Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2013-2014 Season

Thanks

Default NFL 2013-2014 Season

It's that time of the year. I predict Atlanta and Denver right now for the superbowl. (subject to change)
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: NFL 2013-2014 Season

Hehehe Denver?

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting picks Brian.

According to my youngest brother who follows sports much more closely than I do, the Bengals are looking pretty good on paper and are favored to do well by several sports personalities.

We'll see. I'm not holding my breath. The Bengals always, somehow, manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and I'm not too happy they decided to keep Marvin Lewis around.

Thanks

The bengals will be second in division and may get a wild card I think, but they still have a bit of rebuild before they're set. Peyton is going to set Denver on fire this year for first or second seed. But he's choked before in the post season. Atlanta holds promise most years lately but always seem to come up short. I think this is their year. The Steelers just entered rebuild in my opinion and I don't see them making the playoffs, but they can always surprise you. Big Ben may have past his best years but again you can't count him out. The Pats and Ravens have been gutted in key areas and While I think they'll make the playoffs, I don't see them making it past the first week I think the Giants may make it to the second week but that's just a hunch. San Diego will just tease as always. Aaron Rodgers can't do much other than keep the team competitive. New Orleans had their day. Niners are an unknown to me right now on which version we'll see and Seattle was a fluke. Indy will compete, so will Chicago and Dallas, but ultimately they will either fail in post season or just fall short of making it. Detroit will continue to improve but no Ring for them for at least two or three seasons if at all. All the rest are just stepping stones for the other teams.

I base this all on the off season changes of free agency, retirement, thin draft class and what I've seen in the preseason with first string and high draft choices. I don't usually pay much attention to certain quarters of those games and final score means nothing to me.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I'm the other Bengal fan...got give the Who Dey!

Geno Atkins got paid and he is good for it too...fantastic individual from what I can tell.

Thanks

Denver 49 and Baltimore 27 Peyton for 7 TDs! wow. I'm a life long Steelers fan but even I can appreciate a QB of his caliber. The three greatest IMO were Sammy Baugh, Johnny U, and Peyton Manning. None of them Steelers lol. About one true great per generation.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Yep, I think you're right about that Brian!

Thanks

Well, the Bengals started out strong and then got stupid. All of the wrong number of men on the fields and the subsequent timeouts burned on them were inexcusable.

And seriously Maualuga, thanks for costing the team the chance to tie it up because you couldn't control yourself.

Thanks

It's just one game. First four games of any team are where they work out all the kinks. After that you'll know if they're gonna be serious or not.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Yeah, I know but unfortunately for the Bengals, their first several games are against some rather tough opponents so they'll have to get their act together quick. They won't be easy games where they can skate by without worrying about making some mistakes.

Thanks

Considering that your team barely lost and mostly due to mistakes I'd say they will do well. It's their year for division lead, so to lose that spot would be a huge failure. Meanwhile, the Steelers lost to Tennessee handily. The team also lost 2 players for the season and 2 others for a game or more. Very poor showing.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Well Ryan, I think you might just enjoy Monday Night Football this week. I believe the Bengals will not only beat the Steelers, but will thoroughly trounce them.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Well, I hope the Bengals don't trounce them!

I prefer close games so they don't get boring.

Thanks

I like a good close game too of course, I just don't think this one will be. It'd be nice if Pittsburgh got their ducks in a row though.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

I kind of had it figured that the Steelers were going to have poor season this year. I think they can still do an 8-8 year if they shape up, but their overall quality of talent is low right now. Who knows? Sunday night may prove to be Cleveland's first victory of the season. /shrug
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

That game on Monday was a little close for comfort for most of it. Guess I got what I asked for.

Dalton really needs to start completing more of those passes...

Thanks

Most of the AFC teams have issues within several areas of their team except the Bengals. Theirs are minor at worst. They do however need a franchise QB to really seal the deal though. Perhaps Dalton could morph into that but I doubt it. They should have tried harder under Carson, IMO, when they had the chance. I'd say they should consider a very expensive trade up in next year's draft to get a QB if one of note is there. If your team holds it together this year you'll have a minimum of a 4th seed placement for the post season. Can't gripe about that.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin View Post
    Perhaps Dalton could morph into that but I doubt it.
    That seems to be the consensus I've seen on him. He's good but not great. I can agree with that.

With Palmer, I think he was a great asset but he just wasn't the same after his knee injury in '06 and then his elbow getting questionable. He just seemed to be getting worn out.

Thanks

By the way, this one's for you Brian...

Thanks

Lmao!

Thread Information