Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather Thread

Thanks

Default Re: Weather Thread

Fish dive. lol

But you're right. Has anyone else noticed that for the last couple of years they jump all over themselves predicting the worst they can and nothing really comes of it?

THAT is what political correctness has done to this country.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    Fish dive. lol

But you're right. Has anyone else noticed that for the last couple of years they jump all over themselves predicting the worst they can and nothing really comes of it?

THAT is what political correctness has done to this country.
    It's because all of them underplayed Superstorm Sandy and they got killed for it.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

And then there was Katrina who they yelled about and no one heeded them. And Bush got blamed for the weather. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

NE Florida gonna get it. Shit's flying now. The eye should make land fall there and the East side of the storm and the strong stuff in the top.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

FORTUNATELY, it appears to be weakening considerably. If you look, the eye is starting to break up, and the left side over land is falling to pieces now.
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Fayetteville, NC Police rescuing motorists stranded in the flooding in their MRAP: https://www.facebook.com/Fayettevill...type=2&theater

That looks like that might have even been a little too much water for my truck!

With as close as I am to the Ohio River, I really need to get a deep fording kit...

Thanks

So we went through a solid 24 hours of rain. It started at 0700 and ended yesterday morning at 0700. My dinghy was filled most of the way with water, so we must have gotten a foot or more.

Yesterday was spent moving and changing lines on the boat to keep it from slamming into the dock from north winds (which are chilly). This morning, it's still windy, but sunny. I watched the last of a rain band as it vanished over Maryland on the far side yesterday about noon. You could clearly see the line of rain clouds. Didn't get pictures though, camera is broken

We did not get much of a storm here. A little wind, a lot of rain and it did what I said it would do, it bailed out into the sea south of Cape Hatteras.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post

With as close as I am to the Ohio River, I really need to get a deep fording kit...
    You mean the submariner kit? The Ohio has an average depth of 15 feet, so your snorkel needs a 10 foot extension.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    So we went through a solid 24 hours of rain. It started at 0700 and ended yesterday morning at 0700. My dinghy was filled most of the way with water, so we must have gotten a foot or more.

Yesterday was spent moving and changing lines on the boat to keep it from slamming into the dock from north winds (which are chilly). This morning, it's still windy, but sunny. I watched the last of a rain band as it vanished over Maryland on the far side yesterday about noon. You could clearly see the line of rain clouds. Didn't get pictures though, camera is broken

We did not get much of a storm here. A little wind, a lot of rain and it did what I said it would do, it bailed out into the sea south of Cape Hatteras.
    Now you need to make a run for it since nothing is in the pipeline for the next 10 days or so.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Not making a run. I have some final preparations to do, and a shopping trip to a nearby (2 hours) commissary, THEN I can "make a run" to Norfolk or thereabouts. Probably in 2 days instead of three and not one day either (about 18-20 hours from here, or 100 miles).
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Enthusiast Parks His BMW E30 M3 in Living Room to Escape Hurricane Matthew

October 8, 2016

Hurricane Matthew made landfall earlier this week, and automotive enthusiasts are scrambling to shack-up their cars before the winds cause undue damage. Some stuff their rides in their garage, or even rent out sturdy storage space to ride out the tropical storm. Other enthusiasts, like Instagram user Jalilsup, take things a little further.

As the storm approached the Florida coastline, Randy (Jalilsup) decided the best place for his pristine BMW E30 M3 was right at home. No, we mean it; to stave off damage, he drove his M3 right through the front double-doors of his house, parking it right in the entrance-way.

#hurricanematthew #breakfast #afterthestorm

A photo posted by Randy (@jalilsup) on

Although he was unable to drive it while the storm raged outside, he was able to spend some quality time with his BMW, including a sleep-over and a romantic breakfast. In the end, once the maelstrom passed his town, Jalilsup drove the E30 back out onto his front lawn.

Elsewhere, others weren’t so lucky. Reports emerged surrounding “moderate damage” to the venerable Daytona International Speedway, including damage to “lights, speakers, signage, fences, gates, awnings and palm trees,” according to a statement from the track.

Daytona might’ve gotten off easy. Severe damage was reported at the New Smyrna Speedway, where it appears an entire grandstand collapsed under the severe hurricane winds.

BMW M3 Owner Shows CarBuzz How He Saved His Ride From Hurricane Matthew

This gearhead knew he'd need more than a car cover to protect his M3 from a hurricane.

October 10, 2016

Just yesterday we brought you the story of Instagram user “Jalilsup,” the guy who parked his BMW E30 M3 inside his house to keep it safe from Hurricane Matthew. The photos of his M3 casually parked in his living room made us laugh but also reminded us just what true devotion to a car is. We wanted to learn more about how the whole “car in the house” idea came to be, so we reached out to Jalilsup, real name Randy Jalil, to find out how the hell he got his car into his living room.

Unfortunately we don't have video of the M3 driving into the house (that would have been awesome), but Jalil did share with us this clip of him backing the car out of his living room.

Jalil lives in Port Saint Lucie, Florida, which he says thankfully wasn’t hard hit by the hurricane. Still, he didn’t know that would be the case as Matthew was bearing down on him, and as such he decided to park all his cars indoors to save them from potential wind and flood damage. He garaged his two old BMWs, filling up his garage in the process, and then busted out his tape measure. After measuring the front doors Jalil learned he’d have plenty of space to drive his M3 straight into his living room. With the assistance of his friend Keith Pomeroy the BMW was brought inside to weather the storm. If this seems like a stunt only a crazy gearhead would pull that’s because it is.

Jalil is mad about his M3, telling us that he daily drives it so that he can enjoy it as much as possible. Cars should be driven, not hidden away under covers and kept as investments. Jalil agrees with us wholeheartedly. “This car is absolutely my pride and joy and I will own it for years to come. I currently daily drive the car and enjoy it as much as possible. Most people nowadays will keep them tucked away in their garage to keep the value up. Cars are meant to be driven and I will always live by that,” he wrote. As for the car itself, Jalil says it’s “mostly stock” and that people refer to it as OEM+. Stock or not, this thing looks great and was more than worthy of being parked indoors. We’d like to thank Randy Jalil for sharing his story and photos with us.

Thanks

lol.

Wonder where I can bring my boat in the next one? lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

LOL!

I am absolutely not ashamed to say I would, without hesitation, do the same thing.

Thanks

Just thought I'd post that before the debates, around 7-8pm to be exact, the area to the west had a tornado warning and the storm cell was right in line with my county. Thankfully it fell apart before it got here.

There was never actually a confirmed tornado on the ground, just some upper level rotation.

Same storm was dropping 3-4" hail west of me which is an extreme rarity around here. Local weather interrupted and showed hail core up to 50k feet.

Radar was picking up 60-70 MPH gusts but that didn't materialize either thankfully.

Right now we're just getting dumped on with rain.

Thanks

50,000 feet isn't all that. lol

But that makes for big assed hail when it finally comes down
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

This weekend and start of next week is being forecast to be in the mid-upper 70s and sunny.

I'm not complaining about the unseasonable warmth, I've still got a few things to take care of on my truck!

Thanks

It's 75 and sunny with a nice breeze here now and, it forecast to be in the 70s-80s clear through Thursday of next week.We

We are really getting spoiled with a nice Fall. My wallet that is not having to pay for heating right now is also quite thankful.

Makes me wonder how bad winter will be when it hits. It's all good though. I've got a like new set of Goodyear MT/Rs for the truck on the way so let Mother Nature do her worst!

Thanks

One thing that I am getting tired of with the warm weather is the invasion of Wolf Spiders that just isn't stopping.

I feel like I should be bathing in cypermethrin (aka Ortho Home Defense).

Some of the ones that the cyper hasn't quite taken effect on yet are a bit quick! Just missed one in fact...

But that's cool. I sprayed everywhere inside with Home Defense. I'll get you eventually.

To be honest, I'm amazed there are any left. I was having huge problems with them in my new auto shelters so I literally coated the entire area inside there liberally with Home Defense. You wouldn't believe how many ended up dead on the ground in there. So many I'd almost rather just put new gravel on the driveway in there than try to lay under my truck without it.

Thanks

Gross. Thanks. Happy Freaking out Halloween to you too. lol

I hate those fuckers.

We're under WINDS now. In the anchorage. 18-20 knots, and 25 gusts maybe on and off. Rocky as hell. lol

Cold front moved through. We have chilly weather today. It's also blowing from the NE, so the Bay out there is BAD, small craft warnings, and 4-5 foot waves. Not good for little boats (I could go through it, but, sure as hell don't want to!) lol

Place called Willoboughy Bay near Norfolk just through the bridge-tunnel across the Elizabeth River.

If the weather breaks tomorrow we head south and try to get into the channel going south (and east). If all goes well, we should do roughly 40 statue miles per day. Wish us luck
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

LOL! Glad I could help.

Good luck!

Thread Information