Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Election

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: 2016 Election

Is Fox News Preparing Proverbial “Kill Shot” Against Trump Campaign?

Posted on by DCWhispers

On Thursday, Fox News will be hosting the final GOP presidential debate just days removed from the Iowa Caucus. A growing din of whispers surrounding the impending debate has at least one member of the moderating panel specifically targeting Donald Trump’s demise.

It appears the Trump campaign has already initiated counter measures as Mr. Trump himself called for Fox personality and upcoming debate moderator, Megyn Kelly to be removed from the moderator panel. Trump and Kelly have engaged in an ongoing war of words since Kelly’s first stint at moderating during a GOP debate last fall that had her issuing what many Trump supporters felt to be an unusually aggressive, anti-Trump series of questions at the Republican front-runner.

This past week, Megyn Kelly focused considerable time on her Fox News program to the National Review’s most recent and highly controversial issue that was devoted entirely to trying to convince voters not to support Donald Trump. That focus on her show led Mr. Trump to issue the following statement via Twitter:

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

Based on Megyn Kelly’s conflict of interest and bias she should not be allowed to be a moderator of the next debate

Fox News was quick to respond that Kelly would remain as part of the GOP debate panel.

The timing of the Trump vs Kelly dynamic is made even more interesting given the threats issued against Donald Trump from some of the most powerful geopolitical players on the planet during the uber-exclusive World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland:

It was at that conference [Davos] that a figure with significant ties to Fox News’ own bottom line let it be known his intention to make certain Donald Trump will never win the White House. His name is Martin Sorrell, a British citizen and head of WPP, quite possibly the single most influential and prominent marketing firm in the world with decades-old ties to the most elite of the elite. Here is what Mr. Sorrell had to say regarding Donald Trump just days ago:

“It doesn’t matter who the Republicans put up…Hillary will win.”

Now here is where the link between Mr. Sorrell’s comment, which seems to make quite clear his absolute confidence in how the 2016 election will play out well before even the first primary vote has been cast, and Fox News becomes far more clear: MONEY.

Lots and lots of money.

Fox News, like most other similar media ventures, lives or dies on advertising revenue.

WPP and its myriad of affiliates, represents up to HALF of all Fox News ad revenue. WPP’s clients include such corporate giants as Ford, Glaxo Smith, IBM, Microsoft, Nestle, Walmart, Unilever, etc. – clients who in turn represent tens of millions of dollars in monthly ad revenue that keep the lights of Fox News on and pays the salaries of on-air personalities like Megyn Kelly.

Rumor has it that Mr. Sorrell has already played a pivotal role in manipulating the on-air lineups at Fox and other media entities through the sheer, brute force of the significant advertising dollars his clients represent.

So when someone like Martin Sorrell signals it doesn’t matter who the Republicans nominate because Hillary Clinton is going to be the next President of the United States regardless, it is a prediction/threat that should be taken very seriously.

Now let us add another anti-Trump threat that came out of Davos as well this past week. This one was issued by Niall Ferguson, a highly influential Harvard professor and political policy architect declared by TIME magazine to be among the most 100 influential people in the world.

Professor Ferguson stated he is,”… very much looking forward to” the imminent humiliation of Donald Trump, a rather ominous declaration that hints of an an impending “political kill-shot” intended to end the Trump campaign once and for all.

Sorrell and Ferguson are said to have a relationship that dates back several years. Sorrell himself has aided Ferguson’s considerable publishing ventures. Here is a quote from 2004 where he did just that when asked what reading material he deemed most essential for that year:

Martin Sorrell, CEO of WPP Group: Colossus: The Price of America’s Empire, by Niall Ferguson. “Extremely topical,” says Sorrell.

Both men are unabashed globalists seeking to break down the concept of nations in favor of a New World Order. For those looking to learn who was among the architects of the McCain the Campaign movement of 2008 that saw John McCain’s seemingly broken White House aspirations suddenly emerge with new life, look no further than British-born, Niall Ferguson who was an adviser to McCain in 2008. McCain went on to lose in a landslide to Barack Obama, a result some have suggested was the intended outcome of the McCain the Campaign operation all along.

Ferguson’s primary publisher of his books is Penguin Books – a longtime client of Martin Sorrell’s WPP advertising conglomerate. Adding to the incestuous nature of these relations is the fact Megyn Kelly’s husband is himself an author whose primary publisher is Simon & Schuster, itself owned by media giant CBS that in turn has a longtime relationship with…WPP.

The next Fox News GOP primary debate is scheduled for this Thursday, January 28th at the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines, Iowa.

It would appear Donald Trump’s political survival might very well be at stake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorrell might not be wrong. Even though you might not thin it is, it's going to be tough for the Republicans to pull out a win.

http://www.270towin.com/

Add on top of that Trump does worse against Clinton and Sanders than Cruz, as well as has among the worst favorables of any Republican with Republicans and the worst favorables among Independents and Democrats.

Thanks

Trump Vows a ‘Close,’ ‘Good Relationship’ With Pelosi and Schumer as President

January 26, 2016

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump used a Tuesday appearance on MSNBC to tout the fact that, as president, he would work with Democratic leaders in Congress to get things done.

He specifically talked about House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and asserted he was “close” to Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), who is expected to replace outgoing Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.)

“I’ve always had a good relationship with Nancy Pelosi. I’ve never had a problem. Reid will be gone,” Trump said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” Tuesday. He continued:

I always had a decent relationship with Reid, although lately, obviously, I haven’t been dealing with him, so he’ll actually use my name as the ultimate — you know, as the ultimate of the billionaires in terms of, you know, people you don’t want. I always had a great relationship with Harry Reid and frankly, if I weren’t running for office I would be able to deal with her or Reid or anybody. But I think I’d be able to get along very well with Nancy Pelosi and just about everybody.

Trump went on to speak well of Schumer, saying, “I’ll be able to get along well with Chuck Schumer — I was always very good with Schumer. I was close to Schumer in many ways. It’s important that you get along.”

Since 1996, Trump has contributed more than $10,000 to Schumer’s campaigns for House and Senate, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

He took a shot at his leading Republican primary opponent, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, for not getting along with other members of Congress.

“It’s wonderful to say you’re a maverick and you’re going to stand up and close up the country and all of the things, but you have to get somebody to go along with you,” Trump said. “You have a lot of people. We have a system. The founders created the system that actually is a very good system. It does work, but it can’t work if you can get nobody to go along with you. That’s the problem that you have with Ted Cruz. He is a guy that nobody likes and nobody trusts, and he is a nasty guy. He says things that are very nasty. So I have to be nastier than him. It’s just one of those things.”

Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh warned that later that day that this might not be what Trump’s supporters want to hear.

“Judging by my email, by the way, this is a red flag for a lot of people,” Limbaugh said.

Donald Trump is throwing up a lot of red flags and I can damn near guarantee, people voting for him are not going to get what they think they're getting.

Thanks

Just reported on Levin a little bit ago. Trump is pulling out of the upcoming debate because of Megyn Kelly being a moderator.

Thanks

I think that action will help Cruz quite a bit. But then this is one of the strangest election cycles I've ever seen so who knows?
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thanks

I seriously think it may be one of the worst moves Trump could have made and could be a downward turning point in his campaign to all but the most hardcore Kool-Ade drinkers.

Since Trump went on the offensive against Cruz, on various talk radio shows I've heard quite a lot of dissatisfied, Trump supporters saying either they are or are considering strongly supporting Cruz because of how Trump is acting.

I don't think Trump realizes this is politics, not real estate or business.

Thanks

Forgot to mention Cruz threw down the gauntlet and challenged Trump to a 1 on 1 debate in a 90 minute Lincoln-Douglas style debate on Levin's show.

Guarantee Trump doesn't have the stones to show.

Thanks

Trump is planning an open media town hall style meeting. Very Dem if you ask me, but could offset the debate issue. If he gets enough Obama supporters that are dissatisfied with Obama to come over, (which so far he's doing well with), it could end up that his absence at the debate has zero chance of hurting him. That may be why Cruz quickly challenged him to a one on one debate. Very smart, and Trump's refusal could appear as fear to many should he decline. This in turn could force Trump to do a one on one debate. The hardcore base that supports Trump won't change their minds but Cruz could win big with that one on one debate. To be honest I don't think many in the country see the others as having a shot anyway. Of course no one thought McCain did either in that cycle.

My only concern is whether or not Mark Levin can keep it from getting out of hand should Trump show up. Otherwise it's going to be a circus that accomplishes nothing.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thanks

I think Trump's negatives are much too high with Independents and Dems that supported Obama to make much of a difference for Trump (see poll above). They're going to Bernie.

As for who else might still have a chance, despite Rubio's standings in the polls, the real dark horse is Carson. Where I am I've seen more Carson bumper stickers than anyone else and Carson has raised almost as much as Cruz but is burning through it at a phenomenal rate.

With the 1 on 1 debate, Levin said he pretty much intends to interject for commercial breaks only but I could see Levin blowing the whistle if Trump escalated it to circus-like, unlistenable levels.

Thanks

Wow, what a difference not having Trump in the debate made!

Really flowed the way it should have from the beginning.

Serious topics were able to be discussed (as opposed to wall-to-wall Trump said this, Trump said that), the candidate to candidate attacks were pretty limited, and because of that they were able to focus more on Hillary and Sanders than each other.

I will admit Cruz started off a little rocky. I think he was stuck in the previous debate formats dealing with Trump. He shaped up and got right quickly though and finished strong!

Thanks

Cruz has just pulled off a big time win to show that Trump is not invulnerable! Hell, he barely eeked out a win against Rubio.

Truth be told, I was cheering for Rubio to pull off a #2 slot just to watch Trump's head explode on national TV.

As of right now, there is a 0.2% vote separating Bernie and Clinton. That is scary.

Thanks

A record 180k Republican votes.

And the "experts" were predicting if it was a record turnout it would give Trump a win. Guess not!

Thanks

Cruz's full victory speech. I really liked it!

Rubio's speech was also good. And Trump's was 5 minutes of him obviously biting his tongue to keep from saying how fat and stupid he thought Iowa was.

Thanks

Very interesting, I figured Trump would win, followed by Cruz, then the open borders Cuban dickhead.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

That's what I was afraid of as well especially with Cruz taking a firm anti-subsidies stand. Was very glad to see it turned out otherwise and gave me a slight glimmer of hope in the electorate.

Don't think that Cruz is going to win NH but hopefully he has a strong showing.

Not sure about how SC is going to pan out either. Trump has been polling strongly there for a while but who know.

Super Tuesday will definitely be make or break.

Thanks

I wish they'd arrest Hillary already.....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

It's official, Rand is out of the race.

It's too bad he decided to throw in with Mitch McConnell and pander to Sharpton and the Fergatards. I really liked him until then.

Hopefully he'll throw his support behind Cruz. I know it won't be Donald Trump that gets his support given their history and him supporting Rubio seems less likely since he's now the establishment favorite.

Thanks

I tell you this, if Rubio gets the nod, I ain't voting for him. I would rather 8 years of hell. Those 8 hell years would produce a true leader from the ashes of the country instead of an open borders son of a bartender.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I don't know... I'm torn on Rubio.

On one hand I feel exactly like you Mal. On the other I remember how opposed he was by the establishment when he first ran because they said he was too extremely conservative.

I don't trust him on immigration but, I trust him a lot more on Obamacare than Trump who has said, even through this campaign, he wants universal healthcare. I also trust Rubio more on the Second Amendment than Trump since Rubio hails from Florida and Trump from NYC.

I don't like Rubio's stance on the Patriot Act and domestic surveillance but Trump shares the same view as Rubio.

I think in the end, I could vote for Rubio but I wouldn't like it. I have zero trust in Trump and will not vote for him. He likes to make too many deals, has a hugely checkered past, and has so many skeletons in his closet it is beyond overflowing.

I just hope Cruz pulls off the win and we aren't put in the position to have to make that choice.

Thanks

I want someone to go in there, kick over the anthill and burn the scurrying little fuckers with a magnifying glass.

Rubio is going to Fellate the GOPe and give handies to the Dems. Eff him.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thread Information