I've seen many things being declared "not good for you" and many things declared "good for you" over the past few years.

Most recently - after having been taking the stuff for a long time, Glucosamine was declared "useless".

Today, I read "Resveratrol in red wine, chocolate not tied to better health" - what gives?

Think about it a minute. Over the years you've heard that eggs are BAD for you, then later, eggs are GOOD for you. Sugar is bad, coffee is bad, sugar is good, Coffee is good".

Who the hell makes this crap up anyway?

I personally take a combo of glucosamine, msm, chondroitin for my joints, in particular my knees, shoulders and hips - all the big joints in my body. I weight 175 lbs normally - usually ranging between 172-179 over the course of a year. If I take NOTHING at all I have joint pain in the large joints. If I take this stuff, I have no pain. In fact, I've been regularly taking it for about two solid months, every day. Before that, I took NOTHING - except an occasional ibuprofen (and my normal BP meds).

Funny, how when I didn't take it I was in pain constantly.

I went back to taking it and... viola, two months later I have zero pain in my joints. So - who the hell are the people that the media reports on about "this stuff isn't good for you"?

I don't believe it any more.

My old Doctor, Doctor Donahue (who died a few years ago from brain cancer) told me to try the glucosamine because it should work for me. I did, and it it did. I thanked him and haven't looked back. As a runner for most of my life until I moved to Colorado I always had knee and hip issues. As a bicyclist it really messed up my hips. Now I can walk and even run again, ride again without any problems.

So - I am very, very skeptical of these stupid reports that come out all the time now.

Is there something bigger here? Is there some group that is reporting these things don't work because they really DO work????????