Thread: Killer Elite

Thanks

Default Killer Elite

http://books.google.com/books/about/...d=NQ3GGvnbn2AC

A top-secret U.S. Army Special Operations unit has been running covert missions all over the world, from leading death squads to the hideout of drug baron Pablo Escobar to assassinating key al Qaeda members, including Iraqi leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, and, in one of their greatest missions, capturing Saddam Hussein. 'The Activity,” as it became known to insiders, has achieved near-mythical status, even among the world's Special Operations elite. Hidden from the politicians and the government bean counters, The Activity has been carrying out deniable operations, preparing the way for Delta and SEAL Team Six.
    Now journalist Michael Smith gets inside this clandestine military team to expose their explosive history and secrets. Smith has spoken to many former members of the Activity and reveals the incredible truth behind the world's most secret Special Operations organization, a unit that is at the forefront of the War on Terror.

I started reading this the other night. So far a very good and fast read about the ISA.

Thanks

Default Re: Killer Elite

Nice..... I read the first few pages about Eagle Claw / Desert One.

Interesting take on it. But I was there too, and all of us tried to stop the operation BEFORE it went in. The weather was a factor and Carter let it go on... even after it went up and back down the chain of command.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I remember you mentioning that before. I came across this book looking up tidbits about ISA on a sof blog. A few had some questions on the "Activity" JSOC fans, so this one was mentioned by people who are in the know they said it breaks opsec all to hell but was a good read. I know a few didn't care for it because it seems to air out some dirty laundry but anyone in a unit knows there is alot problems that come along with the good so it's not surprising.

At this point I am up to where they talk about "Bo" Gritz the guy who tried to do his own Vietnam POW rescue in Laos. Tells a little who all got wrapped up in that and what they thought was actually going on with the whole fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Nice..... I read the first few pages about Eagle Claw / Desert One.

Interesting take on it. But I was there too, and all of us tried to stop the operation BEFORE it went in. The weather was a factor and Carter let it go on... even after it went up and back down the chain of command.

Thanks

well, I've told all I will ever tell about Desert One. lol

I don't need to air any laundry. It was all Carter's fault, every single bit of it.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information