Companion Thread: Google: Surveillance 'is on the rise'

On Easter Sunday 2013, Google honors an Alinsky Radical Instead of Jesus

by John Galt
March 31, 2013 11:55 ET

Just when one thinks that our nation’s corporations can not suck up enough to the Alinsky-Obama radical leftists, here comes Google on Easter Sunday:

Seriously?

Cesar Chavez, a learned disciple of Saul Alinksy and his tactics is Google’s choice on Easter Sunday upholding the Imperial Leader Obama’s edict that March 31st from here on out be known as “Cesar Chavez Day” in a proclamation issued last Friday:
Presidential Proclamation — Cesar Chavez Day

CESAR CHAVEZ DAY, 2013
- – - – - – -
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

Every year, Americans all across our country pause on March 31 to remember a man who made justice his life’s calling. Growing up the son of migrant farm workers who lost everything in the Great Depression, Cesar Chavez knew hard work and hardship from an early age. He labored long hours for little pay, taking odd jobs to help his family get by and forgoing a formal education to follow the crop cycles. But where others might have given up or given in, Cesar Chavez never lost hope in the power of opportunity. He lived each day by a belief as old as America itself — the idea that with courage and determination, any of us can reach beyond our circumstances and leave our children something better.

More than anything, we remember Cesar Chavez for lending voice to the voiceless. When no one seemed to care about the invisible farm workers who picked our Nation’s food, beset by poverty and cheated by growers, a courageous man dedicated to dignity stood up and spoke out. Alongside Dolores Huerta and fellow organizers, he rallied a generation of workers around “La Causa,” marching and fasting and boycotting for fair pay and protections on the job. They fought through decades of setbacks and fierce resistance. But through every trial, Cesar Chavez refused to curb his ambitions or scale back his hope. Step by step, march by march, he helped lead a community of farm workers to make the change they sought.

Cesar Chavez’s legacy lives on at Nuestra Señora Reina de la Paz, his home and workplace, which I was proud to designate a National Monument last October. It also lives on in those who remember his central teaching: that when workers are treated fairly and humanely, our country grows more just, opportunity becomes more equal, and all of us do better. Because even with the strides we have made, we know there is more left to do when working men and women toil in poverty without adequate protections or simple respect. We know there is more to do when our broken immigration system forces workers into a shadow economy where companies can ignore labor laws and undermine businesses following the rules. Fixing those problems means securing what Cesar Chavez fought for at La Paz. It means taking on injustice, making sure hard work is rewarded, and bringing more Americans into a rising middle class.

In 1966, when Cesar Chavez was struggling to bring attention to his cause, he received a telegram from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. “As brothers in the fight for equality, I extend the hand of fellowship and goodwill,” he wrote. “We are with you in spirit and in determination that our dreams for a better tomorrow will be realized.” It is a story that reminds us how here in America, we are bound together not by the colors of our skin or the languages we speak, but by the values we share and the brighter future we seek for our children. So today, as we honor a man who risked everything to stand up for what he believed in, let us reflect on our common cause and recommit to moving forward together — as one Nation and one people.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim March 31, 2013, as Cesar Chavez Day. I call upon all Americans to observe this day with appropriate service, community, and education programs to honor Cesar Chavez’s enduring legacy.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this
twenty-ninth day of March, in the year of our Lord two thousand thirteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-seventh.
BARACK OBAMA
This proclamation and the “honor” paid to this hero of illegals and unionists alike did not go unnoticed by the Daily Caller in their article this morning:

Google honors Cesar Chavez on Easter

But does Google know or care about Chavez’s affiliations or how the United Farm Worker’s union has developed close relations to extremist unions like the SEIU? Probably not and it is doubtful they have reviewed the history of his associations especially with one Saul Alinksy:

Cesar Chavez I know, but who is Saul Alinsky? I asked the same question 10 years ago after attending a Teatro Campesino production in Orange County. The theater company was inspired by Chavez and Dolores Huerta in the 1960s, and after the show, UFW activists led a series of call-and-response cheers: “Que viva Cesar Chavez! Que viva! Que viva Dolores Huerta! Que viva!”

Paeans to other Chicano icons followed. Then came a less-familiar blast: “Que viva Saul Alinsky!” The crowd roared its answer, but I was stumped. Alinsky wasn’t a surname I had heard during my Chicano upbringing. Saul, yes. But not Alinsky! As a history professor at Cypress College, I was too embarrassed to ask anyone in the crowd that day.

Later, I learned that Alinsky founded the Chicago-based Industrial Areas Foundation, which sent battle-tested organizers to train and develop local leaders on issues related to voting, discrimination and police brutality. In his classic treatise, “Rules for Radicals: A Practical Primer for Realistic Radicals,” Alinsky showed how working-class blacks and white ethnics could work together to end employer discrimination and municipal neglect.

For example, to influence elites holding power to make concessions, “Rules for Radicals” proposed the tactic of threatening to have community activists purchase 100 seats for a symphony performance in Rochester, N.Y. Beforehand, the attendees would enjoy bowls of baked beans with subsequent “obvious consequences” as they sat in their concert seats.

To persuade an upscale department store to change its discriminatory hiring practices, Alinsky suggested that protesters order all items in sight, have them shipped C.O.D., and then refuse delivery later. These two tactics signaled that long-standing privileges would be threatened if a community withheld basic rights from its most disadvantaged residents.

One of Alinsky’s disciples, Fred Ross, founded Community Service Organization chapters throughout California after World War II. In Los Angeles, the CSO worked with Chicano activists to promote English and citizenship classes, voter-registration drives, and get-out-the vote campaigns. To aid Edward R. Roybal’s election to the Los Angeles City Council in 1949, the CSO registered 12,000 new voters. Roybal became the first Mexican-American to sit on the City Council since the 1880s, and he later represented Los Angeles in Congress for 30 years.
One of Ross’ protégés was Cesar Chavez. Like his mentor, Chavez traveled the state developing CSO chapters and leaders.

After asking community members to invite neighbors, co-workers and family to a house meeting, Chavez listened to their problems and organized them to demand redresses to their grievances. His success led Alinsky and Ralph Helstein, president of the United Packinghouse Workers of America, to summon Ross and Chavez to San Francisco in 1958 to discuss the creation of a CSO chapter in Ventura County. Helstein believed that a CSO there could buttress the UPWA’s efforts to combat the citrus industry’s exploitation of bracero guest worker
- From the Ventura County Star article “The Alinksy, Chavez, Obama Connection,” by Frank P. Barajas, November 2, 2008

In other words, the ties that bind, the historical connection of radicals, especially pro-Marxists like Dolores Huerta who would if empowered to do so force Google to share all of their operating profits with the poor and to become a unionized shop to support their ilk are still strong yet so-called capitalist corporations like Google could care less. Why? Let’s go to the United Farm Worker’s home page and see what kind of affiliations they support:

Besides the SEIU, the other groups highlighted all have a history of association with extremist left wing groups which are anti-business and in many cases anti-American or against our Constitution in their actions and proclamations. Interestingly enough, the “Change to Win” Hoffa founded splinter group allegedly has strong ties to George Soros’ groups and their causes and of course SEIU’s Andrew Stern.

It’s a good thing that I believe in the 1st Amendment and every corporation’s right to speak and act freely with their money, no matter how destructive to our freedom they might be. In response, for now, we the people have that same freedom and I might suggest an alternative search engine to voice one’s displeasure over Google’s choice to honor a radical over Jesus.

IXquik.com

For now, there is nothing forcing anyone to endure the extremist views of Google when doing something as simple as a web search because at some point they need to learn the lesson that political correctness does not always equal profit.