Thread: I Am Now *Officially* Disgusted

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default I Am Now *Officially* Disgusted

Friday evening, I stopped by the drive thru at Bill Miller's to get a bucket of tea.

For those not familiar with Bill Miller's, it is a BBQ chain here in Texas. I'd rate the food as "Not too awful bad." Good enough for this commercial electrician to eat lunch there and the occasional dinner. They have the greatest iced tea, and sell it by the gallon; that's what I was there for.

There are quite a few folks in line at the drive through, so I wait my turn, place my order, then drive toward the pick-up window.

There are 4 vehicles ahead of me waiting. Directly ahead of me is a light brown Explorer. He turns on the stereo.

And it's the classic sneaker-in- the-dryer music. I swear to God I could see the back window in his vehicle moving.

But that's not the problem. The problem was the lyrics.

Sweet Mother of God I've never heard such language. Really.

I was in the mil, and now work construction. I'm pretty familiar with a few words, including The George Carlin 7 - and unfortunately I've been known to use them.

But the lyrics blasting from that Explorer would make the toughest sailor blush. I can imagine no locale where that language would be appropriate. None.

Specifically, the language was sexually degrading to the human female species. Absolutely disgusting.

This guy looked to be late 20's or so. WTH is wrong with people these days? Did their parents forget to teach them manners? This again confirms my thoughts that our society is headed down the drain.

Thanks

Default Re: I Am Now *Officially* Disgusted

Specifically, the language was sexually degrading to the human female species. Absolutely disgusting.
    Yes! Thank you Backstop. I know there are other men who must think this but alas, in something like 10 years of hearing that vile offensive crap noise, not music, you are the only man I've ever heard say so. And if some guy ever turns that crap on around me or my daughters, they can hit the road running and NEVER ever come back our way again!

Thanks

I don't allow that garbage in my house. Luckily right now my children prefer the old rock from the 60's, 70's and early 80's like myself. But once they get older and start choosing music for themselves, rap will be forbidden. Whether in the house or in the car or on their person. I can't stand the overall ugliness of that music style.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

Backstop,

I'm right there with you.

Romans 1: 28-32 says it all.

Thanks

I don't allow such language and lyrics in my neighborhood. I've been known to tell folks to tone it down. They call me NAZI in my neighborhood too sometimes.

Usually though, all I have to do is point out that we have a noise ordinace in the city and they can certainly play it as loud as they like, but when it gets really offensive, a phone call to local constabulary usually straightens them out quickly. The cops do not like such language either.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information