Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather Thread

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Weather Thread

Here comes the first measurable snowfall of the season!

We're supposed to get a whopping half inch to an inch!

It's supposed to fall very early morning tomorrow right before sunrise. So of course come rush hour everyone will be driving like idiots that have never driven in snow (Well, "never" since last year of course).

Thanks

Well, at least it's something.

I got about 1 inch of sleet last week.

There may be a storm coming next weekend but apparently these days, no one can tell. They should go back to the 70s and use whatever those guys did because they seemed to have a better handle on it than today's model watchers.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I forgot to update. We ended up with something that would barely qualify as a dusting from that last system.

Sunday, however, is looking interesting. We're not going to get dumped on but, it looks like we could be setting up for some wrap around snow on the backside of the rain that is supposed to fall. A couple models showing up to 2ish inches but who knows. Still crossing my fingers to see some white covering the ground...

I can say one thing, it appears some cold will be crashing down into the area though. Forecast low of 8 Tuesday night and a high of 22 on Wednesday.

Thanks

The latest "Special Weather Statement" from the NWS is saying .5" so, I guess we'll see what we end up with.

Thanks

we had a couple inches of snow in CO. Sucks. I hate it. Did I mention it sucks?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I had 1 inch of sleet this year.

There are no real storms coming.

Most of the meteorologists in the area were calling for above normal snows this year.

Most of those same idiots are still sticking to their guns. It's amazing. We're halfway through January and no snow and they're doubling down...

"The pattern will change mid December, oh, it was 72 on Christmas"
    "well, the pattern will change in Early January, oh it's 55 on Jan 10"
    "The pattern will change in a few weeks...Oh, the models nothing or storms out to sea..."

I don't understand it.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Well, we actually did get our first measurable snow last night.

Looks to be about an inch but it's hard to tell because the wind is so strong it's blowing it all over.

Also, the cold air on the backside is crashing in hard. Temps haven't gotten anywhere near the high they were predicting. So, all of the rain before combined with the blowing snow melted on the roads and has frozen up. Some of the roads have been treated and are great, others haven't been touched and are a disaster. Thankfully most people are driving with some sense but there's some jackoffs out there that think AWD makes them invincible on ice. I'm looking at you, prick in the Porsche Cayenne Turbo that first tried to pass me on a blind hill double yellow with a car coming the other way and then passed me on a double yellow on the inside of a curve, covered with ice. It was fun getting my van loose, drifting it into your lane as you passed, and making your sphincter absorb your leather seats.

I'm no greenhorn when it comes to winter driving. By my estimation I've got about 120,000 miles or more of what could be considered winter driving with no accidents under my belt. I've got no problem with driving quickly in the snow if your vehicle is up to it, and even passing slower vehicles. But some idiots just fail to realize ice is a totally different animal than snow to drive on.

Thanks

I hate snow.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I am watching the 21-23rd time frame for my area with much anticipation...

I may actually get to put my new quad tires to the test!

Thanks

Storm is supposed to be hitting tomorrow and no one knows exactly what is going to be falling in my area.

There's projected to be a very sharp cutoff with snowfall on this storm so with it wobbling NW/SE the projections for my area have gone back and forth.

Right now NWS ILN is calling for 4-6". SREF Plume is showing a 9" mean. If this storm shifts NW further, I could really get dumped on. If it shifts SE I could get nothing.

One thing that seems guaranteed though is KY, PA, VA, and WV are going to catch the brunt of this storm.

Thanks

South Jersey and south eastern PA are getting clobbered too...I'm in the "screw zone" heh. I'm getting maybe 2"-6" and 50 miles to my south will get 18". It really sucks.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I know that feel bro.

Even after watching the 11pm news and getting caught up on the models, I'm still not sure exactly what I'm getting. They're all telling me different things.

All I know is if I go to the end of my road, turn left, and drive ESE for a half hour to an hour, I will be in the jackpot zone.

Then again, if this storm comes NW unexpectedly, I could get clobbered.

The suspense is killing me! I went and made sure the quad batteries were full charged and idled it for a while since it hasn't run in a bit just to be safe.

Thanks

SREF Plume has now dropped to around 4" mean at CVG. None of the other models are looking all that great either.

All I'm seeing right now is a sputtering of light flakes here and there that barely qualifies as a dusting. The radar returns look impressive but none of it seems to be making it to the ground.

Oh well... At least the upside is that DC is looking to get slammed with +24" so it will be shutdown and unable to infringe on our freedom for a little bit.

Thanks

Snow intensity and flake size has picked up. I'm guessing I'll end up with about 4" out of this where I live. Plus we still have maybe an inch on the ground from the system earlier in the week.

Looking to get torched a bit on Monday so it may not be around all that long.

I'm thinking this winter is pretty much going to be a bust for snow for me.

Thanks

Flakes have been small again for a bit but intensity is the same as the big ones.

Grass is still visible. Road in front of the house is mostly coated.

Wind has picked up a bit.

Thanks

Fine flakes are still coming down but not much.

It's a little hard to get an idea of how much snow has fallen so far since it's dark and the wind has been blowing a lot of it around. I'm thinking we got less than 4".

I'll have to look once it gets light out tomorrow but definitely a bust.

Thanks

Yep, hard to get an exact measurement of snowfall since it's been blowing all over.

My guestimation based on the low areas where I still have grass visible and the high drifts is about 2 inches though. Not even a piddly 4".

Thanks

I've got maybe 10 down and probably another 6 to go. The storm is still raging. 30 miles due south of me will see 36 inches before it's all over.

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

While it seemed to snow for forever last night, we only accumulated about 1 inch more. I'm going with 11 inches until I see some official reports.

My boss who said "No one is getting 18 inches", ended up with roughly 30". I am not sure if I should prepare the crow or just feed it to him raw
    Last edited by Malsua; January 24th, 2016 at 13:15.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Hahaha! I wonder if Fitz is smarter than we are.

Seriously though, congrats on a decent snow!

I can't even comprehend 30"-36" of snow. That is simply unreal. Would really love to experience that just to say I had.

Thread Information