Thread: 2014 SOTU address Obama's final term

Thanks

Default 2014 SOTU address Obama's final term

What will you be wearing....

Twitchy
    Following
    Fashion forward! Wardrobe must-haves to survive the SOTU address [pics]

What will you wear during Tuesday night’s State of the Union address? Lying Obamacare poster boy Chad Henderson says he’ll be donning this getup as a 224 more words

US Politics
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: 2014 SOTU address Obama's final term

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post

More proof that Conservative women tend to, by and large, be better looking than Liberal women.

Thanks

Oh, I didn't even SEE her!

Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I hear that happens to married guys...

Thanks

lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Who? All I see is a nice pair, defaced with an Obama logo.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Video: Krauthammer Mocks Obama’s “Pathetic” Executive Pen and Phone Threat: “The Caudillo Waves His Pen”

January, 27, 2014 — nicedeb Charles Krauthammer was invited on to Greta Van Susteren’s Fox show to explain why Obama seems to have ditched his mission to change Washington in favor of his executive pen and phone.
    “He’s going to eliminate Article One of the Constitution which says that legislation comes from Congress. This is the way they do it Venezuela, Cuba and other places, Dr. K snarked, “the Caudillo waves a pen, he shows it on Twitter and says I will rule from the pen. (For those of you in Rio Linda, a Caudillo is a Latin American military dictator.)
    “What makes it sort of pathetic,” he continued, ”is that it sounds like a tough threat and it is unconstitutional, it’s not how you ought to be the president of the United States, but in the end there’s very little he can do.”
    Krauthammer reminded viewers of Obama’s big “we can’t wait” tour of 2011, which was largely ineffectual. “In the end, the only thing the president can do with a pen – executive orders – is fairly limited,” he said, making sure to note that the exception to the rule is the EPA which can shut down whole industries.
    “He can’t even do what normal presidents have done – which is work with other side.”
    Greta noted that Clinton actually liked members of Congress – even those on the other side.
    “You get the impression he chose the wrong field,” Krauthammer quipped.
    Neither of them mentioned Obama’s executive order in June of 2012 that bypassed Congress to enact the Dream Act, an executive overreach Krauthammer called “out and out lawlessness” at the time. It seems to me that chances are good that we will be treated to more such lawlessness because of Obama’s complete and utter failure to work with Congress.

http://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2014/01...waves-his-pen/
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Not sure why this is news, but it is kind of funny....

Maybe he's going there to open a new line of guns. Or lobby the President to "release more ducks". Or perhaps to simply stare into the face of Satan and defy him....

Willie Robertson attending State of the Union address

FoxNews.com

Facebook0 Twitter0 LinkedIn0

• June 5, 2013. Willie Robertson of the reality television show "Duck Dynasty" speaking at the Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. U.S. Associates meeting in Fayetteville, Arkansas.Reuters

Tuesday night's State of the Union address may be “happy, happy, happy” with “Duck Dynasty” star Willie Robertson in attendance.

Robertson will head to D.C. as a guest of Louisiana Rep. Vance McAllister, who the reality star endorsed back in November.

"I am proud to have my close friend, constituent and small business owner, Willie Robertson, attend tonight's State of the Union Address as my special guest," McAllister said in a statement, according to E! News. "Willie is thankful for this opportunity and honored to attend. I look forward to the two of us representing the Fifth District in DC this evening and bringing some diversity to our nation's capitol."

The bearded duck call maker is the son of Phil Robertson, who gained lots of media attention at the end of 2013 for comments he made during an interview with GQ about homosexuality and African-Americans. Phil Robertson was then briefly suspended from his A&E series.

Now, the entire family can be seen on the fifth season of the hit show, currently airing on A&E on Wednesday nights.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Tea Party Favorite Lays Into Obama’s Newest Executive Order in CNN Interview: ‘Unconstitutional,’ ‘Contempt,’ a ‘Violation’

Becket Adams

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) on Tuesday slammed President Barack Obama’s plan to sign an executive order increasing the minimum wage for federal contractors to $10.10 an hour, calling the plan a “constitutional violation.”
    In this Oct. 15, 2013 file photo, Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, walks from House Speaker John Boehner’s office with reporters in pursuit on Capitol Hill in Washington. (AP Photo)

Obama is expected to announce the wage increase, the latest example of the White House bypassing Congress to achieve specific goals, at Tuesday’s State of the Union address.

“I think it’s a constitutional violation,” King said during a CNN interview. “We have a minimum wage. Congress has set it. For the president to simply declare ‘I’m going to change this law that Congress has passed,’ is unconstitutional. He’s outside the bounds of his Article II limitations.”

“This threat that the president is going to run the government with an ink pen and executive orders, we’ve never had a president with that level of audacity and that level of contempt for his own oath of office,” King added.

CNN host Chris Cuomo interjected to note that former President Bill Clinton signed far more executive orders than Obama, adding “if you want to stay with your line of reasoning, it could be a little bit of a dangerous game.”

“How invested are you in this, representative, because if he really is abusing his constitutional powers, some might say that’s ground for action against the president, maybe even an impeachable offense. Is that what you’re saying?” Cuomo continued.

“You know, I’ve stayed away from that word, although it does come to me on the streets of America consistently,” King said. “I think instead, this Congress should lay out the violations that the president has had. And there are many.”

Obama knows better, King added.

“It’s Congress’s job to pass the laws. He knows that. And we need to take our oath seriously and defend the Constitution,” he said.

Meanwhile, as King and others railed against the president’s latest executive order, White House chief of staff Denis McDonough told CBS News that “rather than sit and wait for Congress to take action, we’re going to go ahead and roll out on our own, using the president’s authority.”

“Nobody who works full time and works hard at their job should live in poverty. We think $10.10 an hour will allow them to do that,” he said, adding that the White House will “look to work with Congress where we can, but I think as we’ve seen over the last several years now, Congress sometimes is a little slow to action.”
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

SENATOR: THE WORLD’S ABOUT TO BLOW UP, LITERALLY – LINDSEY GRAHAM DROPS ANOTHER BOMBSHELL! WILL IT BE NUCLEAR?

Posted by tomfernandez28 on February 3, 2014
    Posted in: Uncategorized. Tagged: 2/3/2014, America, congress, Democrats, GOP, Iran, Iraq, islam, NUCLEAR ATTACK, Obama, President Obama, Republicans, SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM, Syria, The United States, The White House, Washington D.C.. 1 comment

Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina dropped a bombshell after Barack Obama’s State of the Union speech by declaring that ‘the world is literally about to blow up’. We think that Senator Graham’s warning should be taken very seriously and should send out a very strong false flag warning to ALL Americans. Considering Iranian ships are now approaching America, we strongly suggest keeping our eyes and ears open, especially considering Senator Graham’s prior warning of a nuclear attack upon America as shared in the videos below.

Sen. Lindsey Graham blasted President Obama for the foreign policy portion of his State of the Union address Tuesday night.

“The world is literally about to blow up,” the South Carolina Republican told Roll Call. “The world as I know was not remotely described by the president.”

“Syria is a contagion … Iraq is disintegrating. The whole region is moving toward chaos, and we’re doing nothing. We’re talking about limiting drones?” he continued.

The original has a video (which I can't see at the moment).

http://tomfernandez28.com/2014/02/03...it-be-nuclear/
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

In Case You Missed It

Obama State of the Union 2015 Address: President's [FULL] SOTU Speech Today on 1/20/15

Streamed live on Jan 20, 2015
    Obama State of the Union 2015 Address: The president laid out a vision for his last two years in office, outlining areas of possible consensus with Republicans as well as challenging them to support his push on education, child care and tax breaks for the middle class.

Click to navigate to:
    Start of Speech: 00:39
    The State of the Union is Strong: 03:40
    New Taxes on the Wealthy: 30:40
    Progress on ISIS Fight: 35:02
    Next Step with Cuba: 37:43
    Diplomacy and Iran: 39:17
    Climate Change: 43:31

Obama’s Zinger in State of Union Address | President's 2015 Address on 1/20/15

Live State of the Union Special
    (New) Live, up to the minute commentary and analysis from Glenn, Pat & Stu.

Woman Showcased by Obama in SOTU is a Former Democratic Campaign Staffer
    Woman apparently the only economic success story in Obama's America

BY: Brent Scher
    January 21, 2015 12:07 pm

The woman whose story of economic recovery was showcased by President Barack Obama in his State of the Union address is a former Democratic campaign staffer and has been used by Obama for political events in the past.

Rebekah Erler has been presented by the White House as a woman who was discovered by the president after she wrote to him last March about her economic hardships. She was showcased in the speech as proof that middle class Americans are coming forward to say that Obama’s policies are working.

Unmentioned in the White House bio of Erler is that she is a former Democratic campaign operative, working as a field organizer for Sen. Patty Murray (D., Wash.).

This also wasn’t the first time the White House used the former Democratic campaign staffer as a political prop. Obama spent a “day in the life” of Erler in June so that he could have “an opportunity to communicate directly with the people he’s working for every day.”

Reuters revealed Erler’s Democratic affiliations following that June event, and the Minnesota Republican Party attacked Obama for being “so out of touch with reality that he thinks a former Democrat campaign staffer speaks for every Minnesotan.”

Obama used Erler as an example that the economy is getting better. Here is the part of Obama’s speech regarding Erler. Her political work goes unmentioned:

Seven years ago, Rebekah and Ben Erler of Minneapolis were newlyweds. She waited tables. He worked construction. Their first child, Jack, was on the way.

They were young and in love in America, and it doesn’t get much better than that.

“If only we had known,” Rebekah wrote to me last spring, “what was about to happen to the housing and construction market.”

As the crisis worsened, Ben’s business dried up, so he took what jobs he could find, even if they kept him on the road for long stretches of time. Rebekah took out student loans, enrolled in community college, and retrained for a new career. They sacrificed for each other. And slowly, it paid off. They bought their first home. They had a second son, Henry. Rebekah got a better job, and then a raise. Ben is back in construction – and home for dinner every night.

“It is amazing,” Rebekah wrote, “what you can bounce back from when you have to…we are a strong, tight-knit family who has made it through some very, very hard times.”

America, Rebekah and Ben’s story is our story. They represent the millions who have worked hard, and scrimped, and sacrificed, and retooled. You are the reason I ran for this office. You’re the people I was thinking of six years ago today, in the darkest months of the crisis, when I stood on the steps of this Capitol and promised we would rebuild our economy on a new foundation. And it’s been your effort and resilience that has made it possible for our country to emerge stronger.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/woman...paign-staffer/

Obama Omits Customary “God Bless The United States of America” From End Of SOTU Speech…

Via Red State:

President Obama ended the State of the Union address in a new way. He didn’t say, as tradition, “God bless you, and God bless these United States of America”.

He said, “Thank you, God bless you, and God bless this country we love.”

A quick check on his prior SOTU speeches reveals he used the customary phrasing in past years:

2014: God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.
    2013: “Thank you. God bless you, and God bless these United States of America”
    2012: “Thank you. God bless you, and God bless these United States of America”
    2011: ” Thank you. God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America. ”
    2010: “Thank you. God bless you. And God bless the United States of America.”

What happened to “God bless the United States of America”?

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

I didn't watch the SOTU address.

So...

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Works for me!

Thanks

I can't stand to listen to his babble, so I didn't watch it either. LOL shirt works as well.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

He's a lying, subversive, piece of human garbage that must be ousted ASAP. Listening to him makes my skin crawl. He may in fact extend beyond narcissistic sociopath directly into destructive psychopathic lunatic.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

I took a pass to watching as well. I am too busy flourishing in his economy to have time for that. Did I say flourish? Oops. How about languishing. Yes. Thats better.

Thanks

I'm still thinking that shirt should have said

OiO

you know... just to circle the point....s
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

I don't know much about Anonymous. However, this video seems to get to the point.

Thread Information