Thread: 2006 NFL Draft

Thanks

Default 2006 NFL Draft

For those interested... Here is the complete NFL draft for 2006. Go there to see whom your team drafted and decide for yourself whether or not it was good overall for your team this year.

http://www.nfl.com/draft
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: 2006 NFL Draft

I actually was able to watch Cincinnati's 1st round draft pick and must say, I am pretty happy with it. Johnathan Joseph is one fast dude!

And, I'm also glad to see that Cincinnati focused pretty heavily on defense with their top picks.

Overall, I'm very hopeful about this next season!

Thanks

I was pretty happy with the Packers' draft choices this year (much better than last year). They got 2 *very* good LB in Hawk and Hodge, picked up 2 badly needed O-linemen, and found some WR talent to keep an eye on.

With all 3 starting RBs from last year signed and coming back, and the pick-up of Woodson at CB, they worked on the areas that needed the focus.

Now we just need to see how the new guys fare.

-Bryk

Thanks

Losing Javon Walker wasn't great for the Packers though. Hopefully some of the younger depth can pick up the pace and step in for him. The pack needs a good season this year as I believe it will indeed be Favre's last.

Cincinatti's draft was pretty solid but Lewis has been fairly consistant in the draft over the last couple years so I expected as much. I expect the AFC North division to be one heck of battle between the Bengals, Browns, and Steelers. And of course you can never write off the Ravens completely.

My Steelers picked up their deep threat and return weapons in the early rounds and then worked further on the depth we've been known for under Cowher. Another solid draft.

And Sean... While I don't think at this time your Chargers are going to do more than barely make the playoffs this season I think your team is set up to amaze everyone next year and maybe go to the AFC Championship. Young team now that needs to work through the obvious growing pains.

The NFC is the conference that has me taking notice this year. With the free agency and the draft, several of them are looking like they may break the NFC drought of recent years. Could be we'll see only teams very deserving of playoffs in the playoffs in both divisions. I'm already getting very psyched about this season. Two and one half months to go for Pre-Season.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin
    Losing Javon Walker wasn't great for the Packers though. Hopefully some of the younger depth can pick up the pace and step in for him. The pack needs a good season this year as I believe it will indeed be Favre's last.
    Very true -- tough loss. But from the "insiders" I know, he was making a big stink about getting out of GB, and would likely have caused more trouble than production this season. They were trying to get 2 2nd-rounders for him, but had no takers ... so they snagged a single 2nd-rounder at the last moment on draft day, and converted that (along with some other 2nd and 3rd round picks) into 4 or 5 picks in the mid rounds.

They are hurting at WR and will need someone to step up.

-Bryk

Thanks

Likely why he went to Denver... He wants a shot at a Super Bowl and has no faith in G.B. anymore. On some fronts I don't blame him... But his lack of loyalty can cost him more in the long run than he can imagine.
    Brian Baldwin

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm... Sounds a lot like what Cincinnati went through with Corey Dillon.

Thread Information