Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Clinton Arkancide and Suspicious Deaths During The Obama Administration

Thanks

Default Re: Suspicious Deaths During The Obama Administration

I'd point out that he slammed into a tree doing about 100 mph. That indicates no one was applying brakes. Not him, an adversary or a computer.

I'd also point out you can drain a brake system pretty quickly, cut the hydraulic lines, stick a spike through the master cylinder to get it to leak (drill a hole, whatever) or you could, if you had the means and were dirty enough, place a small, remote controlled device on those hydraulic lines to cut them when you CHOSE to cut them remotely.

Yeah, I suspect a true investigation would locate an "odd device" on a burned out car - if they had a clue what they were looking for.... and there was evidence left after that inferno.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Report Finds That Cyber-Terrorists And Hackers Could Break Into Your Vehicle’s Electronics, Even While You’re Driving

June 19, 2013

There is a whole lot more to today’s cars and trucks than simply twisting a key and pressing the gas pedal to get going. Today’s modern vehicle is as much a rolling laptop as it is a conveyance for getting from Point A to Point B.

Think about it: you punch in directions via an onboard navigation system, sync your smartphone, and rely on a myriad of driving controls that are operated by electronic connections. A recent report published by AOL Autos, and titled “The Scary Truth of How Terrorists Could Crash Your Car,” takes a look at the threats posed by the prevalence of software in automobiles.

But what exactly would someone gain from hacking into a vehicle? The article’s author, Pete Bigelow, says the reasons could range from simple car theft, to high level industrial espionage, and even a cyber-attack on multiple vehicles as they’re being driven.

“For a bad guy, there are a lot of motives,” explains Bigelow. “In hacking a single car, their motives could range from something simple like stealing it to something more complex, like eavesdropping on a conversation between executives of a high-ranking company through infotainment software.”

“In hacking into many cars at once, the motives could be more harmful, anything from stealing data, such as credit-card numbers stored in our iPhones, to a mass-scale cyber-attack that results in hundreds of accidents at the same time.”

Bigelow says the current threat is “more consumer-related,” and that car thieves are already using wireless software to unlock doors and gain access to vehicles. “In the not-too-distant future, the threat becomes more safety-related,” he warns.

“Already, in 2010 and 2011, researchers have found ways to hack into single cars and compromise safety-critical systems. They've been able to brake cars and turn the engines on and off. When wireless is more involved, the risks multiply.”

“Researchers at the University of Michigan have an ongoing study that's trying to keep 3,000 cars apart. What happens when a cyber-terrorist compromises the software behind this wireless technology and instead of wanting to keep the cars apart, wants to crash them together? That's a worst-case scenario.”

Bigelow says automobile manufacturers are well aware of the problem, though they’re rarely open to talking about preventative measures they employ. “Most [auto companies] won't talk about the specifics of their deterrent systems, because it's such a sensitive issue.”

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recently established a task force to combat the threat that hackers could pose to automobiles. Yet the current complexity of vehicles, not to mention cutting-edge work being done in the field of self-driving cars, only makes the task of keeping cars immune to cyber-terrorism that much harder.

“Software is entwined with our cars,” says Bigelow. “We typically think of it as most involved with our infotainment systems, but software is really involved in engine performance, brakes, everything. And anything with software is potentially vulnerable. It's hard to say what can be done to prevent it.”

Yeah, I know this is from HuffPo...

Was Michael Hastings' Car Hacked? Richard Clarke Says It's Possible

June 26, 2013

The peculiar circumstances of journalist Michael Hastings' death in Los Angeles last week have unleashed a wave of conspiracy theories.

Now there's another theory to contribute to the paranoia: According to a prominent security analyst, technology exists that could've allowed someone to hack his car. Former U.S. National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism Richard Clarke told The Huffington Post that what is known about the single-vehicle crash is "consistent with a car cyber attack."

Clarke said, "There is reason to believe that intelligence agencies for major powers" -- including the United States -- know how to remotely seize control of a car.

"What has been revealed as a result of some research at universities is that it's relatively easy to hack your way into the control system of a car, and to do such things as cause acceleration when the driver doesn't want acceleration, to throw on the brakes when the driver doesn't want the brakes on, to launch an air bag," Clarke told The Huffington Post. "You can do some really highly destructive things now, through hacking a car, and it's not that hard."

"So if there were a cyber attack on the car -- and I'm not saying there was," Clarke added, "I think whoever did it would probably get away with it."

Authorities have said that it may take weeks to determine a cause of death for Hastings, but that no foul play is suspected.

Hastings was driving a 2013 Mercedes C250 coupe when he crashed into a tree on Highland Ave. in Los Angeles at approximately 4:30 am on June 18. Video posted online showed the car in flames, and one neighbor told a local news crew she heard a sound like an explosion. Another eyewitness said the car's engine had been thrown 50 to 60 yards from the car. There were no other vehicles involved in the accident.

The fire was so all-consuming that it took the Los Angeles County coroner's office two days to identify Hastings' body, but Clarke said a cyber attack on the vehicle would have been nearly impossible to trace "even if the dozen or so computers on board hadn't melted."

Hastings practiced a brand of no-holds-barred journalism that tended to anger powerful people. His 2010 profile of Gen. Stanley McChrystal, published in Rolling Stone, was so damaging that it ostensibly prompted President Barack Obama to fire the general (the president denied that the article had a role in his decision).

In the days before his death, Hastings was reportedly working on a story about a lawsuit filed by Jill Kelley, who was involved in the scandal that brought down Gen. David Petraeus, according to the LA Times. KTLA reported that Hastings told colleagues at the news site BuzzFeed that he feared the FBI was investigating him. On June 20, the FBI denied that any investigation was under way.

"I believe the FBI when they say they weren't investigating him," said Clarke. "That was very unusual, and I'm sure they checked very carefully before they said that."

Clarke worked for the State Department under President Ronald Reagan and headed up counterterrorism efforts under Presidents George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. He also served as a special adviser on cyberterrorism to the younger Bush and published a book on the topic, Cyber War, in 2010.

"I'm not a conspiracy guy. In fact, I've spent most of my life knocking down conspiracy theories," said Clarke, who ran afoul of the second Bush administration when he criticized the decision to invade Iraq after 9/11. "But my rule has always been you don't knock down a conspiracy theory until you can prove it [wrong]. And in the case of Michael Hastings, what evidence is available publicly is consistent with a car cyber attack. And the problem with that is you can't prove it."

Clarke said the Los Angeles Police Department likely wouldn't have the expertise to trace such an attack. "I think you'd probably need the very best of the U.S. government intelligence or law enforcement officials to discover it."

Thanks

I thought i posted that already?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Which? It is possible...

Thanks

Both, I thought. Second one for sure.

No matter though, it's important.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Yeah, I thought I had seen the 2nd but wasn't 100% so I went ahead and included it anyway.

Thanks

I don't have a problem with it. I see things we all post and say "Didn't we already post that?" then I usually look and can't FIND it lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Police, Firefighters Ordered Not To Speak About Michael Hastings Crash

Posted by The Eye is Watching on July 9, 2013
    Posted in: Ramblings. Tagged: Michael Hastings. 1 comment

Police and firefighters in Los Angeles have been ordered not to speak to the media about the deadly crash involving Rolling Stone journalist Michael Hastings, fueling speculation that some form of cover-up could be underway.
    San Diego 6 journalist Kimberly Dvorak says she was unable to obtain the police report concerning the crash despite the fact that the LAPD already ruled out “foul play” days after the incident.
    A gag order has also been placed on cops and firefighters who both responded to and investigated the crash, which occurred in the early hours of June 18 in the Hancock Park neighborhood of Los Angeles.
    “When you go to the LA police department and you go to the fire department….they all said they couldn’t comment and some of them said they were told not to comment on this story,” said Dvorak.
    The journalist added that she talked to “military personnel” who commented that the inferno which consumed Hastings’ Mercedes was an extremely hot fire that “is not something you normally see with a car like this,” and that Mercedes itself was waiting to hear from the LAPD but has not been contacted.
    Dvorak also noted that the engine from Hastings’ vehicle was found 150 feet behind the car, contradicting testimony from two university physics professors who said that “the engine would go with the forward velocity of the (vehicle).”
    HIghlighting the absence of skid marks on the road, Dvorak said she was inclined to surmise that the car either malfunctioned or “there was something on the car that allowed that to trigger and blow up,” noting that Mercedes denied their vehicle could have exploded in the manner seen in the incident that killed Hastings.
    Dvorak also mentioned two separate academic studies out of the University of Washington and the University of California, San Diego which both detail how modern cars can easily be hacked and remote controlled, a premise also raised by former counter-terror czar Richard Clarke, who told the Huffington Post that the fatal crash of Hastings’ Mercedes C250 Coupe was “consistent with a car cyber attack.”
    As previously reported, questions surrounding Hastings’ untimely death have emerged primarily because the journalist was working on “the biggest story yet” about the CIA before he was killed.
    The writer also sent out an email 15 hours before his car crash stating he was “onto a big story” and needed “to go off the rada[r] for a bit.”
    According to colleagues, Hastings was “incredibly tense and very worried, and was concerned that the government was looking in on his material,” and also a “nervous wreck” in response to the surveillance of journalists revealed by the AP phone tapping scandal and the NSA PRISM scandal.
    After Wikileaks reported that Hastings had contacted them a few hours before his death complaining that he was under FBI investigation, other friends confirmed that the journalist was “very paranoid” about the feds watching him.
    Another close friend of Hastings, Staff Sergeant Joseph Biggs, told Fox News that Hastings “drove like a grandma” and that it was totally out of character for him to be speeding in the early hours of the morning.
    Hastings had made numerous powerful enemies as a result of his exposure of Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal in 2010, receiving several death threats in the process.
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Selective silencing: Was Michael Hastings murdered?
    Posted By Director On July 18, 2013 @ 5:50 pm In Featured News,Fifth Column,Globalist Agenda,Headline News,Media,News Headlines | Comments Disabled
    By Douglas J. Hagmann [3]

18 July 2013: Based on my research as a professionally licensed investigator with nearly 30 years of experience, I wish to be on record that it is my professional opinion that investigative journalist Michael Hastings was murdered. It was exactly one month ago today, on June 18, 2013 that Hastings, 33, was killed in a single vehicle crash in the darkest hours of the night on a deserted Los Angeles city street. According to official reports, Mr. Hastings was the driver and sole occupant of a 2013 model CLK250 Mercedes Benz traveling south on Highland Avenue at a high rate of speed when he reportedly struck a palm tree located in the median on Highland Avenue, near the intersection of Melrose, at 4:20 a.m. Pacific Time. Also according to official reports, Mr. Hastings’ vehicle burst into flames upon impact, incinerating the vehicle and everything inside, including his body.

Michael Hastings was a correspondent for Newsweek and extensively covered the war in Iraq. He was also a reporter for BuzzFeed and a contributing editor to Rolling Stone Magazine. It was in 2010 when he gained widespread attention for his profile of General Stanley McChrystal, then-commander of NATO’s security force in Afghanistan, in a revealing report titled “The Runaway General.” It was this report that led to the general’s resignation for his contemptuous remarks about Barack Hussein Obama and Joseph Biden.

Although Mr. Hastings became well known for that article and reportedly received at least one credible death threat as a result, I do not believe that it was his previous work that led to his tragic and untimely death. The following will explain why.

Collaborative effort revealed
    For the first time, I can publicly reveal that I’ve been working with a very experienced and well-respected professional investigator based in Los Angeles and licensed by the state of California. We began our collaboration on Friday, June 21, 2013 – about 72 hours after Mr. Hastings’ death. Since then, we’ve spent about 44 collective man-hours investigating the circumstances surrounding the crash that took the life of Mr. Hastings.

As our investigation is continuing and to avoid potentially compromising our continued efforts, we agreed that revealing his identity at this time would not be in the best interests of this investigation or for the security of those involved. After a review of findings to date, however, we agreed that an interim investigative report should be published.

Although this investigation has been a collaborative effort and we agree on the findings my Los Angeles based colleague requested complete anonymity, including interim references to any individual or collective analysis of findings. Therefore, the statements made in this report will be made in the first-person singular, with this writer presenting the findings as the public point of contact.

Summary of interim investigative findings
    Based on careful analysis of the findings of all research and investigation conducted to date, it is my professional belief that investigative journalist Michael Hastings was murdered. This assertion is made based on extensive analysis of the crash site (in person, on-site analysis as well as a review of the photographic documentation taken at the time of the incident that exists both in and outside of public purview), statements made by associates of Mr. Hastings, and a number of other factors relating to the official investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department, the coroner’s office, and other agencies and departments involved in the official investigation.

Associated with the above and contrary to public statements, it appears that the FBI, including but not limited to the U.S. Department of Justice might have played a role in directing parts of the official LAPD investigation. There is also an indication that the Department of Justice possibly sought and subsequently obtained certain records produced by the Los Angeles Police Department, the Los Angeles Fire Department, as well as documentation produced by the coroner’s office.

Additionally, it is my professional opinion that his death was the direct result of research being conducted by Mr. Hastings concurrent with or at the time of his death. While there have been references made to at least one credible death threat related to his 2010 report pertaining to General Stanley McChrystal, nothing was found to suggest any direct connection between that threat or subject and his death.

According to most recent investigative findings, it appears that Mr. Hastings made multiple contacts with sources directly associated with the illegal NSA domestic spying program, and either recently acquired materials and/or information about the extent of, the targets of, and the recipients of the information of domestic spying program. It is speculated that the latter information was of particular concern to as yet unidentified individuals holding positions of authority within the U.S. Department of Defense and their subcontractors, as well as certain parties within the Executive branch of the United States government. Investigation and research suggests that Mr. Hastings might have obtained, or arranged to obtain information pertaining to the role of a particular high-ranking officer within the U.S. military overseeing the domestic aspects of the NSA project.

Additionally and relevant to the circumstances surrounding his death, I believe that Michael Hastings knew, or had reason to know, that he was under both investigation and surveillance of the FBI as well as the NSA at the time of his death. According to information provided to this investigator, at least two agents reportedly representing the FBI contacted an associate of Michael Hastings for information related to his current and recent activities sometime between June 3rd-7th 2013.

These allegations appear to be substantiated by the following e-mail sent by Michael Hastings to two or more of his known associates immediately before his death (note: E-mail headers have been removed):
    —————————————-
    To:
    CC:
    Subject: FBI Investigation, re: NSA
    Hey [Name redacted] — the Feds are interviewing my “close friends and associates.” Perhaps if the authorities arrive “BuzzFeed GQ,” er HQ, may be wise to immediately request legal counsel before any conversations or interviews about our news gathering practices or related journalism issues.
    Also: I’m onto a big story, and need to go off the rada (sic) for a bit.
    All the best, and hope to see you all soon.
    Michael
    —————————————-
    It is important to note that following the death of Mr. Hastings, Laura Eimiller, FBI spokesperson based in the Los Angeles field office, emphatically denied that Mr. Hastings was under investigation at the time of his death. It must be emphasized that this denial is in direct contradiction to Mr. Hastings’ e-mail.

In addition to the above, research and investigation into the anomalies of the vehicle crash, including but not limited to the debris field and location of the components of Mr. Hastings’ vehicle, the actions of his vehicle immediately preceding impact were reviewed. Based on this review and information obtained from sources within the area of the incident, it is possible that a previously unreferenced vehicle operated by an unknown individual might have played a contributing role in this incident. The general location of that vehicle was positioned well ahead of Mr. Hastings’ vehicle, and is believed to have been stopped near the intersection of Melrose. Investigation into this aspect of the incident is ongoing.

Notations
    There has been much speculation about the cause of the vehicle fire itself, including its actual cause, its intensity, and burn patterns. While fires sometimes happen as a consequence of or secondary to collisions, analysis of both open source still photographs and video, along with a review of photos not publicly accessible are cause for concern regarding the exact cause of the fire. This matter, along with the post-autopsy disposition of Mr. Hastings’ body (cremation) will be addressed in a follow-up report.

There has also been much speculation related to the location of the vehicle’s engine and drive train following impact. This issue is presently undergoing further analysis based on related but unreleased documentation. Assessment of this aspect of the crash will be made public in a follow-up report.

The lack of skid marks from the vehicle’s tires leading to the area of impact was found to be of significance based on analysis of this scene. This will be also addressed in greater detail in the follow-up report as well.

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/ar...8961#more-8961

Thanks

Wow! He was really flying!

New Stunning Surveillance Video Shows Fiery Michael Hastings Car Crash

July 28, 2013

Newly unearthed footage captured on an Los Angeles restaurant’s surveillance camera allegedly shows the final moments before journalist Michael Hastings’ vehicle burst into flames on impact.

Hastings was killed after his Mercedes Benz smashed into a tree on Highland Avenue on June 19. His vehicle was traveling at extremely high speeds before the vehicle hit the tree and was immediately engulfed in flames.

The video was reportedly captured by one of the surveillance cameras at Pizzeria Mozza, a well-known pizza restaurant located just a few hundred feet from the site of the crash. The owner of the restaurant, Nancy Silverton, gave the footage to police the day after the accident, according to LA Weekly.

In the unsettling video, Hastings’ vehicle is allegedly seen speeding down the road seconds before the car wrecked and went up in flames. Watch below (Warning: Video may be disturbing to some viewers):

A number of questions remain unanswered in the death of Michael Hastings. Many are hoping that autopsy and toxicology test results will help answer some of those questions. However, more than a month later, the L.A. County coroner’s office has not provided an official cause of death or the results of a toxicology test.

The lack of answers surrounding the circumstances of the Hastings accident has allowed conspiracy theories to thrive on the Internet. The LAPD said they found no signs of foul play as the coroner continues to investigate.

Hastings, who was just 33-years-old, is best known for his Rolling Stone profile on Gen. Stanley McChrystal, which ultimately forced his resignation.

Thanks

Hackers Hijack Software In A Car And Remotely Control The Steering, Brakes And Horn Using A Laptop

July 25, 2013

Forget hacking accounts, computers or mobile devices - security engineers from Indiana have managed to hack the software inside the Toyota Prius and Ford Escape.

Using a laptop wirelessly connected to the car's electronics, Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek were able to remotely control the brakes, the accelerate, change the speedometer, switch the headlights on and off, tighten the seatbelts and even blast the horn.

The project was funded by a grant from the U.S Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency to highlight the security risks affecting modern-day cars.

Miller, a security engineer at Twitter, and Valasek, Director of Security Intelligence at IOActive, are due to officially announce their findings at the Def Con 21 conference in Vegas the weekend of the 1-3 August.

However, they have given Forbes journalist Andy Greenberg a preview by taking him for a test ride in their hijacked vehicle.

According to Greenberg, the majority of American car manufacturers provide a mobile or Wi-Fi network in their vehicles.

Many cars additionally come with built-in software that runs on an operating system in a similar way to phones and computers.

These include the 2010 models of the Ford Escape running the Ford SYNC software, and the Toyota Prius' Safety Connect.

By hacking this network and exploiting Bluetooth bugs this software becomes hackable and makes it possible to send remote code executions from a mobile device.

During his hour-long test drive, Miller and Valasek demonstrated to Greenberg they could send commands from their laptop to accelerate to high speeds before slamming the brakes on.

The pair also disabled the power steering, tricked the GPS into thinking it was in a different location, adjusted the speedometer and honk the horn - all remotely.

The steering, for example, was hacked by exploiting the Toyota and Ford's self-parking features.

Toyota said 'it isn't impressed' with Miller and Valasek's hack and claimed its systems were robust and secure.

A Ford spokesman said they were taking the hack 'very seriously'.

Researchers from the University of Washington and the University of California, San Diego were the first to publish findings into hacking software in cars in 2010.

Valasek told Greenberg: 'Academics have shown you can get remote code execution. We showed you can do a lot of crazy things once you’re inside.'

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Something is going on here and it's not good.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

This guy was killed by the government.

Thanks

Hmmmmm Coincidence?

Famed hacker Barnaby Jack dies a week before hacking convention

By Jim Finkle

BOSTON | Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:13pm EDT

(Reuters) - Barnaby Jack, a celebrated computer hacker who forced bank ATMs to spit out cash and sparked safety improvements in medical devices, died in San Francisco, a week before he was due to make a high-profile presentation at a hacking conference.

The New Zealand-born Jack, 35, was found dead on Thursday evening by "a loved one" at an apartment in San Francisco's Nob Hill neighborhood, according to a police spokesman. He would not say what caused Jack's death but said police had ruled out foul play.

The San Francisco Medical Examiner's Office said it was conducting an autopsy, although it could be a month before the cause of death is determined.

Jack was one of the world's most prominent "white hat" hackers - those who use their technical skills to find security holes before criminals can exploit them.

His genius was finding bugs in the tiny computers embedded in equipment, such as medical devices and cash machines. He often received standing ovations at conferences for his creativity and showmanship while his research forced equipment makers to fix bugs in their software.

Jack had planned to demonstrate his techniques to hack into pacemakers and implanted defibrillators at the Black Hat hackers convention in Las Vegas next Thursday. He told Reuters last week that he could kill a man from 30 feet away by attacking an implanted heart device.

"He was passionate about finding security bugs before the bad guys," said long-time security industry executive Stuart McClure, who gave Jack one of his first jobs and also had worked with him at Intel Inc's McAfee, the computer security company.

"He was one of those people who was put on this earth to find vulnerabilities that can be exploited in a malicious way to hurt people," McClure said.

Jack became one of the world's most famous hackers after a 2010 demonstration of "Jackpotting" - getting ATMs to spew out bills. (reut.rs/gIGXVq) A clip of his presentation has been viewed more than 2.6 million times on YouTube.

Two years ago, Jack turned his attention to medical devices, while working on a team at McAfee that engineered methods for attacking insulin pumps. Their research prompted medical device maker Medtronic Inc to revamp the way it designs its products. (reut.rs/sM9mTE)

The U.S. government also noticed Jack's work.

"The work that Barnaby Jack and others have done to highlight some of these vulnerabilities has contributed importantly to progress in the field," said William Maisel, deputy director for science at the Food and Drug Administration's Center for Devices and Radiological Health.

Jack's passion for hacking sometimes got him into trouble.

In 2012, he connected his laptop to a gold bullion dispensing machine at a casino in Abu Dhabi, according to fellow hacker Tiffany Strauchs Rad. She said Jack had permission from a hotel manager to hack the machine but security intervened.

It turned out the hotel did not actually own the gold machine and the American Embassy had to be called in to help resolve the misunderstanding, Rad said.

"He would hack everything he touched, she said.

"BELOVED PIRATE"

Jack's most recent employer, the cyber security consulting firm IOActive Inc, said on its Twitter account: "Lost but never forgotten our beloved pirate, Barnaby Jack has passed."

Jack had been scheduled to present his research on heart devices at Black Hat on August 1. Last week, Jack told Reuters he had devised a way to hack into a wireless communications system that linked implanted pacemakers and defibrillators with bedside monitors that gather information about their operations.

"I'm sure there could be lethal consequences," Jack said in a phone interview.

He declined to name the manufacturer of the device but said he was working with that company to figure out how to prevent malicious attacks on heart patients.

Jack's sudden death drew responses from the hacking community reminiscent of those that followed the suicide of hacker activist Aaron Swartz in January.

Dan Kaminsky, a well-known hacker, described the death as a tragedy. "Barnaby was one of the most creative, energetic, diverse researchers in our field," he said.

"You'll be missed, bro," tweeted another well-known hacker Dino Dai Zovi.

Jack's sister, Amberleigh Jack, who lives in New Zealand, told Reuters her brother was 35 years old. She declined to comment further, saying she needed time to grieve.

Black Hat said that it will not replace Jack's session at the conference, saying the hour would be left vacant for conference attendees to commemorate his life and work.

Thanks

by wkchild

Hacker Mysteriously Dies Before He Reveals How to Remotely Kill a Man

Barnaby Jack, director of embedded device security at IOActive, has mysteriously died after he revealed that he knew of a technique for hacking into implanted heart devices that “could kill a man from 30 feet away.”
    Jack said that he was sure this technology “could [have] lethal consequences.”
    Jack was supposed to speak at the Black Hat convention to be held in San Francisco where he was expected to demonstrate his knowledge.
    This conference is supported by tech giants such as:
    • IBM
    • Microsoft
    • FireEye
    • Tripwire
    • RSA
    The Medical Examiner’s Office in San Francisco has confirmed that Jack died; but has not released details on the cause of death.
    Immediately, the local police ruled out foul play in Jack’s death.
    Jack told mainstream media in his last interview that he “had devised a way to attack heart patients by hacking into a wireless communications system that links implanted pacemakers and defibrillators with bedside monitors that gather information about their operations.”
    Jack is most well known for having exposed how ATM’s could be manipulated to spit out cash, called “Jackpotting”.
    In researching how vulnerable a new model of wireless pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs), Jack “created software for research purposes that will wirelessly scan for new model ICDs and pacemakers without the need for a serial or model number. The software then allows one to rewrite the firmware on the devices, modify settings and parameters, and in the case of ICDs, deliver high-voltage shocks remotely.”
    Read More @ occupycorporatism.com

Thanks

Scientists Demonstrate Deadly WiFi Pacemaker Hack

With the right kit and a little know-how, it is possible to hack into a pacemaker and take control. According to US researchers from the Medical Device Security Center, this is feasible because many pacemakers contain a radio designed to allow reprogramming of the heart-control devices.

The radio’s signal is unencrypted, allowing a malicious attacker to turn off the pacemaker completely or deliver a shock to the heart which would cause ventricular fibrillation and thereby a cardiac arrest. The kit required is specialist and expensive, and an attacker would need to be in close physical proximity to the victim, but the possibility is very real.

The researchers didn’t test on a live pacemaker wearer. Instead they put the target device into a bag of meat, which is much the same thing. The link below will take you to a PDF of the research paper.

Research Paper [Secure Medicine via the Register]

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    The U.S. government also noticed Jack's work.
    Not good.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

AConservativeEdge
    Right On The News

BREAKING: CIA Director Brennan Confirmed as Reporter Michael Hastings Next Target

Posted on August 12, 2013

CIA Director Brennan Confirmed as Reporter Michael Hastings Next Target.

This week Elise Jordan, wife of famed journalist Michael Hastings, who recently died under suspicious circumstances, corroborated this reporter’s sources that CIA Director, John Brennan was Hastings next exposé project (CNN clip).

Last month a source provided San Diego 6 News with an alarming email hacked from super secret CIA contractor Stratfor’s President Fred Burton. The email (link here) was posted on WikiLeaks and alleged that then Obama counter-terrorism Czar Brennan, was in charge of the government’s continued crackdown or witch-hunt on investigative journalists.

After providing the Stratfor email to the CIA for comment, the spymaster’s spokesperson responded in lightning speed. Two emails were received; one acknowledging Hastings was working on a CIA story and the other said, “Without commenting on information disseminated by WikiLeaks, any suggestion that Director Brennan has ever attempted to infringe on constitutionally-protected press freedoms is offensive and baseless.”

The emails also prompted a phone from CIA media spokesman Todd Ebitz. He said they were saddened by Michael’s death and reiterated their position that they had a cordial working relationship with the investigative reporter.

On the other hand, Stratfor, specifically Fred Burton, remains nonresponsive.

As for Hastings’ final story, his wife said Rolling Stone would publish the Brennan piece in an upcoming edition of the magazine.

Thanks

CIA Director Brennan Confirmed as Reporter Michael Hastings Next Target

By Kimberly Dvorak

Created: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:51:00 PST

Updated: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:57:18 PST

This week Elise Jordan, wife of famed journalist Michael Hastings, who recently died under suspicious circumstances, corroborated this reporter's sources that CIA Director, John Brennan was Hastings next exposé project (CNN clip).

Last month a source provided San Diego 6 News with an alarming email hacked from super secret CIA contractor Stratfor’s President Fred Burton. The email (link here) was posted on WikiLeaks and alleged that then Obama counter-terrorism Czar Brennan, was in charge of the government's continued crackdown or witch-hunt on investigative journalists.

After providing the Stratfor email to the CIA for comment, the spymaster's spokesperson responded in lightning speed. Two emails were received; one acknowledging Hastings was working on a CIA story and the other said, “Without commenting on information disseminated by WikiLeaks, any suggestion that Director Brennan has ever attempted to infringe on constitutionally-protected press freedoms is offensive and baseless.”

The emails also prompted a phone from CIA media spokesman Todd Ebitz. He said they were saddened by Michael’s death and reiterated their position that they had a cordial working relationship with the investigative reporter.

On the other hand, Stratfor, specifically Fred Burton, remains nonresponsive.

As for Hastings’ final story, his wife said Rolling Stone would publish the Brennan piece in an upcoming edition of the magazine.

Was speed a factor?
    The release of a new surveillance video from a nearby Italian restaurant by Michael Krikorian, an author, freelance blogger who also writes for LA Weekly, reveals a lot of information about Hastings’ final seconds.

An SDSU professor Morteza M. Mehrabadi, Professor and Interim Chair Areas of Specialization: Mechanics of Materials told San Diego 6 News that calculating the speed of Hastings car follows a simple mathematic equation. By using the video and the distance traveled (195 feet) as well as the seconds that lapsed prior to the explosion – in his opinion, the car was traveling roughly 35 mph.

That revelation is important because Jose, an employee of ALSCO a nearby business, and a witness to the accident told KTLA/Loud Labs (Scott Lane) the car was traveling at a high rate of speed and he saw sparks coming from the car and saw it explode BEFORE hitting the tree.

The pre-explosion could possibly explain the flash of light on the video that preceded the appearance of the car in the video. The pre-explosion and slower speed could also explain the minimal damage to the palm tree and the facts the rear tires rested against the curb. It also provides an explanation for the location of the engine and drive train at more than 100 feet from the tree impact area.

This new information prompted another round of FOIA/CPRAs and only adds to the questions that remain unanswered. One of those questions is where was Mr. Hastings going at 4:30 in the morning? Based on the accident location, Hastings was only 1.5 miles from his home and was headed away from his address.

Other unanswered questions point to the contents (computer, phones, notes, etc.) of his home, so far there has been no response from the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) FOIA request regarding these issues. Also, numerous FOIAs have been filed with other federal agencies concerning details of Hastings suspicious car “accident.”

I would like to thank the tens of thousands of people following this important story and the supportive comments that include many helpful tips. You can post anonymous tips for me at theKDreport.com or sandiego6.com or email: Kimberly.dvorak@hotmail.com

Thanks

If Kimberly Dvorak winds up in a mental hospital saying "QWERTY, QWERTY, QWERTY" over and over again, I will know something is wrong.

(for the uninitated, Dvorak is another type of keyboard that came into, and fell out of use rather quickly.)

Thread Information