Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Truth About 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The Truth About 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

The Truth About 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
    With the upcoming release of the film "United 93," the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, have returned to the fore of public consciousness. While for many Americans such painful memories remain forever seared in their minds, for a small but vocal minority the Sept. 11 attacks have taken on a mythical character. These are the Sept. 11 conspiracy theorists.

If Web sites such as whatreallyhappened.com, 911truth.org and scholarsfor911truth.org (among countless others) are any indication, the Sept. 11 conspiracists have become a movement in their own right. Despite a host of differences, they share the belief that the widely accepted version of what happened on Sept. 11 is merely a front for a shadowy plot to fool the American people.

Rather than accept that Islamic terrorists flew planes into buildings and slaughtered innocents in the name of a fanatical ideology, the Sept. 11 conspiracy theorists believe the perpetrators included members of their own government -- that somehow the Bush administration, with the collusion of the Pentagon, was either behind the attacks or simply allowed them to happen in order to institute a quasi-police state.

Whatever one's criticisms of the administration and its approach to the war on terrorism, one would have to be awfully cynical to believe that it would kill or allow thousands (at the least) of Americans to die, simply to accumulate additional powers. But even if one assumes the government acted purely in its own interests, why on earth would it risk weakening the economy and creating instability for the foreseeable future? Not exactly a winning formula for the so-called ruling classes.

Flying in the Face of Common Sense

Undaunted by such appeals to common sense, Sept. 11 conspiracists point to gaps in what we know or widely repeated falsehoods as proof positive that the attacks were not what they seemed. To hear them tell it, United Flight 93 was not brought down by the heroism of everyday Americans but was shot down by U.S. fighter pilots. Similarly, the conspiracists insist that airplanes couldn't have taken down the World Trade Center towers or the nearby 7 WTC building, but that controlled demolitions accounted for their collapse. Then there's the theory that the Pentagon was hit not with an airplane but by a missile.

Never mind that the whole country witnessed the horrific sight of planes flying into the World Trade Center, the immediate aftermath of the Pentagon attack and eventually heard the heartrending cell phone calls and cockpit recordings from Flight 93. Or that many studies on the twin towers have concluded that jet fuel combined with incredible levels of heat were to blame for their collapse. Or that 7 WTC sustained much more fire damage in the attack than initially reported. Or that there's no possible way to predict exactly how such a chaotic scenario will play out.

The true believers continue to insist that our minds must have deceived us.

French left-wing activist and author Thierry Meyssan has made a career out of such claims. In his books "L'Effroyable Imposture" (The Big Lie) and "Le Pentegate," Meyssan takes great pains to present an alternative scenario for American Airlines Flight 77 and the attack on the Pentagon. Pointing to the seeming disappearance of the airplane after it plowed into the building and the small amount of resulting debris, Meyssan posits that the U.S. government used some variation on a truck bomb, a smaller airplane or a missile to hit the Pentagon. In other words, the government attacked itself.

Meyssan never does explain fully what happened to the 64 passengers who died aboard Flight 77, despite the positive forensic identification at the crash site. Media commentator Barbara Olsen was just one of several passengers who made cell phone calls to loved ones reporting that the plane had been hijacked. No doubt the families of the victims would be thrilled to hear that their relatives didn't really perish that day, but are being hidden in a CIA safe house somewhere.

Blaming the Jews

Yet another myth popular with the Sept. 11 conspiracy theorists is a belief in the involvement of the Israeli government and, by extension, the ever useful "international Jewish conspiracy."

Based on a Jerusalem Post article describing the Israeli government's attempts to account for its citizens in the area of the World Trade Center and the Pentagon when the attacks occurred, a conspiracy involving "4,000 Jews" was born. According to the adherents of this theory, the Mossad (Israeli intelligence agency) forewarned these Jews about the attacks, and so they were able to escape harm. Such rumors again arose after the bombings in the London subway last year. It seems that whatever happens in the world, there are people who will lay the blame at the feet of the Jews.

In the Muslim world, conspiracies involving the dastardly "Zionists" are a dime a dozen. But up until Sept. 11, in the West they were mostly the province of neo-Nazi groups. A brief look at any of the Sept. 11 conspiracy Web sites indicates that things have changed. In fact, a belief in the exaggerated power of pro-Israel Jews in the United States seems to have reached a much wider audience in the wake of Sept. 11.

Hence, the recent report authored by Harvard University's Stephen M. Walt and the University of Chicago's John J. Mearsheimer on the alleged influence of the "Israel lobby " over American politics. As Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz has pointed out, the information in the report could have been culled from any number of neo-Nazi or Islamist Web sites.

Even if one doesn't subscribe to the "blame the Jews" angle of Sept. 11 conspiracy theories, any foray into such territory inevitably leads in that direction. That's the problem with dipping one's toes into the waters of conspiracy theories. One might just sink to its bottomless depths.

It's not as if there's a shortage of sources debunking Sept. 11 conspiracy theories. PBS aired programs that examined both the building of the World Trade Center and its collapse. The State Department put out a series of detailed reports directly addressing various Sept. 11 conspiracy theories. Popular Mechanics published an eminently useful article last year that went down the list of every conceivable Sept. 11 conspiracy talking point -- and debunked them all. Author and Skeptic magazine publisher Michael Shermer also touched on the matter in an article for Scientific American. Then there's the small matter of al Qaeda having admitted several times to perpetrating the Sept. 11 attacks.

The Paranoid Style

It would be comforting to think that such information would have an impact on the Sept. 11 conspiracists -- but, alas, true believers are rarely moved by facts that contradict their preconceived notions.

Historian Richard Hofstadter encapsulated this political strain with his 1965 essay "The Paranoid Style in American Politics." As Hofstadter puts it, "I call it the paranoid style simply because no other word adequately evokes the qualities of heated exaggeration, suspiciousness, and conspiratorial fantasy that I have in mind."

While Hofstadter ascribes such beliefs to the political fringes, Sept. 11 kicked the trend into high gear, and the "paranoid style" has become much more prevalent in the years since. Sept. 11 conspiracy theorists now include politicians such as Cynthia McKinney, actors such as Charlie Sheen, professors, journalists and documentarians.

Indeed, adherents often point to the presence of so many well-educated and otherwise rational people in their ranks as proof of the validity of their claims. But delusional thinking has never been confined to the realm of the uneducated.

The underlying factors likely have more to do with psychology. Indeed, it is often said that conspiracy theories are born out of a sense of powerlessness. In the wake of Sept. 11 and the emergence of the nihilistic threat of Islamic terrorism, feelings of impotence and vulnerability were all too natural. All Americans were affected by such fears. But instead of facing the daunting truth, the Sept. 11 conspiracy theorists chose the path of denial.

Immersed in a political belief system in which the United States (and Israel) is always the bad guy and never the victim, adherents refuse to give credence to any development that does not fit this narrative. So rather than blaming the perpetrators, they fall back on familiar demons. After all, an enemy one can grapple with is much more appealing than the unknown. Such beliefs offer the tantalizing possibility that there's an explanation for a reality that all too often seems incomprehensible.

I encounter this kind of thinking in the form of feverish e-mails from readers insisting that if I just "knew the truth" I too would understand what's behind it all. And no doubt I'll receive more than a few in response to this column. But I've looked into the abyss and I have yet to see or hear anything to validate such fantasies.

Then again, I could be part of the conspiracy, too.

Thanks

Default Re: The Truth About 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

You guys want to hear something disturbing? Recently there has been to high profile murders in Minneapolis. One of these murders took place in an area of Minneapolis called Uptown. A young man out with his girlfriend,mother and a friend was mugged and then shot in the head and killed. Here is a quote from the Star Tribune about his and the other murder:

On March 31, Alan Reitter, 31, a mortgage underwriter from Minnetonka, was shot to death outside a bar near Block E while bar-hopping with a group of friends.
    Micheal Zebuhr, 25, a Clemson University student, died March 18 after being shot in the head during a robbery in which his mother's purse was stolen in the Uptown area. "I always thought that the area now known as Block E was one of the city's crown jewels, a place where people could mix from the inner city and feel safe and secure," Sliwa, 52, said from his office in New York City. "Same with the area around Hennepin and Lake Streets."

Yes, that is Curtis Sliwa of the Guardian Angels. He has been in town recently and has started a chapter in Northeast Minneapolis.

Now apparently Zebuhr was a member of 9/11 Scholars for Truth. Go here and scroll down and you will see his name on the list: http://www.scholarsfor911truth.org/WhoAreWe.html

Now go here and see what people are saying about his murder: http://covertoperations.blogspot.com...-sad-news.html

Here are some quotes taken from that page:

James Ha said...
    that sucks. that is very sad news.
    right in front of his family.

I might as well say it: I would imagine that if someone wanted to send a message to the scholars, that was the perfect way to go about it; I mean, dr. griffin would be too obvious....

Rob said...
    sounds very much like a message being sent/a "Company" hit to me...remember, the 9/11 perps MURDERED 3000+ of my fellow Americans...you think they would hesitate one f.....g second before "Offing" one lowly college student????

please...

Those are just two of many postings. Basically they say he was killed because of his 9/11 beliefs and to send a warning to others.

Now, I have spent a lot of time in Uptown in the past and I have several friends that haved lived there or still do live there. It has never really been a safe place to be at night. Several of my friends have been mugged in that area, some quite brutally. Minneapolis is a very liberal city, often electing extreme libs as mayor. They then turn around and do things like cut police bugdets to get money for experimental social programs that are supposed to cut crime. You can often track the worst years for murder and see that the most liberal people were in office at the same times.

Now, it is very unfortunate that this man lost his life, but it had nothing to do with 9/11 and his beliefs and everything to do with rampant crime in Minneapolis.

Thanks

http://hotair.com/archives/2006/10/1...ruther-morons/

Ok, you have to watch that video. South Park usually sucks in my opinion, but that one is funny.

Rick
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

The Path from WTC I to WTC II

Posted: November 30, 2006
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

This is Part 1 of a two-part series. Look for Part 2 tomorrow.

TWA Flight 800 is the Rosetta Stone of 9-11. If we can accurately decipher the destruction of that plane July 17, 1996, we will be able to interpret the larger events of Sept. 11.

I appreciate the patience of those who have followed this effort, which is essentially a work in progress. Since we have begun this journey on the pages of WorldNetDaily, I have heard from hundreds, if not thousands, of aviation professionals, eyewitnesses and family members, many of whom have contributed to our collective understanding. Needless to say, this journey could not have begun without the work of James Sanders, my co-author on "First Strike."

Since the 10th anniversary of TWA Flight 800's demise July 17, 2006, I have received more useful intelligence than I had in the five years prior. The most recent contributions include Peter Lance's bold new book, "Triple Cross," reviewed on these pages last week, terrorist expert Laurie Mylroie's continuing research, and an extraordinary technical review of the crash data, simply titled "Review of Government Evidence from the Crash of TWA FLIGHT 800." I will refer to this document as the "Review." I and a few others received it from an author or authors still unknown, but who is/are following this series in WND.

What follows is an outline of the path from WTC I to WTC II according to best available evidence. If this outline seems more coherent than those you have seen elsewhere, there are two reasons why. One is that almost no one in the mainstream media will utter the words "TWA Flight 800." This includes several prominent terrorist experts, who deeply distrust the government's mechanical explanation for the plane's demise but who are understandably reluctant to go public. Kudos to "Triple Cross" author Peter Lance for breaking this taboo. He risks his career in so doing.

The second reason is even more problematic than the first. In their relentless effort to discredit President Bush, the mainstream media refuse to acknowledge the possibility of an Iraq connection to either the first WTC bombing or 9-11, let alone to TWA Flight 800. Indispensable to understanding the Iraq-al-Qaida connection is the work of Weekly Standard reporter Stephen Hayes.

Pundits talk endlessly about connecting the proverbial dots, but if they leave two critical dots off the table, connections become mere concoctions. What follows are some verifiable dots, logically connected.
    • On June 10,1992, Mohammed Salameh made the first of his 46 phone calls to Iraq, most of them to his uncle, a PLO operative living in Baghdad. Salameh would be convicted for his role in the first WTC bombing.
    • Two weeks later, Abdul Yasin, an American-born Iraqi then living in Baghdad, went to the U.S. embassy in Jordan and secured an American passport.
    • On Sept. 1, 1992, the man we know as Ramzi Yousef, the WTC mastermind, arrived in New York. Yousef just happened to be traveling on an Iraqi passport. Yasin arrived a few days later.
    • In October 1992, VP candidate Al Gore chided the incumbent President Bush for his "dangerous blindness to the murderous ambitions of a despot" and cited a RAND corporation study that reported an estimated 1,400 terrorists operating out of Iraq.
    • On Feb. 26, 1993, the second anniversary to the day of Iraq's ignominious expulsion from Kuwait, Yousef and company planted their bomb under the World Trade Center. Yousef was disappointed at the results. He had hoped to topple one building into the other and kill 250,000 people.
    • Of the conspirators, only Yousef and Yasin managed to escape the country. Scarred from spilled chemicals, Yasin fled to Baghdad where he stayed until the toppling of Saddam's regime 10 years later.
    • When Iraqi intelligence tried to assassinate the senior Bush a month after the WTC bombing, Gore thundered against a regime "based on terrorism and atrocities against its own people" and expressed his desire that it be "replaced."
    • In the spring of 1994, an ABC stringer found Yasin working for the Iraqi government in Baghdad. Although Yasin's involvement was fully documented, the Clinton administration did not make a serious attempt to extradite Yasin. To do so would have been to acknowledge Iraq's likely complicity in the bombing and that would have demanded a serious response.
    • The media have no such excuse. To show how deep this bias runs, both Lance's "Triple Cross" and Lawrence Wright's much praised "The Looming Tower" purge Yasin completely from their extended discussions of WTC I, even to reject an Iraqi connection. And these are two of the more honest mainstream accounts.
    • Wright concedes that he does not know who sponsored WTC I. Lance makes a shaky case for al-Qaida.
    • As Lance admits, however, Osama bin Laden denied knowing Yousef before WTC I, and bin Laden was never shy about claiming responsibility where due. When asked about financing, Yousef would cite only "family and friends." The Justice Department did not indict bin Laden for the crime.
    • On Jan. 6, 1995, a fire broke out in Yousef's Manila apartment where he and his fellow Baluchi, Abdul Hakim Murad, were mixing chemicals. Yousef escaped, but when Murad went back to retrieve Yousef's laptop, Philippine police apprehended him. On the laptop were the plans for Bojinka, a devious scheme to blow up a dozen airliners over the Pacific.
    • Murad was a pilot. He talked to the police about flying a private plane into the CIA building. Under duress, Murad told of a third plot, one to hijack airliners and fly them into U.S. targets including the White House, the Sears Tower and the World Trade Center. Murad, who learned to fly in the U.S., was to orchestrate the training of the pilots.
    • Lance interviewed the Philippine police, and they insist that they turned the planes-as-missiles information over to the FBI in January 1995 with the rest of the information.
    • Lance argues that Yousef and his "uncle" Khalid Sheikh Mohammad (KSM) originated the 9-11 plot and had drafted plans as early as 1994. He ties the Baluchis into al-Qaida.
    • Laurie Mylroie makes a much stronger argument that the loose living, religiously indifferent Baluchis – Murad, Yousef, KSM and their various "cousins" – were an elite, Iraqi-trained crew of terrorists who put their services on the world market once the Iraq-Iran war came to an end. Mylroie does not believe that they hooked up with bin Laden until 1996 when the still obscure Saudi moved to Afghanistan.
    • Many serious people – including Lance and anti-terror czar Richard Clarke – think it possible that the Baluchis taught Terry Nichols how to build a truck bomb during one of his many visits to the Philippines. The Clinton administration found it much more politically useful to drop the swarthy "John Doe No. 2" from the investigation and restrict the OKC bomb plot to the blond and crew-cut.
    • In July 1996, Murad and Yousef were jailed in NYC cells next to mob informant Gregory Scarpa Jr. Yousef told Scarpa that he planned to blow up a plane to cause a mistrial and that he had operatives on the ground to help.
    • The FBI set up a dummy Mafia front company called Roma. Scarpa gave Yousef the number and conned him into believing that the Roma people could patch his calls anywhere in the world. The FBI was, of course, listening in. Yousef outsmarted the FBI by making his critical calls in Baluchi, a language its agents could not translate.
    • On the morning of July 17, 1996, the Islamic Change Movement, which Mylroie believes to be the name used by Iraqi intelligence, threatened an act of shocking magnitude against the United States. The warning closed as follows: "Their time is at the morning-dawn. Is not the morning-dawn near?"
    • July 17 was National Liberation Day in Iraq, Saddam's evil Fourth of July. On that day in 1996, he made what Mylroie calls "the most angry, vengeful speech of his entire life."
    • A 1999 document from the files of the Iraqi Intelligence Services – this one planning a series of terrorist acts around the world called "Blessed July" – closes with a handwritten note, "Their appointment is in the morning, and indeed the morning is near." None of the three Arabic speakers with whom I consulted could cite another example of this specific call to action, all but identical to the one from July 17, 1996. Nor could I find anything close online.
    • That same July 17, The U.S. Navy on the East Coast was on its highest state of alert since the Cuban Missile Crisis. There were unprecedented sightings of cruisers up and down Long Island. This was two days before the start of the Atlanta Olympics.
    • At 8:31 p.m. on July 17, 1996, at least 270 people saw streaks of light ascending toward TWA Flight 800, culminating in the destruction of the plane. At that same moment, FAA radar operators in New York saw an unknown object "merging" with TWA 800 in the seconds before the crash and rushed the radar data to Washington. It was the FAA data that prompted emergency meetings at the White House.
    • In "Triple Cross," Lance argues that a planted bomb likely caused the destruction. Although this explanation fits within the evidence the NTSB and the media have chosen to believe, it does not fit within the real evidence as it exists. Nor does it do justice to the planes-as-missiles theory that Lance does a good job developing.
    • In fact, Lance cites a dozen examples before 9-11 of executed or planned planes-as-missiles plots, three of which were before July 1996. Lance also reveals that al-Qaida had already purchased a used Sabre-40 jet in Arizona before 1996.
    • In "First Strike," James Sanders and I theorize that the U.S. Navy fired its missiles at an unidentified aircraft (UAC), likely a terrorist jet, in close proximity to the 747, perhaps even attacking it. Some combination of missiles and explosives resulted in the destruction of TWA Flight 800. Four years later, I am less confident of this theory despite some verbal confirmation from within both TWA and the military.
    • The anonymous Review referenced above presents a similar scenario – and does so in stunning detail – but with the critical difference that the UAC was likely unmanned. This argues for a Navy test gone awry.
    • Whether a test or a terrorist shoot-down, both scenarios suggest that Washington was wary of an aerial terrorist attack against New York City. The concern was real enough to put the Navy, locked and loaded, up and down the coast of Long Island on July 17, 1996.
    • In his book "Against All Enemies," Clarke reports that within 30 minutes of the plane's crash, he had convened a meeting in the White House Situation Room. Tellingly, he did not do this for the ValuJet 592 crash in Florida two months earlier.
    • On the night of July 17, President Clinton was holed up in the family quarters. Col. Buzz Patterson, who carried the "nuclear football" for the president and was in the White House that night, could tentatively cite only one person who was with the president, Deputy National Security Adviser Sandy Berger. Patterson was kept out of the loop.
    • In those same first few hours after the crash, Yousef used his Roma connection to report in Baluchi, "What had to be done has been done, TWA 800 (last two words unintelligible)." Whether he was responsible or not for the crash, he was taking credit. The next day he did ask for a mistrial.
    • Likely to make sure Scarpa did not reveal how the FBI may have unwittingly facilitated the destruction of TWA 800, the Justice Department ignored his cooperation on the Yousef matter and gave him a hard 40 in a Colorado high-security prison, an excessive sentence for a non-lethal RICO conviction.
    • The FBI traced at least one of Yousef's Roma patch-through calls to KSM in Qatar. KSM fled the country one step ahead of the FBI for Prague in the Czech Republic.
    • Some time later in the summer of 1996, Patterson was returning a daily intelligence update from the Oval Office to the National Security Council when he noticed the heading "Operation Bojinka." Patterson "keyed on a reference to a plot to use commercial airliners as weapons."
    • As a pilot, Patterson had a keen interest in the same. "I can state for a fact that this information was circulated within the U.S. intelligence community," Patterson writes, "and that in late 1996 the president was aware of it." The president's hand-written comments on the documents verified the same.
    • Richard Clarke would go on to take credit for discovering the spurious exploding fuel tank theory that provided a non-missile/ non-terrorist explanation for the crash and served as the first part of the "exit strategy" from the TWA 800 investigation.
    • On Aug. 22, 1996, then-Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick chaired a D.C. meeting at which the FBI was effectively ordered to abandon the search for terrorists and to validate the exploding fuel tank theory.
    • After the death of former FBI agent John O'Neill in the WTC on 9-11, Clarke would give him credit for creating the second part of the exit strategy, the notorious zoom climb scenario that the CIA and FBI would use to discredit all 270 eyewitnesses. After showing the CIA-created video of the zoom climb, the FBI shut down the criminal investigation in November 1997.
    Telling the truth about TWA Flight 800 in the months before the 1996 presidential election would have jeopardized Clinton's future. Less understandable is the Bush administration's complicity in the continued TWA Flight 800 cover-up. One reason suggests itself: The truth is sufficiently shocking that it would rightly rock the world's faith in America and in its capital markets. By comparison, Watergate was a stroll in the park.
    As to the Baluchis, think of them as producers of a terror show. They provide the script and the director, but they need investors and actors. The investors do not have to like each other or trust each other. They just have to share the same larger goal, in this case the destruction of the Great Satan. Al-Qaida affiliate, al-Zarqawi, seemed to have operated in Iraq both before and after the war under a similar understanding.
    The Path continues in the next column tomorrow.

Related special offer:
    Get Jack Cashill's groundbreaking exposé, "First Strike: TWA Flight 800 and the Attack on America"

Jack Cashill is an Emmy-award winning independent writer and producer with a Ph.D. in American Studies from Purdue.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/articl...TICLE_ID=53157

Part II is tomorrow.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Telling the truth about TWA Flight 800 in the months before the 1996 presidential election would have jeopardized Clinton's future. Less understandable is the Bush administration's complicity in the continued TWA Flight 800 cover-up. One reason suggests itself: The truth is sufficiently shocking that it would rightly rock the world's faith in America and in its capital markets. By comparison, Watergate was a stroll in the park.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Protecting Clinton's legacy

Posted: December 1, 2006
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

This is Part 2 of a two-part series. Please read Part 1 before proceeding.

Part 1 of this exploration led from the first World Trade Center bombing in February 1993 to the destruction of TWA Flight 800 on July 17, 1996. The culprits behind both, perhaps indirectly in the TWA Flight 800 case, were likely an elite crew of Baluchi terrorists – WTC I mastermind Ramzi Yousef and 9-11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammad (KSM) being most notable – that sold its services to both al-Qaida and Iraq.

• In February 1998, President Clinton warned of "the very kind of threat Iraq poses now – a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists."
    • Six days later, Osama bin Laden issued a fatwah against America, citing its "continuing aggression against the Iraqi people" as a principle reason for the call to "kill all Americans."
    • In the spring of 1998, the Clinton Justice Department indicted bin Laden. Justice cited an understanding between bin Laden and Saddam "that on particular projects, specifically including weapons development, al-Qaida would work cooperatively with the government of Iraq."
    • In January 1999, anti-terrorism czar Richard Clarke would tell the Washington Post of the intelligence that connects al-Qaida to the "Iraqi nerve gas experts." He was one of six Clinton officials to insist publicly on an al-Qaida-Iraqi tie to justify the destruction of al Shifa chemical plant in the Sudan, America's retaliation for al-Qaida's bombing of two American embassies in Africa in August 1998.
    • In June 2000, chief 9-11 operative Mohamed Atta arrived in the United States – from Prague. He had traveled to Prague twice in the previous month. Although in "Triple Cross" Peter Lance reports on the presence of both KSM and Atta in the Czech Republic, he does not tell us why either went there.
    • Czech officials report that Atta met with Iraqi intelligence on a return trip to Prague in April 2001, but the American media have done everything in their power to discredit these highly credible reports.
    • In August 2000, Ahmed Hikmat Shakir, a 37-year-old Iraqi with embassy connections, helped arrange the well-documented and photographed 9-11 planning summit in Kuala Lumpur. Shakir disappeared days afterwards.
    • Despite their extensive reporting on this critical summit, neither Lance nor Lawrence Wright in "The Looming Tower" makes any mention of Shakir. Again, to do so would be to acknowledge possible Iraqi involvement in 9-11. Two of the participants at the summit would man planes on Sept. 11.
    • In September 2003, Tim Russert asked Vice President Cheney if there were a connection between al-Qaida and Iraq, specifically in regard to Sept. 11. Cheney responded, "We don't know" and cited some of the evidence presented here. His honest answer created a media firestorm. They were apoplectic over Cheney's failure, in the words of the Boston Globe, "to dismiss a widely discredited claim: that Saddam might have played a role in the Sept. 11 attacks." If the administration seems unwilling to defend itself, this is why.
    • At the 9-11 commission hearing in spring 2004, the first question asked of National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice was whether anyone had briefed her before 9-11 in regard to terrorists "using planes as bombs." She said no. In his least objective thrust, Lance chides Rice repeatedly for this and implies that she is lying.
    • Lance makes no mention of what Clarke had told the same commission before Rice testified. Under questioning, Clarke admitted that the "knowledge about al-Qaida having thought of using aircraft as weapons" was relatively old – "5 years, 6 years old." He asks that intelligence analysts "be forgiven for not thinking about it given the fact that they hadn't seen a lot in the five or six years intervening about it."
    • There are only two reasons why Clarke might not have shared any of this information with the incoming administration. One was incompetence. The other was to remove TWA Flight 800, which exploded five years before 9-11, from the conversation. The evidence points strongly to the latter.
    • Clarke had help keeping this all under wraps. Former Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick, who suppressed the TWA 800 investigation, was likely placed on the 9-11 commission for no other reason. She had been in a position to kill the OKC investigation as well.
    • U.S. attorney Valerie Caproni, a Clinton appointee, managed the Roma sting, prosecuted Scarpa, orchestrated the illegal FBI takeover of the TWA 800 investigation, and then oversaw the prosecution of James Sanders and his wife, Elizabeth, for Sanders' investigation of the TWA 800 cover-up. In August 2003, she was appointed to the top legal job within the Federal Bureau of Investigation – that of general counsel.
    • And then there is Sandy Berger. If his boss on the night of July 17, Tony Lake, remained in his own office, the highly political Berger was with the president. In his pilfering from the National Archives, Berger may well have been looking for Clinton's hand-annotated review from the summer of 1996 on Yousef's "planes as missiles" plan, a legacy-killing document if ever made public.
    • "It remains unclear," asked the Washington Post, "why [Berger] destroyed three versions of a document, but left two other versions intact." The answer is not that complex: the president's handwritten notes on a document make one version entirely more dangerous than an identical document without those notes.
    • The Bush Justice Department took no political advantage of Berger's fix. Just the opposite. Justice announced the punishment in the year's greatest media vacuum – the afternoon on which Terri Schiavo died and the day before the pope did.
    • On that same afternoon, acting on a four-week old tip from Scarpa, the FBI uncovered an explosives cache underneath Terry Nichols' former home in Herington, Kan.
    On March 21, 2004, Richard Clarke publicly declared, "There's absolutely no evidence that Iraq was supporting al-Qaida ever." It was this kind of treacherous double talk that led to 9-11 and that has emboldened the bad guys to keep on fighting. Let the hearings begin.
    Is there still room at Guantanamo?
    Read Part 1 of this series, "The Path from WTC I to WTC II"

Related special offer:
    Get Jack Cashill's groundbreaking exposé, "First Strike: TWA Flight 800 and the Attack on America"

Jack Cashill is an Emmy-award winning independent writer and producer with a Ph.D. in American Studies from Purdue.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Now we know what Sandy Burgler had in his pants, don't we...

• And then there is Sandy Berger. If his boss on the night of July 17, Tony Lake, remained in his own office, the highly political Berger was with the president. In his pilfering from the National Archives, Berger may well have been looking for Clinton's hand-annotated review from the summer of 1996 on Yousef's "planes as missiles" plan, a legacy-killing document if ever made public.
    • "It remains unclear," asked the Washington Post, "why [Berger] destroyed three versions of a document, but left two other versions intact." The answer is not that complex: the president's handwritten notes on a document make one version entirely more dangerous than an identical document without those notes.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

IF there were a conspiracy it was to high TWA Flight 800's demise from the public... and I think that is the real outrage here -- along with all these Leftist assholes protesting the Iraq war, when there is so much at stake in keeping those countries down now.

I'm all for going in and wiping out the middle east now.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michael2 View Post
    My suspicion is this; I DO believe that there were explosives within the WTC towers that took them down-but that a Russian team of Spetsnaz demolitionists did the job. Any evidence linking Russia to 9-11 has been very skillfully obscured not only by the very real al-Queda hijackings and strikes on the towers, but also by a campaign of disinformation and misinformation coming from two sources;
    michael,
    I'm going to have to VERY strongly disagree with you regarding any presence of explosives in the WTC, Russian or otherwise.

I'd like you to read this document prepared by a company that has been doing demolitions work for a very long time – A Critical Analysis Of The Collapse Of WTC Towers 1, 2, & 7 From An Explosives And Conventional Demolition Industry Viewpoint

This very thorough document clearly and logically debunks any myth about a presence of explosives at the WTC.

And, research has been done to show that no explosives would have been necessary to begin with. The force of airliners colliding with the buildings was more than enough to cause their destruction – Scientists And Engineers Simulate Jet Colliding With World Trade Center.

Do I believe that Russia (and other TAA elements) had a hand in 9-11? Absolutely! Russia is, after all, the progenitor of modern Arab/Islamic terrorism, and continues to be so to this day via training and financial/intelligence/materiel support . But, do I think anyone planted any explosives in the WTC? Hell no! 9-11 was 19 Islamofascists that were hell bent on hurting The Great Satan by crashing airliners into our biggest financial centers, and that had help (both direct and indirect) in committing this atrocious act from the TAA.

Thanks

(TWA 800) 'Zoom climb' Scenario Falling Apart
    WorldNetDaily ^ | 14 December 2006 | Jack Cashill

Slowly but surely, retired United Airline Capt. Ray Lahr and attorney John Clarke are prying open the can of worms known as the TWA Flight 800 investigation, and sooner or later the major media will have to take notice.

WABC in New York already has. Two weeks ago, the station's Jim Hoffer did a short feature headlined "Major court ruling in TWA Flight 800 case." What proved to be most newsworthy about the feature, however, was not the ruling in question but a surprising admission by former NTSB managing director Peter Goelz.

As Hoffer noted, and has been reported here previously, a U.S. district court judge in Los Angeles has granted Lahr access to most of the documents he has requested to get at the truth behind the alleged 3,200-foot "zoom climb" of the damaged aircraft.

In the WABC feature, Hoffer interviewed not only Lahr but also Goelz, who oversaw the investigation. Wittingly or not, Goelz made the stunning comment that "whether [TWA Flight 800] climbed 3,200 feet or not is really irrelevant."

Irrelevant? Really? The FBI and the CIA did not think so. In 1996-1997, the two agencies climbed over the notorious "wall" to collaborate on an animation showing how a crippled 747 could climb rocket-like for 3,200 feet after its nose had been blown off. This animation was critical. The FBI needed such a scenario to silence the media and close the case.

The CIA video could not have been more definitive. "The Eyewitnesses Did Not See a Missile," reads an underlined script on the video screen. No, "What the witnesses saw was a Boeing 747 in various stages of crippled flight." The FBI showed the CIA video at its final press conference in November 1997, thereby ending any serious investigation.

Despite doubts, the NTSB stuck to the story. At the final NTSB hearing in August 2000, Dr. David Mayer, acting chief of the NTSB's Orwellian-titled "Human Performance Division," reaffirmed the zoom climb. "As the airplane maneuvered in crippled flight," said Mayer in an attempt to explain what the eyewitnesses saw, "it appeared to fly nearly straight up." Tellingly, at no NTSB hearing were the eyewitnesses, several of them pilots or military personnel, ever allowed to testify.

Goelz himself knows just how relevant the zoom climb is. His claim that "there is absolutely no evidence that a missile was fired at this aircraft" hinges on the zoom climb. Without it, there is no way to explain the testimony of the 270 FBI eyewitnesses who had seen lights streaking up toward the plane in the seconds before it exploded. Without it, that eyewitness testimony becomes once again all but irrefutable evidence of a missile strike.

Much of that testimony was vivid and specific. One travel industry professional, for instance, told the FBI that she was standing on the beach when she noticed a 747 "level off." With her eye still on TWA Flight 800, she watched in awe as a "red streak" with a "light gray smoke trail" moved up towards the airliner at a 45-degree angle. Then, the "red streak went past the right side and above the aircraft before arcking [sic] back down toward the aircrafts [sic] right wing."

She saw "the front of the aircraft separate from the back" and watched as the burning pieces of the debris fell from the aircraft. She provided a drawing that showed the scenario in some detail, including the "upside down Nike swoosh," which ended at the plane's right wing. By the way, she correctly identified the departure of the plane's nose long before that detail became publicly known. For the record, hers is one of perhaps 100 comparably strong testimonies.

A veteran safety investigator and a serious student of aerodynamics, Ray Lahr thought the zoom climb scenario a canard the moment he saw it.

There is scarcely a pilot anywhere who disagrees with Lahr. Buttressed by wide support in the aviation community, he began his nine-year quest to see the evidence used to calculate the zoom climb.

Lahr is making progress. The Los Angeles judge clearly sided with him. He ruled that the case Lahr and Clarke presented was sufficiently strong "to permit plaintiff to proceed based on his claim that the government acted improperly in its investigation of Flight 800 or at least performed in a grossly negligent fashion."

Ten years out, the evidence for a missile strike grows stronger by the week. A Pulitzer awaits the first major media organization to tackle this case in a serious way. Shamefully, none ever has.

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Two things.

1) MANY people in the industry have stated quite empatically that for explosives to have been previously planted the building would have had to have been empty and crews would have worked more than a week in preping the building. It didn't happen that way no matter what anyone SAYS. It could not have, or there would have been MANY WITNESSES to it just prior to the planes hitting.

2) Russia had NOTHING to do with WTC. We SAW the planes hit. We know the people were Islamics, plain and simple
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I just found this one. I think this is GREAT.

Now, I thought Danny was cute on the Partridge Family, but when he got older he was kind of a jerk. Here, you are going to be surprised to learn he is a jerk, but for the Right

Thanks Danny, for standing up for what's right.

Rick Donaldson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnliRXAIyIo
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Bonaduce Fights War On The Home Front (Received Death Threats for You-Tube Video)
    NY Daily News ^ | 12/27/06

Danny Bonaduce got on the phone yesterday to discuss the latest round of his bizarre feud with 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

It started Dec. 7, when he granted a street interview to a video crew that happened on him by chance. The interviewer claimed Washington knew about 9/11 in advance, prompting Bonaduce to defend President Bush and the Iraq war.

Once the seemingly pro-war video hit YouTube, Bonaduce says, his family started receiving death threats. When abuse and images of maimed Iraqi children were sent through his 12-year-old daughter's MySpace page, the FBI became involved.

"If [the interviewer] had personally offended me or I got death threats and I didn't have children, I would have tracked him down and kicked his skull in, and that would have been the end of that," Bonaduce told us. "But I have children, and you can't behave like that anymore."

The interviewer is a self-described "9/11 Truther" who declined to give his real name. He runs a Christian extremist Web site that accuses Bush of Satanism, among other things.

He told us: "I think [Bonaduce's] delusional. And if you're going to quote me, it's a 'drug-damaged mind.' "

He denied any involvement in the death threats, but wanted to make sure we included his alias and Web site in the story.

Sorry, dude, you're a fruitcake.

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE VIDEO - WATCH IT HERE CLICK
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Oh brother.

Here's an idiot if I ever saw one.

http://www.theresistancemanifesto.com/

And what the hell, he SELLS his stuff too! No, there's a conspiracy here everyone needs to hear about, but hey, wtf, Buy my Shit huh?

FREE ORIGINAL DVD OF LOOSE CHANGE 2ND EDITION WITH EACH BOOK

"Powerful and compelling. A must read." -- Alex Jones - ********.com

“John Conner is not a conspiracy theorist, he is a conspiracy realist. This book tells it like it is. I urge every American to read it and pass it on to your friends and relatives. -- Wake up America.”
    -- Ted Gunderson, Senior Special Agent in Charge (ret.) FBI Los Angeles Division

“I highly recommend John Conner’s Resistance Manifesto. Every patriotic American needs the valuable information in this outstanding book. Its insights are vital to our overcoming the sinister forces now confronting us on every side.” -- Texe Marrs - Power of Prophecy Ministry & Author of Codex Magica

“A must read for all Patriots. John has the guts most of us wish we had.” -- Mike Hanson, author - Bohemian Grove: Cult of Conspiracy (Infiltrated B.G. with Alex Jones in 2000)

"John Conner, like his namesake in the Schwarzenegger films, has assumed leadership of the Resistance. Forewarned is forearmed and we all have a role to play in the future. Or as Conner puts it, "The Resistance lives within each of us..." -- Jim Marrs, Author of Rule by Secrecy
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Here's the latest over at Anomalies....

The same crap is still goingon, how "no plane hit the pentagon", "WTC 7 was 'pulled'", the passengers didn't stop the flight that went down over PA, etc.

http://communities.anomalies.net/for...e=0#Post243437

I just posted several responses to the crap over there, and of course, all CaryP can do is continue to lie about it. They utterly refuse to accept FACTS instead of that nonsense they are trying to call truth.

it's like the idiots with the Global Warming, saying "Scientists say...." WHAT SCIENTISTS?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

9/11 'conspiracy' theories challenged by Cambridge research
    PhysOrg ^ | 9/11/7

A new mathematical analysis of the collapse of the World Trade Centre has been published by a Cambridge University academic, with results that challenge conspiracy theories surrounding the September 11th attacks.

The new paper, by Dr Keith Seffen, uses established engineering models to demonstrate that once the collapse of the twin towers began, it was destined to be rapid and total.

Although the causes that initiated the collapse of the twin towers are now well understood, engineers continue to speculate about the speed and totality with which the buildings were demolished during the fateful attacks.

Some have even dared to suggest that the catastrophic events that followed two planes being flown into the buildings were the result of a conspiracy that extended to the top of government itself.

Dr Seffen, a Senior Lecturer in the Structures Group in the Department of Engineering, was moved to find a scientific explanation for the collapse when he heard about reports of possible insider involvement. Claims of "controlled demolition" were being suggested, in order to explain the speed, uniformity and similarity between the collapses of both towers.

"I thought immediately that there had to be a rational explanation for why collapse happened as it did, one which draws on engineering principles," he said. "After searching the current literature, it became clear that many studies focused on the phase just before collapse settles in.

"They rightly show that the combination of fire and impact damage severely impaired those parts of the building close to where the aircraft hit to hold the weight of the building above. The top parts were bound to fall down, but it was not clear why the undamaged building should have offered little resistance to these falling parts."

Dr Seffen's new analysis, which will be published in a forthcoming issue of the American Society of Civil Engineers' Journal of Engineering Mechanics, focuses on calculating the residual capacity of the building to resist the weight of the floors above under collapse conditions.

He then develops a dynamic model of the collapse sequence, which simulates the successive squashing, or "pan-caking" of individual storeys based on the residual capacity already identified. The process is already well known from other studies of progressive collapse, but usually applies to other structures such as undersea pipelines, rather than buildings.

This allowed Dr Seffen to predict that the residual capacity of both buildings was limited, and once collapse had started, it would take only 10 seconds for the building to go down - just a little longer than the free-falling of a coin dropped from the top of either tower.

"The aim was to produce a credible scientific explanation for the totality of collapse once it began," he said.

"In all senses, the collapse sequence was quite ordinary and natural. The World Trade Centre towers were designed to absorb an aircraft impact, but an accidental one with much less fuel and speed. It is widely acknowledged that the impacts on September 11th were extraordinary, which led to consequences well in excess of the design capacity for the buildings. The original design of both towers must be praised for standing as long as they did, saving more lives than might have been expected."

Source: University of Cambridge
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Conspiracy's end? (9/11 skeptics frustrated by failure)
    Ottawa Sun ^ | September 12, 2007 | By THANE BURNETT

There's a radical theory that's being considered in hushed tones.

That the 9/11 conspiracy chorus, which started to rise before the ashes of that day had completely fallen, has reached a natural and final crescendo.

That despite the tremendous popular success of online videos, forums and books -- claiming the U.S. government was behind the deaths of almost 3,000 people, the planes were remote drones and the towers were brought down with military-planted explosives or missiles -- the movement has left its most productive days behind.

That -- even as it, according to a poll last year, convinced a third of the American population that U.S. officials were somehow complicit in the attacks -- it can never really prove its case.

SKEPTIC

Who is this skeptic to suggest such a thing? The man doubting the doubting is Jimmy Walter; once the 9/11 "Truth Movement's" most diehard promoter. Over the years, Walter, an American venture capitalist and heir to a $14.3 million fortune from his dad's home-building business, has spent nearly $8-million to convince his fellow citizens that the attacks of 9/11 were orchestrated by "they" -- an "inside job" of government leaders, media and businessmen. He's run full page ads in papers like The New York Times and, in 2004, funded 30-second messages on major American cable networks, such as CNN and Fox News.

His efforts found thirsty soil, especially around New York, where three years ago, a Zogby poll found almost half of Gotham residents believed federal officials knew in advance that the attacks were being planned. But more recently, Walter, one of the loudest voices in the ranks of skeptics, has quietly moved out of the U.S. He's stepped back from changing the minds of the other 70% of Americans who believe what their government has determined -- that a group of terrorists successfully attacked the U.S.

Walter says he no longer hands out free copies of his DVD, Confronting the Evidence, which he's given away 300,000 times. He doesn't even bother to return most e-mails.

"There is no hope of this," Walter tells me of proving a mass conspiracy he believes in. One, having covered 9/11 from Ground Zero, I can't accept beyond the already proven government ineptness and blindness.

REWARD

He is on the line from Austria, where he has moved. He still figures explosives, planted in the towers, brought them down, and even put up a $1-million reward for any expert who could prove different. But he's no longer interested in offering the bounty.

He also still believes -- as is the "Truth Movement's" mantra -- that a plane didn't fly into the Pentagon and that the World Trade Center, which fell late in the afternoon after the two main towers came down, was detonated from the inside. He'll never buy that, as he sees it, "19 screw-ups with box cutters" could have made the seemingly impossible happen.

Over the years, the conspiracy theory debate has been a tennis match. Those questioning the official version lob loaded questions and bits of evidence, such as photos or interviews. Then an entire counter culture, outraged that even the grief of victim's families has been questioned, answers back with their own sites, videos and books. But conclusions breed doubt and more questions in a match without end. There is even a book titled Debunking 9/11 Debunking.

"I mean, it's been six years -- for at least five, the information has been out there," Walter says. It's blatantly obvious the truth will never come out and it will all end up like debates over who really shot John F. Kennedy, he's sure.

"The people know. Nothing is happening," he says, noting of his own part in the odd debate: "(I've) completely walked away ... the curtain call is done."

He is not alone. A column in an online forum popular with 9/11 "Truthers," by lesser known skeptic Michael Bonanno, recently said: "I think we should give up."

The truth will likely never be found, and the debate stops people from getting on with life to make things better, he argued.

But there are those who aren't ready to walk away from the rubble -- a good amount of which they've stirred up.

Phil Jayhan, who takes credit for being one of the early players involved in the first version of Loose Change, one of the most popular 9/11 skeptics' movies, is preparing his own conspiracy film.

Loose Change even made it into Vanity Fair, and Jayhan is sure there's still growth in doubt.

"Is it a conspiracy movement when you can prove the conspiracy?" he tries to convince me, on the line from Alaska.

MAINSTREAM

He vows to carry on, saying the movement is no longer fringe, but rather mainstream. Shortly after our conversation, I receive an e-mail about a new poll -- done on behalf of a skeptic organization -- which found even more people around the world suspect a wider 9/11 conspiracy.

Despite deciding to exile himself from the need to disbelieve, there was no doubt it was sent to me from Austria by Jimmy Walter.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Cambridge University??? Puhleeze... That bunch of hacks are in Bushitler's back pocket.

Thanks

9/11 Conspiracy Theorists Serve One Purpose
    News By Us ^ | 09/09/2007 | Aaron Goldstein

9/11 Conspiracy Theorists Serve One Purpose By Aaron Goldstein (09/09/07)

With the re-emergence of Osama bin Laden on video after nearly three years, telling America to "embrace Islam" just days before the 6th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks in the United States, I am reminded of the 9/11 conspiracy theorists who believe it was an entity other than bin Laden and al Qaeda who are responsible for these acts of terrorism.

Most of the 9/11 conspiracy theorists believe the Bush Administration was behind the attacks or permitted the attacks to occur. There are others who point the finger at the State of Israel. Don’t be surprised that if the list soon grows to include the Shriners and the Rotary Club.

9/11 conspiracy theorists will tell you that it was a missile, not American Airlines Flight 77 that crashed into the Pentagon. Of course, they won’t tell you what became of Barbara Olson, the 52 other passengers and the six flight crew aboard. Rosie O’Donnell and company will tell you that 7 World Trade Center came down as a result of a controlled demolition. 9/11 conspiracy theorists might also tell you that United Airlines Flight 93 was shot down by the U.S. military. 9/11 conspiracy theorists might also tell you that United Airlines Flight 93 landed safely in Cleveland. Poet Amiri Baraka and other fellow travelers believe Israel had advanced knowledge of the 9/11 attacks and asked why then Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon decided to “stay away” from the World Trade Center? Whatever the 9/11 conspiracy theorists believe their proclamations ultimately serve one purpose: to absolve Osama bin Laden, al Qaeda and the ideology of Islamic fundamentalism of responsibility for their heinous and infamous act.

Of course, this might not be the intent of every 9/11 conspiracy theorist. There are no doubt people who believe the preposterous scenarios I have described above and do so with the utmost sincerity. There are people whose hatred whether it be of the Bush Administration or of Israel (and quite possibly both) runs so deep that they are ready, willing and able to believe them capable of anything including carrying out an act of mass murder.

But there is a school of thought that believes that the attacks of September 11, 2001 were not carried out by Muslims. One such Muslim 9/11 conspiracy theorist who subscribes to this notion is Kevin Barrett, a former associate lecturer at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Of course, one need not be a Muslim to believe in 9/11 conspiracy theories but the Muslim mindset concerning 9/11 ought not be ignored. His views on 9/11 first became public when he wrote a letter to the editor to The Capital Times in Madison in February 2006. “As a Ph.d Islamologist and Arabist I really hate to say this, but I’ll say it anyway: 9/11 had nothing to do with Islam. The war on terror is as phony as the latest Osama bin Laden tape,” wrote Barrett. (www.unknownnews.org/060214a-Barrett.html) Barrett goes on to say that a bin Laden tape that appeared in December 2001 was not bin Laden because “he was at least 40 or 50 pounds heavier.” What? So Osama bin Laden was on the Slim Fast diet? He argued that bin Laden tape could have a “more sinister purpose.” What could that sinister purpose be? Why another “9/11 style attack designed to trigger a U.S.-Israeli nuclear attack on Iran.” In Barrett’s world and that of far too many Muslims (Arabic or not) all that is wrong with the world is the fault of those imperialist Americans and those sneaky Israelis. Barrett also stated he believed bin Laden to have “been dead since late 2001 or early 2002.” In light of this declaration, I suppose Barrett believes the new bin Laden video is also phony.

I am drawing attention to Barrett’s views because they are not unlike the sentiments expressed by the family and friends of Nonie Darwish, the author of Now They Call Me Infidel: Why I Renounced Jihad for America, Israel, and the War on Terror. Darwish was born and raised in Egypt, the daughter of Lieutenant General Mustafa Hafez, the top military commander in the Gaza Strip which was then under Egyptian control. Hafez was killed by Israeli Defense Forces in 1956 and it was his assassination that in part led to Egyptian President Nasser to nationalize the Suez Canal and precipitate an international crisis.

However, as an adult Darwish moved to the United States and would become disenchanted with Arab and Muslim hatred towards America and Israel. In Now They Call Me Infidel, Darwish recounts making phone calls to various relatives and friends living in Egypt after the September 11th attacks. She expected them to be as horrified at the attacks as she was but was in for a rude awakening. In conversations with her mother, sister, cousin, childhood friends, mentors and even an Egyptian government official, all of them either justified the attacks or blamed the attacks on Israel. Darwish writes:

These were some of the nicest, kindest people you could ever meet. Yet reaction to me ranged from defensive to hostile. Everyone showed some degree of satisfaction over what happened on 9/11. I was immediately shut up and told that 9/11 was orchestrated by Israel. Without exception, they were all angry with me for stating the simple facts: that the attack was committed by Arabs.

When Darwish tried to seek solace from Arabs and Muslims living in the United States she received a similar reception. It was this lack of willingness on the part of Arabs and Muslims in both in her native Egypt and in the United States to speak out against terrorism that prompted her to do it on her own. Darwish currently runs a website called Arabs for Israel (www.arabsforisrael.com). It is essentially a forum for Arabs and Muslims who support Israel and peace in the Middle East.

Out of respect for those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001 and their families I do not wish to dwell excessively on the ramblings of 9/11 conspiracy theorists. September 11th ought to be about two things. First, September 11th ought to be about remembering innocent people simply going about their business who lost their lives that day in the most barbaric and terrifying way imaginable. Second, September 11th also ought to serve as a reminder there are people ready, willing and able to kill us because they do not like our way of life and want us to submit to theirs. With these two things in mind, 9/11 conspiracy theorists serve only to minimize the acts of Osama bin Laden, al Qaeda and Islamic fundamentalism. Their obfuscations are at best a nuisance and at worst an act of defamation.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

It's too big to post here but go to the link for a great article about the myths of 9/11. Popular Mechanics is one of the few non-political magazines that maintains a conservative way of things. This guy eventually wrote a complete book on the subject.

This is the absolute best article and scientific proof that 9/11 was no conspiracy by anyone but radical muslim terrorists. It can be debated no further after reading this. And you can point all lefties and loons here or even friends "not too sure" about what happened.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...w/1227842.html
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thread Information