Thread: Ride in support of the illegal immigration crisis.

Thanks

Default Ride in support of the illegal immigration crisis.

The 21st Century Paul Revere Ride of 2006
    Today is Friday, June 9, 2006.
    The riders are scheduled to be in Salem, Oregon.

The 21st Century Paul Revere Ride of 2006 is a summer-long cross-country motorcycle ride that will visit all state capitols to inform the public and their elected public servants of the severity of the illegal immigration crisis. The ride began in Denver and will terminate in Washington, DC.

The ride is underway! Riders left Denver on May 29, 2006, after a successful rally. See photos of the team, their motorcycles and the rally.

“The 21st Century Paul Revere Ride has my whole-hearted support because it embodies the spirit of patriotism that brought America its independence in 1776. America’s sovereignty is threatened in 2006 not by British redcoats but by the elimination of our borders. It remains true today as in the past: vigilant citizens are our first line of defense. I applaud and salute the 21st Century Paul Revere Ride because its message needs to be heard all across the county, but especially it needs to be heard at the final destination of the ride, our nation’s capital. I wish I could join these patriots on their 48-state ride -- it would be more fun than my normal duties – but my prayers and best wishes go with them, for their safety and for their success.”

-- Rep. Tom Tancredo

HOSPITALITY: If you would like to ride for a day or a state, meet the Paul Revere Riders and offer a cold one, offer your place as hospitality for an evening, contact us. We especially need a place to overnight near your state capital.

Print our flyer and distribute to motorcycle clubs, motorcycle shops, etc.

Tell your friends about the 21st Century Paul Revere Ride. Organize a rally when the ride comes through your city. See our route and schedule. Here are instructions on how to organize a rally. It's easy!

(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the flyer. You can download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader).

We are working in conjunction with NumbersUSA.com to inform the public and our elected public servants about the mass immigration crisis in America. We recommend you go to NumbersUSA.com and sign up to send free faxes to your elected officials.

www.21stcenturypaulrevereride.us/index.html

Thanks

Default Re: Ride in support of the illegal immigration crisis.

Here is an up-date, this will get then attention in DC. Now if we can get the truckers io do the same that would be a big move forward.

LOS GATOS
    Bikers on road in anti-immigration run
    They liken their nationwide trip to Paul Revere's ride

First were the Minutemen, self-appointed citizens who took up arms and binoculars last year to patrol for illegal immigrants.
    Now come the Paul Revere Riders, five motorcyclists cruising from one state capital to the next "to warn Americans of this destructive invasion of lawless foreigners."
    "One if by land, two if by sea, three if from Mexico," declares their Web site -- comparing illegal migrants from Mexico to British redcoats of two centuries ago.
    "The idea is to get enough people enough excited about their country to take action," said leader Frosty Wooldridge when the group arrived in Los Gatos Tuesday evening. "Paul Revere in April of 1775 was the great communicator. He rode and spread the word and actually beat the British. We're trying to spread the word through our neighbors and through the Internet.
    "We've seen people march for anarchy, march for Mexico, march for illegality," said Wooldridge, who hopes legal immigration will be reduced dramatically and illegal entries stopped altogether. "It's time we as Americans stand up."
    Meeting the riders in a quiet park were about 20 South Bay residents, led by "Flag Lady" Roberta Allen, whose shirt, hat, rings, earrings, nail polish and even contact lenses were emblazoned with American flags.
    An optician, she recently began staging small protests against illegal immigrants along busy boulevards in San Jose, Santa Clara and Fremont.
    Her compatriots in Los Gatos Tuesday, many of them carrying flags, chatted pleasantly as they waited for the riders. Several said they were most upset by illegal immigrants who don't assimilate into American culture.
    "I think it's great, the Paul Revere ride," said Nancy de la Cruz, 61, of San Jose. "Most of my friends feel very strongly that closing the borders should have been done a long time ago."
    "I like all races of people," said Cheryl, 64, a Saratoga resident since she was 13 and a retired children's clothing designer, who didn't want to give her last name because being public about her views made her uncomfortable. "But there used to be a saying, 'When in Rome do as the Romans do.' It doesn't feel like America anymore."
    Wooldridge exhorted the crowd to build a movement and "save America."
    The 48-state ride, including stops this week in Sacramento and in Nevada's capital, Carson City, is the latest effort by immigration restrictionists to attract publicity to the country's porous borders. Rep. Tom Tancredo, a Colorado Republican and staunch supporter of a restrictive immigration bill the House of Representatives passed in December, rode out of Denver with the group on his own motorcycle.
    The five riders, two women and three men, are from Colorado, Texas, Pennsylvania, Florida and South Carolina.
    Last month the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps rolled out a bulldozer on a private ranch that abuts the Mexico border in Arizona and began building its own steel-and-razor-wire fence, saying the U.S. government has neglected its duty to secure the border.

The Paul Revere Riders are greeted by supporters at Vasona Lake County Park in Los Gatos, the latest stop on their nationwide ride. Chronicle photo by Darryl Bush

Frosty Wooldridge (left), leader of the motorcyclists, sells T-shirts to Jerry and Roz Emery of San Jose. Chronicle photo by Darryl Bush

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...AGP1JDRFP1.DTL

Thread Information