Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Weather Thread

Thanks

Default Re: Weather Thread

You got Nam'd!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Oh and we got that storm too. It was a raining like a mofo. Had there been some cold air it would have been a great storm. Instead it washed away all the snow we did have
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    You got Nam'd!
    I will say the wind was definitely impressive with the system. I stood outside for a while during the height of the storm and it was impressive watching the snow that was falling blow as hard as it was.

Keeping an eye now on the 2/1-2/3 time frame for a potential big storm. It's a spell out but it looks like a lot of the models are agreeing on at least something happening then.

Thanks

Well, we can officially end the Winter Storm Warning drought for my county.

Not going to be a monster snow (2-4, 5 in some spots) but it looks like we're in for 0.2 or so of ice.

I happen to be in the more ice than snow zone. Haven't had a chance to look at maps yet so no idea on what things look like.

Thanks

Expecting a 3-6 with an Ice cherry on top. ugh. I'm staying home. Snow I can deal with, Ice can suck it.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Hope the snow pans out for you. Barely a couple flakes here. Everything I ended up with was ice, and not a ton either. Roads are even fairly clear right now.

Looks a bit nice but I've always liked an ice glaze after a fresh coating of snow.

Pretty underwhelming way to end our WSW drought if you ask me...

Thanks

Was a shitty slop mess that froze hard over night. Thankfully I plowed the 2ish inches from behind the cars. It might still be there until April otherwise.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

This winter has been thoroughly mediocre.

I don't know what's worse, the couple recent winters with near 0 frozen precip or this one where models have teased big snows only to have them completely disappear in the medium/short term and end up with 1-2"

I've literally watched 4 storms, which were supposed to be big producers, do exactly that in the last month or so. The closest I've come to a decent winter storm were the last one with the winds and this most recent icing event.

Thanks

Looking at the 15 day forecast for my area, it looks like Winter is pretty much over for me. High temps appear they're going to be in the upper 40s to low 60s for the most part, not very conducive to snow.

Another mediocre snow season... Barring any sort of late season, short lived, freak snow storm looks like we're going to finish the season with below average snowfall yet again. Total so far is somewhere right around 10" that's come in crappy 1"-2" snows.

At least with the weather starting its warm up, I'm getting closer to being able to swap in my 6.5L turbodiesel and 4 speed into my HMMWV.

Thanks

We had a few rumblers roll through not long after I posted the above.

Here's to hoping for a nice, quiet Spring.

Thanks

Saturday we had a pretty typical late Winter/early Spring snow. Dropped 2" of fat, wet snow in a couple hours. It looked awesome and would have been perfect if it had happened in the middle of December. Unfortunately, as is the case with late Winter/early Spring snows, it was gone by Sunday evening.

I'll stick a pic here when I have a chance to get it off my phone.

This was all the while we started under a flood warning with the Ohio River just under flood stage when it was issued because of rain just before and upstream. Right now it's right around flood stage.

The flood warning is now active until Saturday. Reason being is we're being forecast to get rain clear from Wednesday through Saturday overnight with possible rain totals upwards of 6". If we start significant flooding, I may have to see if I can get two buddies with a Deuce and 5 ton to get their trucks ready should we be needed to assist...

Temperature wise today we hit 74 and tomorrow we're supposed to hit a record high of 78!

Thanks

Was 81 here two days ago. It removed every bit of that last 6-8 we had. It's been a shit winter.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Yeah, we hit 78, a record. I had the windows open two days in a row. Would have been a lot nicer if it had been a little less humid.

Here's that pic of the snow we got. It looked very impressive but air temp was 34 and ground temp was higher so there was a fair bit of melt.

Like I said, would have been a perfect snow for the middle of December.

Freyja enjoyed the snowballs the wet, heavy snow were perfect for making!

And here's a couple pics of the flooding. It's gone higher and is supposed to hit, I think, 59' at Cincy on Monday. I think it was at 55'-56' there. 52' is flood stage.

http://www.fox19.com/story/37570153/...hat-that-means

That's a park that's down in town in a lower lying area.

I'll cruise down there Sunday or Monday to scope things out.

Thanks

Scheduled to get 1 to 18 inches of snow tomorrow. Seriously. They have NO idea. lol.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

How much you end up with?

We just had an unexpected 1.5"-2" drop out of the blue last night. It was all supposed to be cold rain. Started out as fairly heavy graupel and I look outside 2 hours later and we're covered in heavy, wet snow.

Of course, it's entirely gone now.

Thanks

Well, we delayed our trip to Florida by 1 day because we got 14 inches.
    Then last Wednesday we got 21 inches more. I was in Florida at the time. My neighbor snow blowed my driveway for me, thankfully. We came back on Sunday because another storm was on the way but it is supposed to come tonight.

Name:  home_home_IP Camera3_.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  100.0 KB
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Some guys have all the luck...

Thanks

6 more inches came down today.

There's a potential for another Nor'easter next week. I say bring it on. I want another 2 feet

Here's me with my new 2017 Ariens Platinum 24 SHO that I bought January 10 2018. Last storm I sucked up a tarp, it pulled into a tree and I bent the bucket out and roached the rake(auger) bushing. I took it all apart, bent the housing back, lubed it up and shoved it back together and it works. $254 bucks for a new bucket. No thanks. heh. I had my other Ariens Compact 24 for 5 years and sheared the pins a few times, that's it. I have this one for 3 snows and majorly fook it up. The new one has WAY more power. 17FT/LB Something like 11HP. I can run through the snow plow leavings and while it labors, it doesn't stall. The other one would stall if you pushed it too hard. This one is unstoppable! heh.

Name:  snowagain.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  251.6 KB
    Last edited by Malsua; March 14th, 2018 at 00:35.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Damn, another potentially next week? Talk about the rich getting richer.

That snow blower sounds like a beast. I take it you're a fan of the Ariens? When I do need one, I'll give those a good look for sure.

Thanks

I frankly wouldn't buy anything but an Ariens. Ok, strike that, if I had unlimited funds, I'd buy a Honda. Since I don't the Ariens is it. If you ever do move to where there is real snow, there is no replacement for displacement. My old machine was rated at 9.5ft/lb. This one is nearly double that. Yes it's worth it. If I only ever got piddly six inchers or less, the little engine would be enough. Every few years we get a 20+ snow, and while unusual, there have been times we got 36"+ in the space of two weeks. Right now we're at 40.5" for 12 days. That may go over 50" or even 60" in 18 days if this next storm is a hit.

As to the rich getting richer, you live in Southern Ohio. A move 150 miles north would change your fortune considerably. I noticed a difference between where I grew up compared to when I lived in Canton which was only 20 miles to the SW. I also am at 1250 foot elevation. It doesn't sound like much but that first storm was rain where I work and heavy snow where I live. You're a flatlander
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thread Information