channel has been an outlet for global warming alarmism. In December 2006, The Weather Channel's Heidi Cullen argued on her blog that weathercasters who had doubts about human influence on global warming should be punished with decertification by the American Meteorological Society.

Coleman also told the audience his strategy for exposing what he called "the fraud of global warming." He advocated suing those who sell carbon credits, which would force global warming alarmists to give a more honest account of the policies they propose.

"[I] have a feeling this is the opening," Coleman said. "If the lawyers will take the case – sue the people who sell carbon credits. That includes Al Gore. That lawsuit would get so much publicity, so much media attention. And as the experts went to the media stand to testify, I feel like that could become the vehicle to finally put some light on the fraud of global warming."

Earlier at the conference Lord Christopher Monckton, a policy adviser to former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, told an audience that the science will eventually prevail and the "scare" of global warming will go away. He also said the courts were a good avenue to show the science.

Thanks

I would like to take a minute to ask to vote to rename this thread.

I want it to be called, "The Death of the Global Warming Myth"....

Yea or nay?

Yea....

(Read the next article posted then vote)
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Researcher: Basic Greenhouse Equations "Totally Wrong"
    Daily Tech ^

Researcher: Basic Greenhouse Equations "Totally Wrong" Michael Asher (Blog) - March 6, 2008 11:02 AM

New derivation of equations governing the greenhouse effect reveals "runaway warming" impossible

Miklós Zágoni isn't just a physicist and environmental researcher. He is also a global warming activist and Hungary's most outspoken supporter of the Kyoto Protocol. Or was.

That was until he learned the details of a new theory of the greenhouse effect, one that not only gave far more accurate climate predictions here on Earth, but Mars too. The theory was developed by another Hungarian scientist, Ferenc Miskolczi, an atmospheric physicist with 30 years of experience and a former researcher with NASA's Ames Research Center.

After studying it, Zágoni stopped calling global warming a crisis, and has instead focused on presenting the new theory to other climatologists. The data fit extremely well. "I fell in love," he stated at the International Climate Change Conference this week.

"Runaway greenhouse theories contradict energy balance equations," Miskolczi states. Just as the theory of relativity sets an upper limit on velocity, his theory sets an upper limit on the greenhouse effect, a limit which prevents it from warming the Earth more than a certain amount.

How did modern researchers make such a mistake? They relied upon equations derived over 80 years ago, equations which left off one term from the final solution.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailytech.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

If you think it will make a better thread title, sure!

Thanks

Prominent Scientists Debunk Global Warming
    The Land of The Free ^ | 3/7/08 | Guest Author

The 2008 International Conference on Climate Change, which was held at the Marriott Marquise Hotel in New York City, concluded Tuesday. It got very little coverage in the dinosaur press, even though it was a gathering of some of the most prestigious and most learned experts on climatology from around the world.

The conference didn’t attract much attention from the dieing dinosaur media because it didn’t have any of the falderal that attracts the “journalists” and management of faltering old media. Plus, the scientists presented facts and scientific research that debunks the global warming hoax the dinosaur media helped create and is invested in perpetuating.

Rather than speeches and fear mongering propaganda films from a hack politician turned huckster, or outlandish suggestions from a geneticist turned broadcaster, the conference presented science from some of world’s leading climatologists and scientists in related fields, along with world renowned economists, and policy analysts.

Instead of David Suzuki, who isn’t a climatologist, he’s a geneticist turned broadcaster, and one of the leaders in spreading the global warming hoax, calling for jailing politicians who don’t participate in the hysteria or fall for the hoax, (Last month at a conference in Canada, Suzuki said: “What I would challenge you to do is to put a lot of effort into trying to see whether there’s a legal way of throwing our so-called leaders into jail because what they’re doing is a criminal act.”), the conference heard from people like Patrick J. Michaels, PhD, Research Professor of Environmental Science, University of Virginia, Robert Balling, PhD, Professor of Climatology, Arizona State University, James J. O’Brien, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Meteorology and Oceanography, Florida State University, and Dr. Yuri Izrael, Science Advisor, President Vladimir Putin, Russia, to name just a few.

Instead of Al Gore, failed journalist turned political hack turned con-man, the conference featured such academic heavyweights as J. Scott Armstrong, Ph.D., a professor at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, an expert on mathematical forecasting. Dr. Armstrong challenged the Gore to a $10,000.00 wager to see who could more accurately predict the Earth’s temperature over the next 10 years. Gore refused saying he was too busy.

But the biggest news coming out of the conference is the release of a report by the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change, “Nature, Not Human Activity, Rules the Climate”. This report is the most complete, up-to-date, authoritative summary of peer-reviewed critical positions with respect to “Anthropogenic Global Warming” issued to date, and debunks most of the junk science used to spread the global warming hoax.

This scholarly work comes with an introduction from Frederick Seitz, a physicist and past president of the National Academy of Sciences and of Rockefeller University who passed away on Monday March 3. In the introduction Dr. Seitz stated; “we do not currently have any convincing evidence or observations of significant climate change from other than natural causes.”

“Nature, Not Human Activity, Rules the Climate” should convince all but the most gullible alarmists the hysteria over global warming is not warranted by science. At the very least it exposes Al Gore’s outright lie that “the debate in the scientific community is over.”

However, the challenge will be to get wide circulation of this scientific report. The dinosaur media and charlatans like Al Gore have a vested interest in spreading misleading, fear-mongering, propaganda, and generating fear among gullible. They exploit that fear for personal gain. They don’t want the truth to get widespread circulation.

The good news is that as fewer people turn to the old dieing media outlets for their news, turning instead to the new media for news, the new media outlets are in a position to inform the public of the real science and the findings of the climate realists.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I've been driving around in "Global Warming" all day. In fact, we are expected to have up to 15" or so inches of it by the end of tomorrow. In some places there will be drifts of "Global Warming" as deep as 2'.

Thanks

Cry me a glacier. It was so hot, I froze to death. (Ok, not really but you get the point.)

Thanks

(SOW doubt... not SEW.... geez.)
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

It's fascinating watching the myth of CO2 as a climate driver fall apart. It's a TRACE gas. We contribute a few percentages to it and yet, we get doomsday articles like the following

http://environment.newscientist.com/...er-planet.html

Suggesting that only if we reduce all emissions to zero can we prevent runaway warming.

The real story is more complicated and more simple at the same time.

If you haven't read the recent article at American Thinker, here's the link. It's a good one. It shows how tenaciously beliefs were held by those who were certain that the Sun revolved around the earth. How when it didn't fit the model, they added epicycles...cycles upon cycles to it.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/...al_warmin.html

How can this super-cold winter happen? It's got all the faithful a little worried. Climate modeling teams all over the world are sweating 24/7 to deal with it. They are producing epicycles for their models, to hang on the warming story.

"Epicycles" are cycles on top of cycles. When traditional astronomy began to collapse in the years before Copernicus, True Believers reacted by adding lots of little cycles on top of the great cycles of the planetary orbits, to protect their faith. Trouble is, they had to add so many cycles on top of cycles that eventually, the whole system became a laughingstock. Ultimately you could explain anything you wanted -- after the fact.

The Polish astronomer Nicholas Koepernick -- called Copernicus -- pointed out that a sun-centered planetary model could get rid of all those epicycles with elegant simplicity. You only had to assume that the planets are going around the sun, not the earth. Suddenly all those cycle-on-cycle orbits simplified into near-circular ellipses.

Thanks

But think of all the grants and funding that will suddenly end if the myth is exposed...
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thanks

Not exactly global warming bull but, still environazi lies being disproven by cold hard facts.

Scientists Trash Plastic Bag Ban
    SCIENTISTS and environmentalists have questioned the case against the use of plastic shopping bags as based on flawed science and misreporting.

And in a blow to Environment Minister Peter Garrett's plan to phase out plastic bags by January 1 next year, questions have also emerged over the accuracy of a claim in a report carried out for the Australian Government in 2002 which said plastic bags were responsible for the deaths of 100,000 animals a year.

The report, later amended but widely quoted by environmentalists, actually attributed the deaths to all plastic debris, including fishing nets and equipment.

The Times newspaper in Britain has quoted scientists, including an expert who advises environmental group Greenpeace, as saying plastic bags pose only a minimal threat to most marine species, including seals, whales, dolphins and seabirds.

In January, Mr Garrett said he wanted to phase out the use of supermarket plastic bags by the end of the year and was prepared to consider a ban if necessary.

And yesterday, while denying a Sunday newspaper report that he wanted customers charged $1 per bag, Mr Garrett said he remained committed to a phase out by January 1 and would meet state government counterparts next month to consider "a range of options" which did not include a levy on bag use.

The claim that the bags kill more than 100,000 marine mammals every year is based on a misinterpretation of a 1987 Canadian study in Newfoundland, which found that, between 1981 and 1984, more than 100,000 animals were killed by discarded nets. The Canadian study did not mention plastic bags.

However, in 2002, a report prepared for the Australian Government by Nolan-ITU in association with the RMIT Centre for Design and Eunomia Research and Consulting Ltd said the Newfoundland study attributed the deaths to "plastic bags".

But according to the Australian Government's Environment Department website, the report was amended in 2006.

The figure has often been used by conservationists as proof that the bags are killers.

But in Britain, scientists, politicians and marine experts have attacked the British Government for joining an anti-bag "bandwagon" based on poor science.

Lord Taverne, the chairman of Sense about Science, said: "The Government is irresponsible to jump on a bandwagon that has no base in scientific evidence.

"This is one of many examples where you get bad science leading to bad decisions which are counter-productive.

"Attacking plastic bags makes people feel good but it doesn't achieve anything."

David Laist, the author of a seminal 1997 study on the subject, said plastic bags did not figure in the majority of cases where animals died from marine debris.

"The main culprits are fishing gear, ropes, lines and strapping bands," he said. "Most mammals are too big to get caught up in a plastic bag."

David Santillo, a marine biologist at Greenpeace, told The Times that bad science was undermining the Government's case for banning the bags.

"It's very unlikely that many animals are killed by plastic bags," Dr Santillo said. "The evidence shows just the opposite. We're not going to solve the problem of waste by focusing on plastic bags. On a global basis plastic bags aren't an issue."

Thanks

The Great Global Warming Hoax? (excellent)
    http://www.middlebury.net/op-ed/global-warming-01.html ^ | James A. Peden

Our planet has been slowly warming since last emerging from the "Little Ice Age" of the 17th century, often associated with the Maunder Minimum. Before that came the "Medieval Warm Period", in which temperatures were about the same as they are today. Both of these climate phenomena are known to have occurred in the Northern Hemisphere, but several hundred years prior to the present, the majority of the Southern Hemisphere was primarily populated by indigenous peoples, where science and scientific observation was limited to non-existent. Thus we can not say that these periods were necessarily "global". However, "Global Warming" in recent historical times has been an undisputable fact, and no one can reasonably deny that.

But we're hearing far too often that the "science" is "settled", and that it is mankind's contribution to the natural CO2 in the atmosphere has been the principal cause of an increasing "Greenhouse Effect", which is the root "cause" of global warming. We're also hearing that "all the world's scientists now agree on this settled science", and it is now time to quickly and most radically alter our culture, and prevent a looming global catastrophe. And last, but not least, we're seeing a sort of mass hysteria sweeping our culture which is really quite disturbing. Historians ponder how the entire nation of Germany could possibly have goose-stepped into place in such a short time, and we have similar unrest. Have we become a nation of overnight loonies?

(Excerpt) Read more at middlebury.net ...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

The Mystery of Global Warming's Missing Heat
    npr ^ | 1/19/2008 | Richard Harris

Some 3,000 scientific robots that are plying the ocean have sent home a puzzling message. These diving instruments suggest that the oceans have not warmed up at all over the past four or five years. That could mean global warming has taken a breather.

Or it could mean scientists aren't quite understanding what their robots are telling them. "I suspect that we'll able to put this together with a little bit more perspective and further analysis," Trenberth says. "But what this does is highlight some of the issues and send people back to the drawing board."

Trenberth and Willis agree that a few mild years have no effect on the long-term trend of global warming. But they say there are still things to learn about how our planet copes with the heat.

(Excerpt) Read more at npr.org ...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Default Re: The Death of the Global Warming Myth

By the way, this thread has a new name now.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

A complete list of things caused by global warming
    Number Watch ^ Acne, agricultural land increase, Africa devastated, African aid threatened, air pressure changes, Alaska reshaped, allergies increase, Alps melting, Amazon a desert, American dream end, amphibians breeding earlier (or not), anaphylactic reactions to bee stings, ancient forests dramatically changed, animals head for the hills, Antarctic grass flourishes, Antarctic ice grows, Antarctic ice shrinks, Antarctic sea life at risk, anxiety treatment, algal blooms, archaeological sites threatened, Arctic bogs melt, Arctic in bloom, Arctic ice free, Arctic lakes disappear, Arctic tundra to burn, Atlantic less salty, Atlantic more salty, atmospheric circulation modified, attack of the killer jellyfish, avalanches reduced, avalanches increased, Baghdad snow, Bahrain under water, bananas grow, beer shortage, beetle infestation, bet for $10,000, better beer, big melt faster, billion dollar research projects, billions face risk, billions of deaths, bird distributions change, bird visitors drop, birds confused, birds return early, birds driven north, bittern boom ends, blackbirds stop singing, blizzards, blue mussels return, bluetongue, brains shrink, bridge collapse (Minneapolis), Britain Siberian, British gardens change, brothels struggle, brown Ireland, bubonic plague, budget increases, Buddhist temple threatened, building collapse, building season extension, bushfires, business opportunities, business risks, butterflies move north, camel deaths, cancer deaths in England, cannibalism, cataracts, caterpillar biomass shift, cave paintings threatened, childhood insomnia, Cholera, circumcision in decline, cirrus disappearance, civil unrest, cloud increase, cloud stripping, cockroach migration, coffee threatened, cold climate creatures survive, cold spells (Australia), cold wave (India), computer models, conferences, conflict, conflict with Russia, consumers foot the bill, coral bleaching, coral reefs dying, coral reefs grow, coral reefs shrink , cost of trillions, cougar attacks, crime increase, crocodile sex, crops devastated, crumbling roads, buildings and sewage systems, curriculum change, cyclones (Australia), danger to kid's health, Darfur, Dartford Warbler plague, death rate increase (US), Dengue hemorrhagic fever, depression, desert advance, desert retreat, destruction of the environment, disappearance of coastal cities, diseases move north, Dolomites collapse, drought, ducks and geese decline, dust bowl in the corn belt, early marriages, early spring, earlier pollen season, Earth biodiversity crisis, Earth dying, Earth even hotter, Earth light dimming, Earth lopsided, Earth melting, Earth morbid fever, Earth on fast track, Earth past point of no return, Earth slowing down, Earth spins faster, Earth to explode, earth upside down, Earth wobbling, earthquakes, El Niño intensification, end of the world as we know it, erosion, emerging infections, encephalitis, English villages lost, equality threatened, Europe simultaneously baking and freezing, eutrophication, evolution accelerating, expansion of university climate groups, extinctions (human, civilisation, logic, Inuit, smallest butterfly, cod, ladybirds, pikas, polar bears, gorillas, walrus, whales, frogs, toads, plants, salmon, trout, wild flowers, woodlice, penguins, a million species, half of all animal and plant species, mountain species, not polar bears, barrier reef, leaches), experts muzzled, extreme changes to California, fading fall foliage, fainting, famine, farmers go under, fashion disaster, fever,figurehead sacked, fir cone bonanza, fish catches drop, fish downsize, fish catches rise, fish deaf, fish get lost, fish stocks at risk, fish stocks decline, five million illnesses, flesh eating disease, flood patterns change, floods, floods of beaches and cities, flood of migrants, flood preparation for crisis, Florida economic decline, flowers in peril, food poisoning, food prices rise, food prices soar, food security threat (SA), footpath erosion, forest decline, forest expansion, frostbite, frost damage increased, frosts, fungi fruitful, fungi invasion, games change, Garden of Eden wilts, genetic diversity decline, gene pools slashed, giant oysters invade, giant pythons invade, giant squid migrate, gingerbread houses collapse, glacial earthquakes, glacial retreat, glacial growth, glacier wrapped, global cooling, global dimming, glowing clouds, god melts, golf Masters wrecked, Gore omnipresence, grandstanding, grasslands wetter, Great Barrier Reef 95% dead, Great Lakes drop, greening of the North, Grey whales lose weight, Gulf Stream failure, habitat loss, Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, harmful algae, harvest increase, harvest shrinkage, hay fever epidemic, health affected, health of children harmed, heart disease, heart attacks and strokes (Australia), heat waves, hibernation affected, hibernation ends too soon, hibernation ends too late, homeless 50 million, hornets, high court debates, human development faces unprecedented reversal, human fertility reduced, human health improvement, human health risk, human race oblivion, hurricanes, hurricane reduction, hydropower problems, hyperthermia deaths, ice sheet growth, ice sheet shrinkage, ice shelf collapse, illness and death, inclement weather, infrastructure failure (Canada), Inuit displacement, Inuit poisoned, Inuit suing, industry threatened, infectious diseases, inflation in China, insect explosion, insurance premium rises, invasion of cats, invasion of herons, invasion of jellyfish, invasion of midges, island disappears, islands sinking, itchier poison ivy, jellyfish explosion, Kew Gardens taxed, killing us, kitten boom, krill decline, lake and stream productivity decline, lake shrinking and growing, landslides, landslides of ice at 140 mph, lawsuits increase, lawsuit successful, lawyers' income increased (surprise surprise!), lives saved, Loch Ness monster dead, lush growth in rain forests, Malaria, mammoth dung melt, Maple production advanced, Maple syrup shortage, marine diseases, marine food chain decimated, Meaching (end of the world), Mediterranean rises, megacryometeors, Melanoma, methane emissions from plants, methane burps, methane runaway, melting permafrost, Middle Kingdom convulses, migration, migration difficult (birds), microbes to decompose soil carbon more rapidly, minorities hit, monkeys on the move, Mont Blanc grows,monuments imperiled, moose dying, more bad air days, more research needed, mortality increased, mountain (Everest) shrinking, mountains break up, mountains taller, mortality lower, National security implications, natural disasters quadruple, new islands, next ice age, NFL threatened, Nile delta damaged, noctilucent clouds, no effect in India, Northwest Passage opened, nuclear plants bloom, oaks dying, oaks move north, ocean acidification, ocean deserts expand, ocean waves speed up, opera house to be destroyed, outdoor hockey threatened, ozone repair slowed, ozone rise, Pacific dead zone, personal carbon rationing, pest outbreaks, pests increase, phenology shifts, plankton blooms, plankton destabilised, plankton loss, plant viruses, plants march north, polar bears aggressive, polar bears cannibalistic, polar bears drowning, polar bears starve, polar tours scrapped, popcorn rise, porpoise astray, profits collapse, psychiatric illness, puffin decline, railroad tracks deformed, rainfall increase, rape wave, refugees, release of ancient frozen viruses, resorts disappear, rice threatened, rice yields crash, rift on Capitol Hill, rioting and nuclear war, river flow impacted, rivers raised, roads wear out, robins rampant, rocky peaks crack apart, roof of the world a desert, rooftop bars, Ross river disease, ruins ruined, salinity reduction, salinity increase, Salmonella, satellites accelerate, school closures, sea level rise, sea level rise faster, seals mating more, sewer bills rise, severe thunderstorms, sex change, sharks booming, sharks moving north, sheep shrink, shop closures, short-nosed dogs endangered, shrinking ponds, shrinking shrine, ski resorts threatened, slow death, smaller brains, smog, snowfall increase, snowfall heavy, snowfall reduction, soaring food prices, societal collapse, songbirds change eating habits, sour grapes, space problem, spiders invade Scotland, squid population explosion, squirrels reproduce earlier, spectacular orchids, storms wetter, stormwater drains stressed, street crime to increase, suicide, Tabasco tragedy, taxes, tectonic plate movement, teenage drinking, terrorism, threat to peace, ticks move northward (Sweden), tides rise, tornado outbreak, tourism increase, trade barriers, trade winds weakened, transportation threatened, tree foliage increase (UK), tree growth slowed,, trees could return to Antarctic, trees in trouble, trees less colourful, trees more colourful, trees lush, tropics expansion, tropopause raised, truffle shortage, turtles crash, turtles lay earlier, UK coastal impact, UK Katrina, Vampire moths, Venice flooded, volcanic eruptions, walrus pups orphaned, war, wars over water, wars sparked, wars threaten billions, water bills double, water supply unreliability, water scarcity (20% of increase), water stress, weather out of its mind, weather patterns awry, weeds, Western aid cancelled out, West Nile fever, whales move north, wheat yields crushed in Australia, wildfires, wind shift, wind reduced, wine - harm to Australian industry, wine industry damage (California), wine industry disaster (US), wine - more English, wine -German boon, wine - no more French , wine passé (Napa), winters in Britain colder, winter in Britain dead, wolves eat more moose, wolves eat less, workers laid off, World bankruptcy, World in crisis, World in flames, Yellow fever.
    and all on 0.006 deg C per year!
    Advice of any omissions (with sources) or broken links is welcome at warmlist@numberwatch.co.uk
    Note: All links were live at time of posting. Inevitably some will disappear, particularly from Yahoo News.
    Thanks to correspondents for additional entries; especially, as always, Our Man in Puerto Rico. Also, thanks to "Scraperguy" for the script to form the following:
    The dead link collection
    Africa hit hardest, anxiety, asthma, atmospheric defiance, bananas destroyed, boredom, cardiac arrest, challenges and opportunities, cod go south, cold spells, cremation to end, damages equivalent to $200 billion, dermatitis, desert life threatened, diarrhoea, drowning people, Earth spinning out of control, extinctions (bats, pandas, pigmy possums, koalas, turtles, orang-utan, elephants, tigers,) god melts, hazardous waste sites breached, human health improvement, lightning related insurance claims, little response in the atmosphere, Lyme disease, malnutrition, marine dead zone, mental illness (Alberta), mudslides, oblivion, oyster diseases, ozone loss, plankton loss, plant viruses, psychosocial disturbances, rainfall reduction, reindeer larger, riches, rivers dry up, rockfalls, salmon stronger, shrimp sex problems, tree beetle attacks, tree growth increased, tsunamis, walrus displaced, walrus stampede, white Christmas dream ends.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Gore Admits Financial Reasons for Advancing Global Warming Hysteria
    Newsbusters ^

Gore Admits Financial Reasons for Advancing Global Warming Hysteria Photo of Noel Sheppard. By Noel Sheppard | April 11, 2008 - 09:38 ET

For years, NewsBusters has reported on Al Gore's financial interests in advancing global warming hysteria around the world.

On March 1, while speaking at the TED Conference in Monterey, California, the Nobel Laureate admitted to having "a stake" in a number of green "investments" that he recommend attendees put their money in instead of "sub-prime carbon assets" like "tar sands" and "shale oil."

This occurred as pictures of such products appeared on the screen with names of the companies involved (video available here, relevant section begins at minute 15:00, h/t NBer Sick-and-Tired): http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/243

There are a lot of great investments you can make. If you are investing in tar sands, or shale oil, then you have a portfolio that is crammed with sub-prime carbon assets. And it is based on an old model. Junkies find veins in their toes when the ones in their arms and their legs collapse. Developing tar sands and coal shale is the equivalent. Here are just a few of the investments I personally think make sense. I have a stake in these so I’ll have a disclaimer there. But geo-thermal concentrating solar, advanced photovoltaics, efficiency, and conservation.

As Gore spoke these words, pictures of electric cars, windmills and solar panels appeared in multiple slides on the screen with company names at the bottom such as Amyris (biofuels), Altra (biofuels), Bloom Energy (solid oxide fuel cells), Mascoma (cellulosic biofuels), GreatPoint Energy (catalytic gasification), Miasole (solar cells), Ausra (utility scale solar panels), GEM (battery operated cars), Smart (electric cars), and AltaRock Energy (geothermal power).

As such, like an investment advisor or stock broker giving a seminar to prospects and clients, Al Gore was actively recommending people put money in companies he already has a financial stake in.

And, as he tours the world demanding nations stop burning fossil fuels, he will financially benefit if they follow his advice and move to technologies that he has already invested in.

I'm sure the sycophantic climate alarmists in the media will be all over this in the days to come...not!

—Noel Sheppard is an economist, business owner, and Associate Editor of NewsBusters.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Who will I vote for this year? How about anyone that DOESN'T believe in the boojum of "Global Warming".

Thanks

hahahahaha

So you're not voting then, I take it?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information