Thread: IED Found (and detonated) On Doorstep Of Fruit Cove, FLA Home

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default IED Found (and detonated) On Doorstep Of Fruit Cove, FLA Home

I was alerted of this incident by North East Intelligence Network (NEIN).

Please note Sgt.Mulligan's 'sheeple oriented' statement.
    Sheesh...

NEIN
    Florida Family Receives Improvised Explosive Device

By Douglas J. Hagmann, Director
    director@homelandsecurityus.com

27 May 2006: At approximately 12:30 PM Friday, the residents of an upscale West Pleasant Place home in Fruit Cove, Florida noticed a package that had been placed on the porch near the front door of their residence. The package looked harmless enough, or at least did not cause any initial anxiety by its appearance, although it was obvious that it did not arrive by mail based on its unusual wrapping. As family members checked with each other, it became clear that no one was expecting a package. Concern grew upon closer inspection of the package, and the St. John’s County Sheriff’s office was contacted and quickly responded.

In an interview today with Doug Hagmann, editor of the HQ INTEL-ALERT Private Intelligence Report and the director of the Northeast Intelligence Network, Sergeant Chuck Mulligan of the St. John’s County Sheriffs Department said that after the initial assessment of the package was made, the neighboring homes were evacuated and the bomb unit was dispatched to the scene. Using robotic means and a low density charge to remove the outer layer of the package, it was ultimately identified as an improvised explosive device, or an IED. The IED was actually composed of two cylinders or parts of the device; the bomb unit then used a higher density charge to neutralize the IED contents.

It was confirmed that part of the package contained a scene of the New York City skyline, although according to Sergeant Mulligan, there is no indication that “this was an act of terrorism by definition, and as one would expect terrorism to be today.”

When questioned about a possible motive, including the ethnicity of intended recipients of the package, Sergeant Mulligan stated that he would not discuss a possible motive due to the status of their investigation. He stated, however, that the ethnic origin of the residents did not appear to be a factor. “They were not Muslim or Arabic,” stated Sergeant Mulligan. Our investigation is continuing.

First Coast News

Suspicious Package is Explosive

Video

By First Coast News Staff

FRUIT COVE, FL -- Neighbors have been allowed to return home after a bomb was found on a front doorstep.

10 Families were asked to evacuate their homes when a suspicious package was reported at a home on West Pleasant Place in Fruit Cove.

The Bomb Squad removed a layer of the package and found what they thought was a real explosive inside. They detonated the package and it did explode.

The packaging included a picture of the New York City skyline.

Investigators spent the night combing nearby yards for every piece of the bomb material. They are looking for the person made the explosive and put it on the doorstep.

If you saw anything suspicious in the area you can remain anonymous by calling our partner, First Coast Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS. You Could be eligible for a reward.

Thanks

Default Re: IED Found (and detonated) On Doorstep Of Fruit Cove, FLA Home

Any updates on this? I'm not finding much in the media or on the net about this. Did it turn out to be too mundane for the media to waste their time on?
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

I just checked - no updates I could find.

Checked the demographics at Wikipedia - seems like an average place.

I'll keep a look out as best I can.

Banned
    Thanks

I am awaiting an update from Florida. I'll pass it along.

Thanks

Thanks guys. Hopefully we can bring this story completely into the light and find out what happened and why.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information