Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mad Max is back!

Thanks

Default Mad Max is back!

Charlize Theron, Tom Hardy to Lead Cast of ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’

(Photo : cdn.indiewire.com)

After almost 30 years since the last sequel in the movie franchise was released on theatres, Warner Bros. revives it through the release of 'Mad Max: Fury Road' starring A-list actress Charlize Theron and actor Tom Hardy.

With the announcement of the movie to the public, they have also unveiled a new promotional poster which shows 'Mad' Max standing in the middle of the desert with his V8 Interceptor parked behind him as he gazes into the distance.

Along with that, they've also released high-resolution teaser photos for the much anticipated film, showing that of the characters that would be played by Charlize Theron, Tom Hardy and Nicholas Hoult.

The movie revolves around a futuristic post-apocalyptic era where 'Mad' Max Rockantansky is the hero. Another important character in the plot is the strong-willed woman Imperator Furiosa. Together, these two characters would restore order in the chaotic world they exist in. This story was created by director George Miller.

The character of Mad Max would be played by Tom Hardy, replacing Mel Gibson. The 36-year old actor was said to have the ability to give justice to the character and the confidence to act in place of the actor that formerly played the role.

Charlize Theron, on the other hand, will play the character of Furiosa, a commander who has one mechanical arm. 'The Italian Job' actress, 38 and currently dating Sean Penn, made the most impact due to her transformation for the role which made her almost unrecognizable.

The actress sported a buzz-cut hairdo with dirt smeared all over her face. In the photos released, she also showed a very serious expression on her face that was fitting to her character.

The duo spent seven months filming in a desert in Namibia, a very daunting task for both A-list stars with the harsh and very different environment.
    Rumors that the two stars didn't get along during the filming were denied by Charlize Theron. The actress said, "For me personally, it was an exhausting movie to make, but there was never anything personal between Tom and me. I wouldn't have wanted to make this movie with anybody else."

Kennedy Miller Productions and Village Roadshow co-produced the movie together with Warner Bros. and is expected to his theatres May of 2015 in the US and the UK.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Mad Max is back!

Good to see progress!

Fury Road has been in the work for years and years.

Thanks

Without the Humungous, it's not going to have the necessary schlock.

If they just reprise the same story, it's not going to be fun. What made Mad Max such a great film was its originality.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post

If they just reprise the same story, it's not going to be fun. What made Mad Max such a great film was its originality.
    Well, given that the original three were called "Mad Max", "The Road Warrior" and "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" I suspect - at least a little - that this might be a new story line rather than reprise.

Then again, I don't remember the whole premise behind each of the movies (I know there was a cursory plotline, like water, fuel, and control thereof) kinda....

lol
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post

Originality is largely what Hollywood is out of today and why they keep having to go back to the successful films of the '80s and '90s.

Have you seen what's in the pipeline?

Beverly Hills Cop 4, a Tremors reboot, a Scarface reboot, an Escape From New York remake, another Jurassic Park movie, a third Ghostbusters, another Terminator, a third Bad Boys...

The list goes on and on. Don't get me wrong, sequels for some of these could be nice to have but why do we need to keep remaking classics like Red Dawn, Robocop, Scarface, or Escape From New York? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the new Red Dawn and Robocop but at the same time it would be nice to have fresh creativity.

Thanks

Something new....

I'm going to go see Planet of the Apes I hope this week, and eventually Hercules.
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

As a long time Mad Max fan, this looks like it might be worth seeing in theaters. Maybe 3D even...

Thanks

I'm tempted to see it in 3d or Imax or Imax 3d. I tend to do 2 movies a year in the best theater around. The last one I saw was Guardian's of the Galaxy which was very enjoyable.

The next movie will be the Hobbit. I'll probably watch that the Saturday after Christmas.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I just watched Guardians the other night. Good flick and Zoe Saldana is smokin' hot, even (maybe moreso! ) green.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    I just watched Guardians the other night. Good flick and Zoe Saldana is smokin' hot, even (maybe moreso! ) green.
    Better green

I saw some vids of her not made up and all I gotta say is ugh. Hot green...natural, not so much.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Speaking of Guardians...

Thanks

/hahahaha
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot to update!

I went and saw MMFR on Friday, opening night. Could have seen it Thursday on early release but wasn't able to make it due to other peoples' schedules.

Exceeded my expectations beyond belief! It certainly did the franchise proud and was a great return after a 30 year absence. Previously RW was my favorite of the series but FR has replaced it as #1.

Word is Tom Hardy, who played Max, is signed on for 3 additional films.

I won't spill any details on the movie but I'll offer up a little insight.

Some people have speculated when this movie takes place. I'm of the opinion this movie takes place between RW and TD. Some details about Max's outfit and the Interceptor that make me think that.

Also, some people have claimed some sort of feminist angle to the movie. Nope. More of a confirmation bias of feminists looking to attribute something that doesn't exist to it and make themselves relevant. There's a strong female role in Furiosa (Charlize Theron) but then all the MM movies have had a strong female role. And if you really pay attention, the women in the movie though they try their best, are always getting their bacon pulled out of the fire by Max. Some people have complained that Max has very few actual lines in the movie. Well, if you've been wandering the wastes by yourself with not even a dog to keep you company, you could go without talking for so long it might be a little strange when you do encounter people again.

This is just a wall to wall action movie with very few contrived scenes and minimal plot. George Miller melded it well with the other movies. Lots of throwbacks to the other movies as well.

Additionally, MMFR is the only movie I've ever paid to see more than once in theaters not only because it was so good and I had an opportunity to see it again but, also because on Friday I saw it in standard high def but last night I saw it in 4k 3D with a friend. All I can say is, "Wow." Simply an awesome experience in 4k 3D! The 3D isn't contrived with the exception of one scene. The 4k resolution adds a level of detail that makes it as good watching it on a big theater screen as if you were watching it at home. Combined the 4k and 3D are just made for these grand landscapes and huge action scenes. If you've never seen a modern 3D movie, which I hadn't, MMFR is a great way to start. I think I would have liked to have seen Dredd in 3D considering how good that is as well. If you haven't seen MMFR at all, just go see it in 3D.

Overall just a great cinematic experience!

Thanks

Thanks for the the review Ryan!!!

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

I would really like to see it but I'm going to see Avengers this weekend.

I may have to just sneak out one night and watch it.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Yeah, both the Avengers and MMFR are good!

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

I wanna go see them both. I don't know if I will make it for awhile. I have to stay out of crowds for a few more weeks, though I blew that today going to Rock Bottom. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Stay out of crowds?

Whyfor?

Thanks

risk of infection, pneumonia, some of my wounds are still still "open", my leg in particular.

I'm no longer on antibiotics now/
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information