Thread: ‘American Sniper': Intolerance Burns Inside the Left Like a Poison

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default ‘American Sniper': Intolerance Burns Inside the Left Like a Poison

‘American Sniper': Intolerance Burns Inside the Left Like a Poison

by John Nolte

23 Jan 2015

In a Weekly Standard piece titled, “The ‘American Sniper’ Freakout: Why the Left Can’t Tolerate This Movie,” Mark Hemingway does a fine job of breaking down exactly why the Left either hates “American Sniper” or is dishonestly claiming it is a left-wing movie. It’s a thorough, must-read that perfectly lays out the case.

Outside the context of the film itself, there is an additional reason the Left can’t tolerate Eastwood’s masterpiece: every act of apostasy, even one, must be punished.

The Left cannot tolerate dissent. If just one thing sneaks through the institutions the Left is desperate to hold a monopoly on, it is immediately crushed, defamed, mocked, and Frankenstein-villaged until the end of time.

Just try to read this from Vox without seeing the vein throbbing in the author’s forehead:

Faced with a choice between altering its narrative to account for that gray versus altering the facts of history, the film chose the latter. It adopted an “honesty shmonesty” approach to the war: in its retelling, Iraq was a fight of Good Americans against Bad Terrorists, led by Chris Kyle, the Good-est American of them all.

Translation: “Harumph! Harumph! Harumph!”

Here’s Rolling Stone’s troll-king Matt Taibbi:

This is the same Hollywood culture that turned the horror and divisiveness of the Vietnam War era into a movie about a platitude-spewing doofus with leg braces who in the face of terrible moral choices eats chocolates and plays Ping-Pong. The message of Forrest Gump was that if you think about the hard stuff too much, you’ll either get AIDS or lose your legs. Meanwhile, the hero is the idiot who just shrugs and says “Whatever!” whenever his country asks him to do something crazy.

Translation: “It was on a summer morning when I first discovered I was incapable of feeling or expressing joy…”

Exactly 10 years ago, we saw this happen to “The Passion of the Christ.” The attacks from the Left were relentless and dishonest, and they continue to this day.

Like “Sniper,” there was no way for the Left to kill “The Passion’s” box office success. Nevertheless, the defamation campaign rolled on. The idea behind these attacks are meant as warnings to other filmmakers that there will be a heavy price to pay by anyone who dares attempt another act of entertainment apostasy.

This is exactly how the modern-day blacklist in Hollywood works. Even if the film is a hit, if you stray from Hollywood’s Liberal Plantation, you will pay a price. It’s not just film. Look at the dishonest campaign waged (primarily by CNN) against the reality show “Duck Dynasty.”

And it’s not just entertainment. It’s everything. Fox News is but a small ship in a literal ocean of left-leaning news media. Nonetheless, the Left has poured millions into institutions created for the sole purpose of marginalizing and destroying Fox News.

The Left’s hold on America’s higher-education system is extraordinary. Still, Liberty University must be toxified and destroyed.

The Left’s hold on the public school system has been impenetrable for decades. Still, charter schools, home schooling, and proven ideas like school choice that might give poor, inner-city schoolchildren a chance at a future are relentlessly demonized.

The Left also demands a monopoly on the way particular groups of human beings think. Therefore, conservative women, Hispanics, gays, and blacks — apostates all — are regularly subjected to media campaigns of personal destruction that make Joseph McCarthy look like Captain Kangaroo.

The Left is mortified by the very idea of conservative and Christian and patriotic ideas seeping through its cultural grasp. The fact that almost all of what does get through proves itself to be a rousing success, only makes the Left angrier, more bitter, and more determined.

Threatened, insecure and intolerant to their very core, in order to strangle in the crib the prospect of a successful piece of conservative anything being repeated, the Left’s well-trained and financed (often with taxpayer money) Goon Squads never fail to viciously launch a campaign of whack-a-mole.

Although they produced more than two dozen films that claimed the opposite, the Left cannot psychologically handle just ONE Iraq War film that portrays the mission as righteous. Like a poison, their own intolerance is burning away at their insides.

Witnessing this happen over a single film is both revealing and highly entertaining.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Default Re: ‘American Sniper': Intolerance Burns Inside the Left Like a Poison

Good, I hope they die from all that poison. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

That's an exceptionally worded, pointed commentary regarding the lunacy and irrationality of the Left. Preaching to the choir I'm afraid.

Despite this statement of obviousness, I thoroughly appreciate that the movie is doing very well.
    Last edited by MinutemanCO; January 23rd, 2015 at 19:46.

Thanks

It's no question that being a leftist makes you end up ugly. All that hate comes out in your face and there's a lot of ugly liberals.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

All of them are pretty ugly, if you ask me.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Scarlett Jo doesn't require a bag and she's a lib.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

lol

Ok, that's true.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Although after the baby she may be an oinker.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    Although they produced more than two dozen films that claimed the opposite, the Left cannot psychologically handle just ONE Iraq War film that portrays the mission as righteous. Like a poison, their own intolerance is burning away at their insides.
    This is what's really burning them. They've had tons of OEF based movies like Rendition, Green Zone, Syriana, and others, all about the same general subject but with an under-riding anti-American tone. All of which were greatly hyped by the media and made with big names like George Clooney and Matt Damon. All of which were huge busts while American Sniper is breaking box office records it's opening weekend, doing better than the much celebrated record breaking Avatar opening weekend ($105.3 million for American Sniper versus just $77 million for Avatar), and made with admittedly smaller names like Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller and a much smaller advertising budget than Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    All of them are pretty ugly, if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    Scarlett Jo doesn't require a bag and she's a lib.
    Olivia Wilde. She's practically a Commie but absolutely smokin' hot (at least on the outside).

So want to touch the hiney...

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

January 25, 2015
    Bill Mahar calls Chris Kyle a 'psychopath patriot'

By Rick Moran

Here's a clip from HBO's Real Time with Bill Mahar from Friday night where Mahar, trashing the film American Sniper, calls the subject of the film, Chris Kyle, a "psychopath patriot."

Mahar complains that the film has no subtlety or nuance and that Kyle displays an "anti-Christian" attitude when he refers to Iraqi terrorists as "savages."
    NY Daily News:
    On Friday’s episode of ‘Real Time with Bill Maher,” the host criticized the hit Oscar-nominated film, which tells the real-life story of late U.S. soldier Chris Kyle (played by Bradley Cooper), because he wanted the film to portray Kyle with greater complexity.

He said he found the film to be too unsubtle, especially when compared to another war film, 2008 Oscar best picture winner “The Hurt Locker.”

“‘Hurt Locker’ only made $17 million because it was a little ambiguous and thoughtful,” the TV host said. “And ('American Sniper') is just, ‘American hero, he’s a psychopath patriot, and we love him.'”

Maher also read quotes from Kyle’s memoir, which the Clint Eastwood-directed film is based on.

"I hate the damn savages and I've been fighting and I always will,” Maher quoted from the book.

"If you're a Christian — I know this is a Christian country — (to say) 'I hate the damn savages' ... doesn't seem like a Christian thing to say."

“The idea that Americans cannot see any ambiguity, that somebody has to be pure hero or pure traitor, is ridiculous,” he added.

Poor Bret Stephens. He tries to inject a little objective reality into the discussion and is summarily cut off by Mahar. And how about Howard Dean thinking the only people who are going to the film are Tea Party members.

Mahar's anti-religious schtick is getting old. We get it, Bill. You're an atheist. But if you knew anything about Christianity, you'd know that faith is not defined by one's perfect adherence to Christian theology but rather our failures to live up to those principles. Kyle referring to terrorists as "savages" is pretty much a no brainer. And if you can't see the pure good vs. pure evil aspect of the fight against head loppers, child rapists, woman denigrators, and the evil ideology that "justifies" the terror, then you're not paying attention.
    Maybe Mahar can enlighten us about the "nuance" to be found in the fight against Nazis.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz3PqSG5I3R

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

So terrorists who fly planes into buildings are courageous while guys who enjoy killing those terrorists are psychopaths.

Got it.

And Bill Mahar remains #1 on my "People to Punch In The Face" list literally like 10+ years running. Congrats Bill!

Thanks

My younger brother who was in the Marines invited me to join him and a wounded vets group that attended an organized viewing of American Sniper. Just got back home a little bit ago. The theater (excluding the first couple of rows right under the screen) was about 90% full, with more than just the wounded vets group.

I'm not going to go into details so you all can fully experience the movie on your own. All I can say is excellent, excellent, excellent movie. It deserves every dime it makes and more as well as a massive pile of awards. Definitely worthwhile, if not seeing it in theaters, owning it on disc.

My only complaint was I wish it would have been about 20 minutes or so longer to show more of Kyle's life after he got out and dealing with the PTSD issues and, the time he spent with other vets since that was such a big part of his life after separation from the military. Bradley Cooper did an outstanding job portraying Chris and, I think, really honored his memory.

When it was over, I doubt there was a dry eye in the theater, including mine. Then something happened I've never had happen in a theater. The entire crowd left in total silence, like a funeral procession. About all you could hear was an occasional sniffle. From what I've seen this is a pretty common occurrence with this movie. Very moving...

I'd also like to add in a big "fuck you" to the hateful liberals that are only free to spew their verbal diarrhea because of the sacrifices of men like Kyle and others. Even if they've made it back in one piece, completely unharmed, they left family behind while they served their deployment. And another big "fuck you" to scumbag Truther Jessie Ventura for taking any sort of monetary settlement from Kyle's family. I hope he blows that ill gotten money doing cocaine off of the asses of tranny hookers from whom he catches a nice combination of Hep C, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, and AIDS. Fuck all of you assholes. 10,000,000 of you aren't worth one Chris Kyle.

Thanks

Hooaaah!
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Ain't much more to be said about that.

Thanks

Yep, thought so...

Ventura Won't See 'American Sniper'; Says Kyle Is No Hero

January 28, 2015

"American Sniper" is tops at the box office but don't expect to see former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura lining up at a theater for it.

Ventura, a former Navy SEAL, won $1.8 million in a defamation lawsuit last year against the estate of the late Chris Kyle, the SEAL protagonist of the movie, which has sparked debate over whether snipers should be considered heroes. Ventura said Wednesday he won't see the film partly because Kyle is no hero to him.

"A hero must be honorable, must have honor. And you can't have honor if you're a liar. There is no honor in lying," Ventura told The Associated Press from his winter home in Baja California, Mexico. He also noted that the movie isn't playing there.

Ventura also dismissed the movie as propaganda because it conveys the false idea that Iraq had something to do with the 9/11 attacks. "It's as authentic as 'Dirty Harry,'" he said, referring to fictional movie series starring Clint Eastwood, the director of "American Sniper."

Ventura testified Kyle fabricated a subchapter in his "American Sniper" book in which Kyle claimed he punched out a man, whom he later identified as Ventura, at a California bar in 2006 for allegedly saying the SEALs "deserve to lose a few" in Iraq. Ventura said it never happened.

The jury gave Ventura the legal vindication he craved. Publisher HarperCollins removed the passage from the best-seller, and it gets no mention in the movie. Kyle's estate has appealed. Ventura's separate lawsuit against HarperCollins remains pending.

The former wrestler is now working on the second season of his online-only political talk show "Off the Grid" at Ora.tv, which he records in Mexico, where he lives in a solar-powered home with a satellite Internet connection.

Ed Huddleston, a lawyer for Kyle's widow, Taya Kyle, said they won't comment on Ventura's remarks because the lawsuit is on appeal.

Kyle was killed in 2013 on a shooting range. The former Marine charged in his death goes on trial in Texas next month.

The "American Sniper" film has been a sensation at the box office and has earned more than $200 million domestically since it was released last month on Christmas day.

Yep, I'm definitely going to take this guy's opinion seriously.

Thanks

I figured I'd go ahead and post this here as a reminder of Ventura's nuttiness. No slander/libel necessary to make Ventura look like a loopy cunt.

NSFW: Language - It is Opie and Anthony so...

Thanks

The butthurt continues...

MSNBC Creep Ayman Mohyeldin: Chris Kyle Went On ‘Killing Sprees In Iraq’ Due To His ‘Racist Tendencies’

January 29, 2015

As American Sniper continues to smash box-office records, our moral, ethical, and intellectual betters have been caught flat-footed. They’re so flabbergasted, their worldview is so fragile, that they’ve resorted to saying what they really think about America. Thankfully, they’ve been banished to the relative obscurity of places like the New York Times and MSNBC.

From today’s Morning Joe, courtesy of Newsbusters:

It’s a good thing Joe Scarborough woke up from his nap long enough to question Mohyeldin’s rotten lies. And kudos to Willie Geist for his patience in explaining the facts to this little jerk.

“Killing sprees.” Chris Kyle served his country, Ayman. A country where you have the right to crap all over him. And where I have the right to respond: Up yours, asshole.

Thanks

The only racists I know are Leftists, Blacks and Democraps.
    Libertatem Prius!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to American Patriot For This Useful Post:

Phil Fiord (February 6th, 2015)

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Yesterday afternoon, two friends and I went and saw American Sniper locally. It was a 2pm showing on a Thursday. Theater was maybe 70% full and was similar in reaction at the end as Ryan described. Silent audience until actual credits rolled and some applause. Many wet eyes as well. I recall when he died and the info about his life from then. They really seemed to have caught the actual context of the issues and yes, this war.

Thread Information