Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Edit Avatar Help Needed

Thanks

Default Edit Avatar Help Needed

I wanted to activate my avatar and type in the link but it will not allow me to do so.

Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.

Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

the radio button will not toggle and stays permanently on indicating to not use an avatar.

What to do?
    She takes a swing but she can't hit.

Thanks

Default Re: Edit Avatar Help Needed

You've likely got blocking software on. Pop-ups and what-not. Just hold in the control button or Shift button or whichever by-passes the software when you click on the Edit Avatar link.

-Laz
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Hi Laz,

Thanks for reply but that wasn't it. I do not use any blocker-warez except for that which is built-in to IE6. I turned it off and tried but experienced the same thing. The radio button is filled and remains filled even if I click it.

According to the source of that page, I can see this code. Checked by default.

I tried right clicking on it to get a popup URL but there is none. I did this because, from what you wrote, I should be seeing a popup window if I click it.

If you can further investigate on your end, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

CSpace

Thanks

I had put the actual source in my previous message.... but it translates the HTML. Anyway.. trust me... it ain't workin!

CSpace

Thanks

Did you try holding in the CTRL button while clicking the "edit avatar" link? The reason I ask is that I had the same problem until I did that.

-Laz
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Yes.. I did. It doesn't change the way the screen or/and its controls function (for me).

CSpace

Thanks

Until I can learn more about it, the only thing I can say for certain is something running in the background or as part of your browser is blocking the code snippet from implementing correctly. Unless you have a way to by-pass that manually it will keep doing it.

I'll check it out further and see if we can manage a fix for it or a definate by-pass.

-Laz
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Laz,

Thanks. In the meantime, can you set my avatar for me to this?
    http://www.2cool.net/images/CSpace_Avatarb.jpg

something in the backround... hmmm.. I'm not running any funky programs.

Is it perhaps something in the IE security settings or active X permissions?

CSpace

Thanks

Laz,

I tried an an old Netscrape (4.7) too and experienced the same thing as under IE6.

CSpace

Thanks

I found some info on how to fix the problem. Also I could add your avatar for you. Only one problem... lol Ryan needs to set up more functions for the Admins for me to be able to do any of that.

I'll see if I can get him to take a look at it and tweak some things.

You might also try erasing all your cookies and then trying to edit the avatar again. Just a thought.

-Laz
    Brian Baldwin

BBB - Blond Beyond Belief Bunny's Avatar
    In the culvert down by the Happy Trails trailer park
    Thanks

I don't think the option to add your own avatar has been enabled.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay folks, sorry about that.

Bunny nailed the problem. The option to allow regular users to use avatars was toggled off!

I've fixed it now.

Laz,
    Thanks for trying to give Cspace a hand!

Thanks

I just fixed the Administrator privlages.

You are now a demi-god Laz...

Thanks

I just fixed the Administrator privlages.

You are now a demi-god Laz...
    WHAT!? I've been demoted? Before today I WAS God.

-Laz
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Yea... workin' fine now. Thanks!

Thanks

I tried to set up my "avatar" but the system said it was too big. Was that my head, my ego, or the image. I'm not sure.....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

LOL!!

I had the avatar dimension limit set to 100x100 pixels and size limit set to 50kb.

I think I'm going to increase that to accommodate head, ego, and all.

Thanks

Well, that's good. Cuz, I know I have a big head. People keep telling me that.

Youi know, I was thinking something, you said you fixed the "referred by" problem.

I was thinking, that perhaps that isn't really a PROBLEM and I WISH we had something like that at Anomalies.

Why? Because when a group of "buddies" start acting up like they did over there, you can trace the train of "thoughts" among them by seeing who recommended whom!

Anyway, if you ever needed to ban anyone, you can go through the listing. lol

So... I have to make my picture even smailler than it already is to get it work then?

http://www.qrz.com/hampix/y/j/n0njy.1038810886.jpg

That;'s the link to it above.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I think the 100x100 is a good size. Maybe 150x150. We don't want to get to the point that avatars are taking up whole pages. As for the 56kb... I'd up that to around 150kb, so that we can still animate the avatars decently. If it becomes a problem for space though we can limit future ones to smaller.

I'd be happy to animate a few avatars for you guys too if you like. I only sleep like 3 hours a day anyway, so I have LOTS of time on my hands.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Rick...

After listening to a few folks no longer with Anomalies.net I figured I'd "touch up" the photo you linked to. I think this more accurately depicts you from their point of view.

-Laz
    Brian Baldwin

Thread Information