Thread: Jay the Clown Carney

Thanks

Default Jay the Clown Carney

Stepping down.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Jay the Clown Carney

White House Press Secretary Resigns

By MICHAEL D. SHEAR

Photo

Jay Carney, who stepped down as White House press secretary on Friday. Credit Doug Mills/The New York Times

This article and others like it are part of our new subscription.

WASHINGTON — Jay Carney, the White House press secretary, is leaving his post as the public face of the administration, stepping down after shifting from two decades of reporting to politics at the highest levels, President Obama said on Friday.

Mr. Obama, who announced Mr. Carney’s departure, said Mr. Carney would be replaced by the deputy press secretary, Josh Earnest.

Mr. Obama called Mr. Earnest a person of “sound judgment and great temperament.”

Mr. Carney, who fielded questions from the press moments after Mr. Obama left the podium, said the timing of his departure was uncertain.

“I haven’t made any decisions yet,” Mr. Carney said. “I’m excited by some of the possibilities. I’m sure you guys will be among the first to know after I’ve decided what to do.”

“It’s been an amazing experience. Just so fulfilling,” Mr. Carney said.

Despite coming from the White House press corps himself, Mr. Carney developed a sometimes contentious relationship with the news media, who often pressed Mr. Carney to say more than he was willing to about the president’s policies and decision-making.

Mr. Earnest, who has worked for Mr. Obama since the 2008 campaign, was the obvious choice to replace Mr. Carney. He has stood in for Mr. Carney at times in the briefing room, and Mr. Carney said Mr. Earnest would go to Europe with the president next week.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Jay the Clown Carney

Thread Information