Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

Thanks

Default Star Wars

New movie.

With the old people.

Ford, Fisher, Hamill join newcomers in 'Star Wars' cast

Disney announced the cast of "Star Wars: Episode VII" on April 29. The list includes the original Luke, Leia and Han as well as a few new faces. Here, director J.J. Abrams, center, meets with the cast, including Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker. (Photo: Lucasfilm)

Original stars will join newcomers in the upcoming sci-fi epic directed by J.J. Abrams.

SHARE 1396 CONNECT 130 TWEET 16 COMMENTEMAILMORE

Han, Luke and Leia are back, and they're bringing company.
    Original Star Wars stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher officially returned to George Lucas' galaxy far, far away with an official announcement from Lucasfilm and Disney on Tuesday.
    The three actors, plus returning actors Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker, are part of the large cast of the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII movie, which will also feature John Boyega (Attack the Block), relative newcomer Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver (Girls), Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis), Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson (About Time) and Max von Sydow. They begin filming in London next month.
    "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII," says director J.J. Abrams. "It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."
    Ford, Hamill and Fisher have been rumored to reprise their roles as lovable rogue Han Solo, Jedi master Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia, respectively, for a while now, and presumably Daniels and Baker are returning as droids C-3PO and R2D2 (who were also a part of the prequel trilogy) and Mayhew as Chewbacca.
    John Williams will also be returning as the Episode VII composer, filling the same musical role he's had since 1977's original Star Wars.
    Reports have mentioned Driver as a possible villain in the new movie, and von Sydow — who played tyrannical Ming the Merciless in the 1980 Flash Gordon movie — may be joining him. Also of note: After being a part of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies, Serkis joins yet another geek-loved franchise.
    Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan wrote the screenplay for Episode VII, which is being produced by Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy and Bryan Burk and is slated to hit theaters Dec. 18, 2015.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Star Wars

As long as they digitize Princess Leia before they put here in that gold bikini, I'm good with it.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    As long as they digitize Princess Leia before they put here in that gold bikini, I'm good with it.
    Lol....

When I was a teenager watching the 'Return of the Jedi', that was a high point of the movie, let me tell you.

The Goddamned Ewoks? Not so much
    "God's an old hand at miracles, he brings us from nonexistence to life. And surely he will resurrect all human flesh on the last day in the twinkling of an eye. But who can comprehend this? For God is this: he creates the new and renews the old. Glory be to him in all things!" Archpriest Avvakum

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

You do not want to see her it in now. She has, unfortunately, aged like milk.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    You do not want to see her it in now. She has, unfortunately, aged like milk.
    Cocaine and booze, even after the habit is kicked, will do that. I discovered Pamela Hensley; "Princess Ardala" from the 'Buck Rodgers in the 25th century' movie/tv show, after Carrie Fisher.

Name:  Pamela_Hensley-babe-chickipedia_thumb_585x795.jpg
Views: 7991
Size:  41.3 KB

And Laurette Spang, 'Cassiopeia' from 'Battlestar Galactica' (the original);

Name:  laurette-spang-662711l.jpg
Views: 1764
Size:  6.6 KB

And my last fave, Darryl Hannah as 'Pris' in 'Bladerunner';

Name:  10-Blade-Runner.jpg
Views: 2255
Size:  351.0 KB
    Last edited by Avvakum; April 30th, 2014 at 01:20.
    "God's an old hand at miracles, he brings us from nonexistence to life. And surely he will resurrect all human flesh on the last day in the twinkling of an eye. But who can comprehend this? For God is this: he creates the new and renews the old. Glory be to him in all things!" Archpriest Avvakum

Thanks

I was always a fan of Erin Grey from Buck Rogers.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Sorry....

7 of 9.

LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Well, I like Jeri Ryan too, but he mentioned Buck Rogers.

Daryl Hannah never did anything for me and if you look at her now, she's got some kind of freakish hip thing going on. It's like her pelvic bone was scaled up by 200% but the rest of her stayed the same.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

My wife asked when I told her about the "original cast", "What are they calling that one? Geriatric Wars?"

/chuckles

I envision the movie having Han Solo and Leia being married and "in charge" or something, Luke is the General, Calrisian is some general or something, the Wookie is a general for the wookies and has a son etc.

The "kids" in the show are the children of the original and continuing on.

But, I have no idea.

I read the original Star Wars book as a book, LONG before the movie came out, and never read any of the other stuff. I've NEVER seen anything but the original three movies and I don't think I saw the third one all the way through.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    Well, I like Jeri Ryan too, but he mentioned Buck Rogers.

Daryl Hannah never did anything for me and if you look at her now, she's got some kind of freakish hip thing going on. It's like her pelvic bone was scaled up by 200% but the rest of her stayed the same.
    I'm glad you mentioned Erin Grey, I liked her too, but even as a teen I favored the 'bad girls', lol. Erin Grey's character was the kind of girl you marry, looking back...

Darryl Hannah today? Oh well, time hasn't been so grand to me physically either. I always remember her as 'Pris' on 'Bladerunner', the slightly crazy damaged goods kid of girl, both menacing and vulnerable at the same time.

I certainly liked Jeri Ryan as 7 of 9.

Anyway, I hope that they bring back some of the innocence and charm and good guys vs. bad guys of the original 'Star Wars' movies, the kind of movies that Hollywood used to make that made people want to go to the movies in the first place.

Thanks

So has this officially turned into a "Hot Chicks of SciFi" thread? If not, I'm here to help push it in that direction!

Great mentions so far.

Since Jeri Ryan was brought up (without a picture I might add! ), here's a couple of my other favorite Trek hotties...

First to correct the oversight:

(Even though her scumbag husband is basically responsible for giving Obama an opening onto the national stage)

Next Jolene Blalock as T'Pol from Enterprise:

And Nicole de Boer as Ezri Dax from Deep Space Nine:

Now to jump out of the Trek universe how about Olivia Wilde as Quorra from TRON: Legacy...

(She may be a dirty fucking Commie but there's no denying she's smokin' hot)

Also from TRON: Legacy, Beau Garrett as Gem:

Summer Glau as Cameron from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and River Tam in Firefly:

(She was way hotter in TSCC than Firefly!)

And since I've mentioned Firefly...

Jewel Staite as Kaylee from Firefly and Stargate: Atlantis (which I've never seen) as Dr. Jennifer Keller:

Morena Baccarin as Inara in Firefly and Anna in V:

(Personally, I think it's nearly criminal she cut off all that hair for V. It is gorgeous. At least she grew some of it back for Homeland)

Now, I know it seems like I'm spamming this thread but it is for a good cause after all! Two more...

Grace Park as Lt. Sharon "Boomer" Valerii from Battlestar Galactica:

Tricia Helfer as Caprica Six also in Battlestar Galactica:

You're welcome!

Thanks

Thanks, lol.

But on to the thread topic, i'm mixed in my view of how the expanded universe was basically shitcanned in relation to the next series of films. There was a whole wealth of scifi concepts they could've used for the upcoming films, but the quality of stories in the EU varies considerably. Many people got their Star Wars 'fix' in reading these stories in times when films weren't coming out, but fans have also made of this fictional universe such a cult almost, that no concessions can be made to attract the rest of the public into enjoying the franchise.

It's like my grandmother said in her 70's, having never seen them before, when the first of the films was on TV; "Hell, this is just a done-up Old West story!" Simple universal themes anybody can get and enjoy. Recover this and the find box-office success they will.

Thanks

Ryan... there are some things you don't do at work, one of them is hunt for pictures of hot chicks to repost on a web site. LOL

So my apologies for not posting one later. hahaha
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Well, in fairness to you I couldn't find a suitable pic of Ms. Ryan from that scene in that episode already online so I had to get it from a screen cap.

There are plenty of other pics of her out there but, I was trying to decide if I should use that or one from the series of episodes in season 4 where the Hirogen have captured Voyager, turned it into a big holodeck playground, and Seven is cast as a singer in occupied Nazi France. She was quite exceptional looking in those episodes and the one above.

Thanks

Harrison Ford injures ankle on set of 'Star Wars'

Associated Press

Facebook0 Twitter0

Harrison Ford was hospitalized after being injured on the set of "Star Wars: Episode VII."

Disney said the 71-year-old actor was being treated for an ankle injury that happened during filming Thursday. The "Star Wars" sequel is being filmed at Pinewood Studios outside of London.

The accident wasn't a stunt sequence, but involved the door of a spacecraft from the film. A local police report on the incident cited a "garage door" injuring a 71 year-old man, but didn't name Ford.

The Millennium Falcon, which Ford's Han Solo piloted in the first "Star Wars" trilogy," was recently disclosed as part of "Episode VII."

Ford is one of several original "Star Wars" stars returning to the J.J. Abrams-directed sequel. He's joined by fellow alums Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Peter Mayhew.
    Disney said shooting will continue as planned while Ford recuperates.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Harrison Ford injured on 'Star Wars: Episode VII' set, airlifted to hospital

The 71-year-old actor, who is reprising his Han Solo character, hurt his ankle on set Thursday and is 'receiving care' at a local hospital.

BY Zayda Rivera , Ethan Sacks
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 3:52 PM
    Updated: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 10:36 PM

Greg Brennan Actor Harrison Ford, pictured in London Wednesday night, is recovering from an ankle injury he suffered during shooting of the latest ‘Star Wars’ film.

The Force was with Harrison Ford — and then it was on him hard Thursday when part of a spaceship fell on his ankle during filming of the latest “Star Wars” movie in a country far, far away.

The 71-year-old actor, who is reprising his role as the dashing and daring Han Solo in “Star Wars: Episode VII,” was injured in the U.K. when a hydraulic door, reportedly from the character’s iconic Millennium Falcon spaceship, fell on him, a source told the Hollywood Reporter.

He was airlifted to a nearby hospital following the accident on a soundstage of the famed Pinewood Studios, outside of London.

“Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today,” a spokesperson for Disney said in a statement.

“He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care.”
    Greg Brennan Harrison Ford strolls the streets of London with 'Star Wars: Episode VII' director J.J. Abrams and co-star Oscar Isaac.

On-set medics first treated Ford at the scene.

Thames Valley police confirmed to BBC News that a man who is 71 was injured at Pinewood Studios and was airlifted to Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital “with injuries which are not believed to be life-threatening."

Though Disney announced filming would continue as the beloved Ford recuperates, it’s a setback for what is shaping up as one of the most highly anticipated films of all time.

Director J.J. Abrams’ “Episode VII,” the first installment of a brand-new “Star Wars” trilogy, is set 30 years after the events of “Return of The Jedi.”

Star Wars Episode VII Cast Includes Harrison Ford, Original Cast

J.J. Abrams has released the cast of Star Wars Episode VII, which includes the original cast with Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill.

In addition to Ford, the film brings back original trilogy vets Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker.

Joining them are a constellation of new stars, including Academy Award winner Lupita Nyong’o, “Girls” actor Adam Driver, “Lord of the Rings” star Andy Serkis and noted Swedish actor Max von Sydow.

Disney bought the rights to the “Star Wars” franchise from creator George Lucas in 2012 for $4.05 billion in cash and stock and is also planning standalone movies.

“Episode VII” hits theaters on Dec. 18, 2015, and many industry insiders expect it to challenge “Avatar” as the highest-grossing film of all time.

Original ‘Star Wars’ stars — from left, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Peter Mayhew and Carrie Fisher — are joining Hollywood newcomers in J.J. Abrams’ installment.

Previous Next

Enlarge
    AP
    A rep for Ford did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Ford, who was in his early 30s when he filmed the first “Star Wars” movie, hasn’t slowed down in recent years. He wrapped a tour of duty on “Expendables 3” alongside Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger before starting on “Star Wars: Episode VII.”

The actor, who also starred in the “Indiana Jones” movies and “The Fugitive,” was asked by the Daily News last year if he had achieved everything he wanted to after 35 years in show business.

“Not yet,” Ford responded. “But I’m working on it.”
    With Joe Neumaier
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Official Teaser Trailer #1 (2015) - J.J. Abrams Movie HD
    MOVIECLIPS Trailers

Published on Nov 28, 2014
    Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6h
    Subscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUn
    Like us on FACEBOOK: http://goo.gl/dHs73

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Special Extended Fan Trailer

Romeo Lux

Published on Feb 1, 2015

Yes! Since we didn't get a Super Bowl Trailer, We'll keep the spirit alive and give you a new fan-made trailer! tried to keep the feel and did throw in obvious story line edits. Enjoy, comment, like, dislike, share, it's all good! all welcome!

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

Star Wars

Published on Apr 16, 2015
    Get your first look at the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser #2!

Lucasfilm and visionary director J.J. Abrams join forces to take you back again to a galaxy far, far away as “Star Wars” returns to the big screen with “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”

Episode VII in the Star Wars Saga, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, opens in theaters December 18, 2015.

Official Site: http://www.starwars.com/theforceawakens

Subscribe to Star Wars on YouTube for more videos: http://www.youtube.com/starwars
    Like Star Wars on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StarWars
    Follow @StarWars on Twitter: https://twitter.com/starwars
    Follow @StarWars on Instagram: http://instagram.com/starwars
    Follow Star Wars on Tumblr: http://starwars.tumblr.com/

Star Wars: The Force Awakens, directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan & Abrams, features a cast including actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Academy Award winner Lupita Nyong’o, Gwendoline Christie, Crystal Clarke, Pip Andersen, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow. They will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker.

The film is being produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk, and John Williams returns as the composer.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Beat me.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Man, I almost shed a tear when Han Solo showed up in that last trailer. JJ is going to turn Lucas's turds into real movies. I would not have gone to the movies to see another Lucas film. This one...I'm all in.

Ep 1 is pure shit
    Ep 2 is pure shit with some slight entertainment value
    Ep 3 is watchable, once.
    Ep 4 is awesome
    Ep 5 more awesome
    Ep 6 The only reason it isn't pure shit is simply momentum. I want to see a bunch of Ewoks burning on a large pile, then I might forgive him for such a pitiful ending.
    Last edited by Malsua; April 16th, 2015 at 23:19.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

11 Images From The New 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer That Floated Through Our Dreams Last Night

The Huffington Post | By Matthew Jacobs

Posted: Updated:

When the last "Star Wars" trilogy debuted its first trailer, people bought tickets to movies like "Meet Joe Black" and "The Waterboy" simply to see the "Phantom Menace" promo. This time, people watched a live-stream of a convention that looked remarkably similar to one of the Scientology gatherings showcased in "Going Clear." In truth, though, we can get behind a bit of intense "Star Wars" fandom -- we'll be lining up for "The Force Awakens" with the best of 'em come Dec. 18, especially after its second teaser-trailer debuted at Thursday's "Star Wars" Celebration event in Anaheim, California. We went to bed dreaming of the remarkable images in J.J. Abrams' latest clip, which seems to emphasize the non-CGI effects the director has been boasting and generally gives even a casual "Star Wars" supporter a case of nerd goosebumps. Here are 11 screenshots from the trailer that floated through our sleep last night:
    11. BB-8 playing hide-and-seek.

10. See, we don't even have to wait that long.

9. One time, a "Star Wars" villain tried to extend a hand after chopping off Luke Skywalker's with his lightsaber. He did not receive any affection in return. In other words, hello there, Sith lord.

8. John Boyega's Finn is already the coolest character in this movie. Whenever he's not decked out in his suit, he has all kinds of chill with his street clothes. (And look at little BB-8 scurrying for his -- or her -- life!)

7. THIS GUY.

6. Whose arm is that? It could be Luke's, but something about this looks worrisome. Did R2-D2 turn to the dark side?

5. Stormtroopers aplenty. "The Force Awakens" is a total dystopia flick.

4. Meet the new Boba Fett? Vulture has a very interesting spoiler about this menacing figure.

3. This Star Destroyer does not have it together, and neither does that thing that appears to be an X-Wing. And apparently this isn't even Tatooine!

2. We'll take any Darth Vader spottings we can get. But wait. Could he be alive?

1. "Chewie, we're home." Us too, Han. Us too.

Watch the full teaser:

Star Wars the Force Awakens Star Wars New Star Wars Trailer The Force Awakens Trailer Star Wars the Force Awakens Images Star Wars the Force Awakens Photos Star Wars the Force Awakens Screenshots J.J. Abrams Star Wars Celebration
    Last edited by American Patriot; April 17th, 2015 at 13:47.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information