Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edit Avatar Help Needed

Thanks

Default Re: Edit Avatar Help Needed

Laz,

Nice work on Rick's Pic. Cracked me Up!

P.S> Funny seeing Brian Baldwin as your screen name and you still sign message with Laz... or perhaps, you changed name after the post was made.

CSpace
    She takes a swing but she can't hit.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Brian, that is hilarious!! Rick really should start using that on Anomalies as his new avatar!

Also, thanks for the recommendations on avatar dimensions and size. I was thinking 150x150 should be more than adequate. Good point on the file size increase too.

I didn’t want the restrictions to be as small as the ones' on Anomalies as that was a slight annoyance to me when that was finally enabled.

Rick,
    I haven't really checked into the "referrer" option. Does it allow the user to enter anything in the field or is it restricted to just current members' screen names? If it is an open field, I may re-enable that. But, if it means that you have to know someone who is already a member here, I'm going to leave it off.

Thanks

It's a good change. Funny beyond belief! Still laughing. Brian I'd love for you to get me another one. I would then swap the one I have on the other site to here and put the Roman gladiator one over there. Got any gorgeous, red-headed female gladiators equipped w/ sword and shield? And I recall needing clothes when you were working on this before.
    Last edited by Aplomb; August 2nd, 2005 at 13:18. Reason: Forgot detail of clothing

Thanks

Aplomb,
    I will of course work on another one for you. I may even be able to make a bigger version of what you already have on the other site. (I'm not very fond of the size restrictions there either.)

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

LOL

I'm gonna change my picture now on Anomalies.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Rick,
    I haven't really checked into the "referrer" option. Does it allow the user to enter anything in the field or is it restricted to just current members' screen names? If it is an open field, I may re-enable that. But, if it means that you have to know someone who is already a member here, I'm going to leave it off.
    Negative.

It makes you enter a real user-name from the site. I put in "Ryan" and it didn't work. Then I put in "Ryan Ruck" and it did work. So I assume it keeps a record, I didn't look at that though.

Rick

PS. Check out my new avatar over on Anomalies. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

If Brian will make your horns bigger, it'll look great. Right now it just looks like bad photography. It isn't in your profile pic, either, Rick.

Thanks

Horns are bigger now. These kind of pictures only take me a couple minutes to make.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aplomb
    If Brian will make your horns bigger, it'll look great. Right now it just looks like bad photography. It isn't in your profile pic, either, Rick.
    Well, my profile picture is supposed to be my picture, silly.

The avatar is the "Cartoon character you send to do the dirty work"

Therefore, me with horns and tail certainly is appropriate, eh?

I notied the horns this morning. I figured Laz would fix it. Also, just for the heck of it, I'm using his copy instead of getting my own. Haha.

I'll change it later, but for now, it's "working". LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

You should look at using Mal's. That nuke going off in the background is pretty cool.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Cspace on Caffine!

Sorry. Got bored. lol

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin

Cspace on Caffine!

Sorry. Got bored. lol

Brian
    Great use of free time! I like it! Please pass the coffee!
    She takes a swing but she can't hit.

Thanks

Ryan, I'm thinking your site is about to get busier. Brian, I'd like to have an avatar. If you could let me know how to get the one of the sword-weilding chic, that'll be fine. Keep in mind I am totally ignorant about computer usage so baby-step me through the process. It's great to know I'm not losing all of you guys.

Thanks

Is that the one you wanted Aplomb?

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Sweet! That be me. Thanks Brian.

Thanks

I might be able to double the size without hurting the overall resolution of it.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Hey I got my avatar working
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

What?!?! No devil's tail?!?!

LOL!

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey folks. I just signed on. I also tried to upload my avatar and no good. Says I can't. Same for trying to link it rather than upload. Says I can't.

Thanks

Phil,
    I had updated the message board software today. During that update, some board options likely defaulted to their original values.

I will get the avatar options returned to what they were so you should not have any problems.

Thread Information