Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Election

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: 2016 Election

Why Do Trump and Rubio Still Favor Cheap Foreign Labor?

February 16, 2016

What is remarkable about the 2016 presidential election process thus far is the sheer volume of important questions that have not been asked. While the leftist media is busy asking candidates about their shoes, the things the American people should know—indeed, need to know—before they vote in the primaries and again in the fall never seem to come up.

In keeping with this pattern of discussing nonsense over substance, two of the candidates running for the Republican presidential nomination, Marco Rubio and Donald Trump, have never been asked to fully explain their position on foreign workers: Why do they both support the importation and use of cheap foreign labor, and the displacement of American employees?

While Rubio is widely known for his comprehensive amnesty bill, his name is also on another atrocious and much more recent immigration bill. He has yet to be asked about it at a debate or in any major forum on the campaign trail. In January 2015, Rubio joined Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) as an original co-sponsor of a bill that is deceptively named the Immigration Innovation (or “I-Squared”) Act. The only original thing about this bill is that its supporters have innovatively prevented the American people from noticing how economically destructive it would be if it ever became law.

The I-Squared Act calls for a dramatic increase in the number of foreign workers that can be brought into the United States under the H-1B visa program. On paper, the H-1B program is ostensibly designed to allow U.S. employers to find highly educated individuals from abroad to fill highly technical positions that could not be filled by Americans. In reality, however, the H-1B program has been rampantly abused by corporate America to fire experienced American information technology employees and replace them with cheap foreign labor. H-1B visas cover virtually any immigrant with a run-of-the-mill bachelor’s degree in numerous disciplines; it’s hardly limited to rocket scientists.

The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, which represents 235,000 Americans in the electronics and computing industries, came out forcefully against the I-Squared Act shortly after its introduction, stating in no uncertain terms that the bill would “Help Destroy [the] U.S. High-Tech Workforce.”

Despite protestations from the corporate disciples of H-1B visas, story after story after story demonstrate how the program is being abused and is in desperate need of substantial reform or outright elimination.

With that in mind, you will be happy to know that the Hatch-Rubio I-Squared Act … proposes precisely zero reforms to the H-1B program and calls for a more-than-threefold increase in H-1B visas. And while the legislation was technically introduced by Senator Hatch, Rubio is what’s known as an “original co-sponsor,” which is Rubio’s way of saying: If Senator Hatch hadn’t beat me to introducing this job-killing legislation, I would have introduced it myself. Not exactly a pro-jobs position, with almost 100 million Americans either unemployed or under-employed.

Rubio’s continued support of the I-Squared Act is particularly mind-boggling given the public relations meltdown and subsequent class action litigation against ABC-Disney for its termination of literally hundreds of Disney IT workers in Orlando and its subsequent replacement of them with H-1B foreign labor. In what is typical of a lot of other H-1B displacement situations, Disney fired these experienced IT workers en masse, not because they had done anything wrong or were under-performing, but because they were being paid what they were worth and it was cutting into Disney CEO Bob Iger’s martini fund.

As if the mass-firing of Americans for being good at what they do was not enough, these Americans had to suffer the awful indignity of training their foreign replacements in order to receive their severance or retirement pay. Disney’s abuse came to light as a result of the courageous disclosure by a couple of former IT workers who had been let go. But there are other untold stories of H-1B abuse out there, and a lot of them are reportedly in Florida.

Someone needs to ask Rubio why he supports expansion of a job-killing visa program and legislation that would trigger the loss of even more American jobs.

Ted Cruz also got roped into the ridiculous quest for more H-1B visas when he first entered the Senate and signed onto ridiculous legislation to expand the program. But at least he has been moved by the Disney scandal and has sponsored legislation with Sen. Sessions to reform the program. We can ask legitimate questions about whether Cruz’s conversion is part of his broader, strong record on immigration or simply a campaign pander, but the bigger question is which other candidates are still bad on the issue, despite the publically-reported scandals.

Trump’s campaign has lobbed fire at Rubio for the latter’s unapologetic, pro-corporatist support for the H-1B program generally and the I-Squared Act specifically. But Trump himself has used quite a few foreign visa programs in his day to hire cheaper foreign workers instead of Americans, and he needs to be asked about that as well.

More specifically, Trump has been, and continues to be, an all-too-frequent user of several foreign visa programs. This is not conjecture but fact: according to Business Insider, an earlier Reuters investigation determined that U.S. Department of Labor records show that nine companies that are majority-owned by Trump have imported at least 1,100 foreign workers on temporary visas since 2000. While some of these visas are for fashion models, he has brought hundreds of others in to do jobs that Americans would do: waitresses, cooks, event managers, and even an assistant golf course superintendent.

For those who are curious, Trump is still using these visa programs to bring in foreign workers, his campaign rhetoric aside. According to this same report, Trump’s posh Palm Beach, Florida luxury resort, Mar-a-Lago, filed paperwork with the Department of Labor last July—in other words, in 2015—to bring in 70 foreign workers to work at Mar-a-Lago. These are jobs that Americans could have right now. (Mar-a-Lago appears to have brought in as many as 787 foreign workers since 2006, by the way.)

Trump needs to explain his use of foreign worker visa programs, particularly given his chest-thumping but detail-free pronouncements about how he will be the greatest jobs-producing president ever. To his credit, he is critical of the H-1B program on his website, but when asked about Mark Zuckerberg’s quest for more foreign workers last October during the CNBC debate, he echoed the open border talking points:

I was not at all critical of him [Zuckerberg]. I was not at all. In fact, frankly, he's complaining about the fact that we're losing some of the most talented people. They go to Harvard; they go to Yale; they go to Princeton. They come from another country and they are immediately sent out. I am all in favor of keeping these talented people here so they can go to work in Silicon Valley.

Later on in the debate, moderator Becky Quick asked Trump about his website and whether he supports the H-1B program. Trump simply said “I’m in favor of people coming into this country legally…. You can call it anything you want,”

If Trump is going to garner a lot of support based on his supposed position on immigration shouldn’t we get some clarity at this late hour in the race?

If Trump’s grand plan to “Make America Great Again” is to replace as many Americans with cheaper foreign workers as possible, he probably should explain this to the 100 million Americans who are looking for work. Bringing jobs back to the United States and imposing Marxist taxes on companies that open offices overseas will do little good if he also imports workers from other countries to fill those jobs.

There are a lot of questions about positions taken by candidates over the course of their career. Those are legitimate questions. But Trump, who sells himself as a pro-American worker candidate, and Rubio, who claims to have seen the light on immigration, have never been taken to task for their existing support of foreign workers. And if our next president doesn’t leadership on this issue, it certainly won’t come from congressional Republicans.

Thanks

Code Pink Praises Donald Trump After Debate

February 15, 2016

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is being praised by Code Pink, a group working to end U.S. wars and militarism that has protested the Iraq War.

Trump garnered support from the organization during the GOP debate Saturday night when he called the Iraq War a mistake and accused the George W. Bush administration of lying before the invasion.

Trump garnered support from the organization during the GOP debate Saturday night when he called the Iraq War a mistake and accused the George W. Bush administration of lying before the invasion.

Code Pink co-founder Medea Benjamin said in an email to the Huffington Post that she "loved" the debate.

“It felt surreal to hear Donald Trump, the leading Republican contender for President, saying what we at CODEPINK have been shouting to the winds for 14 years now: that Bush and his cronies lied about WMDs, that the Iraq war was catastrophic, and that Bush never 'kept us safe' because 9/11 happened on his watch.”

Benjamin said that she also agrees with Trump that the war wasted money that could have been used to rebuild the country's infrastructure -- a theme the group uses in a campaign called "Bring out war dollars home."

"It was wild," she said.

Benjamin also told the Huffington Post that Trump has gone farther on the issue than Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders. But she added that this might not be the best way to win votes.

"He certainly won't win over the anti-war crowd with his Islamophobia and anti-immigrant tirades. But on this issue, I'd give him a Pink Badge of Courage,” Benjamin said.

“I only wish that the bed was as YUGE as Trump's bank account. Most of the country should fit in that bed.”

Thanks

Sen. Tom Coburn: Donald Trump’s Retweet, ‘An Absolute Fabrication’

February 16, 2016

Donald Trump’s campaign used a quote that was wrongly attributed to retired Sen. Tom Coburn to bash real-life rival Sen. Ted Cruz, according to the retired Oklahoma Senator.

“It’s an absolute fabrication. I’ve never said that, period,” Coburn responded. “It’s unfortunate he would use my name to say something dishonest. It’s a total fabrication.”

“To me, it’s more of loose play with the truth and loose play with the words,” Coburn added.

Dan Scavino, Trump’s social media director, reportedly posted a tweet quoting Coburn, saying, “He is, without a doubt, one of the most dishonest people in D.C.,” referencing Cruz. That tweet was then retweeted by Trump.

However, the quote appears to come directly from progressive website ForwardProgressives.com and writer Allen Clifton, who used the exact language to describe Cruz,” the Washington Examiner reports.

“I’ve made no secret of my total disdain for Sen. Ted Cruz,” Clifton wrote. “He epitomizes everything that’s wrong with the Republican party. He is, without a doubt, one of the most dishonest people in Washington and, in my opinion, a complete sociopath.”

Cruz’s spokesman Rick Tyler responded to the incident, saying, “There is a reason ‘trumped up’ means phony.”

The Trump campaign has not responded to questions from Breitbart News about the Coburn quote.

Thanks

Trump Falls Behind Cruz in National NBC/WSJ Poll

February 17, 2016

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has fallen behind Ted Cruz in the national GOP horserace, according to a brand-new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

In the poll, Cruz is the first choice of 28 percent of Republican primary voters, while Trump gets 26 percent. They're followed by Marco Rubio at 17 percent, John Kasich at 11 percent, Ben Carson at 10 percent and Jeb Bush at 4 percent.

The results from the poll — conducted after Trump's victory in New Hampshire and Saturday's GOP debate in South Carolina — are a significant reversal from last month, when Trump held a 13-point lead over Cruz, 33 percent to 20 percent.

Republican pollster Bill McInturff, who conducted this survey with Democratic pollster Peter Hart and his firm Hart Research Associates, says Trump's drop could signal being "right on top of a shift in the campaign."

"When you see a number this different, it means you might be right on top of a shift in the campaign. What you don't know yet is if the change is going to take place or if it is a momentary 'pause' before the numbers snap back into place," he said.

McInturff added, "So, one poll post-Saturday debate can only reflect there may have been a 'pause' as Republican voters take another look at Trump. This happened earlier this summer and he bounced back stronger. We will have to wait this time and see what voters decide."

This poll comes after other surveys -- both nationally and in South Carolina, the site of Saturday's next Republican contest -- show Trump with a commanding lead. But some of those weren't conducted entirely after the last debate like the NBC/WSJ poll.

Another possible explanation for Trump's decline in the new NBC/WSJ poll is an increase in "very conservative" Republican voters from January's sample.

If the current poll is re-weighted to reflect the ideological composition from last month, the GOP horserace numbers are: Trump 26 percent, Cruz 25 percent, Rubio 18 percent and Kasich 13 percent — so Trump is ahead by one point, but still down from January.

In addition to Trump's decline in the GOP race, the new NBC/WSJ poll shows a nine-point drop in the percentage of GOP primary voters who can see themselves supporting the real-estate mogul — from 65 percent in January to 56 percent now.

The highest candidate scores on this scale: Rubio (70 percent can see themselves supporting him), Cruz (65 percent), Carson (62 percent), Trump (56 percent), Kasich (49 percent) and Bush (46 percent).

And in hypothetical one-on-one match ups, Trump trails both Cruz (56 percent to 40 percent) and Rubio (57 percent to 41 percent). In January, Trump was ahead of Rubio (by seven points) but behind Cruz (by eight points).

The NBC/WSJ poll was conducted Feb. 14-16 of 800 registered voters (which has a margin of error of plus-minus 3.5 percentage points) and 400 GOP primary voters (which has a margin of error of plus-minus 4.9 percentage points).

Here are full results of the poll.

Thanks

Conservative Icon Thomas Sowell Endorses Ted Cruz, Says Trump Is An ‘Overgrown Spoiled Brat’

February 17, 2016

Thomas Sowell, a leading intellectual who has been on the frontlines of the conservative movement for decades, is endorsing Sen. Ted Cruz as his choice to be the next President of the United States.

Writing in RealClearPolitics, Sowell explained that “the vacancy created on the Supreme Court makes painfully clear the huge stakes involved when we choose a President of the United States.”

“Given the advanced ages of other justices, the next president is likely to have enough vacancies to fill to be able to shape the future of the court that helps shape the future of America,” Sowell added.

Sowell castigated the “frivolous rhetoric and childish antics” seen in the recent Republican debates.

“If ever there was a time to choose a president with depth, rather than glitter or glibness, this is it,” he commented.

The conservative intellectual revealed he is no fan of Republican nominee Donald Trump.

“Some seem to think that Donald Trump’s lead in the polls and in the New Hampshire primary make him the most electable candidate, even if he often acts like an overgrown spoiled brat,” he opined. “But the fact that Trump leads in the polls does not mean that he is electable in the general election this fall. He is ahead only because the majority vote among Republicans has been split among so many other candidates.”

Ultimately, Ted Cruz is Sowell’s choice, because Sen. Marco Rubio has “no comparable experience,” he states.

“As someone who once clerked for a Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, he will know how important choosing Justice Scalia’s replacement will be. And he has the intellect to understand much more,” Sowell concluded.

Holy cow! What a ringing endorsement!

When you have brilliant folks like Sowel, Gura, and a whole boatload of others supporting a candidate that should tell you all you need to know.

Unfortunately I question how smart the electorate in general is. I'm not the most hopeful in that regard...

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

How I Came To My Opinion On Donald Trump

Dana Loesch
    Feb 19, 2016

I receive this question almost more than any other: Why don't you support Donald Trump? I've met the man, his camp asked me to introduce him at CPAC in 2015, he was perfectly amiable. He's been on my radio and TV programs more than any other primary candidate. I just can't get on board with his lack of consistency or his policies. So, to answer the question: A bulleted list of items that helped shape my opinion on the Republican primary candidate. All information is public domain as reported in the press, easily found everywhere online. You're certainly welcome to your own opinion, but this is what contributed to mine. As I give courtesy to diverse opinion on the topic, so do I expect it in return.

--> Trump says he will "hire the best minds" as president but according to the news items below, apparently did not vet his own business partners.
    Trump and Felix Sater:
    Though he touts his outstanding memory, when Donald Trump was asked under oath about his dealings with a twice-convicted Russian émigré who served prison time and had documented mafia connections, the real estate mogul was at a loss.
    Even though the man, Felix Sater, had played a role in a number of high-profile Trump-branded projects across the country.
    [...]
    ... Donald Trump has also been seeking to minimize his past business ties with Sater, the Russian émigré who appeared in photos with Trump, and carried a Trump Organization business card with the title “Senior Advisor to Donald Trump.”
    More:
    After Sater's criminal history and past ties to organized crime came to light in 2007, Trump distanced himself from Sater.
    Less than three years later, however, Trump tapped Sater for a business development role that came with the title of senior adviser to Donald Trump. Sater received Trump Organization business cards and was given an office within the Trump Organization's headquarters, on the same floor as Trump's own.
    **Interestingly, Sater has a connection to Attorney General Loretta Lynch. Lynch aided Sater:
    Lynch’s office appeared to have let self-professed criminals walk free in exchange for their cooperation, watched impassively as they committed further crimes, and intentionally kept the victims of those crimes in the dark — denying them their legal right to seek restitution.
    In 2013, former federal judge Paul Cassell testified before the House Judiciary Committee, and encouraged them to look at how Lynch’s office had handled a stock fraud case. That case involved Felix Sater, a convicted fraudster with ties to the mafia. Utah senator Orrin Hatch, a Republican member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, asked Lynch to respond to Cassell’s testimony. He also asked whether Lynch had complied with federal laws that ensure restitution is provided to crime victims.
    Washington Examiner on the Lynch-Sater arrangement.

More on Trump's deals from Wayne Barrett:
    One associate who was an "unindicted co-conspirator" in a massive 2000 stock swindle—and escaped prison only by helping to convict 19 others, including six members of New York crime families
    • Two associates who served prison time on cocaine charges
    • Another partner prosecuted for trafficking underage girls after a dramatic helicopter raid on a yacht off the Turkish coast
    • A pending lawsuit against Trump Soho that alleges daughter Ivanka, among others, made fraudulent misrepresentations
    Barrett's experience with writing about Trump?
    "While I was reporting that book in 1990, I was muscled out of Trump Castle and handcuffed overnight to a wall at the Atlantic City jail. I haven’t done much reporting about him since the book, but when his numbers shot to the top in recent presidential polls, I took another look and asked his office for an interview. His response was a letter threatening a libel suit. Trump did sue Tim O’Brien, who was a research assistant on my Trump book, when Tim wrote a sequel in 2005. Now the national editor of the Huffington Post, O’Brien finally prevailed after years of litigation. I obtained—and not from O’Brien—a copy of the two-day deposition Trump gave in that lawsuit. The December 2007 transcript is a road map of the dark paths Trump’s business career has taken in recent years."
    MORE:

Trump Soho, Trump Fort Lauderdale, Trump Las Olas, summary: Trump’s business partner on these projects is Bayrock Group, which is headquartered in Trump Tower. The partnership dates back to 2005. Felix Sater, whose father is a reputed Russian mob boss, is a top Bayrock executive. As the Daily Beast reported, in 2000 Felix was named an “unindicted co-conspirator” in a massive stock swindle “which resulted in19 guilty pleas and the conviction of six mobsters – including the nephew of Carmine “the Snake” Persico and the brother-in-law of Sammy “the Bull” Gravano.” The founding chairman of Bayrock is Tevfik Arif, who has reputed Russian organized crime ties. In 2010 he was charged in Turkey for smuggling underage girls into the country for prostitution. Another principal in the deal is Russian émigré Tamir Sapir, who also lives in Trump Tower. Sapir’s executive vice president and top aide, Fred Contini, pled guilty in 2004 to “participating in a racketeering conspiracy with the Gambino crime family for 13 years.”

As for the charges against Arif:
    At an April hearing, a judge dismissed the charges against Arif, though four lesser-known businessmen directly implicated in bringing the girls aboard were convicted. A final report on the reasons for the dismissal has yet to be issued, though the fact that the women refused to testify, denied they were prostitutes, and immediately left Turkey did weaken the prosecution.
    Additionally:
    The Trump family has also gone into business with two convicted cocaine traffickers, one in Turkey and another in Philadelphia. Engin Yesil, whose development company was said to “ own the Turkey rights” for a $500 million project called Trump Towers Istanbul, was sentenced to a six-year prison term on cocaine charges in the U.S. 20 years ago. He says now that he “delegated” his Trump “royalties” to Dogan Holdings, a giant Turkish developer and media company that was just fined an extraordinary $2.5 billion for dodging corporate taxes in Turkey for years. When asked in the O’Brien deposition about the Istanbul project, Donald deferred to his son, who he said was handling the deal. In 2009, Ivanka did a huge press event in Istanbul, announcing that 45 percent of the units were already committed.

Trump Tower Philadelphia also involves a former cocaine dealer, Raoul Goldberg, aka Goldberger. Sentenced to 46 months in prison in 2000 on the coke conviction, he was technically on probation when he brought the site for the 45-story tower to Trump in 2005. And even though it’s only a license and management deal for Trump, Ivanka and Donald Jr. were so involved that they worked on spa and restaurant deals for the complex. Goldberg, who has suddenly “disappeared” from the project just as Felix Sater did, told Philadelphia Magazine in 2006 that he talked to Ivanka or Donald Jr. “every day.”
    Read Barrett's entire piece.

Info on Goldberg here (bold my emphasis):
    What he would not say was how he knows Donald Trump, who his investors are, or who his family—whom he credits for getting him into the real estate business—is. This is probably because his family was named “Goldberger,” not Goldberg. Until 2003, when he still went by the name Raoul Goldberger, he was primarily known as an up-and-coming drug trafficker who had been busted after a yearlong federal investigation for attempting to ship tens of thousands of ecstasy pills from Belgium.
    NY Post has an additional write-up.

Trump Tower Toronto, summary: Trump partner is Alex Shnaider, who heads up the Midland Group. Shnaider, a well-connected Russian with deep ties in Ukraine, is the son-in-law of Boris Birshtein, a business partner with Sergei Mikhailov, reputed leader of the notorious Solnsteva gang, a Russia-based crime syndicate.

More:
    Sergei Mikhailov, widely believed to be a leader of the powerful Solntsevo organized crime group, boasts on his website that Putin awarded him the prestigious timepiece on May 14.

As evidence of the accolade, Mikhailov has posted photographs of the watch, which is embossed with Russia's double-headed eagle and Putin's signature, with an accompanying certificate purportedly signed by the Russian president.
    The Federalist has more on Trump's mob connections here:
    Trump’s association and business dealings with known mafia figures was not limited to his Atlantic City projects. In New York City, several of his buildings were built by S&A Concrete Co., a concern partly owned by Anthony “Fat Tony” Salerno, the boss of the Genovese crime family. In addition to this business relationship, Trump and Salerno were both represented by high-power attorney Roy Cohn. In his book, Barrett cites an anonymous source who confirms that on at least one occasion Trump and Salerno had a sit-down in Cohn’s apartment. Trump has denied this claim in the past.

Is it reasonable to assume that Trump had no idea that S&A was run by Salerno’s Genovese borgata when Trump’s own attorney was so closely linked to that organization? After all, if Trump (who likes to point out that he has “one of the highest IQs”) is as smart as he would have everyone believe, how could he have been so naive?
    Additionally:
    Another issue that needs to be addressed in Trump’s New York operations is the use of undocumented Polish workers to demolish the Bonwit Teller building, which made way for the Trump Tower. Only a handful of union workers from Housewreckers Local 95 were employed on the site, the vast majority were illegal Polish alien workers, toiling under inhumane conditions, and wildly underpaid. Trump and his associates were found guilty in 1991 of conspiring to avoid paying pension and welfare fund contributions.
    --> Trump donated six figures to the Clinton Foundation.

--> While the tea party fought McConnell in Kentucky and tried to rally for Matt Bevin, Trump backed McConnell and every establishment GOP organization that sought to stamp out the conservative movement.

--> Trump donated more to Democrats than Republicans in the 2006 election cycle. More:
    Overall in the 2006 election cycle, Trump and his son, Donald Trump Jr., donated $77,200 to Democrats versus only $24,250 on Republicans. Looking back to the 2004 cycle, the pair donated $40,500 to Democrats and only $17,250 to the GOP.

A large share of Trump’s donations to Democrats were given to congressional committees dedicated specifically to gaining majority control of Congress. And that they did. Democrats took control of both houses of Congress for the first time since 1994 by gaining 31 seats in the House and increasing the Democratic caucus in the Senate by six.
    Records show that in June 2006, Trump donated $20,000 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. That was in addition to the $5,000 he sent in April 2005 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. At the same time, Trump Jr. gave the two Democratic committees a total of $22,500.

While the Trumps spent nearly $50,000 to elect congressional Democrats, they donated only $1,000 to the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRSC).

But perhaps the worst outcome that election for Republicans was that Pelosi and Reid became Speaker of the House and Senate Majority Leader, respectively. The pair made a formidable team and did heavy lifting to ensure that Obama was elected in 2008 and that much of his agenda — including Obamacare — was put in place.
    --> Trump helped to pass Obamacare by donations.

--> Of Obamacare, Trump told Anderson Cooper (and has referenced this in previous debates): "I like the mandate." (VIDEO)

--> Trump donated heavily to the DCCC, DSCC, and Democrat heavyweights who brought us open borders, Obamacare, and tried to erode 2A rights. The DCCC is known for running Democrats in Republican primaries. Trump donated heavily to Chuck Schumer, Rahm Emanuel, Terry MacAuliffe, Dick Durbin, and Harry Reid.

--> Trump advocated for amnesty during Gang of Eight while conservatives fought against it.

--> In 2013 he met with "DREAMer" activists, listened to their stories concerning illegal alien status and told them "You've convinced me." (More) He also reportedly told them:
    “You know, the truth is I have a lot of illegals working for me in Miami,” he told them, using the term for undocumented immigrants those in the meeting found offensive. “You know in Miami, my golf course is tended by all these Hispanics — if it wasn’t for them my lawn wouldn’t be the lawn it is; it’s the best lawn,” Pacheco recalled Trump saying."
    --> Trump is accused of financially threatening a woman during a secret deposition over his controversial and legally-mired Trump University, which has been called a "worthless scam."
    Trump University collapsed in a blizzard of lawsuits in 2010, and in 2013 the New York attorney general sued Trump University for $40 million for allegedly defrauding students.
    --> Trump lied about opposing the Iraq war during his truther-esque rant against Bush at the South Carolina primary debate. (AUDIO) (VIDEO) (MORE) (STILL MORE)

--> Trump said he doesn't agree with NRA on everything during an interview with Larry King:
    KING: You agree with the NRA?

TRUMP: I don't agree entirely, but I do agree that you should have the power to have a weapon, because other people do and other people are not necessarily...
    --> Trump not entirely consistent on 2A rights. I want to believe his evolution is sincere, but it's difficult as some of his remarks to the contrary are recent.

--> Trump came out weak this week on privacy rights. Many have said that the FBI's request would render everyone's iPhones vulnerable.

--> While Cruz took out a relatively modest loan against his assets in comparison to Trump, Trump is "owned by every bank on Wall Street." Note: Donald Trump is a Goldman Sachs shareholder:
    As for Goldman Sachs, Trump is himself a shareholder in Goldman Sachs, which means he has a direct financial interest in its success. One would think that would make Trump even less enthusiastic about protecting me from Goldman Sachs (whatever that means) than Cruz would.
    --> Trump is accused of "draft dodging." "Questions linger," says The Washington Post, about his deferments reportedly due to bone spurs in his heel, which, says NY Daily News, could have been treated.
    --> Trump repeatedly defends Planned Parenthood and its public funding.
    --> Circulated fake Coburn quote; camp continued even after Coburn condemned.
    --> Tried to float conspiracy theory about a Saudi Prince and Fox; said Prince reminded Trump how he bailed him out.
    --> Trump wants to be "neutral" on Israel and Palestine.
    --> Supportive of eminent domain abuse.
    --> Trump threatens frivilous, progressive lawfare over videos featuring his past remarks.
    --> Trump expressed support for the health care mandate: "I like the mandate" at the CNN South Carolina candidate townhall. Trump's own health care proposal, says Washington Examiner, requires more government than Obamacare requires.

I just don't believe that the guy is a consistent conservative. And it's OK for me to believe that.

Now can we get back to fighting the left?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Dana was on Glenn Beck's show the other day talking about a lot of this.

Which is why with this and a lot more I'm simply floored that Trump is doing as well as he is.

I know that with 2 Obama terms I shouldn't be surprised but I really expected more from our side.

Mark my words, if Trump gets the nomination, we will lose to whoever the Dem nominee is regardless of if it is Bernie or Hillary.

Right now, blogger Matt Walsh pretty well sums up my thoughts with his recent Facebook post:

Trump won South Carolina, a supposedly conservative Christian state, by a wide margin tonight.

A few quick reactions:

- Don't rationalize this. He didn't win because of Democrats. The man won Evangelicals. The man who -- JUST THIS WEEK -- praised Planned Parenthood, and who fishes for applause lines by cussing out his competitors and mocking disabled people, and who can't name a book in the Bible, and who said he doesn't need forgiveness from God, and who brags about sleeping with married women, and who said he'd love to date his own daughter because she has a hot body, and who supported the murder of fully developed infant children, and who blatantly lies and then lies again about lying, and who has encapsulated literally the exact opposite of anything that could remotely be considered a "Christian value," won with the indispensable assistance of Christians. The anger I feel towards those Christians in this moment cannot be put into words. They should be ashamed. I will pray for them.

- Speaking of winning conservatives, Trump -- JUST THIS WEEK -- said he likes the Obamacare mandate. This was, according to conservatives, the most important thing to defeat not but two years ago. Now some of those same conservatives are voting for a big government liberal who says he supports the very thing these very people were sure would undo the Republic just a few months ago.

- If Trump wins the nomination, conservatism in this country is officially dead, and the country itself will be close behind it.

- Speaking of the country's demise, Trump fans are gleefully ushering in tyranny. I am tired of hearing about their "anger." They claim they are angry at the very thing they now embrace. They aren't angry. They're bored. They're immature. They're infatuated with celebrity and fame and money. They aren't angry. I'm angry about what they are doing to my nation. The rest of us can be angry, but these people have lost the right to have their anger taken seriously.

- I don't want to hear about second place consolation prizes. If Cruz or Rubio can't win South Carolina, it may be time to panic. I'm sorry, but it's true. Deal with the reality, folks.

- According to exit polls, Trump fans don't necessarily think he's electable and they don't believe he shares their values, but "they want change." Dear God, we are really doing 2008 all over again. People voting for ambiguous, non-specific change in spite of the avalanche of red flags. We are really doing this again. I am so disgusted at the stupidity in this country.

- Bush should be commended for dropping out. He's an honorable and decent man, although I didn't support him. The others in the bottom tier, should they stay in, will be doing potentially irreparable harm to this country and my children's future. And that is something I will struggle to forgive.

- Get on your knees and pray for this country tonight. Right now. I feel we are on the cusp of something terrible. Pray we avoid it.

He's also dead on that the bottom tier dumb fucks, Carson and Kasich, are tying up important votes that, at least in Carson's case, could likely go toward Cruz and are going to hand Trump the win.

We've got 9 months until November and 11 until January 2017. I hope you all are ready or putting the finishing touches on your preps because it isn't looking pretty.

If it shapes up the way I'm suspecting it will, I will have no part in this shit show.

Thanks a lot South Carolina! You started the first Civil War and you may well be helping to start the second.

Thanks

I can't believe what a cluster this election cycle is. I feel like I'm not going to get any reasonable option to vote for.

Thanks

if Trump gets the nomination, we will lose to whoever the Dem nominee is regardless of if it is Bernie or Hillary.
    I disagree.

Trump is filling arenas. We haven't had a candidate like that since Reagan.

As much as I don't want him as president, I'd rather have a trained monkey than Hillary. Fuck, even an untrained monkey would be better.

I'd rather have Hillary than Rubio. Did I mention I loathe people who speak one thing in one language and an entirely different thing in another?

At least Hillary lies to everyone. The devil you know...

I don't think Cruz will pull it off. He's my choice but at this point, but I don't think he'll do it.

Sanders is done. The fix was in for Hillary.

Hillary vs Trump....Trump can beat her. There are MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of Low information voters who know Donald Trump.

Not saying I like it...but it is what it is.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I don't totally disagree with you Mal.

The only area I would would be in regards to Trump losing to the Dem candidate.

There are three things that make me come to this conclusion:

1) Trump's negatives are too high to make any effective inroads with Independents and Democrats. Will some crossover? Sure but I don't think enough to be meaningful or offset #2. They will vote for free shit over celebrity any day.
    2) Because of his past, Trump's negatives are also extremely high among Republicans, enough to keep a number from voting for him. I count myself among those.
    3) Trump has not yet faced the full force of the mainstream media or the Clinton machine. When he does, it's going to hit him like a freight train. There is SO much that has not yet been brought to bear it isn't even funny. Both groups would rather take it easy on Trump now to see him get the nomination to be able to use all of this ammo against him in the general.

Don't forget Howard Dean and Ron Paul filled stadiums too...

In the end, speaking only for myself I just cannot bring myself to vote for Trump. I certainly won't begrudge anyone that intends to in an effort to beat the Dem. It's not an invalid tactic. I just could not look myself in the mirror after casting a vote for a gungrabber who has donated to other gun grabbers, that supports the Obamacare mandate, and a whole hell of a lot of other things he's done and said. Hell, the man supported the fucking Commie Bill De Blasio in his election! I don't think it gets much worse than that.

I'm of the opinion our time to stanch the bleeding and make things survivable was before Obama's second term. Trump won't do anything to undo it or make the inevitable crash any softer. I don't trust him to make SCOTUS picks any more than I would Hillary or Bernie. Trump is in it for Trump and if he fucks it up, who cares! He's got enough cash to buy a private island and ride it all out.

I'll keep supporting Cruz and vote for him until I can't. Then I'm done.

It's just a tragedy that we've got the chance to actually put a strict Constitutionalist into office, that would surely load SCOTUS with other Consitutionalists, and instead the idiots are voting for the shiny bauble, Donald Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Trump, and free shit.

Either way we're hosed and, like I said, I hope you all are ready. The only upside is that most of the stupid pricks (especially our fellow voters) that helped put us in this spot will be there to have the shitstorm rain down on them the way it will us.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

We are in unsustainable financial territory now at 19trl and growing. All we need now is a good crisis to get the momentum heading down hill.

The debates have shown the MSM liberal news media now where Trump's buttons are to get him to implode. They will pummel him like Palin and attack him on every side to get him unhinged to make Hillary look presidential.

I hope I'm wrong.

In addition, I think Russia, China and their allies are looking for their breakout opportunity in their regions. This may dove tail into a further weakened America before we get struck first.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

I don't see Trump winning the election against Clinton.

Their side has all those dead people after all.

NOt to mention the illegals.

And the double votes by many.

I personally don't care if Trump gets the nomination and I'll vote for him, or Cruz. I would prefer Cruz gets in.

But given the fact that Trump has been friends with the Clintons, has been a Democrat, I won't put this past him to bow out at the last minute after getting the nomination or something equally illicit.

Or something worse.

I don't want to EVER see a Sanders or Clinton in office.

I don't THINK that Sanders will survive to the end of this. But mark my words, if he dies, Clinton or Obama had him done.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    We are in unsustainable financial territory now at 19trl and growing. All we need now is a good crisis to get the momentum heading down hill.

The debates have shown the MSM liberal news media now where Trump's buttons are to get him to implode. They will pummel him like Palin and attack him on every side to get him unhinged to make Hillary look presidential.

I hope I'm wrong.

In addition, I think Russia, China and their allies are looking for their breakout opportunity in their regions. This may dove tail into a further weakened America before we get struck first.
    This!

Trump is a thin skinned narcissist as bad as Obama and it will be used against him to great effect.

Thanks

Trump: 'I'm Capable of Changing To Anything I Want to Change To'

February 12, 2016

Fox News anchor Bret Baier tweeted this quote from Donald Trump's recent interview with Greta Van Susteren, prodding me to snark that it'll be fascinating to watch Trump's cult of personality cheer on his inevitable mass amnesty proposal:

In fairness, if you watch the clip, it's seems like he's mostly referring to his conduct on the campaign trail. His "rapid change" comment comes in the context of being challenged on whether dropping F-bombs and amplifying an audience member's mockery of Ted Cruz as a "pussy" is presidential behavior. Don't worry about that, Trump says. I'll clean up my act "as I get closer and closer to the goal:"

Lest he disappoint any of his fans who openly delight in his crass outbursts, calls for roughing up protesters, and overall boorishness, Trump tosses out some chum decrying "political correctness" midway through his answer. But he's also sworn up and down that at a later stage of this process, he'll transform himself into "the most politically correct person you've ever seen." Two problems here:

(1) Video tape is a thing that exists. All of Trump's antics -- from the silly to the serious -- can be instantly called to mind in a general election through ads and online content, even if the billionaire drastically changes his tone. Even if Trump disciplines himself to play an angelic choir boy for weeks on end, the public record still exists. Democrats are giddily compiling a lowlight reel, itching to deploy it in the fall in order to underscore the point that Trump is unfit to be president. Many Americans, especially in key voting blocs, are already heavily predisposed to agree with that proposition.

(2) Trump's self-assessment that he's "capable of changing to anything I want to change to" also applies to his political "principles." This is a man who's reportedly switched party affiliations five times since the late 1980's. Who's donated to Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. Who was pro-choice, was anti-gun, and was (is?) pro-Socialized healthcare. Who identified as a Democrat in the mid-2000's. Who praised Barack Obama and supported his "stimulus" boondoggle. And who criticized Mitt Romney for being too harsh on the issue of immigration in 2012, right around the time that he became a DREAM Act supporter. Now he's ostensibly all about big walls and mass deportations. This bogus transformation is painfully obvious. As I've written before, Trump will be "a conservative" for precisely as long as he perceives that label to be beneficial to Trump, after which he'll morph into The Donald 6.0, or whatever self-serving upgrade we're up to. Even on the central issues that have vaulted him to the top of the GOP polls, he's quite "capable of changing to anything" he wants to change to. He says so himself. His hardcore sycophants will blindly and brutishly go along with literally anything he does -- including murder, he's joked, mocking his own people. But how might the many pro-Trump voters who are more reluctantly in his corner because "at least he'll do X" react if X suddenly changes to Y, at the drop of a hat? Or is thoughtlessly discarded altogether? That's how he operates.

In fact, in order to disqualify principled policy critiques from Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and others, Trump is expanding his diagnoses of what ails the GOP to include conservatives. Everyone's part of the problem, you see. Except for him. He's here to fix everything. So strong, so fast, so amazing -- believe him! That phrase, "believe me!" is a Trump staple. But why should anyone believe a political chameleon who brags about how effortlessly he shifts and flips? Most political flip-flops are executed for a specific purpose, and the flip-flopper asks the audience to believe that he now earnestly and fervently holds his new position. In Trump's case, he's reversed himself on a wide array of issues, and is effectively promising that he'll pull off additional reversals if and when the time comes. After all, he's a dealmaker, first and foremost. I'll leave you with two ads the Cruz campaign is running against Trump in South Carolina. The first is a non-traditional spot needling Trump's many betrayals of conservative ideals and marriages of political convenience. The second is a hard-hitting broadside against Trump's history of eminent domain abuse, smartly seeking to puncture the celebrity billionaire's populist cred. Message: Donald Trump has always been out for himself and will do anything, and collude with anyone, to serve his own myopic goals -- including collaborating with government cronies to try to bully a widow out of her home so he could build a parking lot for limousines at his casino (which struggled mightily with debt and eventually shut down):

As others have said, I suspect this is the way to come after Trump. Deploy a two-pronged approach aimed at both more doctrinaire conservatives who are flirting with him, and at independents who hear his rhetoric and think he's got their back. He doesn't. Parting thought: Should pro-immigration reform politicians on both sides of the aisle start talking up how much they look forward to cutting deals with Trump once he's president, citing his past positions as evidence that he'll ultimately side with them once his current pander-fest expires? It'd be some terrific trolling, at the very least.

Thanks

Hot Mic Captures Candid Off-Air Conversation Between Trump and ‘Morning Joe’ Hosts

February 22, 2016

Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski were caught on a hot mic having a candid conservation with Republican front-runner Donald Trump off the air.

During a recent commercial break from a town hall interview in Charleston, South Carolina, Trump is heard touting his performance at the CBS debate the night before, and subsequent polls that found a majority of voters believed that Trump won the debate.

“I tell you what, the Bloomberg poll—all the polls out today look great in South Carolina,” Scarborough says in the audio, published by radio show host Harry Shearer.

Trump then points out how his critics have spent “million of dollars” in ads against him, and asked the co-hosts if they thought the ads were “catching on.” Brzezinski is then heard saying, “no,” but Huffington Post reporter Michael Calderone tweeted Monday that Brzezinski was talking to her producer, not Trump.

Brzezinski later calls attention to when the Republican candidate called up two of his supporters at a recent rally in North Augusta, South Carolina, to address the crowd, to which she refers as a”wow moment.” “You had me almost as a legendary figure,” Trump responds.

Just before the show was about to go back on-air, Brzezinski informs Trump that they’ll ask him some questions in the next segment.

“You don’t want me to do the ones with deportation?” Brzezinski asks.

“That’s right, nothing too hard, Mika,” Trump tells her.

“OK,” she replies.

The candid moment comes just days after CNN reported that Scarborough and Brzezinski watched the New Hampshire primary results come in from Trump’s hotel room, raising questions about the candidate’s seemingly close relationship with the cable co-hosts.

A spokeswoman for MSNBC told TheBlaze in response to the CNN report that the two were at Trump’s hotel that night, but only for a interview with one of his senior advisers.

(H/T: Gawker)

Thanks

More from Matt Walsh...

Dear Trump Fan, So You Want Someone To ‘Tell It Like It Is’? OK, Here You Go.

February 22, 2016

Dear Donald Trump Fan,

I’m going to tell you the truth, friend.

You say you want the truth. You say you want someone who speaks boldly and brashly and bluntly and “tells it like it is” and so on. According to exit polls in South Carolina, voters who want a president who “tells it like it is” are an essential demographic for Trump, just as they’re an essential demographic for Judge Judy and Dr. Phil. You say you want abrupt and matter-of-fact honesty, and you want it so much, you’ll make a man president for it regardless of whether he defies every principle and value you claim to hold.

Personally, I think you’re lying, and I’m going to test my theory. In fact, I believe I’ve already proven my theory because you’re now offended that I called you a liar. But Trump has called half of the Earth’s population a liar at some point over the past seven months, and you loved every second of it. You said you loved it not out of cruelty or spite, but out of admiration for a man who’s willing to call people liars — even if he’s lying when he does it.

Yet here I am employing the same tactic — accurately, I might add — and you recoil indignantly. Over the course of this campaign season I’ve said many harsh words about you and your leader, all of which I stand by, but you’ve never respected my harsh words, or the harsh words of any Trump critic. Indeed, you insist that our tough criticism of you only vindicates your support of Trump, while Trump’s vulgar and dishonest criticism of everyone else also vindicates your support of Trump. You’re tired of people being critical, but you love Trump because he’s critical. You say you like Trump for his style, but you hate his style when it’s directed at him or you.

You say you want someone who’s politically incorrect. You’re so desperate for political incorrectness — a supremely ridiculous reason to vote a guy into the Oval Office, but never mind — that your esteem for him only grows when he belittles the disabled, mocks American prisoners of war, calls women dogs, calls his opponents p*ssies, calls for the assassination of women and children, says he’d like to have sex with his daughter, brags about his adultery, etc.

You’re excited by the most vile statements and most cretinous behavior imaginable — not remotely deterred by any of it, no matter how many times he gloats over infidelity, curses his opponents, and publicly ogles his own children — because, you say, it’s politically incorrect. That is how unfathomably desperate you are for someone to come along and just say what’s on their mind, you claim. You’re so fed up with political correctness that you celebrate political incorrectness without distinguishing between the healthy sort and the “LOL I slept with married women and I’m not sorry” sort. It doesn’t matter if you don’t personally agree, you say, you just respect the hell out of someone who’s willing to shoot straight, even when ”shooting straight” means comparing Ben Carson to a child molester, calling the entire electorate of Iowa stupid, and referring to women as “pieces of ass.”

Trump won South Carolina on the support of Evangelical Christians who were so impressed with his alleged straight talk that they overlooked the fact that he’s a crass, cruel, unrepentant philanderer who says he does not need God’s forgiveness, and who praises Planned Parenthood as “wonderful” and his radically pro-abortion sister as a “phenomenal” candidate for the Supreme Court. That’s how much you pretend to admire bluntness in a man. So much that it overrides literally everything else.

By your logic, then, you should be filled with an immense and irresistible affection for me when I call Donald Trump a crooked, underhanded con artist and you a reckless, ignorant dupe. You should fall madly in love with me when I accuse Donald Trump of being a spoiled, overgrown brat and you of being a cultish groupie enamored with fame. You should well up with pride and salute me as I mention that Donald Trump is a stuffed, soiled diaper sagging in the pants of American politics and you’re the poor, pitiful sap trying to elect it president. You don’t have to agree, but man, isn’t it refreshing that I’m willing to tell you what’s on my mind? Shouldn’t you leave a thousand comments under this article praising me for being politically incorrect, willing to attack not only Donald Trump but his blue collar supporters? In fact, if you’re sincere in your alleged regard for the bold and audacious approach, I expect you’ll have launched a nationwide write-in campaign for me by tomorrow morning.

But that’s not how this works, is it? You’ve already melted into a boiling puddle of rage and self-pity, haven’t you? You’re incensed and offended that I could be so “judgmental” and “dismissive” and “critical,” and 100 other qualities you find so orgasmically satisfying when they’re displayed by The Great Trump. You say you want some straight-shooting, honest, politically incorrect tough talk, but that’s simply a lie. If it were true, my inbox would not be filled to capacity with cartoonishly shocked and outraged Trump fans every time I utter a word of criticism in his direction. It shouldn’t matter that my criticisms are sharp and severe; you ought to revere me all the more for it. I thought you were tired of people walking on egg shells?

It turns out you don’t want Donald Trump to walk on egg shells, but you have fortified your own perimeter with a thick layer of egg shells and you expect anyone who comes near it to tip toe with extreme caution. It turns out you want to be coddled and cuddled and pandered to and excused. You’re in favor of whatever Trump says because Trump said it, but when it comes to how people talk about you and him, you expect to be treated like a soft and delicate flower.

You flock eagerly to a flamboyant, authoritarian billionaire fascist, and you feel you ought to be completely insulated from criticism while you do so. Everyone else ought to be subject to relentless and profane invective from an elderly Manhattan real estate heir, but you and he should be above reproach.

Tell it like it is? I’ll tell you like it is: In my life I’ve never encountered a group of people more averse to being told how it is. Of course, you believe you’re entitled to this attitude because you’re “angry.” Your “anger” indulges you with the moral authority to take leave of your reason and your common sense. Your anger, you believe, places you beyond judgment, even as you attempt to drag this country into a future of (more) tyranny and cultism. You believe the rest of us ought to take your supposedly righteous rage into account while you refuse to take anything but your own infatuation with spectacle and celebrity into account. Whatever concerns we raise, including the ones I’m raising now, can be written off in an instant. “WE’RE TIRED OF POLITICS AS USUAL! WE’RE ANGRY!” And that’s supposed to be some kind of rhetorical hall pass, permitting you to do and say what you please unchallenged.

Well let me be the first and perhaps the only to say this out loud, although millions of people share this sentiment quietly: I don’t care about your anger. There’s some more truth for you, friend. There’s some more “tellin’ it like it is.” Two can play at this game, you know. And the only difference is that I’m right.

I couldn’t take your anger seriously even if I wanted to. After all, you say you’re angry that people are too afraid to speak their minds, but, as we’ve established, you don’t really want anyone but Donald Trump to speak his mind.

You say you’re angry about the corruption in Washington, but you support a slimy swindler and fraudster who boasts of his bribery schemes and makes no apologies for shamelessly exploiting political corruption for personal gain.

You say you’re angry about illegal immigration, but you rally around a guy who supported amnesty as recently as 2013, employed illegal immigrants, and donated millions of dollars to open borders politicians like Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Chuck Schumer, and Hillary Clinton.

You say you’re angry about the establishment, but you worship a candidate who said only a few weeks ago that “you got to be a little establishment” in order to get things done, and who admits he “was the establishment” right until he ran for president.

You say you’re angry that Republicans won’t fight, but you hail as a warrior the same guy who says he’ll happily “work with the Democrats,” which probably explains why Sen. Harry Reid praised him and Jimmy Carter called him “malleable.” It is not uncommon for me to hear from Trump fans that they’re angry at “GOPe” Republicans for “cutting deals” and “compromising” in one breath, and in the very next that they want Trump because he’s really good at cutting deals and compromising.

Right down the list, you are blithely embracing every single thing you say you’re so angry about. Trump is the very embodiment of corruption, deception, cowardice, and elitism. He is precisely the sort of man you supposedly detest. Trump is exploiting America’s frustration with men like Trump. Trump is running against Trump. You are voting for Trump because you hate Trump. You are angry at politicians because they act like Trump and make deals like Trump and go to cocktail parties with men like Trump and look down on the little guy like Trump and possess the integrity of Trump, and so you’re solution is to elect Trump. Your anger at Trump leads you to Trump. Perhaps this explains why you’re so worried about politicians who are “controlled by donors,” but you aren’t at all concerned about a politicians who is the very donor you didn’t want controlling the political process. “I’m sick of these donors influencing the government! I have an idea: let’s make one president!”

It seems more like schizophrenia than anger. Aside from chronic mental illness, there are only two explanations for a person who avidly supports the continuation of a thing because he’s angry at that thing: either he’s fantastically stupid, or he’s not actually angry at all.

Friend, I should tell you the most popular theory among non-Trump supporters is that you fall into the former category. When we talk to each other in private, almost everyone agrees you’re stupid. Again, you should, by your own words, hold me in the highest esteem for telling you this uncomfortable fact. People think you’re stupid, just as they thought about Barack Obama supporters in 2008.

The parallels between the two groups are indeed profound, as exit polls attest. Once again, people are voting because “they want change,” unconcerned by the fact that the change is ambiguous, non-specific, and, in fact, not really ”change” at all. A lot of people, grasping for an explanation as to how voters might be suckered by the same shtick three times in a row, just chalk it up to stupidity.

By the way, you should doubly love what I’m doing here because it appears very close to apophasis, which is a rhetorical device where the speaker coyly makes an accusation or insult in the context of denying or distancing himself from the unkind remark. “Many people believe my neighbor Jim is a thieving jerk who borrowed my garden hose last July and didn’t return it, but I’m not going to talk about it.” That kind of thing.

It’s a strategy Trump employs all the time, and you always go along with it, like when he called Megyn Kelly a bimbo by saying “I refuse to call Megyn Kelly a bimbo because that would be politically incorrect.” Like clockwork, you insisted that he didn’t call Megyn Kelly a bimbo; he merely brought up the fact that he would call her a bimbo if it weren’t so rude to do so.

Well, in similar fashion, I’m not calling you stupid, I’m just saying that other people call you stupid. You should therefore defend me against any accusation that I’ve called you stupid, just as you would Trump. But the difference is that I’m not being coy here. I really don’t think you’re stupid. I certainly don’t think I’m any smarter than you. I subscribe to the second theory: I don’t believe you’re really all that angry.

Your anger, to whatever extent it exists at all, is surface level. It’s a purely emotional experience, fed by a mob mentality. You’re angry in the way a rioter or looter is angry. Your temper might be flaring and your heart rate jumping and you might be filled with the uncontrollable urge to break a window, but underneath that anger is really something much closer to boredom and apathy. You don’t feel a real, intense, profound, deep and meaningful disgust at the corruption and malfeasance in Washington, because if you did there is simply no way you would support a man like Trump.

Unless, like I said, you’re stupid. But you aren’t stupid, and a non-stupid person, a serious person, who truly, deeply, intensely loathes the current state of affairs, who genuinely desires that his country be revived for the sake of his children, would not be turning to a blustery, boorish reality TV character with a catchphrase and a fake tan for answers.

I’m just telling it like it is here, friend. I’m telling you what’s on my mind. I’m being completely and painfully honest with you. I don’t believe your anger. I think you want a spectacle, not a solution. A celebrity, not a statesman. A circus performer, not a leader. I think you want to be entertained. I think you’re not taking this seriously enough. I think you’re intellectually lazy so you’ve accepted authoritarianism as a stand-in for strength. I think you’re following the trend of the day. I think you’re wrapped up in media hype.

In other words, I think your anger, if it exists, is misplaced. You should be angry at yourself, because if this country falls finally and irrevocably into despotism, it’ll be your fault. You’ll have chosen it. You’ll have elected it and applauded it. That, my friend, is what makes me angry.

And that’s just how it is

Thanks

Pretty well sums up where I'm at...

With God As My Witness, I Will Never Vote For Donald Trump

February 23, 2016

Many on the right have come forward in the past few days to outline why they will never vote for Trump, and their reasons are articulate, principled, eloquent, and moving. If it wasn’t already abundantly clear from the last eight months, let me join the chorus; I will never vote for Donald Trump.

Never.

I will never vote for Donald Trump, not even if he’s the Republican nominee. I will never vote for Donald Trump, not even if Ronald Reagan and William F. Buckley rise from the grave and beg me to support him. I will never vote for Donald Trump, not even if it means he forms a third party and runs as the narcissist sociopath he truly is. I will never vote for Donald Trump, no matter how many times the liberal media declares his inevitability and his immunity to scrutiny and attack or how many times the “conservative” media ignores his record and beliefs to fellate him on-air.

I will never vote for Donald Trump because he’s a pro-gun control, pro-single-payer health care, pro-eminent domain, pro-abortion, and pro-statism liberal who will immediately revert to form when he’s finished selling his fauxservatism to people he patently views as rubes. I will never vote for Donald Trump, because absolutely nothing he can say or do will cover the fact he is obviously and blatantly lying every time his thin lips move and his freakishly tiny hands pound the podium.

I will never vote for Donald Trump because it’s utterly obvious that he lacks the temperament, judgment, and basic sanity to be placed as steward over 7,700 nuclear weapons and the rest of the awesome power of the United States military. I will never vote for Donald Trump because he’s a draft-dodging blowhard who was chasing strange in Midtown when John McCain was having his arms broken by the Vietnamese.

I will never vote for Donald Trump to toe the “he’s my nominee” line because if he wins my party’s nomination it means the GOP has sold itself to a soulless, utterly unprincipled liberal narcissist bent on its destruction and that of conservatism. I will never vote for Donald Trump, because it would require the complete abdication of every political value that informs my life; a reverence for the Constitution and the Republic and for limited-government conservative principles that shaped this nation and that continue to represent the only viable opposition to the galloping growth of the state. I will never vote for Donald Trump because the solution to a Washington’s crony capitalism problems isn’t to elect an even more egregious and lavishly corrupt crony capitalist.

I will never vote for Donald Trump because he’s created a political culture that revels in its own willingness to be conned and governed only by its talk-radio-fueled rage. I will never vote for Donald Trump because he’s stoked the darkest and most evil corners of his fandom with praise and approval.

I will not vote for Donald Trump, no matter how often his fanboys spam my timeline, voicemail and inbox with their delusional theories ranging from white genocide to chemtrails to the international Jewish conspiracy to Obama’s super-secret plan to impose sharia law during his third term. I will not vote for Trump no matter how many insults Trumpkins throw at me. (Really, I noticed I was bald a long time ago, and that one doesn’t sting. Up your insult game.)

Now, unlike Donald Trump, I’ve never cast a vote for a Democrat. I’ve never worked for a Democrat. I’ve never donated to a Democrat. I’ve never been registered to vote as a Democrat. I’ve never been a cheerleader for a Democratic candidate or officeholder. I’ve fought them in large races and small since I entered politics.

Politics is tough, and I’ve done it a long time. I don’t care about being attacked in the course of campaigns. I never wanted to live in some white-glove political drawing room with a handy fainting couch; I give as good as I get, and I’ve spent years making liberal Democrats clutch their pearls and lose their minds. I will not vote for Hillary Clinton, or Bernie Sanders, or whatever flotsam washes up from their process after she’s indicted or he ascends to the comet.

I have opposed Trump from the first day of his wretched, crapulous campaign. I have opposed Trump when his clownish minions called my clients seeking to have me fired. I have opposed The Donald when his slavish of Trumpbart stooges ran story after story attacking me, and unleashed their fever-swamp yokels on my email, my phone, and my family.

I will continue to oppose Trump, implacably and unceasingly.

I will not bend. I will not cease this fight. I will never embrace this thuggish, venal, gibbering psychotic, and I will not countenance those who do. I don’t care if I’m the last Republican in America standing to resist this man, but with almighty God as my witness, I will not vote for Donald Trump.

Thanks

You feel about Trump, how I feel about Rubio.

There is only one reason I will vote for Trump if he's the GOP Nominee. He's disruptive. He's all the bad things listed in that article and probably a bunch of other things.

That said, he is not beholden to the entrenched special interest bloated ticks currently latched onto Washington. He'll drop his ticks and leeches in there, but at least it'll take 'em a few years before they're full of blood.

If Hillary gets in there, we're doomed. Invest in PVC pipe.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I hear you.

It just really sucks that the moronic electorate has put us in this position when we have a chance for actual, substantive change and restoration of Constitutional principles. Not the illusion of change via crony capitalism Trump brings or the status quo Rubio brings. Apparently though, where ever the herd decides to stampede is where we're headed and it isn't anywhere good.

Thanks

If we end up with a Present Trump:
    A) First smoking hot First Lady.
    B) It'll be a very entertaining 4 years with a President that un-PC and has little filter between brain and mouth.

Thread Information