"The 100"
    "Arrow"
    "Beauty and the Beast"
    "The Originals"
    "Reign"
    "Hart of Dixie"
    "The Vampire Diaries"
    "Supernatural"

Fox strikes again... Really ticked about them cancelling Almost Human. Well written and well cast. When will the lesson be learned, keep SciFi away from the idiots running Fox!

Also really disappointed to see Fox cancelling Enlisted. It took a couple episodes but it was finally starting to hit its stride. Not surprised to see Revolution on the NBC cancelled list though it was just starting to get decent this season.

Don't really give a crap about the others on the cancelled list.

I am glad to see The Blacklist, Hannibal, The Following, Castle, Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., Blue Bloods (really thought that was getting cancelled since it is in the Friday night slot), Elementary (expected to see this cancelled since it isn't mindless pap), Hawaii Five-0 (thought this might get cancelled for the same reason as Blue Bloods), NCIS, and Person of Interest (expected this to get cancelled because it's good TV and looks a little expensive to make) all got renewed.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Cancelled and Renewed TV Shows - 2014

Seems odd but delightful that I recognize very few shows on any channels list. I have succeeded in being off the TV loop long enough, it is foreign to me. YAY!

Thanks

I heard they cancelled Firefly too.....

/chuckles
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I'm glad a couple of those got canceled.

We tried watching a few of them...

Crisis - one trick pony
    Believe - Same plot every episode

Revolution??? I thought that might make it. I checked out at episode 5, season 1. I was thinking of re-watching it.

Micheal J fox show was unwatchable.

X factor..good riddance.

Almost human...bummer.

The renewed shows are mostly a mix of cheap and or reality shows.

I guess that's why the best content is on HBO, Showtime and Netflix.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

What's television?

Seriously, turn that shit off for a couple of months and find something else to do. Promise, you won't go back to it. Or care if you don't. And if you start watching something (like I did, Big Bang Theory) and miss a few shows, you still won't care much and still won't go back!
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

If you won't listen to me about TV, listen to Time Magazine. LOL

Here’s Exactly Why Watching TV Has Gotten So Annoying

Bang & Olufsen
    A quarter of programming is now commercials

Your favorite shows are getting crammed with more and more commercials. New data from Nielsen show that the number of ads per hour of TV programming is at an all-time high.
    Commercials comprised 14 minutes and 15 seconds of each hour of TV on broadcast networks in 2013, up from 13 minutes and 25 seconds in 2009, according to Nielsen’s annual Advertising and Audiences report. On cable, commercials are even more frequent, totalling 15 minutes and 38 seconds of each hour. Commercials on cable took 14 minutes and 27 seconds of each hour in 2009.
    More ads have predictably led to more money for the TV industry. Total ad spending in 2013 reached $78 billion, up from $64 billion in 2009. However, the rate of growth is slowing, and individual commercials have become less valuable as the TV-watching audience has gotten more fragmented. The average 30-second primetime commercial cost $7,800 in 2013, down from $8,900 in 2009.
    Shorter commercials are also becoming more common, according to Nielsen. In 2009, 35 percent of TV ads were 15-second units. By 2013 the number had climbed to 44 percent as 30-second ads declined in popularity. Today even ads as short as six seconds are being broadcast by experimental marketers.
    Nielsen’s study also revealed that Thursday night “Must-See TV” is pretty much dead. 112 million people watch primetime TV on Thursdays. Only Friday and Saturday are less popular days for TV. Sunday, thanks to the popularity of NFL football and hit dramas like AMC’s The Walking Dead, is now TV’s biggest night, with 125 million people tuning in on average.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I don't watch much TV really. It's why I'm very carefully trying to find a show that I enjoy.

For example, last week I watched the latest Game of Thrones, a Big Bang, A Cosmos and a Person of Interest.

The rest of the time I was doing other important things like leveling up my character in Elder Scrolls online.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    The renewed shows are mostly a mix of cheap and or reality shows.

I guess that's why the best content is on HBO, Showtime and Netflix.
    You hit the nail on the head. Cheap to produce fiction or equally cheap to produce "reality" TV are the bulk of network TV.

The quality programming like GoT, Strike Back, SoA, Walking Dead, (and formerly Breaking Bad, The Wire, and Deadwood) etc. are on cable but then we get limited to 13 or fewer episodes.

Frankly I'm surprised Person of Interest has made it as long as it has with the fairly high production quality. I'm also betting that the upcoming Fox series Gang Related, which I'm looking forward to, will be short lived due to production costs.

It seems that the days of complete 20+ episode seasons of high production quality shows on network television, like Star Trek, are at an end.

Admittedly I watch a fair bit of TV because I am a sucker for a good story but I'm almost always doing something like reading news online while I'm watching it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post

The rest of the time I was doing other important things like leveling up my character in Elder Scrolls online.
    Well, yeah! Of COURSE!

LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Enlisted Creator Fights For Canceled Comedy To Find A New Home

May 30, 2014

One of the many network casualties this month was the freshman Fox comedy Enlisted, about three brothers stationed at fictional Fort McGee in Florida. Though the ratings were never strong, that’s mostly because Fox never gave the show a chance, handing it a deathly Friday time slot and airing episodes horrendously out of order (Gee, that sounds vaguely familiar. Almost like those idiots at Fox have done that before...). The network will be burning off the four final episodes of Enlisted in the coming weeks, but creator Kevin Biegel is still fighting to find the series a better home.

In an email, Biegel wrote about his desire to get Enlisted picked up by another network. The studio behind the show, Fox 21, is currently shopping it to other potential distributors, and though it’s a very long shot for the show to be picked up, given how little fanfare it debuted to, here’s hoping that Biegel’s message succeeds in doing something. After all, Enlisted deserves more of a chance than Fox gave it.

Check out the email below and let us know if you want to see more of this show.
    Hello everyone whose email was ever in my inbox!

I’ll keep it short:

New episodes of Enlisted start this Sunday, June 1 at 7/6c on Fox.

There are 4 new episodes, and they will be on every Sunday in June with the finale airing on June 22.

These are the best four episodes we did. The episode airing June 1, our first one back, is one of our funniest, and the finale is one of the best pieces of TV I’ve ever been lucky enough to be a part of. Even more than that South Park episode with the mouse with the penis on its back, although that one was pretty good.

If we get even the slightest rating bump, it can help us live. This may seem like a fool’s errand, but even a little bit of hope is still hope. I love this show and believe in this show too much to give up.

If you can, spread the word about the show coming back. Forward this email to your friends, ask them to do the same. If anyone knows or knows of a Nielsen family, beg them to watch. Beg, really? That’s strong. How about ask?

I do hate asking favors, but I fear no one will know Enlisted is coming back on the air for the final 4. If we can get even a slightly decent rating we can show a new home that this show has a real fan base.

Thank you so much for any help you can offer,
    Kevin

Thread Information