Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Election

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 2016 Election

Too soon for a 2016 election thread?

Apparently not, they're already polling potential candidate popularity in Iowa...

Rand Paul Leads Entire Republican Field In Iowa Poll

July 11, 2013

Rand Paul is leading the entire Republican field of 2016 presidential hopefuls according to a new poll from PPP. Expect full results in a matter of hours. Rick Santorum, who won the previous Iowa caucus, in 7th place. Does this explain the coordinated liberal media attacks?

PPP’s newest look at the Republican race for 2016 in Iowa finds a new leader. Rand Paul is at 18% to 16% for Chris Christie, 15% for Paul Ryan, 14% for Jeb Bush, 11% for Marco Rubio, 10% for Ted Cruz, 6% for Rick Santorum, 2% for Bobby Jindal, and 1% for Susana Martinez. (NOTE: PPP made an error not listing Paul Ryan in their tweet above.) Paul also led the last time we polled New Hampshire with 28% to 25% for Rubio and 14% for Christie.

Marco Rubio had led the way when PPP polled Iowa in February, but has dropped 5 points since then even though his favorability rating is basically unchanged (54/13 then, 54/14 now). Candidates rising since then are Christie (up 4 points and also from 36/33 to 45/27 on his favorability), Paul (up 3 points and from 55/19 favorability to 60/15), and Ryan (up 5 points and from 63/16 favorability to 68/12).

Paul is leading based on his appeal to the furthest right segment of the GOP. With ‘very conservative’ voters he’s at 25% with no one else polling above 13%. Paul is also particularly strong with men (getting 21% to 17% for Christie) and younger voters (getting 32% to 26% for Ryan). Christie has a big advantage with moderates, Bush leads with seniors, and Ryan is up with women.

FULL RESULTS: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...e_Iowa_711.pdf

Paul #1 and Christie #2. Guess it really shows how divided the Republican party is.

Thanks

Default Re: 2016 Election

No, it's a bit late if you ask me.

FIRE THEM ALL!
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...election,_2016

Interesting info from Wiki of GOP candidates who've already expressed interest, and those who've been talked about as potential runners in the public. (As of today 7/22/13)

Republican Party

Publicly expressed interest

Other potential candidates

Thanks

I didn't see my name listed... or Toad's name, nor Ryan, nor Mal or Phil. I think Vector would be a good candidate.

I'd vote for Backstop before I vote for any of these people.

(Ok, there's a few on the list I could like)
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Well, it is Wikipedia.

Just sayin'...

Seriously though, I think there's about 4 names on that list I would vote for off hand: Ted Cruz, Ted Nugent, Rand Paul, and Allen West. I think we've mentioned it before but even though I really like John Bolton, I just don't think he has the gravitas or "command presence" to be President. Scott Walker is a "maybe", I'd like to know more about him. Bobby Jindal is another "maybe". Sarah Palin I think would do better as RNC Chair. There might be a couple others but I'd need to know more about their backgrounds.

Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Scott Brown, and Peter King can all go take a flying leap.

Thanks

I know it's wikipedia, but something like this is pretty straight up with just the facts of what is.

Nugent as POTUS would be a hoot! Talk about throwing a wrench into the gears of DC. I doubt he'd be able to get much done, but sometimes that ain't a bad thing!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    I know it's wikipedia, but something like this is pretty straight up with just the facts of what is.

Nugent as POTUS would be a hoot! Talk about throwing a wrench into the gears of DC. I doubt he'd be able to get much done, but sometimes that ain't a bad thing!
    Sorry, should have quoted Rick since that was directed at him. Meant to imply he could edit it to add us in there.

Didn't mean to make it sound like I was knocking your post for posting from Wiki.

And you're right, Nugent would be awesome. He loves our country and understands limited government and personal freedom.

Thanks

Hmmm... Edit Wikipedia...

By golly..... that's a great idea We could be famous lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Four-part series on Hillary Clinton in the works

July 27th, 2013
    05:58 PM ET

1 day ago
    Posted byCNN's Gregory Wallace and Henry Hanks

(CNN) - The title "Rodham" has already been claimed for a forthcoming film, and now a new series coming to broadcast television will use the other half of a famous name: "Hillary."

It could find a larger audience than other such projects in the works – it is being produced for a broadcast television network.

Former secretary of state, senator, first lady – and possible 2016 presidential candidate – Hillary Clinton will be the subject of a four-hour miniseries coming to NBC, the network said Saturday.

Oscar- and Emmy-nominated actress Diane Lane will play Clinton, and the series will be written by Courtney Hunt, whose debut film "Frozen River" was nominated for an Oscar.

NBC said the series is in "early development" alongside other historical-themed projects.

"Hillary" will begin in 1998, the year her husband, President Bill Clinton, denied having had an affair with a White House intern and was impeached by the House.

It was not clear whether an actor would be cast to play him or who that would be.
    "In the years following, she would eventually become a United States senator, run for president and, ultimately, serve the country as secretary of state," the network said.

The producers of "Rodham" have not yet announced a leading actress but said they are talking to a number of potential candidates. It will focus on an earlier period in her life when she worked on the House committee investigating the Watergate scandal.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Chris Christie: Rand Paul ‘Dangerous’

July 26, 2013

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is ripping libertarians — including Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) — for challenging government surveillance programs and failing to understand the dangers of terrorism.

“This strain of libertarianism that’s going through parties right now and making big headlines I think is a very dangerous thought,” the New Jersey GOP governor said on Thursday at a Republican governors forum in Aspen, Colo. “You can name any number of people and (Paul is) one of them.

Christie, a potential 2016 candidate who appeared on the panel with Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, said lawmakers who are questioning government surveillance programs should hear from the families affected by the Sept. 11 attacks.

“These esoteric, intellectual debates — I want them to come to New Jersey and sit across from the widows and the orphans and have that conversation. And they won’t, because that’s a much tougher conversation to have,” Christie said.

“The next attack that comes, that kills thousands of Americans as a result, people are going to be looking back on the people having this intellectual debate and wondering whether they put …” Christie said before trailing off.

Paul’s office shot back on Friday, saying Christie may need a “new dictionary.”

“If Gov. Christie believes the constitutional rights and the privacy of all Americans is ‘esoteric’, he either needs a new dictionary, or he needs to talk to more Americans, because a great number of them are concerned about the dramatic overreach of our government in recent years,” Doug Stafford, a senior adviser to Paul, said in a statement to POLITICO. “Defending America and fighting terrorism is the concern of all Americans, especially Sen. Paul. But it can and must be done in keeping with our Constitution and while protecting the freedoms that make America exceptional.”

“In the words of the governor’s favorite lyricist, ‘You know that flag flying over the courthouse, Means certain things are set in stone. Who we are, what we’ll do and what we won’t,’” Stafford added, citing Bruce Springsteen lyrics.

Paul continued the attacks on Twitter, tweeting from his official Senate account on Friday “Christie worries about the dangers of freedom. I worry about the danger of losing that freedom. Spying without warrants is unconstitutional.”

Paul’s campaign account took the jabs a step further on Friday, writing Christie’s last name as (Crist)ie, perhaps as a suggestion that the New Jersey governor is a party switcher, like former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist who switched from the Republican to Democratic party in 2012.

“Chris (Crist)ie thinks freedom is dangerous. Dangerous is borrowing money from China to send to people who burn our flag,” one tweet read.

“Chris (Crist)ie should hear from more Americans who value both security and privacy,” said another.

At the forum in Aspen, Christie also praised President Barack Obama’s and George W. Bush’s policies used to fight terrorism.

“President Obama has done nothing to change the policies of the Bush administration in the war on terrorism. And I mean practically nothing,” he said. “And you know why? Cause they work.”

Thanks

Rand Paul IS Dangerous... to Big Government.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Christie's incredible intellect...

“These esoteric, intellectual debates — I want them to come to New Jersey and sit across from the widows and the orphans and have that conversation. And they won’t, because that’s a much tougher conversation to have,” Christie said.
    Substance = zero

Thanks

If Christie would just have a spine on Gun control, I'd be all in. I like his no nonsense approach to fiscal policy.

There are a handful of gun bills headed to his desk in the next few weeks and he cannot become president unless he vetoes them. He's not really given any indication of how he'll move on these bills. I know why he can't...the legislature will take steps to alter the bills if he says he's going to veto them, so whatever he plans on doing, he's got to keep his cards hidden until the time comes.

I have issues with all politicians on privacy. More people have been killed by SWAT raids and cops than terrorists in every year except 2001. Terrorism really isn't such a problem that every American has to be spied upon 24/7 in every possible way.

I am pretty sure I wouldn't even bother with airline security. Leave it up to the airlines. If I can carry a gun on the plane, No one is hijacking my airplane. Contrary to Bond Film villains a hole in the fuselage will not suck you out like goldfinger.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I have issues with all politicians on privacy. More people have been killed by SWAT raids and cops than terrorists in every year except 2001. Terrorism really isn't such a problem that every American has to be spied upon 24/7 in every possible way.
    You know what? I didn't even KNOW this... that's awful.

And I'm with you, no one is hijacking an aircraft I'm on. Whether I have a weapon or not. Improvised weapons aren't all that difficult to get together quickly out of your backpack if you're smart.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    I like his no nonsense approach to fiscal policy.
    That is literally ALL Christie has going for him. Unfortunately, that's not enough to get me to vote for him. If he's the 2016 nominee I won't be voting for a Presidential candidate. Don't care who he's up against. I waffled back and forth last time around with Romney but it really came down to Obama being the more dangerous option. Now that we've passed that Rubicon, there's really no point in voting for the lesser evil this next time around.

Thanks

Hillary Clinton 2016 might look a lot like Barack Obama 2012

By Chris Cillizza and Sean Sullivan, Published: July 29 at 6:30 am

Comments

President Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton are having lunch today at the White House.

Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. AFP/Getty Images.

It’s easy to overanalyze What It All Means — given that Obama and Clinton are not only the two most famous politicians in the country but also have, well, a past. Once rivals for the top office, they became allies of a sort with Clinton serving as Obama’s top diplomat.

But, Clinton isn’t announcing for president anytime soon (although we do believe she will run) and Obama isn’t endorsing anyone for president anytime soon (and probably won’t ever).

Sometimes a lunch is just a lunch.

That said, the lunch that launched 1,000 “will she” and “will he” stories does give us a chance to write about something that has intrigued us of late: The idea that Clinton may well be the heir to a vast majority (or at least a majority) of the campaign talent that elected and then reelected Obama.

Earlier this month, Jeremy Bird, the national field director for Obama’s reelection race, and Mitch Stewart, who ran the 10 swing state operation for the president, signed on to “Ready for Hillary,” the super PAC that is functioning as a campaign-in-waiting for Clinton should she decide to run.

While the Bird/Stewart hires drew attention when they were announced, it’s hard to overestimate what the duo’s decision to work for a Clinton vehicle (and said vehicle’s willingness to have them) means going forward.

The single most valuable commodity in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination is the staff talent that Obama cultivated during his two presidential campaigns. While some of the top names — David Plouffe, David Axelrod, Jim Messina, Dan Pfeiffer etc. — are Obama-ites through and through and won’t likely ever work on another presidential campaign, there is a whole layer of staff talent beneath them that is itching to bring what they learned in 2008 and/or 2012 to bear on another campaign. Bird and Stewart are at, or near, the top of that list — due in no small part to their expertise in building a field operation, a major weak spot of Clinton’s 2008 campaign.

Getting Bird and Stewart does not, of course, mean that the Obama campaign team — such as it is once some of the more senior people peel off to make megabucks in the private sector — will move en masse to Clinton if she runs in 2016. But, it does create at least the possibility that Clinton might have the lion’s share of those people in 2016, as opposed to their scattering to a variety of candidates in the race.

This may well be a moot point — under two scenarios. In the first, Clinton doesn’t run, leaving the Birds and Stewarts of the world in search of another candidate. In the second, she does run and, in so doing, drives all of the other serious challengers (Joe Biden and so on) out of the race. Under the latter scenario, every ambitious staffer — those tied to Obama and those not — has no choice but to sign on with Clinton.

Still, in these early days of the 2016 presidential race, staff hires are critical. Keep an eye on any other Obama campaign talent starts moving toward Clinton.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Hillary Receives American Patriot Award From National Defense University Foundation

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/photo-ga...d-for-hillary/

Hillary Clinton Honored With American Patriot Award

WASHINGTON, DC - NOVEMBER 14: Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton speaks after being awarded the American Patriot Award during the National Defense University Foundation annual gala at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center Ê November 14, 2013 in Washington, DC. The award is given annually to "leaders of extraordinary caliber who have strengthened AmericaÕs strategic interests and advanced global security." Past honorees include former President George H.W. Bush, former Defense Secretary Robert Gates, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and General Colin Powell. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Really?!

Thanks

They have been talking about this for weeks on the blogs....

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

American Patriot, did you really give her an award?

Thread Information