Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather Thread

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Weather Thread

Looks like we're getting a little snow overnight.

Earlier today it was forecast to be about .5-1". Latest shows about 2".

Still being shown as getting some sort of precipitation Saturday. Not sure if it's going to be snow, ice, or rain yet.

Thanks

Looking at what's in store this week with what's being projected this weekend doesn't jive.

Thursday I'm going to have a high of just 9 degrees and Thursday night is a predicted, record breaking low of -6. Friday is going to be a high of 20 and a low of 14. Yet there is a predicted high of almost 40 on Saturday following that cold on Friday with a +6" snow pack?

Considering the cold before hand, I don't know if I'm buying the near 40 temps and the predictions of rain, especially when low 30s and colder are predicted right after.

Thanks

-6 is record breaking?

I recall lows in Ohio back in 94 of about -24. I'll have to look it up.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Remember the weather you get, is mostly the weather I had, Ryan.

It was in the 50s this past week, and generally 3-5 days later you get what we had. This weekend and Monday was snow. Today it's cold, but going to be in the 50s. Just in time for SNOW saturday again.

Yuk

I seriously detest snow.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I don't detest snow...I detest 1-2 inch snows. It's just enough that I have to deal with it, but not enough that it affects anything other than making me clean it up.

at least with an 18 inch dump I get to play with my toys for a while.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I look at snow like this.

Skiing? Why? Dangerous (especially at my age now). Why would I CHOOSE to slide down a mountain at 50 mph and hit a tree like Sonny Bono? Why would ANYONE want to risk their lives trying to control uncontrollable sticks stuck to your feet?

Snow (even 1-2 inches) means work. Got to clear it. Causes work.

Anything over 1-2 inches in Colorado here has to usually be shoveled. At 1-2 inches and in the cold, it's fine and I can sweep it off. Above that, need a shovel. It's work.

Here snow is never really on the ground LONG enough to have to buy a snow blower (which are a waste of money here, expensive and useless 90% of the time). But it IS on the ground long enough to cause all kinds of car accidents (see below).

When it gets on the ground, people from Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota and North Dakota can drive in it. No one else knows how to drive in snow here in Colorado. Even if you're from New England. The snow here is DIFFERENT from the snow in New England. It doesn't really stick and pack like it does in New England.

Snow is a waste of time, energy, too much work, and it's frickin' cold. You can't eat it, sleep in it, drink it - you can write your name in it if you're a guy or very talented gal.

Snow is white. Makes me have to wear sun glasses. Hurts my eyes.

Snow is cold. Makes me clean my truck off. When it melts on your hair, you get wet... and COLD. When you get it in your gloves, it makes your hands wet and cold and your gloves wet. It gets in your boots. Makes them wet when it melts.

Snow hides giant assed pot holes in the road, and even if you KNEW where they were usually the snow has turned to ice and you can't swerve to avoid the pot holes.

Snow hides dead animals on the ground so the birds can't eat them in the road. Waste of meat for the birds.

Cows are stupid. Snow buries cows in the fields and farmers have to go out and dig out cows, because they are stupid and sit there while snow piles up on them. It's dangerous for farmers because, well, cows are stupid and snow falls on them... Snow sticks on cows for some reason. A snow covered cow crossing the road in a blizzard is dangerous to cars, and foreigners (anyone not from Colorado, or from Michigan, North Dakota, Minnesota - but not New England, cuz they can't drive in the snow either).

People from Texas and California simply drive out into oblivion and are never heard from again when it snows. I'm certain that the majority of deaths in Colorado are Texans and Californians during snow storms. But we will never know because they never find them....

Snow doesn't even melt into the ground here. Mostly it sublimates and blows away as water vapor so it doesn't even water the ground much. If the snow falls here for 3 days, it starts to sublimate on day 1 and it's never as deep as what actually fell (what you saw on my picture above is between 8-9" of snow, and it's all gone today).

So... I detest it. Snow is hateful. Snow is what they have in Hell to bother people. I don't think there's any heat there, I think there's only snow.

Snow sucks.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

>>Here snow is never really on the ground LONG enough to have to buy a snow blower<<

Huh? Your ground is a sizzling cauldron and snow evaporate/sublimates immediately?
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Pretty much, lol!

Unless you live over in the mountains above about 8000 feet a snow blower isn't really going to work.

Snow melts or sublimates fast here. We might get 10" in a day and it's gone that evening.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

If you can shovel it, you can blow it.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Well.... I have seen a few folks with blowers. They ALL bitch about them "not working". Usually the snow is fine and just blows around here. It's RARE to get a heavy, wet snow. Our humidity is like 20-25% all the time. Except raining. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

AP - You're kinda like a continuous Dave Barry article this morning. Quite humorous.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCO View Post
    AP - You're kinda like a continuous Dave Barry article this morning. Quite humorous.
    I actually read it in Abe Simpson's voice...

Thanks

HAHAHA

At least I got you guys to see I was trying to be funny.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I must have bitched too much about snow.

Friday will be nice. 50s. Saturday we're supposed to get snow starting. They are predicting a lot of snow over Saturday and Sunday.

I didn't catch the amount on Saturday for sure ( I think they said 6-9 inches) but Sunday... 9-13" of predicted snow.

If it all falls.... then 22" of snow at one time....

YUk.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Here's more on the WX coming to Colorado this weekend. http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/02/1...in-some-areas/

Can't seem to get the images to post, as usual. Grrrr

Local

Colorado Weather Center Monitors Weekend Snowstorm, Could Drop Over A Foot In Some Areas

February 18, 2015 1:36 PM
    Share on email ?
    View Comments
    (credit: CBS)

Related Tags:

Denver Snowstorm, Tracking Potential Snowstorm, Weekend Snowstorm For Colorado
    By Chris Spears CBS4 Meteorologist
    Read More
    DENVER (CBS4) – With just a few days to go before the weekend, I’ve noticed a buzz here in the CBS4 newsroom about the potential for a heavy weekend snowstorm.
    Here’s a detailed discussion of what we’re watching from the Colorado Weather Center.
    As we move into Friday, a storm system is forecast to take shape over the northern Rockies, indicated by the yellow arrow on the map below.
    That storm is expected to drop south through the day on Friday, ending up somewhere over Nevada or Utah by midnight Saturday.
    As it moves into a position west of Colorado, it will bring a gradual increase in cloud cover throughout the day with rain and snow showers quickly developing over the course of Friday night.
    Current forecast models show the storm system lingering over the central Rockies for the entire weekend, which would keep Colorado cool and wet.
    There are a number of factors that will play into what actually happens, including where the storm system ends up as it drops south on Friday.
    Small shifts in its position could mean a much different forecast as far as snow totals, thanks in part to that amazing 14,000 foot fall of granite that sits across the middle of our state.
    Having said that, current thinking is that we will see favorable conditions for widespread snow starting late Friday and potentially lasting into early Monday.
    During that time, it looks like there might be two distinct periods of moderate to heavy snow, with lighter snow in between.
    One would be early Saturday and the other late Saturday into Sunday.
    The following is what the European model is showing for potential snow across Colorado and in the Denver metro area.
    It happens to be one of the more aggressive models in terms of possible snowfall.
    Accumulations shown are from 10 p.m. Friday through 12 p.m. on Monday.
    The next two graphs are from the Global Forecast System model and show potential snowfall across Colorado and in the Denver metro area.
    It also indicates the possibility of a rather large snow event this weekend, though not quite as heavy.
    Accumulations shown are from 10 p.m. Friday through 12 p.m. on Monday.
    It’s important to stress one more time that this storm is highly subject to change depending on how it ultimately evolves on Friday.
    But with so much interest in weekend planning, we wanted to give you a snapshot of how things are looking at this time.
    Stay with CBSDenver.com, CBS4 and the Colorado Weather Center for more updates as we continue to monitor the extended forecast.
    Meteorologist Chris Spears writes about stories related to weather and climate in Colorado. Check out his bio or follow him on Twitter @ChrisCBS4.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

What are you worried about? It should be gone in what, 10, 15 minutes?
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

About 8 minutes, tops.

lol

I am actually not worried. Except for having to go anywhere (which I won't) or the realtor getting to the house in that stuff (he drives an SUV... and I think he has a dog sled).

But, on the BRIGHT side, those 12 guys in the area that own snow blowers will get to FINALLY use them for the first time since 1997 (when they bought them).
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Yay! Winter storm watch for Colorado! Sorry about that you guys in Jersey and Ohio. Got to be sure to stock up on good beer and chips.

Thanks

Looking at the 7 day, it looks like we'll be getting your snow Tuesday night into Wednesday.

I'll have to do some reading to see what all we're in store for.

Also looks like it's going to be quite a bit below average through next week.

Thanks

I'm just now getting started digging into the latest info but I just took a look at the SREF and mean is currently showing at 7.5" total snowfall.

I've noticed they've already lowered the high temp on Saturday 8 degrees (44 to 36).

Thread Information