Talk about a class act! A number in Hollywood could take a lesson from her.

Actress Amy Adams Gives Up First Class Seat For Soldier

June 27, 2014

Ever-gracious actress Amy Adams traded her first class seat on an early-morning flight from Detroit to Los Angeles with a soldier who had been booked in coach on Friday, after noticing the American serviceman in uniform at the gate.

The American Hustle star said the generous move was something she had always wanted to do, and decided it was time to make it happen.

She quietly arranged the swap on the Delta airlines flight with a flight attendant and then told the soldier.

'I didn't do it for attention for myself,' the 39-year-old told Inside Edition after landing in LA.

'I did it for attention for the troops.'

The five-time Academy Award nominee has often spoke glowingly of her father's time in the military.

She was born on a U.S. military base in Italy and grew up on a base on Colorado.

Many passengers noticed what Adams did and watched her scurry to her new seat in coach.

The flight, DL1706, landed at LAX at 10.30am Friday.

ESPN personality Jemele Hill was on the flight and witnessed what happened.

'When we were waiting to board, I saw her glance the soldier's way and then she said something to the person she was traveling with," Hill told Today.

'Once we boarded, I saw she was in first class.

'I was upgraded to first class and she was a couple rows behind me.

'I think she must have said something to the flight attendant, because before we took off she had vacated her seat and the flight attendant brought the soldier to her seat.

'I just thought it was incredibly classy and thoughtful.

'I already was a fan of hers, but now I'm a bigger one after today.'

Adams was then seated nest to Huffington Post journalist Ernest Owens, who Tweeted a selfie with her.

Adams was in Motor City filming Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice.

The movie is a sequel to last year's blockbuster Man Of Steel, in which she played Lois Lane.

Adams will reprise her role alongside Henry Cavill as Superman and Ben Affleck as Batman.

The movie will also feature Wonder Woman, to be played by Fast & Furious actress Gal Godot.

The Zack Snyder-directed film is being shot at Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac and other nearby locations all summer.

It is slated for a May 2016 release.

Adams has featured in several blockbuster films over the last few years, including 2013's American Hustle, for which she was nominated for an Oscar.

Other nominations came from roles in Doubt, The Fighter, Junebug and The Master.

Adams and her partner, artist Darren Le Gallo, have a four-year-old daughter together named Aviana.

'Not the best picture of me': Young girl who sat in coach with Amy Adams posted this picture to Instagram saying it is her 'claim to fame'

First class all the way: Amy Adams pictured with Ernest Owens, her seatmate in coach after she gave her first class ticket to a soldier on the same flight

And purely for informational purposes, here's a couple non-candid picture of her: